Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Frequent Psychedelic Use
    #8071512 - 02/26/08 09:21 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Who here is a frequent user of psychedelics? We might say Shroomhead or Acidhead to give it some sort of negative connotation, especially when looked at from the standpoint of a non-drug user. Eitherway you look at it, I trip often, a lot of other people do, and why do we do it? I think tripping often is a complex subject, and what drugs people choose to use often usually says more about the drug than the person.

In all honesty, I wouldn't do Shrooms just about everyweek, like I do LSD. Shrooms are just way too weird, introspective and emotional, unpredictable and make me feel crazy. All things I like, however the trip is always so pertinent, I only feel the need (there is no need I guess?) to USE mushrooms every so often. Way too "significant" You get shit done with the mushroom. I also feel I am familiar enough with the shroom to know what it will do to me, more or less of course; The figuring that some of the trip might be at least random algorhythmical based crosswirings of associations always will lead to new journeys.

Salvia I feel the need to do it even less than mushrooms. Like once every few months. The personal purpose it way more out of focus than it is compared to mushrooms. I mean, to me, mushrooms have a clear and obvious point (peak), while Salvia is like a dirty window to me. OR it is like a giant mixing board: I have an idea of how they relate, however not a clue as to what all those buttons and knobs do. I can talk about shtuff I don't know about all day, so that is always fun.

LSD though, my favorite Psychedelic Tool I have used by far, I use quite often. I have what this shit is doing to me down to a science, nigga. Almost total awareness of how it affects me, although not that pretentious;-) It is always talked about how LSD produces a "clean, clear-headed, open cognitive experience" to be general/generic. I must agree with the generalities; especially on low-doses I always feel the ability to easily socially interact, remain pretty much ego-static. It is almost like seratonin with a kick at small doses.

I don't care to elaborate how I use it but what I use it for is basically: Music, Art, and Humour pretty much, and a few other "mental practices" that usually take a backseat when put up against the previous endeavors. Weed the same. Now if you read this far, I may have romanticized the frequent use of psychedelics a bit too much: Yay! I do all this fun stuff high everyweek! Awesome for me! I'm going to keep sucking my own dick!;-)

However, as with most journies and jobs, there are dangers. I think in the world of psychedelics the dangers are more related to mentation and the how you label the intergrated experiences of tripping. There also comes the social stigma, amongst fellow trippers even "Why do you feel the need to trip so often?!", and from peers and family if they happen to take notice.

I know when I need to take a break. The drug LETS you know is one way I've heard it decribed before, and I think this to be true. It is similar to the feeling you get when you see some nasty food, and you can sympathize with it, but won't bring yourself to eat it. A vacation from the drug (we're still BEST friends man, just need a break from you!) Also, other signs inculded for me: Weed makes ya trip more, you feel like your tripping on the day you would normally trip, or you get the feeling like "it's going to be another day at the office" Signs that tell me, your sword isn't broken, but it will be if you don't sharpen or temper it again.

The social stigma also sucks. as said prior, sometimes people who Trip themselves will deem it unneccesary if they are people who space out their trips. Of course your trips will be more intense! I'm not going for intense though! I'm going in to do a specific thing using a spefic chemical! I know what I want to do with it, okay? I think it is more important to repsect yourself and others than it is to repsect the chemical. Or in other words to repect the chemical means an attempt to be fully aware of the consenquences while using it;

I felt like writing about frequent dosing, as I never read about it often, thus ful-fulling the self-prophecy of releieving my boredom. Also, I would like to hear (as always) other people's opinions on high-dosing, and if it relates to the tool like aspects of the drug, possibly.:sun:

I have :peace: names!

EDITED: Spelling mistakes, nothing serious.

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Edited by Apollyphelion (02/26/08 07:59 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineSeraph in Blue
Stranger

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #8071541 - 02/26/08 10:02 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

As far as frequent use is concerned, I don't think it's a problem, whatever floats your boat, but why would you. I mean it's an experience, you effectively reduce the significance of an experience, especially a profound one if you overdo it. I know every trip brings something new and interesting to the table, but the altered mentality could get stale, especially with shrooms.

I like to idealy trip on shrooms once a month, and idealy with a small group of friends or just one buddy, usually outdoors at night, maybe timed to catch the sunrise or sunset (pure bliss). If I could find acid, I would use it weekly most likely, on weekends out at clubs, raves, festivals, concerts, etc. But it's been dry around here lately. I also like to space MDMA two months apart minimum.

