Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebullrider4
Stranger

Week old cake pics- What gives?
    #8069724 - 02/25/08 07:12 PM (16 years, 26 days ago)

Hey all,

Can you tell me that the deal is with this pf (BRF) cake? It was birthed 1 week after full colonization, incubated at 86, and is in perlite terrarium, with a temp of 70-75, being fanned several times per day. Dunk and Roll tek was used. It's been a week, and all I see is this white mycelium growing out from under the vermiculite casing, but no mushrooms or even any apparent sign of them.. Just more mycelium.. Is this normal? I mean, for the mycelium to grow over the top of the casing? Sorry for the shitty pics..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEasy_Cheese
Cheese in a can

Re: Week old cake pics- What gives? [Re: bullrider4]
    #8069765 - 02/25/08 07:23 PM (16 years, 26 days ago)

yes it is perfectly normal. Some strains and sometimes just certain cakes just take longer. Ive had cakes that took 10+ days to fruit. Possibly they were not 100% colonized all the way through when you birthed them,therefore they are finishing up.
Regardless patience is the key,they are fine and looking good.

--------------------
....Said the can of Cheese!

Offlineflushme
Shroomery OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kazakhstan
Re: Week old cake pics- What gives? [Re: Easy_Cheese]
    #8069853 - 02/25/08 07:45 PM (16 years, 26 days ago)

or its a nonfruiting substrain happend to me, if from multispore

--------------------
TRUST IN THE FLUSH

Take Salvia Cuttings Successfully

OfflineOverclock22
Here, There andBack Again
Male

Loc: NY
Re: Week old cake pics- What gives? [Re: flushme]
    #8070149 - 02/25/08 08:57 PM (16 years, 26 days ago)

how often does that happen?

--------------------
He did not laugh as his eyes stopped in awareness of the earth around him. His face was like a law of nature-a thing one could not question, alter or implore. It had high cheekbones over gaunt, hollow cheeks; gray eyes, cold and steady; a contemptuous mouth, shut tight, the mouth of an executioner or a saint.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, can you wake up a different person?

Cf. A.C. Doyle "I'll rise above this, you can't keep me down, for I am Divine, and I know it all too well."

OfflineBlargIAmDead
Shroom Samurai
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Week old cake pics- What gives? [Re: Overclock22]
    #8070570 - 02/25/08 10:36 PM (16 years, 26 days ago)

1) Get the cake back in your FC.
2) Quit taking it out of the FC.
3) Leave it alone.
4) Don't incubate at 86F. Too hot. Room temp is fine.
5) Fan and mist 4-7 times a day. If it's not getting FAE and being kept moist it won't fruit. Check your humidity as well.
6) Could be a non-fruiting strain. Sucks to be you then I suppose :smile:.

Offlinesubstraight
fella
 User Gallery

Re: Week old cake pics- What gives? [Re: flushme]
    #8071740 - 02/26/08 09:28 AM (16 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

flushme said:
or its a nonfruiting substrain happend to me, if from multispore

I got a syringe from a non-sponsor (but well known) vendor and I'm on my second attempt with a couple brf cakes dunk and rolled and a couple cased in 50/50. it's been about 3 weeks and I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm gonna end up with nothing just like my last attempt. they're healthy looking, all the FC parameters are within suggested limits and I'm contam free.

could it be that I've received a syringe a non-fruiting substrain?

this is the first I've heard of that one.

I've been fanning for months, man, oye.

I'd be happy just to identify my problem.

Offlinebullrider4
Stranger

Re: Week old cake pics- What gives? [Re: substraight]
    #8073050 - 02/26/08 03:19 PM (16 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

I got a syringe from a non-sponsor (but well known) vendor and I'm on my second attempt with a couple brf cakes dunk and rolled and a couple cased in 50/50. it's been about 3 weeks and I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm gonna end up with nothing just like my last attempt. they're healthy looking, all the FC parameters are within suggested limits and I'm contam free.

Man, I hope I dont have to wati three weeks!!! I'm not really concerned that they havent fruited yet, but I am concerned about how the mycelium is growing from off the sides of the cakes.. I have not seen this in other pictures before...

Offlineflushme
Shroomery OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kazakhstan
    #8077249 - 02/27/08 01:33 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

make sure also you give your cakes a week once they are fully colonized untill you birth them

--------------------
TRUST IN THE FLUSH

Take Salvia Cuttings Successfully

Offlinesubstraight
fella
 User Gallery

#8077270 - 02/27/08 01:40 PM (16 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

bullrider4 said:
Quote:

Man, I hope I dont have to wati three weeks!!! I'm not really concerned that they havent fruited yet, but I am concerned about how the mycelium is growing from off the sides of the cakes.. I have not seen this in other pictures before...

I ended up starting another thread about non-fruiting sub-strains. I didn't know that could happen.

my first try I waited six weeks (at least) until I started this current attempt from the same (possibly bad) syringe.

it could very well be me, but I swear I'm following the process to the 'T'. so I don't know, I'm getting another syringe if I have the same problem then I'll know it's me for sure.

don't take this as bad necessarily, it might not be, but my cakes look exactly like yours. it can take several weeks as I understand it so you might be fine.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag