Home | Community | Message Board

Myco.ca - Spores & Cultivation Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Frequent Psychedelic Use
    #8071512 - 02/26/08 09:21 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Who here is a frequent user of psychedelics? We might say Shroomhead or Acidhead to give it some sort of negative connotation, especially when looked at from the standpoint of a non-drug user. Eitherway you look at it, I trip often, a lot of other people do, and why do we do it? I think tripping often is a complex subject, and what drugs people choose to use often usually says more about the drug than the person.

In all honesty, I wouldn't do Shrooms just about everyweek, like I do LSD. Shrooms are just way too weird, introspective and emotional, unpredictable and make me feel crazy. All things I like, however the trip is always so pertinent, I only feel the need (there is no need I guess?) to USE mushrooms every so often. Way too "significant" You get shit done with the mushroom. I also feel I am familiar enough with the shroom to know what it will do to me, more or less of course; The figuring that some of the trip might be at least random algorhythmical based crosswirings of associations always will lead to new journeys.

Salvia I feel the need to do it even less than mushrooms. Like once every few months. The personal purpose it way more out of focus than it is compared to mushrooms. I mean, to me, mushrooms have a clear and obvious point (peak), while Salvia is like a dirty window to me. OR it is like a giant mixing board: I have an idea of how they relate, however not a clue as to what all those buttons and knobs do. I can talk about shtuff I don't know about all day, so that is always fun.

LSD though, my favorite Psychedelic Tool I have used by far, I use quite often. I have what this shit is doing to me down to a science, nigga. Almost total awareness of how it affects me, although not that pretentious;-) It is always talked about how LSD produces a "clean, clear-headed, open cognitive experience" to be general/generic. I must agree with the generalities; especially on low-doses I always feel the ability to easily socially interact, remain pretty much ego-static. It is almost like seratonin with a kick at small doses.

I don't care to elaborate how I use it but what I use it for is basically: Music, Art, and Humour pretty much, and a few other "mental practices" that usually take a backseat when put up against the previous endeavors. Weed the same. Now if you read this far, I may have romanticized the frequent use of psychedelics a bit too much: Yay! I do all this fun stuff high everyweek! Awesome for me! I'm going to keep sucking my own dick!;-)

However, as with most journies and jobs, there are dangers. I think in the world of psychedelics the dangers are more related to mentation and the how you label the intergrated experiences of tripping. There also comes the social stigma, amongst fellow trippers even "Why do you feel the need to trip so often?!", and from peers and family if they happen to take notice.

I know when I need to take a break. The drug LETS you know is one way I've heard it decribed before, and I think this to be true. It is similar to the feeling you get when you see some nasty food, and you can sympathize with it, but won't bring yourself to eat it. A vacation from the drug (we're still BEST friends man, just need a break from you!) Also, other signs inculded for me: Weed makes ya trip more, you feel like your tripping on the day you would normally trip, or you get the feeling like "it's going to be another day at the office" Signs that tell me, your sword isn't broken, but it will be if you don't sharpen or temper it again.

The social stigma also sucks. as said prior, sometimes people who Trip themselves will deem it unneccesary if they are people who space out their trips. Of course your trips will be more intense! I'm not going for intense though! I'm going in to do a specific thing using a spefic chemical! I know what I want to do with it, okay? I think it is more important to repsect yourself and others than it is to repsect the chemical. Or in other words to repect the chemical means an attempt to be fully aware of the consenquences while using it;

I felt like writing about frequent dosing, as I never read about it often, thus ful-fulling the self-prophecy of releieving my boredom. Also, I would like to hear (as always) other people's opinions on high-dosing, and if it relates to the tool like aspects of the drug, possibly.:sun:

I have :peace: names!

EDITED: Spelling mistakes, nothing serious.

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Edited by Apollyphelion (02/26/08 07:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineSeraph in Blue
Stranger

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #8071541 - 02/26/08 10:02 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

As far as frequent use is concerned, I don't think it's a problem, whatever floats your boat, but why would you. I mean it's an experience, you effectively reduce the significance of an experience, especially a profound one if you overdo it. I know every trip brings something new and interesting to the table, but the altered mentality could get stale, especially with shrooms.

I like to idealy trip on shrooms once a month, and idealy with a small group of friends or just one buddy, usually outdoors at night, maybe timed to catch the sunrise or sunset (pure bliss). If I could find acid, I would use it weekly most likely, on weekends out at clubs, raves, festivals, concerts, etc. But it's been dry around here lately. I also like to space MDMA two months apart minimum.

I feel LSD is like a really good friend that likes to show me a good time and occasionally teach me a thing or two, so I can hang out with him more often. MDMA is like a "fuck-buddy" that's unbelieveably fun to tango with, but untimately is an unsatisfying and potentially dangerous relationship, so I try to keep away from her, but it's just pure hedonistic fun, so I always go back to her. And mushrooms, ah, a Mushroom, or should I say psilocybin/psilocin is like my mentor or wise teacher who I always learn something from, but sometimes as a mentor or "spirit guide" exhibits tough love and chastizes me or shows me the err of my ways when I do wrong. I equate it to an old chinese master who speaks in slow, poigniant metaphors and carries a big stick to beat you into submission with when you get out of line. In that sense, the mushrooms are more of a spiritual and self-exploratory tool to keep my priorities straight, and as such should be treated with respect and not abused.

I think as humans we find a way to abuse just about anything good, and I've always been one for moderation with everything, so I'm ok with shrooming in one month intervals or less, though recently I've broken that rule since I had such an amazing hunt a couple months ago. Done it about 5 times since :shrug::mushroom2::sun:

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Seraph in Blue]
    #8071554 - 02/26/08 10:13 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Seraph in Blue said:

I feel LSD is like a really good friend that likes to show me a good time and occasionally teach me a thing or two, so I can hang out with him more often. MDMA is like a "fuck-buddy" that's unbelieveably fun to tango with, but untimately is an unsatisfying and potentially dangerous relationship, so I try to keep away from her, but it's just pure hedonistic fun, so I always go back to her. And mushrooms, ah, a Mushroom, or should I say psilocybin/psilocin is like my mentor or wise teacher who I always learn something from, but sometimes as a mentor or "spirit guide" exhibits tough love and chastizes me or shows me the err of my ways when I do wrong. I equate it to an old chinese master who speaks in slow, poigniant metaphors and carries a big stick to beat you into submission with when you get out of line. In that sense, the mushrooms are more of a spiritual and self-exploratory tool to keep my priorities straight, and as such should be treated with respect and not abused.

Thank you for the reply and that paragraph is very well articulated. I really loved the analogy for MDMA. Never having done it, I felt what you said.

--------------------

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
    #8071555 - 02/26/08 10:14 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I trip about 15 times a year, LSD, Mushrooms & LSA last year. MDMA about 20+ so far.

LSD is as seraph said, like a good friend, im still figuring it out though, so can't say much about it.

Mushrooms, for me, are very powerful, and completely shift my reality.
I'm very philosophical the weeks/months after a trip, and can figure things out quite easily, I also seem to be much more calm and in tune with my life and my path.

Seems to give me.. a very strong control over my reality.
If you know "The Law of Attraction", i think magic mushrooms can really put you in tune for that.

And MDMA, no more magic for me so I tend not to use it much, every 3 months I'd say.
Would rather stick to low dose LSD instead of MDMA, but alas, LSD is harder to find.

Tripping is good fun, but also helps me in clearing my head, and just generally feeling very satisfied, and sometimes dissatisfied with life.

:shroomer:

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#8071574 - 02/26/08 10:25 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

guilty
but small doses.
with cid, you can know your dose and control it for a certain kind of fix.
it is a lighter fix than THC,
once a week to me seems ideal,
sometimes reality gets in the way and I have to skip.
when times are dry, salvia is a god send, and even between like every other day or more often, just a peek at the other side suffices.
is that like a fix too? well not like speed or coke or mda or horse, those are real fixers, but sick too.
sometimes emotional addiction to psychedelic teddy bears gets a hold. But it is not a rough hold. more like vitamine than something bad for you.
still not smoking ciggies after dropping it on a cid run 5 months ago.

--------------------

OfflineSeraph in Blue
Stranger

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8071596 - 02/26/08 10:36 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
guilty
but small doses.
with cid, you can know your dose and control it for a certain kind of fix.
it is a lighter fix than THC,
once a week to me seems ideal,
sometimes reality gets in the way and I have to skip.
when times are dry, salvia is a god send, and even between like every other day or more often, just a peek at the other side suffices.
is that like a fix too? well not like speed or coke or mda or horse, those are real fixers, but sick too.
sometimes emotional addiction to psychedelic teddy bears gets a hold. But it is not a rough hold. more like vitamine than something bad for you.
still not smoking ciggies after dropping it on a cid run 5 months ago.

I too dropped smoking cigarettes after a VERY powerful experience with MDMA/MDA combo.

I used to smoke ALOT on ecstasy, but the MDA kicked in on this last one and I kind of realized that I was hurting myself, and for what? Nothing I wouldn't be far better off without, so I kicked the babit.

This is after LSD had helped me quit drinking. I drank every day for two years straight. Being single, depressed from the end of a very serious relationship, AND working as a bartender tends to have that alcoholic effect on people, but I give LSD credit for helping me along with qutting my habitual drinking too.

OfflineSeraph in Blue
Stranger

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: blacksun]
    #8071603 - 02/26/08 10:41 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blacksun said:
I trip about 15 times a year, LSD, Mushrooms & LSA last year. MDMA about 20+ so far.

LSD is as seraph said, like a good friend, im still figuring it out though, so can't say much about it.

Mushrooms, for me, are very powerful, and completely shift my reality.
I'm very philosophical the weeks/months after a trip, and can figure things out quite easily, I also seem to be much more calm and in tune with my life and my path.

Seems to give me.. a very strong control over my reality.
If you know "The Law of Attraction", i think magic mushrooms can really put you in tune for that.

And MDMA, no more magic for me so I tend not to use it much, every 3 months I'd say.
Would rather stick to low dose LSD instead of MDMA, but alas, LSD is harder to find.

Tripping is good fun, but also helps me in clearing my head, and just generally feeling very satisfied, and sometimes dissatisfied with life.

:shroomer:

I too think I should begin to steer away from MDMA for fear that I may be losing some of the magic, which scares me to think that it may, just MAY be doing some neuronal damage, so I think I may stay away from it for a while just for safety's sake. One day I may indulge again, but I've had some great times with ecstasy and I have memories to last me a lifetime, so it's not hard for me to take a break.

Btw, thanks so much for the Av, it's badass. Very impressive!:cool: :cheers:

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

#8071671 - 02/26/08 11:07 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Hehe, no problem :tongue2:

Yeah, after a heavy couple of months last year, weekend after weekend of MDMA, i got mild after effects.
Poor memory, both short term and long term, minor/mid level HPPD.

Thats all cleared up now, but still, no magic with MDMA.
Its just something to do with the person, not the actual drug.
Some people can take MDMA for 30+ years, and still roll as hard and as magically as the first time.

Just enjoy what you can from it, in moderation.
Every 3 months, and make sure to take your antioxidants/vitamins.

A good tip, if its getting a bit... not so magical, mix it with a bit of amphetamine/speed. Seems to help it along a bit.

I think its a good thing though, I've enjoyed the time I had with MDMA, and now i cant really take it cause Im always sick/vomit on the comeup.
So kinda pushed me away, so now i like to have a bit of LSD, which is safer anywho, and much more interesting :lsd:

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

Invisiblecivil twilight
Male
Loc: Wisconsin
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use *DELETED* [Re: blacksun]
    #8071970 - 02/26/08 12:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by civil twilight

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
"You dropped your pocket..."

OfflinePhish20
Fantasticallyspun phan

Loc: Gamehenge Time Factory
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: civil twilight]
    #8072100 - 02/26/08 01:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I went through a phase of tripping Mushrooms every other weekend for almost a year...Then almost naturally, I slowed down to tripping several times a year, without consciously changing my habbits. Now I trip once every 2-3 months and am tripping on LSD alot more than mushrooms these days.