I feel LSD is like a really good friend that likes to show me a good time and occasionally teach me a thing or two, so I can hang out with him more often. MDMA is like a "fuck-buddy" that's unbelieveably fun to tango with, but untimately is an unsatisfying and potentially dangerous relationship, so I try to keep away from her, but it's just pure hedonistic fun, so I always go back to her. And mushrooms, ah, a Mushroom, or should I say psilocybin/psilocin is like my mentor or wise teacher who I always learn something from, but sometimes as a mentor or "spirit guide" exhibits tough love and chastizes me or shows me the err of my ways when I do wrong. I equate it to an old chinese master who speaks in slow, poigniant metaphors and carries a big stick to beat you into submission with when you get out of line. In that sense, the mushrooms are more of a spiritual and self-exploratory tool to keep my priorities straight, and as such should be treated with respect and not abused.

I think as humans we find a way to abuse just about anything good, and I've always been one for moderation with everything, so I'm ok with shrooming in one month intervals or less, though recently I've broken that rule since I had such an amazing hunt a couple months ago. Done it about 5 times since :shrug::mushroom2::sun:

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Seraph in Blue]
    #8071554 - 02/26/08 10:13 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seraph in Blue said:

I feel LSD is like a really good friend that likes to show me a good time and occasionally teach me a thing or two, so I can hang out with him more often. MDMA is like a "fuck-buddy" that's unbelieveably fun to tango with, but untimately is an unsatisfying and potentially dangerous relationship, so I try to keep away from her, but it's just pure hedonistic fun, so I always go back to her. And mushrooms, ah, a Mushroom, or should I say psilocybin/psilocin is like my mentor or wise teacher who I always learn something from, but sometimes as a mentor or "spirit guide" exhibits tough love and chastizes me or shows me the err of my ways when I do wrong. I equate it to an old chinese master who speaks in slow, poigniant metaphors and carries a big stick to beat you into submission with when you get out of line. In that sense, the mushrooms are more of a spiritual and self-exploratory tool to keep my priorities straight, and as such should be treated with respect and not abused.

Thank you for the reply and that paragraph is very well articulated. I really loved the analogy for MDMA. Never having done it, I felt what you said.

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Loc: United Kingdom
    #8071555 - 02/26/08 10:14 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I trip about 15 times a year, LSD, Mushrooms & LSA last year. MDMA about 20+ so far.

LSD is as seraph said, like a good friend, im still figuring it out though, so can't say much about it.

Mushrooms, for me, are very powerful, and completely shift my reality.
I'm very philosophical the weeks/months after a trip, and can figure things out quite easily, I also seem to be much more calm and in tune with my life and my path.

Seems to give me.. a very strong control over my reality.
If you know "The Law of Attraction", i think magic mushrooms can really put you in tune for that.

And MDMA, no more magic for me so I tend not to use it much, every 3 months I'd say.
Would rather stick to low dose LSD instead of MDMA, but alas, LSD is harder to find.

Tripping is good fun, but also helps me in clearing my head, and just generally feeling very satisfied, and sometimes dissatisfied with life.

:shroomer:

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #8071574 - 02/26/08 10:25 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

guilty
but small doses.
with cid, you can know your dose and control it for a certain kind of fix.
it is a lighter fix than THC,
once a week to me seems ideal,
sometimes reality gets in the way and I have to skip.
when times are dry, salvia is a god send, and even between like every other day or more often, just a peek at the other side suffices.
is that like a fix too? well not like speed or coke or mda or horse, those are real fixers, but sick too.
sometimes emotional addiction to psychedelic teddy bears gets a hold. But it is not a rough hold. more like vitamine than something bad for you.
still not smoking ciggies after dropping it on a cid run 5 months ago.

OfflineSeraph in Blue
Stranger

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8071596 - 02/26/08 10:36 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
guilty
but small doses.
with cid, you can know your dose and control it for a certain kind of fix.
it is a lighter fix than THC,
once a week to me seems ideal,
sometimes reality gets in the way and I have to skip.
when times are dry, salvia is a god send, and even between like every other day or more often, just a peek at the other side suffices.
is that like a fix too? well not like speed or coke or mda or horse, those are real fixers, but sick too.
sometimes emotional addiction to psychedelic teddy bears gets a hold. But it is not a rough hold. more like vitamine than something bad for you.
still not smoking ciggies after dropping it on a cid run 5 months ago.

I too dropped smoking cigarettes after a VERY powerful experience with MDMA/MDA combo.

I used to smoke ALOT on ecstasy, but the MDA kicked in on this last one and I kind of realized that I was hurting myself, and for what? Nothing I wouldn't be far better off without, so I kicked the babit.

This is after LSD had helped me quit drinking. I drank every day for two years straight. Being single, depressed from the end of a very serious relationship, AND working as a bartender tends to have that alcoholic effect on people, but I give LSD credit for helping me along with qutting my habitual drinking too.

OfflineSeraph in Blue
Stranger

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: blacksun]
    #8071603 - 02/26/08 10:41 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

blacksun said:
I trip about 15 times a year, LSD, Mushrooms & LSA last year. MDMA about 20+ so far.

LSD is as seraph said, like a good friend, im still figuring it out though, so can't say much about it.

Mushrooms, for me, are very powerful, and completely shift my reality.
I'm very philosophical the weeks/months after a trip, and can figure things out quite easily, I also seem to be much more calm and in tune with my life and my path.

Seems to give me.. a very strong control over my reality.
If you know "The Law of Attraction", i think magic mushrooms can really put you in tune for that.

And MDMA, no more magic for me so I tend not to use it much, every 3 months I'd say.
Would rather stick to low dose LSD instead of MDMA, but alas, LSD is harder to find.

Tripping is good fun, but also helps me in clearing my head, and just generally feeling very satisfied, and sometimes dissatisfied with life.

:shroomer:

I too think I should begin to steer away from MDMA for fear that I may be losing some of the magic, which scares me to think that it may, just MAY be doing some neuronal damage, so I think I may stay away from it for a while just for safety's sake. One day I may indulge again, but I've had some great times with ecstasy and I have memories to last me a lifetime, so it's not hard for me to take a break.

Btw, thanks so much for the Av, it's badass. Very impressive!:cool: :cheers:

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

#8071671 - 02/26/08 11:07 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hehe, no problem :tongue2:

Yeah, after a heavy couple of months last year, weekend after weekend of MDMA, i got mild after effects.
Poor memory, both short term and long term, minor/mid level HPPD.

Thats all cleared up now, but still, no magic with MDMA.
Its just something to do with the person, not the actual drug.
Some people can take MDMA for 30+ years, and still roll as hard and as magically as the first time.

Just enjoy what you can from it, in moderation.
Every 3 months, and make sure to take your antioxidants/vitamins.

A good tip, if its getting a bit... not so magical, mix it with a bit of amphetamine/speed. Seems to help it along a bit.

I think its a good thing though, I've enjoyed the time I had with MDMA, and now i cant really take it cause Im always sick/vomit on the comeup.
So kinda pushed me away, so now i like to have a bit of LSD, which is safer anywho, and much more interesting :lsd:

--------------------
uarewotueat - "Libs are messy as hell, I don't know whether to take a shit or get a haircut when I'm on them!"

Invisiblecivil twilight
Male
Loc: Wisconsin
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use *DELETED* [Re: blacksun]
    #8071970 - 02/26/08 12:47 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by civil twilight

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------
"You dropped your pocket..."

OfflinePhish20
Fantasticallyspun phan

Loc: Gamehenge Time Factory
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: civil twilight]
    #8072100 - 02/26/08 01:17 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I went through a phase of tripping Mushrooms every other weekend for almost a year...Then almost naturally, I slowed down to tripping several times a year, without consciously changing my habbits. Now I trip once every 2-3 months and am tripping on LSD alot more than mushrooms these days.

It has been about 2 years and I have no negative side effects besides an open mind and amazing memories.

Offlineblacksun
 User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Phish20]
    #8072263 - 02/26/08 02:00 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I have only tripped once this year so far.

Hoping to have a proper acid trip sometime in the next few months.

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: blacksun]
    #8072344 - 02/26/08 02:29 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

hmm my favorite trip is the energy trip. At people constantly think im on all this stuff when im not even on anything at that moment while they are on a ton of stuff. Vibes will take you places drugs cant ever touch.
BTW neat avatar black sun i think the tea circle partly agrees with you on that, but you cant say never, theres a time and place.

any who i trip on vibes and energy pretty much everyday and on just drugs never but the combo of drugs and vibes is very hard to say but i would assume it goes along with mc kenna's novelty graph. Its in resonances with the entirety of my universe.
btw the way you talk about needing a break i love unlocking that in people so that they take a hit of pot to and trip balls. i love it. When your in balance and harmony with feeling others vibes you should only need a drop of blood to taste to whole communities. yes its a metaphor

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: thedudenj]
    #8072356 - 02/26/08 02:34 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

or maybe its all that coca wine ? lol

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: today mylove]
    #8072366 - 02/26/08 02:38 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

well everyone knows that, uses energy work and has had the coca wine thats all about vibes. and is extremly psychedelic and can very well make you trip on anything, hippie people were quick to call it tea rather then wine or coca

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineFeanor
Crafter of the Silmarils
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: today mylove]
    #8072401 - 02/26/08 02:50 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I do take psychedelics quite often. As a matter of fact, I tend to take them really often. Sometimes, I get the feeling that I need to just go and fully submerge myself in the psychedelic ocean. Take for instance, this weekened, I went ahead and had a full-on psychedelic adventure. On Friday, I took some MDMA and LSA. On Saturday, I smoked a whole lot of Hashish. Marijuana, for me, is ridiculously psychedelic. Then, come Sunday, I vaporized DMT twice; the second time resulted in a breakthrough. I will give psychedelics a break every once in a while. Instead of listening to my body, I tend to give ears towards my soul; when it tells me the time has come for a little break, I take a vacation. However, it usually doesn't last longer than around 2-3 weeks. Simply put, I love the permanent effects of frequent psychedelic use; I love perceiving everything psychedelically, and I love wondering what everything would be like had I not have taken all of these psychedelics! I like to make life interesting.

By the way, good thread! :thumbup:

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

Offlinepublicenemy1
Dr. Funkenstein
Male

Loc: Cumberland Mine Flag
    #8072449 - 02/26/08 03:03 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seraph in Blue said:
I feel LSD is like a really good friend that likes to show me a good time and occasionally teach me a thing or two, so I can hang out with him more often.

I feel the same exact way with LSD. I said to a friend of mine recently, LSD is like seeing a really good friend you haven't seen in a long time and you're both looking to have a blast whether it be a more philosophical trip or good time with the guys or whatever your cup of tea is at that moment. Besides weed being my most used drug i would say that LSD comes in a close second. Mushies... i also don't feel the need to do especially if i have LSD on hand but i can't say they aren't fun so i do indulge from time to time. MDMA i have only used a few times because i find the comedown/day after/body effects too negative to actually pick up as a drug i would use like LSD. I would like to do a combination with MDMA, LSD and some weed and perhaps some nitrous for a grand ole time but Ill think about that when the time comes.

To the OP - I understand what you mean when you say the drugs will let you know when to break and I also understand that you use your drugs for certain reasons which you have mastered but moderation is the key with everything. The drug (LSD - which i have a vey strong, respectful, and understanding relationship with) will let you know when you need to stop but I don't think it's necessarily for your benefit to be tripping as often as yo do for you will start to see some diminishing effects during the trip and some "weirs and quirky" after effects. IMO moderation is key. Drugs can be a very powerful tool and in order to respect that you must respect yourself first. There have been times where have psychedelic binged for a couple weeks but those days are gone as you learn to move on and flow with whatever comes your way, you live and you learn. I like using them really often for a weekend or festival but no longer than that now as I have submerged myself in a psychedelic/yogi/educational state of mind. Now I plan on using them only when I feel the need to further myself or if a friend wants a tripping companion. Once you know the psychedelic experience it is quite easy to transcend it into your every day world. I feel the effects of tripping every day and I love it like that. There's so much i could write about using psychedelics as tools and the who, what, where, when, why, and how but i'll stop here as i feel my point has gotten across substantially, but let me know if you actually want me to expand or keep rambling on my thoughts. Peace

--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Edited by publicenemy1 (02/26/08 03:07 PM)

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: publicenemy1]
    #8072625 - 02/26/08 03:44 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I feel pretty comfortable taking a low to medium acid trip every couple weeks, or maybe something like 2c-b, but heavy doses of acid and mushrooms and cactus seem to demand more respect. Anything that gets really psychologically or emotionally intense I just wouldn't want to do very often. Lower doses of acid can be cool for the whole aesthetic thing and they can be alot of fun, but very high doses can be completely life altering and you just can't have them all that often. MDMA is also in this category because a good roll is such a profound emotional experience it feels like enough for a long time (plus that whole seratonin thing).

Usually you do get the message to stop, and depending on the substance it can be harsh or gentle. If I'm doing acid more than I should be I just don't learn that much and it feels like I have to try too hard to trip because prior experiences and expectations get in the way. It's harder to get around the ego because it's like I'm getting a psychological tolerance.

The time I did mushrooms two weeks apart they totally fucked with my head and said "We don't have anything left to give, what are you doing here?!" That was a very confusing trip and it seemed like I encountered the negative side, or the doubt to all the positive things I had encountered earlier.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #8073043 - 02/26/08 05:17 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i am an everyday grass smoker, but psychedelics are (for me) are not really a every weekend kind of thing, probably because im still very new to this world. i haven't tripped since probably Sept.-Oct. 07 and will be tripping some very good doses this up coming weekend (man im fucking stoked ha ha) but i kind of like it that way. i have only been in the world of psychedelics for 3 years, and 1 year of that was an absolute refusal to do them. i don't see anything wrong with tripping on a weekly bases, but its probably not for everyone.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: smokeybear]
    #8073252 - 02/26/08 06:22 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

When I have easy access to acid I take it around every weekend or two.

I kind of like frequent tripping; it lets me return to the mindset of the last trip to reexamine some of the things I thought about and develop them further. This has its own advantages, though it's always good to take a break and freshen things up a bit.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinelemonjello
√Čtranger

Re: Frequent Psychedelic Use [Re: Feanor]
    #8073464 - 02/26/08 07:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Feanor said:

By the way, good thread! :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies