Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleshroomnub01
Stranger
 User Gallery
Double check my first grow plan please?
    #8076016 - 02/27/08 04:39 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Big edit: If you read my previous post using the spawn bag and casing...after watching RR's video using cakes seems much less error prone for my first time.

Hello all,

I've been a lurker here the last two weeks and now I think Im ready to get growing!

Oddly enough Ive done so much reading here the last few nights before going to bed Ive actually starting dreaming (literally) about growing.

Side note: While I've read some easy to follow Teks that are a bit more complex than what I'm planning, I'm trying to avoid any sterilization problems for my first grow.

I've never ingested magic mushrooms before so my first grow is just about trying them out to see if I like it before doing any serious grow! I don't trust any other source except myself, so I figure this is the safest route for my first time :wink:

I was browsing some sponsor web-stores and found:

A) Pre-sterilized pint jars with Brown Rice Flour from mycopath.com

B) 100% guaranteed sterile spore syringe from spore101 of Amazonian Cubensis. I read it is a hearty/healthy strain pretty good for beginners on the Strain sticky.

Would using the pre-sterilized jar+substrate and syringe make getting contaminates pretty difficult without me fucking up pretty badly?

I know buying all pre-sterilized materials is taking some of the fun and adventure out of it ...but it is my first time, and I plan on doing a "real" technique on subsequent grows if I like the mushroom experience :smile:

As for technique I planned on:

Using latex gloves and a sterile cotton pad with Isopropyl alcohol to wipe around the injection port, then flaming the syringe needle then wiping down with another alcohol/cotton wipe and injecting 3ccs directly into the self-healing injector site.

Move the jars to dark, warm space for incubation.

After 100% mycelium coverage, give it an additional week to fortify itself.

Then birth the cakes. Do a Dunk & Roll following RR's PF Tek Video, then place them in a FC with 5 inches of pearlite and a piece of tin foil under the cakes, like in RR's video.

Mist often and fan...then wait?

Feedback would be welcome! While I understand there are "ideal" ways to do things to maximize the yield, as long as I get enough to try it 2-3 times Ill consider it a success.

Thanks!

Edited by shroomnub01 (02/27/08 06:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleshaggydogman
Stranger

Re: Double check my first grow plan please? [Re: shroomnub01]
    #8076158 - 02/27/08 07:09 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

All sounds good to me.
I would recommend using a glove / still air box for your innoculations.
A still air box would be the best place to inoculate and can be done in 2 minutes! Have a read of this thread, this post has the details of how easy a still air box can be. I use a similar method with a clear tub.

Also OUST is great!!

Good luck

--------------------
Rye -- WBS | Grain LC -- G2G | Bulk -- Monotub | 50/50 -- Late Casing -- A Pinning Strategy
Disclaimer: My opinion is subject to change at short notice subject to but not limited by new information and knowledge being made available.

Edited by shaggydogman (02/27/08 07:11 AM)

Invisibleshroomnub01
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Double check my first grow plan please? [Re: shaggydogman]
    #8076197 - 02/27/08 07:41 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

The point of a still air box still kind of confuses me.

I watched RR's video where he cut arm holes in a plastic container to use as a glove box..but he takes his arms in and out of the box to flame the needle and all sorts of things that would seem just as risky and not having the box.

1) Taking gloved hands out of the box would let airborne stuff land on your gloves that you're sticking back into the box

2) Taking the needle in and out of the box to flame then moving it through open air to insert back through the arm holes into the box ...

I understand the concept behind a still air box but with this in mind how is it much better?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate