Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemushbaby
woodswalker
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in my own lil world
Re: What do you make of love? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #8080490 - 02/28/08 06:56 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

That was beautiful MT.

I know I have been coming across rather cynical in regards to love lately. I have definitely been having a crises of faith when it comes to love.

I can see it on the grand scale, sometimes it's harder to find on a more personal level.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: What do you make of love? [Re: mushbaby]
    #8080508 - 02/28/08 07:12 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

The word love has roots in the word for Jupiter - Jove.

The same is true for the words juvenile and joke. Seriously.

Strange how people use the word love to describe the attachment to the emotional high of infatuation.

Love is actually the opposite of attachment, it is surrender.

Invisiblemushbaby
woodswalker
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in my own lil world
Re: What do you make of love? [Re: Middleman]
    #8080522 - 02/28/08 07:21 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

So "love is a joke?"  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: What do you make of love? [Re: mushbaby]
    #8080524 - 02/28/08 07:23 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

A hilarious one. :lol:

At least the personal kind.

Markos the G made a great post about the different kinds of love recently.

Quote:

Chronic777 said:

What do you make of love?

Music. :headbang:

OfflineBoots
Disenchanted
Male

Loc: Northwood, Ohio, U.S.A.
Re: What do you make of love? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #8080595 - 02/28/08 08:10 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I make love in theory and touch myself in practice.

Yea, I love my friends, family and pets but I don't really know what love is and have never experienced it towards a female or male friend that's equivalent to the way a husband and wife might love each other.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #8080765 - 02/28/08 09:24 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:
Markos the G made a great post about the different kinds of love recently.

That was on my thread:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7979565#7979565

Love of life is the only true love, and all our love for other beings is like reflected light. (I think of the sun and the moon.)

InvisibleChronic7

#8082385 - 02/28/08 05:11 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:

The word love has roots in the word for Jupiter - Jove.

The same is true for the words juvenile and joke. Seriously.

Strange how people use the word love to describe the attachment to the emotional high of infatuation.

This is how i realised the same thing, i surrendered myself to union with the one, and it revealed itself as pure love enlessly flowing. You have to let go, flow with the harmony, surrender, unattach...you cant feel it as anything but love, bliss etc...its the only way i can describe it.

I think the confusion of love with attachment is the paradox of love in life, love itself is seemingly attached to being, yet love is being, yet love is being one, this is why i say the cycle, its seemingly dual, as being is seemingly dual, its a reflection of the same thing, we are all the same thing reflected, when you look into anothers eyes, you are staring into your own...

The fact love was taken from jupiter is great, jupiter is what protects us from being pulverised by comets, its gravitational pull nurtures planet earths growth.

This too is out of love. :heart:

:sun:

I dont mean to come off pretentious or anything, i feel paranoid that i might come off trying to be holy or something, the universe teaches me love is for spreading

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: What do you make of love? [Re: Chronic7]
    #8082432 - 02/28/08 05:20 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Love
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English lufu; akin to Old High German luba love, Old English lēof dear, Latin lubēre, libēre to please.

Quote:

Jove
Middle English, from Archaic Latin Iovis, or from Latin Iov- stem of Iuppiter.

These words do not share a common etymology.  :shrug:

InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

#8084585 - 02/29/08 01:02 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Middleman said:

I'm glad someone said this.

And the post about "what would you do for love," I don't think those were fair questions. Most people would answer all of them in different ways. I don't see the relevance. Imo, revenge is not directly related to love.
For instance, if someone murdered someone I was in love with, I don't personally believe that my LOVE for that person would make me torture their murderer. It would be my hate for the murderer, or an effect of grief from such a loss. Those are different feelings than love. They aren't the same thing.
All love will be lost for all individuals, because everything will be lost for all individuals. It isn't cynical to be aware of this fact. Love can't last if nothing lasts.

I'm just rambling. But I thought I'd throw my .02 in because I've enjoyed this thread. Love is certainly interesting.

InvisibleChronic7

Re: What do you make of love? [Re: Blend]
    #8084956 - 02/29/08 04:53 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I agree love is in a way opposite to attachment, but they are also very very hard to distinguish between, as love is life,  but it can also be said life is suffering (attachment) as it is unfullfilled, yet in the process of fullfilling itself.

Thus being is suffering/unfullfillment.

It is dualistic, love is one.
Dualism is beautiful though as its love being, it is the universe, it is beaituful planets, stars, man & woman. Everything we casually perceive. Its achingly gorgeous. The realm of duality. You have to love the suffering, thats the hardest part.

Attachment/suffering are beautiful things, look at what man has created, look at how beautiful our planet is, but the truth is you have to let go of all this beauty and find your love in the source of it all, love.

This makes you love everything around you unconditionally, you see everything as growing towards love, merging in union with the one.

God im such a hippy! :crazy2:

Im all about surrender right now, ive just woken up and was having healing dreams about my youth/teens, and after, i merged with the stars. I became a constellation, i dont know which as i dont study the stars...yet. It was awesome, yet i cant let myself become fasctinated by it, i have to keep surrendering, surrendering is not giving up who you are, its being who you truly are. :heart:

--------------------

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#8085457 - 02/29/08 09:57 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

'...You have to love the suffering, thats the hardest part.'

Precisely.:uptosomething:Grrr

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #8085557 - 02/29/08 10:29 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I agree love is in a way opposite to attachment, but they are also very very hard to distinguish between,

For you maybe but I see no similarities between unconditional acceptance and addiction.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #8085594 - 02/29/08 10:43 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

One of my favorite quotes is from a European Renaissance Poet whose name escapes me:

"Love is that which sets the enslaved free, and ties those who are free into bondage"

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: What do you make of love? [Re: Icelander]
    #8085717 - 02/29/08 11:06 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

:cheers: to love. I see love and attachment as inseparable. If you love something you become grossly aware of it so it becomes the focus of your experience. Now you're "in the zone" and you are getting joy out of something because you are engrossed in it. For example, having a conversation with a loved one over a cup of tea is only an experience filled with love if you are really there with all your being, really drinking the tea and really having a conversation, and investing yourself in that moment.

I'm just saying this from my point of view of right now, I could change my mind next week. However it does seem to me that I've suffered the most when I was Detached from everything, because then I did not care about what happened to me or the people around me. This came from trying to hold on to this image of Love I had in my mind and when it started slipping I tried "surrendering" but it became a kind of nihilistic trap of everything being "nothing", not in a creative sense but destructive. Detachment is the mind obscuring love and basically seeing the world as "everything is out there happening to me, and I (will) play no part in this creative process" - creativity being the source of culture and language and learning.

I think this is because I believed that if Everything was Love, and I wasn't feeling "Love" in a particular moment, than I had to be Nothing, the opposite of love. This idea of Nothing was also just an image - I can't point out somewhere in the world and say "This is Nothing". Nor can I say "This is Everything" - these are containers the mind creates when reality may not be contained in anything at all. Without an ego which is attached to Being and the experience of an individual involved in the world, there is not love but despair because there is no identity, nothing to put everything together. So we have to understand ourselves (Realize ourselves through the imaginative/dreaming process) to love ourselves.

So, everything is indeed love, if we attach ourselves to something in our imagination, or a dream, and "ground" ourselves in that. It could be mostly cultural, a shared hallucination. The fact that it exists at all is very special. I guess the trick is knowing that our grounding is really all groundless but we can move on to another dream or keep building upon one we already started.

Quote:

When you feel your life aint worth living
Youve got to stand up and
Take a look around you then a look way up to the sky.
And when your deepest thoughts are broken,
Keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreamin its time to die.

edit: i like that quote, gluke and maybe now i understand where chronic is coming from a bit better. love makes us release attachment from that which doesn't serve our deepest being and it drives us to become attached to that which will bring good things

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: What do you make of love? [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #8085744 - 02/29/08 11:10 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

The opposite of attachment is not detachment, it is equanimity and non-attachment.  Being detached from one's experiences is removing oneself from the flow of what is real, whereas being non-attached is following the flow of reality, no matter what one's preferences for the direction of that flow may be.

Non-attachment: caring, experiencing fully, yet not attempting to control, grasp or reject.  :sun:

InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: What do you make of love? [Re: Veritas]
    #8085756 - 02/29/08 11:13 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I am glad you made that clear, a lot of my definitions for things aren't as clear and integrated as they could be.

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: What do you make of love? [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #8085768 - 02/29/08 11:17 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

When I was younger, I equated lack of attachment with apathy and disinterest.  I thought that, if one truly cared, one would always become upset over discrepancies between reality and one's preferences.  :tongue:

Eventually, after breaking my heart over and over again, I began to examine these ideas for validity.  I decided to become friends with reality, and to endeavor to know it as intimately as I could.  It has been a very rewarding relationship thus far!  :heart:

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: What do you make of love? [Re: Veritas]
    #8085773 - 02/29/08 11:20 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Serendipitously, I just saw this sig on another forum. Make of it what you will.

Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds. -HK-47

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: What do you make of love? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #8085790 - 02/29/08 11:23 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

That quote is about relationships, not about love. Love is quite easy to achieve, it takes no effort whatsoever, and does not require the participation of anyone else.

InvisibleChronic7

Re: What do you make of love? [Re: Icelander]
    #8085824 - 02/29/08 11:36 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
I agree love is in a way opposite to attachment, but they are also very very hard to distinguish between,

For you maybe but I see no similarities between unconditional acceptance and addiction.

Its not about me im talking about the human race dude, we all see them as hard to distinguish between. On the whole the human race confuses love with attachment, they love what they're attached then what they're attached to dies, they suffer, we just think love not unconditional love, isn't about how i see it or you see it, its about how we see it.

If you can separate love and attachment in everyhting you do your a master of some sort in my eyes, well done!

Being/life is attachment, and being/life is also love embodied, this makes attachment easy to confuse with love.

We do what we love, and mostly we do this through attachment to it. If your totally free of all attachment seriously well done to you.

--------------------

Edited by Chronic7 (02/29/08 12:06 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order