It has been about 2 years and I have no negative side effects besides an open mind and amazing memories.

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Phish20]
    #8072263 - 02/26/08 02:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have only tripped once this year so far.

Hoping to have a proper acid trip sometime in the next few months.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: blacksun]
    #8072344 - 02/26/08 02:29 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

hmm my favorite trip is the energy trip. At people constantly think im on all this stuff when im not even on anything at that moment while they are on a ton of stuff. Vibes will take you places drugs cant ever touch.
BTW neat avatar black sun i think the tea circle partly agrees with you on that, but you cant say never, theres a time and place.

any who i trip on vibes and energy pretty much everyday and on just drugs never but the combo of drugs and vibes is very hard to say but i would assume it goes along with mc kenna's novelty graph. Its in resonances with the entirety of my universe.
btw the way you talk about needing a break i love unlocking that in people so that they take a hit of pot to and trip balls. i love it. When your in balance and harmony with feeling others vibes you should only need a drop of blood to taste to whole communities. yes its a metaphor

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: thedudenj]
    #8072356 - 02/26/08 02:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

or maybe its all that coca wine ? lol

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: today mylove]
    #8072366 - 02/26/08 02:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well everyone knows that, uses energy work and has had the coca wine thats all about vibes. and is extremly psychedelic and can very well make you trip on anything, hippie people were quick to call it tea rather then wine or coca

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineFeanor
Crafter of the Silmarils
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: today mylove]
    #8072401 - 02/26/08 02:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I do take psychedelics quite often. As a matter of fact, I tend to take them really often. Sometimes, I get the feeling that I need to just go and fully submerge myself in the psychedelic ocean. Take for instance, this weekened, I went ahead and had a full-on psychedelic adventure. On Friday, I took some MDMA and LSA. On Saturday, I smoked a whole lot of Hashish. Marijuana, for me, is ridiculously psychedelic. Then, come Sunday, I vaporized DMT twice; the second time resulted in a breakthrough. I will give psychedelics a break every once in a while. Instead of listening to my body, I tend to give ears towards my soul; when it tells me the time has come for a little break, I take a vacation. However, it usually doesn't last longer than around 2-3 weeks. Simply put, I love the permanent effects of frequent psychedelic use; I love perceiving everything psychedelically, and I love wondering what everything would be like had I not have taken all of these psychedelics! I like to make life interesting.

By the way, good thread! :thumbup:

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

Offlinepublicenemy1
Dr. Funkenstein
Male

Loc: Cumberland Mine Flag
    #8072449 - 02/26/08 03:03 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Seraph in Blue said:
I feel LSD is like a really good friend that likes to show me a good time and occasionally teach me a thing or two, so I can hang out with him more often.

I feel the same exact way with LSD. I said to a friend of mine recently, LSD is like seeing a really good friend you haven't seen in a long time and you're both looking to have a blast whether it be a more philosophical trip or good time with the guys or whatever your cup of tea is at that moment. Besides weed being my most used drug i would say that LSD comes in a close second. Mushies... i also don't feel the need to do especially if i have LSD on hand but i can't say they aren't fun so i do indulge from time to time. MDMA i have only used a few times because i find the comedown/day after/body effects too negative to actually pick up as a drug i would use like LSD. I would like to do a combination with MDMA, LSD and some weed and perhaps some nitrous for a grand ole time but Ill think about that when the time comes.

To the OP - I understand what you mean when you say the drugs will let you know when to break and I also understand that you use your drugs for certain reasons which you have mastered but moderation is the key with everything. The drug (LSD - which i have a vey strong, respectful, and understanding relationship with) will let you know when you need to stop but I don't think it's necessarily for your benefit to be tripping as often as yo do for you will start to see some diminishing effects during the trip and some "weirs and quirky" after effects. IMO moderation is key. Drugs can be a very powerful tool and in order to respect that you must respect yourself first. There have been times where have psychedelic binged for a couple weeks but those days are gone as you learn to move on and flow with whatever comes your way, you live and you learn. I like using them really often for a weekend or festival but no longer than that now as I have submerged myself in a psychedelic/yogi/educational state of mind. Now I plan on using them only when I feel the need to further myself or if a friend wants a tripping companion. Once you know the psychedelic experience it is quite easy to transcend it into your every day world. I feel the effects of tripping every day and I love it like that. There's so much i could write about using psychedelics as tools and the who, what, where, when, why, and how but i'll stop here as i feel my point has gotten across substantially, but let me know if you actually want me to expand or keep rambling on my thoughts. Peace

--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Edited by publicenemy1 (02/26/08 03:07 PM)

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: publicenemy1]
    #8072625 - 02/26/08 03:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I feel pretty comfortable taking a low to medium acid trip every couple weeks, or maybe something like 2c-b, but heavy doses of acid and mushrooms and cactus seem to demand more respect. Anything that gets really psychologically or emotionally intense I just wouldn't want to do very often. Lower doses of acid can be cool for the whole aesthetic thing and they can be alot of fun, but very high doses can be completely life altering and you just can't have them all that often. MDMA is also in this category because a good roll is such a profound emotional experience it feels like enough for a long time (plus that whole seratonin thing).

Usually you do get the message to stop, and depending on the substance it can be harsh or gentle. If I'm doing acid more than I should be I just don't learn that much and it feels like I have to try too hard to trip because prior experiences and expectations get in the way. It's harder to get around the ego because it's like I'm getting a psychological tolerance.

The time I did mushrooms two weeks apart they totally fucked with my head and said "We don't have anything left to give, what are you doing here?!" That was a very confusing trip and it seemed like I encountered the negative side, or the doubt to all the positive things I had encountered earlier.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #8073043 - 02/26/08 05:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i am an everyday grass smoker, but psychedelics are (for me) are not really a every weekend kind of thing, probably because im still very new to this world. i haven't tripped since probably Sept.-Oct. 07 and will be tripping some very good doses this up coming weekend (man im fucking stoked ha ha) but i kind of like it that way. i have only been in the world of psychedelics for 3 years, and 1 year of that was an absolute refusal to do them. i don't see anything wrong with tripping on a weekly bases, but its probably not for everyone.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: smokeybear]
    #8073252 - 02/26/08 06:22 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

When I have easy access to acid I take it around every weekend or two.

I kind of like frequent tripping; it lets me return to the mindset of the last trip to reexamine some of the things I thought about and develop them further. This has its own advantages, though it's always good to take a break and freshen things up a bit.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinelemonjello
√Čtranger

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Feanor]
    #8073464 - 02/26/08 07:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Feanor said:

By the way, good thread! :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Invisiblefushock
 User Gallery
    #8073558 - 02/26/08 07:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I was a frequent user. Every weekend for like three or four months. I just stopped one weekend(a couple weeks after a bad trip) and haven't tripped again in almost two months.

Believe me, you can take it too far. And almost as bad, you can cheapen the experience. And when blowing your mind gets old, there isn't really anything you can do that seems worth while...

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #8073586 - 02/26/08 07:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Apollyphelion said:
I have what this shit is doing to me down to a science, nigga.

:sunny:

--------------------

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: the free thinker]
    #8073608 - 02/26/08 07:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Fo' real, who knows what I'm sayin', playas??

--------------------

OfflineSeraph in Blue
Stranger

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: fushock]
    #8073637 - 02/26/08 07:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fushock said:
I was a frequent user. Every weekend for like three or four months. I just stopped one weekend(a couple weeks after a bad trip) and haven't tripped again in almost two months.

Believe me, you can take it too far. And almost as bad, you can cheapen the experience. And when blowing your mind gets old, there isn't really anything you can do that seems worth while...

Do you have a trip report of said revolutionary bad trip? If not, can you relay some details of the event? I still don't know what a bad trip is and I feel as though the more I trip, the further I get from experiencing one, but just to avoid it, I'd lke to know what set yours off.

What did you take? How much? Set, setting? What made it a bad trip for you?

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

#8073788 - 02/26/08 08:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think a bad trip is many things.

The "bad trips" i have experienced, were me not dealing with certain issues, or issues that I never even noticed I had.

They are quite... hardcore at the time, but if you actually open your mind to what's trying to be put across, you realise your fighting yourself.

During my first mushroom trip, I lay upstairs on the floor of this run down cottage me and a friend were staying at, while he was pottering around having a great time downstairs, I was upstairs, scared shitless trying to figure out what was wrong.

I saw what society portays as jesus' face, form from the rough stone of the walls, then morph into the face of the devil. I felt scared, and had a very strong sense of impending doom. I had no control of my emotions or thoughts.

My realisation was that I was scared of "hell" or that there may be a hell, and I may go there when I die, and then i realised... jesus & satan, are a creation of society, to scare people into believing, then I realised that its all bullshit, there is no hell, so why was I scared?
The only evil you will come across is those of your fellow humans, and yourself. We are the wrong doers.

--------------------

Invisiblefushock
 User Gallery
    #8073791 - 02/26/08 08:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know if it was a bad trip or not. When I read people's accounts of bad trips, they usually talk about seeing blood and scary stuff. Mine seemed like it was all internal. I didn't see anything extremely scary. I just felt extreme fear and dread, unlike anything I have ever experienced. I think a pot of coffee and an unexpectedly high dose set me off.

I don't want to say what it was as I am a little paranoid, but I think its easy to guess as it is a very commonly used natural psychedelic. And I didn't measure the dosage. But I took a dosage about twice the size of what I consider a medium-small dose.

I have a trip report, but I feel like every time I mention my bad trip I do a dis serves to the community and help propagate a bad image of these mystifying things. I can tell you that my best experiences, which were far more common, far out way my worst experiences. And that even though it made me a little strange for a couple of weeks afterworlds, I think it was something I needed and deserved. And I am better for it.

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8073863 - 02/26/08 08:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I can take small 2 gram doses of mushrooms about once every two weeks large 5 + trips about once a year. I used to smoke salvia everyday, until it was outlawed. Ayahausca is great about once every 6 months, I cant wait to try and freebase DMT.

I would take LSD all the time if I had it and mescaline as well if it werent such a pian in the ass to make.

And its not about having fun or getting a fix my creativity is boosted and I believe i think more clearly on lower doses of Psychedelics than I do sober.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #8073944 - 02/26/08 08:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I do trip frequently and have experienced at length with both LSD and shrooms at separate times of my life, tripping 1-2 times a week for extended periods of time. I found it much "easier" to trip frequently on LSD, as long as I gave myself a recovery day. I found the more LSD I ate, the higher I went and the happier I was, the more momentum my life gained. LSD (more then shrooms) seems like such a precise mental tool that it can be used comfortably on a regular basis.

Shrooms are too dissolving for me to use them more then once or twice a month. They take me down and flush me out. I just recently finished a crazy mad-tripping spree with shrooms as an experiment that lasted a few months and I definitely feel FLUSHED. I am waiting until I feel the call before I cleanse myself with shrooms again.

If I had lots of LSD, I'd definitely be a weekly, bi-weekly tripper once more.

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: MOTH]
    #8073959 - 02/26/08 08:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

My shroom cleansing is coming soon!:heart:

I think anything over an eighth of mushrooms is hardcore to the max.

--------------------

Offlinepothead_bob
Resident Pothead
Male

Loc: Your computer screen
    #8339191 - 04/28/08 10:16 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I just tried shrooms for the first time a short while ago, but I'm finding that I want to do them frequently (like weekly or bi-weekly). I keep hearing people say that monthly is even too much. I try not to give into the temptation to do them because I don't want to abuse them. From books I read and from my own experiences, they really seem like a drug that deserves respect and not to be abused for cheap thrills. Lower doses can be a lot of fun, though. You get the body high and mild psychedelic effects without the deep introspection and melting into the universe - kind of like a good sativa high, but better.

I'm going to a club with friends this week and think I will end up taking a small dose (1-1.5 grams) before going because of how fun they make social interactions at low doses. I guess I'll just see how things pan out - perhaps the mushrooms will let me know if I'm doing them too much. I read about HPPD, though, and that kind of freaks me out. Too bad not more research is done on psychedelic drugs; I guess the sixties were too short lived.

--------------------
No knowledge can be certain, if it is not based
upon mathematics or upon some other knowledge
which is itself based upon the mathematical
sciences.
  -Leonardo da Vinci (1425-1519)

Speak well of your enemies.  After all, you made them.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: pothead_bob]
    #8339428 - 04/28/08 11:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i really want to know why some people react to acid like it was a hardcore difficult psychedelic, and why some people react to shrooms like it is a hardcore psychdelic.

i think i mentioned to you apolly that acid totally messes me up for a long time at any reasonable dose. all of my reasonable dose trips on acid were incredibly psycho-analytical, they felt like god was grabbing my eyes and forcing them to the microscope, holding my ears and forcing me to learn.
its always taken me a long time to integrate my acid trips.

mushrooms trips on the other hand for me are totally different, they're like being dropped into a fantasy novel. the emotional components of the trip are generally very comfortable for me, are generally very gentle. mushrooms are just nice to me in general, when they have something negative to say they do it softly, and they point out the silver lining.
acid for me has no care towards how i feel, it has a job to do and it does it

also acid is very hard on my body, producing bizarre and painful sensations, while mushrooms make my body feel very relaxed and liquidy.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8339503 - 04/28/08 11:15 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

oh yeah, so there have been times in my life where i've done shrooms 1-2 times a week for a month or two and its only brought me joy (and a little loosening of the mind)

i can imagine if i did it for 6 months straight i might become a little too soft around the edges.

--------------------

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

#8339554 - 04/28/08 11:27 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i had no idea that floaters where a part of HPPD, it looks like i have HPPD, but its not bad, i mean, i get tracers, have floaters (2-3, not a lot though) halos around lights, basically everything that adds up to be it. honestly, its really only noticeable when i am high. the floaters come around in certain light situations (mostly outside in the sunlight) and halos are around street lights (partially to bad vision, even though i wear glasses all the time) and its never too much to be completely taken over with.

Invisiblefushock
 User Gallery
    #8339658 - 04/28/08 11:50 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Floaters are not signs of HPPD. Most people have floaters. The D in HPPD stands for Disorder. Even if you see new things after ingesting large amounts of psychedelics over a long period of time, I wouldn't consider it a disorder unless its effecting your life in a negative way.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: fushock]
    #8340144 - 04/29/08 01:25 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

A good chunk of my past, (2-3 years of serious but somewhat fequent psychedlic use and some use before and after that chunk of time) has added much spice to every thing I do.
Some things less so and some things more so.

Things it has chaneged the most:
Every thing musical/artistic
everything emotional
everything spiritual
everything lingual
everything loving
everything I care about...........actually

Most of the shit I care about fits into those categories.

Frequent use can do any number of things.
Im was never the typical party animal who cant help but to take some random psychedelic every week.

It was a 1/4th life of purity and insane things.
I cant imagine my life any different.
The frequent use for a few years were possibly the most mind shattering years I will ever experience.

To think I was able to see my own verion of relavent psychedelic mind space is kind of important to me.

What else can I say?

Oh........I know!
This shit can drive you into alien territories that you may or may not want to experience or have to deal with after the fact.

Your brain is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much smarter than you.

Im all for frequent use when such use is taken atleast somewhat seriously.

Keep yourself, and dont loose other things that are almost just as important.

Loosing your damn mind as you know it is pretty cool for any experienced psychonaut that can deal with it and doesnt become enveloped by just getting stoned, or those who actually think they can take the heat of something way far beyond their own simple ass.

Frequent psychedilic use?
It tends to get serious, and I think that is supposed to happen unless you are just short of brain dead.
Take 1000 mics of lsd once a week for 3 weeks.
Does it get better or less interesting?
Depends on the person really.
For me and my like-minded friend, it just becomes "different" and much more complex but paradoxically maybe a bit less complex visually

What is the weirdest thing frequent use has done to my mind?
It made me an alien.
I have not used psychedelics in 2.5 years and I cant say I am any less alien than right after my last trip.

These drugs can teach you really strange things.
These very real things tend to add upon the last strange set of things if you know what I mean..............

Good luck all.
There is no telling how you may interpret the ups and downs of what might be considered "frequent use".

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (04/29/08 01:34 AM)

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

#8340158 - 04/29/08 01:26 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
i really want to know why some people react to acid like it was a hardcore difficult psychedelic, and why some people react to shrooms like it is a hardcore psychdelic.

i think i mentioned to you apolly that acid totally messes me up for a long time at any reasonable dose. all of my reasonable dose trips on acid were incredibly psycho-analytical, they felt like god was grabbing my eyes and forcing them to the microscope, holding my ears and forcing me to learn.

mushrooms trips on the other hand for me are totally different, they're like being dropped into a fantasy novel. the emotional components of the trip are generally very comfortable for me, are generally very gentle. mushrooms are just nice to me in general, when they have something negative to say they do it softly, and they point out the silver lining.

also acid is very hard on my body, producing bizarre and painful sensations, while mushrooms make my body feel very relaxed and liquidy.

That's identical to the relationship I have with both of them.

--------------------

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: wildchild68]
    #8340576 - 04/29/08 03:10 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wildchild68 said:
Quote:

truekimbo2 said:

That's identical to the relationship I have with both of them.

the pain your talking about is probably not the cleaniest acid ever. if you eat clean stuff and stay probably hydrated, you can come out the next day feeling just fine, and maybe even better if you figure some stuff out of it.

Invisiblemanyc
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

Loc: Axis Mundi
    #8340646 - 04/29/08 03:34 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I've been eating 10-40 (wet) grams once a week on average for the past couple of months. I've been preparing myself for a heroic dose of 70 wet grams. Most people I've told about this warn me of just how much 70 wet grams will be, and that I might get sick. I'm not worried about it. I'm pretty close to having completely mastered the gag reflex I, and many people, naturally have with mushrooms. My use is for spiritual, artistic, and primarily musical evolution.

I've wondered what kind of existence it would be if one were to survive for a few weeks on nothing but a large quantity of rationed mushrooms

--------------------

Hemp could Save the World.

"There is no flag that is large enough, to hide the shame of a man in cuffs." -Serj Tankian

:mushroomgrow:Know Thyself.:mushroomgrow:

"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terence Mckenna

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

#8340662 - 04/29/08 03:43 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

well i mean some of the pain is like "oh, that color orange is burning my eyes, now its melting my bones." "the sugar in this orange juice feels like knives stabbing my tounge" "the grin that person just gave me made my hip contract so painfully i can't stand right now"

generally speaking, on acid i've gotten alot of stabbing pains that appear to be in response to random normal stimuli, and then there are alot of non-localized pains that also appear to be in response to random normal stimuli.
especially certain types of light would just make my brain hurt and feel bad. for some reason i have often gotten the impression that bleach had been poured into my brain, and that somehow my brain had pain receptors to register this for me.

--------------------

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

#8340672 - 04/29/08 03:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

To add something to this thread before work I'd say:

Psychedelics will indeed turn you into an alien in some ways compared to average, Americana+MTV fused person. A whole subset of experiences that has no satisfying direct comparison to anything else; So compared to the non-tripper you are alien because of the accumulation of a foreign way of thinking; for some a foriegn way of life.

You can hide it though. Remain silent that these worlds exist in the face of normality. Their normalities a realm you conciously chose to leave and may never come back to.

To be more serious though something I think would help if a frequent psychedelic user:

Don't take everything about the experience TOO seriously; You are tripping often, so there might/may be some mental junk, however you are also getting more to work with in some ways compared to the casual, once a month tripper. Afterall, it is just a chemical altering the way your neurochemicals transmit information.

Right?

edited:spelling

--------------------

Edited by Apollyphelion (04/29/08 04:07 PM)

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

#8341805 - 04/29/08 02:05 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Apollyphelion said:You can hide it though. Remain silent that these worlds exist in the face of normality. Their normalities a realm you conciously chose to leave and may never come bback to.

why would you want to hide it?? i talk to my friends about psychedelics all the time. i have intrigued a few to at least give it a try once and several are starting to become psychonauts because they have found something that have never had before. i really think if tripping was exposed to the masses and saw that it isn't just seeing pink flying elephants and a constant giggle, they would take it way more serious and probably have way more interest.

InvisibleVoido
Retired
Male

#8341839 - 04/29/08 02:13 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Apollyphelion said:
Who here is a frequent user of psychedelics? We might say Shroomhead or Acidhead to give it some sort of negative connotation, especially when looked at from the standpoint of a non-drug user. Eitherway you look at it, I trip often, a lot of other people do, and why do we do it? I think tripping often is a complex subject, and what drugs people choose to use often usually says more about the drug than the person.

In all honesty, I wouldn't do Shrooms just about everyweek, like I do LSD. Shrooms are just way too weird, introspective and emotional, unpredictable and make me feel crazy. All things I like, however the trip is always so pertinent, I only feel the need (there is no need I guess?) to USE mushrooms every so often. Way too "significant" You get shit done with the mushroom. I also feel I am familiar enough with the shroom to know what it will do to me, more or less of course; The figuring that some of the trip might be at least random algorhythmical based crosswirings of associations always will lead to new journeys.

Salvia I feel the need to do it even less than mushrooms. Like once every few months. The personal purpose it way more out of focus than it is compared to mushrooms. I mean, to me, mushrooms have a clear and obvious point (peak), while Salvia is like a dirty window to me. OR it is like a giant mixing board: I have an idea of how they relate, however not a clue as to what all those buttons and knobs do. I can talk about shtuff I don't know about all day, so that is always fun.

LSD though, my favorite Psychedelic Tool I have used by far, I use quite often. I have what this shit is doing to me down to a science, nigga. Almost total awareness of how it affects me, although not that pretentious;-) It is always talked about how LSD produces a "clean, clear-headed, open cognitive experience" to be general/generic. I must agree with the generalities; especially on low-doses I always feel the ability to easily socially interact, remain pretty much ego-static. It is almost like seratonin with a kick at small doses.

I don't care to elaborate how I use it but what I use it for is basically: Music, Art, and Humour pretty much, and a few other "mental practices" that usually take a backseat when put up against the previous endeavors. Weed the same. Now if you read this far, I may have romanticized the frequent use of psychedelics a bit too much: Yay! I do all this fun stuff high everyweek! Awesome for me! I'm going to keep sucking my own dick!;-)

However, as with most journies and jobs, there are dangers. I think in the world of psychedelics the dangers are more related to mentation and the how you label the intergrated experiences of tripping. There also comes the social stigma, amongst fellow trippers even "Why do you feel the need to trip so often?!", and from peers and family if they happen to take notice.

I know when I need to take a break. The drug LETS you know is one way I've heard it decribed before, and I think this to be true. It is similar to the feeling you get when you see some nasty food, and you can sympathize with it, but won't bring yourself to eat it. A vacation from the drug (we're still BEST friends man, just need a break from you!) Also, other signs inculded for me: Weed makes ya trip more, you feel like your tripping on the day you would normally trip, or you get the feeling like "it's going to be another day at the office" Signs that tell me, your sword isn't broken, but it will be if you don't sharpen or temper it again.

The social stigma also sucks. as said prior, sometimes people who Trip themselves will deem it unneccesary if they are people who space out their trips. Of course your trips will be more intense! I'm not going for intense though! I'm going in to do a specific thing using a spefic chemical! I know what I want to do with it, okay? I think it is more important to repsect yourself and others than it is to repsect the chemical. Or in other words to repect the chemical means an attempt to be fully aware of the consenquences while using it;

I felt like writing about frequent dosing, as I never read about it often, thus ful-fulling the self-prophecy of releieving my boredom. Also, I would like to hear (as always) other people's opinions on high-dosing, and if it relates to the tool like aspects of the drug, possibly.:sun:

I have :peace: names!

EDITED: Spelling mistakes, nothing serious.

i know frequent shroom use with me made me have bad anxiety for quite some time

--------------------
- V

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

#8342221 - 04/29/08 04:14 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

smokeybear said:
Quote:

Apollyphelion said:You can hide it though. Remain silent that these worlds exist in the face of normality. Their normalities a realm you conciously chose to leave and may never come bback to.

why would you want to hide it?? i talk to my friends about psychedelics all the time. i have intrigued a few to at least give it a try once and several are starting to become psychonauts because they have found something that have never had before. i really think if tripping was exposed to the masses and saw that it isn't just seeing pink flying elephants and a constant giggle, they would take it way more serious and probably have way more interest.

To better explain my morning ramble, I was merely saying in the face of some close-minded people, the whole idea of psychedelics and their very nature is one of the lasts things they want to hear about. I've met a few people like this.

I've also encountered people who would never try it, but have an open mind and appreciation for it.

When dealing with stubborn people, there might be a side of you they will never relate to.

I tend not to worry about it though.

--------------------

OfflineNineStorms
The Dragon
Male

Loc: Existing between Heaven a...
    #8342346 - 04/29/08 05:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I've been on a growing path towards frequent psychadelic use, but can in no way say I'm as experienced as some people here. That doesn't precisely make me lesser (okay in a way it does, but I'm taking no guff!), but certainly newer. I used to smoke mary jane every night for about a year, which even when compared to my recent introduction to mushrooms and lsd are still vibrant and fantastic experiences, if very different. I got into Salvia just around the same time as I really began smoking weed, and have continued to do so, infrequently, into the present day.

I just recently had a "binge", after I'd procured a swaft of both shrooms and acid, with a big trip, medium trip or mini trip roughly every week, scattered judiciously. I've been slow in getting myself introduced to the market so to speak, and after finally getting a supply I felt like a man who had been starving but hadn't known what food was until that moment. Now I'm down to my reserves, and saving them for something important in the next week or two.

The main issue for me right now is getting a constant, reliable supply, that I feel comfortable with. Also have a few things in my life that I need to either smooth over, or at least confront and deal with. After that's finished, I think I'll be returning to a semi-regular schedule of tripping... that mainly depends on what I feel. Even while I was on that binge, I rarely if ever took the drug because I felt like I wanted to: I did it because I felt like I needed to. I haven't felt like that recently, and I try to listen to myself. I think it's because I know I have issues I need to get resolved before I make the next step. Once I do, I'll get back into the swing of things: exploring the psychadelic realm is very gratifying for me, and helps me grow a lot, sometimes in ways I'm a little fearful of, but never regretful of. Frequent psychadelic use for me means seeing new ways in which the world may fit together, getting new answers, and finding new questions to ask. It's also a method of healing certain aspects of myself and my body, as well as strengthening it.

Approaching the whole affair shamanistically, even though in a very rough and tumble, instinctual way, has been rewarding so far. Thus I intend to pursue that route.

OfflineThe Joker
Starchild
Male

Loc: South Carolina
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: pothead_bob]
    #8342744 - 04/29/08 06:57 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hey,

I am glad that I am not the only one that uses the mushroom maybe a bit more often. I am still in the exploration phase of the mushroom, although I had the big luck to get initiated by a Shaman in the Amazon about two month ago with seven Ayahuasca ceremonies.
Since Ayahuyasca is more difficult to get here in the US, I have started to work with the mushroom. My first trip was with 2,2 g dry about 4 weeks ago and last week I did 3,5.
For my body it feels absolutely ok to trip about every 8 - 10 days.
Thats about three times a month, well - am I already considered as frequent user in you opinion ????
I would like to know what kind of "standard" or "baseline" you use to determine what frequent means.
Anyways, I had incredible interesting experiences so far, and I am really curious to explore more and see how deep the rabbit whole goes.

Also I see myself on a kind of shamanic journey, so I personally don't see this as a drug. I want to explore the other side, this closed eye visions and spirits .... so I need to keep pushing this way.
My next trips will have increased dosages and I will consider MAO inhibitors as well to get close to a intense DMT experience as described in Rick Strassmanns book DMT, The spirit molecule.

Do you think I should feel bad about it, do you think this way I abuse the mushroom experience ???

I don't think so, but I would be curious to get your opinion on this..

--------------------
following the white rabbit...

InvisibleVoido
Retired
Male

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: The Joker]
    #8342767 - 04/29/08 07:04 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The Joker said:
Hey,

I am glad that I am not the only one that uses the mushroom maybe a bit more often. I am still in the exploration phase of the mushroom, although I had the big luck to get initiated by a Shaman in the Amazon about two month ago with seven Ayahuasca ceremonies.
Since Ayahuyasca is more difficult to get here in the US, I have started to work with the mushroom. My first trip was with 2,2 g dry about 4 weeks ago and last week I did 3,5.
For my body it feels absolutely ok to trip about every 8 - 10 days.
Thats about three times a month, well - am I already considered as frequent user in you opinion ????
I would like to know what kind of "standard" or "baseline" you use to determine what frequent means.
Anyways, I had incredible interesting experiences so far, and I am really curious to explore more and see how deep the rabbit whole goes.

Also I see myself on a kind of shamanic journey, so I personally don't see this as a drug. I want to explore the other side, this closed eye visions and spirits .... so I need to keep pushing this way.
My next trips will have increased dosages and I will consider MAO inhibitors as well to get close to a intense DMT experience as described in Rick Strassmanns book DMT, The spirit molecule.

Do you think I should feel bad about it, do you think this way I abuse the mushroom experience ???

I don't think so, but I would be curious to get your opinion on this..

i used to shroom heavy doses every 5 or so days, like over a quarter a time, you get into a very abstract state of mind, and when society and life here infringes on you, you don't really know how to deal with that kind of stress, in our society, with our responsibilities, its not good to be out in that frame of mind. IMO

--------------------
- V

Edited by Voido (04/29/08 07:04 PM)

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #8342981 - 04/29/08 08:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Last time i tripped was in the fall on shrooms. Sometimes I get into tripping on all sorts of stuff more frequently but usually i wait a bit. im planning to trip real soon though. especially with summer coming and the weather changing itll be great being outside tripping.

asas far as frequent tripping goes and my opinion is that whatever works for you is cool. whatever works for any person is fine. so i think if you trip more frequently than most and whoever else does its fine as long as youre ok with what youre doing.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineLSDaytripper
Believer
Male

Loc: Ohio
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: yageman]
    #8343157 - 04/29/08 08:49 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
A good chunk of my past, (2-3 years of serious but somewhat fequent psychedlic use and some use before and after that chunk of time) has added much spice to every thing I do.
Some things less so and some things more so.

Things it has chaneged the most:
Every thing musical/artistic
everything emotional
everything spiritual
everything lingual
everything loving
everything I care about...........actually

Most of the shit I care about fits into those categories.

Frequent use can do any number of things.
Im was never the typical party animal who cant help but to take some random psychedelic every week.

It was a 1/4th life of purity and insane things.
I cant imagine my life any different.
The frequent use for a few years were possibly the most mind shattering years I will ever experience.

To think I was able to see my own verion of relavent psychedelic mind space is kind of important to me.

What else can I say?

Oh........I know!
This shit can drive you into alien territories that you may or may not want to experience or have to deal with after the fact.

Your brain is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much smarter than you.

Im all for frequent use when such use is taken atleast somewhat seriously.

Keep yourself, and dont loose other things that are almost just as important.

Loosing your damn mind as you know it is pretty cool for any experienced psychonaut that can deal with it and doesnt become enveloped by just getting stoned, or those who actually think they can take the heat of something way far beyond their own simple ass.

Frequent psychedilic use?
It tends to get serious, and I think that is supposed to happen unless you are just short of brain dead.
Take 1000 mics of lsd once a week for 3 weeks.
Does it get better or less interesting?
Depends on the person really.
For me and my like-minded friend, it just becomes "different" and much more complex but paradoxically maybe a bit less complex visually

What is the weirdest thing frequent use has done to my mind?
It made me an alien.
I have not used psychedelics in 2.5 years and I cant say I am any less alien than right after my last trip.

These drugs can teach you really strange things.
These very real things tend to add upon the last strange set of things if you know what I mean..............

Good luck all.
There is no telling how you may interpret the ups and downs of what might be considered "frequent use".

Yageman, I have to say you are probably (In my opinion) the most interesting poster on this forum. Every post you make, I have to read in full. You remind me of something, someone, but I can't place who. It feels like someone I know well, but I'm not sure. Your describing yourself as an "alien" is very strange, because whenever I read your posts, I always think of you as somewhat alien. Perhaps the person you remind me of is myself while on psychedelics, I don't know.

I don't know why I felt the need to post that, but I've always wanted to say that to you. So there you go. Take it any way you like.

--------------------
***** (10:42:46 PM): This is so strange
***** (10:42:53 PM): Becuase I feel that I am very altered
***** (10:42:57 PM): But at the same exact time
***** (10:43:28 PM): I am closer to the real me, the real me who decides who I am, the entire me

OfflineBonzaisushi
Stranger
    #8349251 - 05/01/08 01:40 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hey guys im fairly new to this site, but wanted to throw my 2 cents in here.

Id say since mid January i have been a solid tripper every other day... give or take a few days, mid January i picked up a sheet of some pretty good LSD the guys said it was (k-swiss) but that never meant much to me... it only took me a month to go through that. I had one VERY powerful intense trip middle of feb i took about 12-14 hits of lsd and was laid out for a good day and still feeling spun a few days after. After that like someone said its as if your life gains massive amounts of momentum.

Things have improved so much for me, my appreciation for everything!

Since then i have been shrooming sometimes 3 days in a row with a few day breaks, on a bout a 1/8 of shrooms a night, luckly i have a good friend who has nice resources when it comes to these guys.

Just last night i had the best shrooming experience of my life and i cant wait to write up a trip report on it...

so i guess i was saying ive tripped probably a good 50-70 times within the past 3 months.

i always feel slightly different but i love the feeling, the deep thought my extreme passion for life now... its a beautiful thing!

cheers!

oh and on that note i plan on tripping again friday on a 1/4 assmebling a kite and going to the park laying in the grass and watching the kite fly at sunset.

OfflineThe Joker
Starchild
Male

Loc: South Carolina
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Bonzaisushi]
    #8349852 - 05/01/08 03:48 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hi,

Wow really impressive, you can really classify yourself a frequent user!
Interesting, obviously you don't build up much of a tolerance, -me neither.

I am not pushing the pedal to the metal yet, but its great to know that there are some people out there, that really blast through that Stargate...
I like that, now I don't have to feel bad any more to take shrooms every other weekend....
One question, how big of a dose do you take in you frequent shroom trips ?? Do you use them fresh or dried, how much grams on average ?

--------------------
following the white rabbit...

OfflinePsynsns
Stranger

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: The Joker]
    #8350073 - 05/01/08 04:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I ate morning glory twice a day for nine months, along with weed smoking. It changed everything! I feel that it truly wiped the mental conditioning slate clean, and allowed me to start over. Due to insanely frequent dosing, the old ways that always come back after one trip never had the chance to regroup.

One night, nine months into it, the message was crystal clear that it was time to stop, and I did. In fact, I went sober (just coffee) for two years.

Before this period, I was between average and depressed all the time. Now, I'm usually the happiest guy in the room, to the point that I find myself pulling it back so as not to annoy others.

To me, the after effects of the nine month trip are stronger than the acute effects were. It opened me to learning from life itself, without much prejudgment, and made life 10000% more interesting and fulfilling. It also gave me an iron stomach, pretty much puke proof.

Frequent psychedelics are not for all, but some of us need to in order to clear things up and just to know what happens. I would never want to trip that often again, but I would never erase that part of my life, either.

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

#8350425 - 05/01/08 06:44 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I think Psychedelics stimulate creativity, which in turn can stimulate the potential for considering even more than what one is accustomed to.

It can kind of give you the reasoning skills to turn twice as many lemons into lemonade when life hands you them; it also allows you to consider that extreme sour flavours can be interesting and fulfilling.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies