Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblefushock
 User Gallery
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #8073558 - 02/26/08 07:26 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I was a frequent user. Every weekend for like three or four months. I just stopped one weekend(a couple weeks after a bad trip) and haven't tripped again in almost two months.

Believe me, you can take it too far. And almost as bad, you can cheapen the experience. And when blowing your mind gets old, there isn't really anything you can do that seems worth while...

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #8073586 - 02/26/08 07:33 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Apollyphelion said:
I have what this shit is doing to me down to a science, nigga.

:sunny:

--------------------

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: the free thinker]
    #8073608 - 02/26/08 07:40 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Fo' real, who knows what I'm sayin', playas??

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

OfflineSeraph in Blue
Stranger

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: fushock]
    #8073637 - 02/26/08 07:45 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

fushock said:
I was a frequent user. Every weekend for like three or four months. I just stopped one weekend(a couple weeks after a bad trip) and haven't tripped again in almost two months.

Believe me, you can take it too far. And almost as bad, you can cheapen the experience. And when blowing your mind gets old, there isn't really anything you can do that seems worth while...

Do you have a trip report of said revolutionary bad trip? If not, can you relay some details of the event? I still don't know what a bad trip is and I feel as though the more I trip, the further I get from experiencing one, but just to avoid it, I'd lke to know what set yours off.

What did you take? How much? Set, setting? What made it a bad trip for you?

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Seraph in Blue]
    #8073788 - 02/26/08 08:14 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I think a bad trip is many things.

The "bad trips" i have experienced, were me not dealing with certain issues, or issues that I never even noticed I had.

They are quite... hardcore at the time, but if you actually open your mind to what's trying to be put across, you realise your fighting yourself.

During my first mushroom trip, I lay upstairs on the floor of this run down cottage me and a friend were staying at, while he was pottering around having a great time downstairs, I was upstairs, scared shitless trying to figure out what was wrong.

I saw what society portays as jesus' face, form from the rough stone of the walls, then morph into the face of the devil. I felt scared, and had a very strong sense of impending doom. I had no control of my emotions or thoughts.

My realisation was that I was scared of "hell" or that there may be a hell, and I may go there when I die, and then i realised... jesus & satan, are a creation of society, to scare people into believing, then I realised that its all bullshit, there is no hell, so why was I scared?
The only evil you will come across is those of your fellow humans, and yourself. We are the wrong doers.

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

Invisiblefushock
 User Gallery
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Seraph in Blue]
    #8073791 - 02/26/08 08:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know if it was a bad trip or not. When I read people's accounts of bad trips, they usually talk about seeing blood and scary stuff. Mine seemed like it was all internal. I didn't see anything extremely scary. I just felt extreme fear and dread, unlike anything I have ever experienced. I think a pot of coffee and an unexpectedly high dose set me off.

I don't want to say what it was as I am a little paranoid, but I think its easy to guess as it is a very commonly used natural psychedelic. And I didn't measure the dosage. But I took a dosage about twice the size of what I consider a medium-small dose.

I have a trip report, but I feel like every time I mention my bad trip I do a dis serves to the community and help propagate a bad image of these mystifying things. I can tell you that my best experiences, which were far more common, far out way my worst experiences. And that even though it made me a little strange for a couple of weeks afterworlds, I think it was something I needed and deserved. And I am better for it.

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8073863 - 02/26/08 08:31 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I can take small 2 gram doses of mushrooms about once every two weeks large 5 + trips about once a year. I used to smoke salvia everyday, until it was outlawed. Ayahausca is great about once every 6 months, I cant wait to try and freebase DMT.

I would take LSD all the time if I had it and mescaline as well if it werent such a pian in the ass to make.

And its not about having fun or getting a fix my creativity is boosted and I believe i think more clearly on lower doses of Psychedelics than I do sober.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #8073944 - 02/26/08 08:46 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I do trip frequently and have experienced at length with both LSD and shrooms at separate times of my life, tripping 1-2 times a week for extended periods of time. I found it much "easier" to trip frequently on LSD, as long as I gave myself a recovery day. I found the more LSD I ate, the higher I went and the happier I was, the more momentum my life gained. LSD (more then shrooms) seems like such a precise mental tool that it can be used comfortably on a regular basis.

Shrooms are too dissolving for me to use them more then once or twice a month. They take me down and flush me out. I just recently finished a crazy mad-tripping spree with shrooms as an experiment that lasted a few months and I definitely feel FLUSHED. I am waiting until I feel the call before I cleanse myself with shrooms again.

If I had lots of LSD, I'd definitely be a weekly, bi-weekly tripper once more.

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: MOTH]
    #8073959 - 02/26/08 08:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

My shroom cleansing is coming soon!:heart:

I think anything over an eighth of mushrooms is hardcore to the max.

--------------------

Offlinepothead_bob
Resident Pothead
Male

Loc: Your computer screen
    #8339191 - 04/28/08 10:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I just tried shrooms for the first time a short while ago, but I'm finding that I want to do them frequently (like weekly or bi-weekly). I keep hearing people say that monthly is even too much. I try not to give into the temptation to do them because I don't want to abuse them. From books I read and from my own experiences, they really seem like a drug that deserves respect and not to be abused for cheap thrills. Lower doses can be a lot of fun, though. You get the body high and mild psychedelic effects without the deep introspection and melting into the universe - kind of like a good sativa high, but better.

I'm going to a club with friends this week and think I will end up taking a small dose (1-1.5 grams) before going because of how fun they make social interactions at low doses. I guess I'll just see how things pan out - perhaps the mushrooms will let me know if I'm doing them too much. I read about HPPD, though, and that kind of freaks me out. Too bad not more research is done on psychedelic drugs; I guess the sixties were too short lived.

--------------------
No knowledge can be certain, if it is not based
upon mathematics or upon some other knowledge
which is itself based upon the mathematical
sciences.
  -Leonardo da Vinci (1425-1519)

Speak well of your enemies.  After all, you made them.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: pothead_bob]
    #8339428 - 04/28/08 11:03 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i really want to know why some people react to acid like it was a hardcore difficult psychedelic, and why some people react to shrooms like it is a hardcore psychdelic.

i think i mentioned to you apolly that acid totally messes me up for a long time at any reasonable dose. all of my reasonable dose trips on acid were incredibly psycho-analytical, they felt like god was grabbing my eyes and forcing them to the microscope, holding my ears and forcing me to learn.
its always taken me a long time to integrate my acid trips.

mushrooms trips on the other hand for me are totally different, they're like being dropped into a fantasy novel. the emotional components of the trip are generally very comfortable for me, are generally very gentle. mushrooms are just nice to me in general, when they have something negative to say they do it softly, and they point out the silver lining.
acid for me has no care towards how i feel, it has a job to do and it does it

also acid is very hard on my body, producing bizarre and painful sensations, while mushrooms make my body feel very relaxed and liquidy.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: truekimbo2]
    #8339503 - 04/28/08 11:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

oh yeah, so there have been times in my life where i've done shrooms 1-2 times a week for a month or two and its only brought me joy (and a little loosening of the mind)

i can imagine if i did it for 6 months straight i might become a little too soft around the edges.

--------------------

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
    #8339554 - 04/28/08 11:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i had no idea that floaters where a part of HPPD, it looks like i have HPPD, but its not bad, i mean, i get tracers, have floaters (2-3, not a lot though) halos around lights, basically everything that adds up to be it. honestly, its really only noticeable when i am high. the floaters come around in certain light situations (mostly outside in the sunlight) and halos are around street lights (partially to bad vision, even though i wear glasses all the time) and its never too much to be completely taken over with.

Invisiblefushock
 User Gallery
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: smokeybear]
    #8339658 - 04/28/08 11:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Floaters are not signs of HPPD. Most people have floaters. The D in HPPD stands for Disorder. Even if you see new things after ingesting large amounts of psychedelics over a long period of time, I wouldn't consider it a disorder unless its effecting your life in a negative way.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: fushock]
    #8340144 - 04/29/08 01:25 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

A good chunk of my past, (2-3 years of serious but somewhat fequent psychedlic use and some use before and after that chunk of time) has added much spice to every thing I do.
Some things less so and some things more so.

Things it has chaneged the most:
Every thing musical/artistic
everything emotional
everything spiritual
everything lingual
everything loving
everything I care about...........actually

Most of the shit I care about fits into those categories.

Frequent use can do any number of things.
Im was never the typical party animal who cant help but to take some random psychedelic every week.

It was a 1/4th life of purity and insane things.
I cant imagine my life any different.
The frequent use for a few years were possibly the most mind shattering years I will ever experience.

To think I was able to see my own verion of relavent psychedelic mind space is kind of important to me.

What else can I say?

Oh........I know!
This shit can drive you into alien territories that you may or may not want to experience or have to deal with after the fact.

Your brain is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much smarter than you.

Im all for frequent use when such use is taken atleast somewhat seriously.

Keep yourself, and dont loose other things that are almost just as important.

Loosing your damn mind as you know it is pretty cool for any experienced psychonaut that can deal with it and doesnt become enveloped by just getting stoned, or those who actually think they can take the heat of something way far beyond their own simple ass.

Frequent psychedilic use?
It tends to get serious, and I think that is supposed to happen unless you are just short of brain dead.
Take 1000 mics of lsd once a week for 3 weeks.
Does it get better or less interesting?
Depends on the person really.
For me and my like-minded friend, it just becomes "different" and much more complex but paradoxically maybe a bit less complex visually

What is the weirdest thing frequent use has done to my mind?
It made me an alien.
I have not used psychedelics in 2.5 years and I cant say I am any less alien than right after my last trip.

These drugs can teach you really strange things.
These very real things tend to add upon the last strange set of things if you know what I mean..............

Good luck all.
There is no telling how you may interpret the ups and downs of what might be considered "frequent use".

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (04/29/08 01:34 AM)

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

#8340158 - 04/29/08 01:26 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

truekimbo2 said:
i really want to know why some people react to acid like it was a hardcore difficult psychedelic, and why some people react to shrooms like it is a hardcore psychdelic.

i think i mentioned to you apolly that acid totally messes me up for a long time at any reasonable dose. all of my reasonable dose trips on acid were incredibly psycho-analytical, they felt like god was grabbing my eyes and forcing them to the microscope, holding my ears and forcing me to learn.

mushrooms trips on the other hand for me are totally different, they're like being dropped into a fantasy novel. the emotional components of the trip are generally very comfortable for me, are generally very gentle. mushrooms are just nice to me in general, when they have something negative to say they do it softly, and they point out the silver lining.

also acid is very hard on my body, producing bizarre and painful sensations, while mushrooms make my body feel very relaxed and liquidy.

That's identical to the relationship I have with both of them.

--------------------

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: wildchild68]
    #8340576 - 04/29/08 03:10 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wildchild68 said:
Quote:

truekimbo2 said:

That's identical to the relationship I have with both of them.

the pain your talking about is probably not the cleaniest acid ever. if you eat clean stuff and stay probably hydrated, you can come out the next day feeling just fine, and maybe even better if you figure some stuff out of it.

Invisiblemanyc
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

Loc: Axis Mundi
    #8340646 - 04/29/08 03:34 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've been eating 10-40 (wet) grams once a week on average for the past couple of months. I've been preparing myself for a heroic dose of 70 wet grams. Most people I've told about this warn me of just how much 70 wet grams will be, and that I might get sick. I'm not worried about it. I'm pretty close to having completely mastered the gag reflex I, and many people, naturally have with mushrooms. My use is for spiritual, artistic, and primarily musical evolution.

I've wondered what kind of existence it would be if one were to survive for a few weeks on nothing but a large quantity of rationed mushrooms

--------------------

Hemp could Save the World.

"There is no flag that is large enough, to hide the shame of a man in cuffs." -Serj Tankian

:mushroomgrow:Know Thyself.:mushroomgrow:

"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terence Mckenna

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: smokeybear]
    #8340662 - 04/29/08 03:43 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well i mean some of the pain is like "oh, that color orange is burning my eyes, now its melting my bones." "the sugar in this orange juice feels like knives stabbing my tounge" "the grin that person just gave me made my hip contract so painfully i can't stand right now"

generally speaking, on acid i've gotten alot of stabbing pains that appear to be in response to random normal stimuli, and then there are alot of non-localized pains that also appear to be in response to random normal stimuli.
especially certain types of light would just make my brain hurt and feel bad. for some reason i have often gotten the impression that bleach had been poured into my brain, and that somehow my brain had pain receptors to register this for me.

--------------------

InvisibleApollyphelion
Female User Gallery

#8340672 - 04/29/08 03:46 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

To add something to this thread before work I'd say:

Psychedelics will indeed turn you into an alien in some ways compared to average, Americana+MTV fused person. A whole subset of experiences that has no satisfying direct comparison to anything else; So compared to the non-tripper you are alien because of the accumulation of a foreign way of thinking; for some a foriegn way of life.

You can hide it though. Remain silent that these worlds exist in the face of normality. Their normalities a realm you conciously chose to leave and may never come back to.

To be more serious though something I think would help if a frequent psychedelic user:

Don't take everything about the experience TOO seriously; You are tripping often, so there might/may be some mental junk, however you are also getting more to work with in some ways compared to the casual, once a month tripper. Afterall, it is just a chemical altering the way your neurochemicals transmit information.

Right?

edited:spelling

--------------------

Edited by Apollyphelion (04/29/08 04:07 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale