Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleTaharka
The Root of the Problem
Folding@home Statistics
Trapped in a lucid dream.
    #8060425 - 02/23/08 01:22 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I have alot of work to do today. But at 10:30 or so, I found myself tired. I layed down and started watching some T.V. Next thing I know, I was asleep and dreaming. The dream became a lucid one when I realized I was dreaming: I was in a completely different state in the dream, and didn't know how I got there. But in my new state of lucidity I also realized that I had an assload of work to do and that I shouldn't be sleeping. And yet I couldn't wake up. After a bit longer in the dream, I forgot that I was supposed to be awake, and probably moved on to other dreams as I shifted through the states in the sleep cycle.

But I ended up sleeping for four hours! I thought one could normally wake from a lucid dream. At that moment when I realized I was really dreaming, it was panic like in a bad trip. Anyone ever been trapped in a dream?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Trapped in a lucid dream. [Re: Taharka]
    #8060436 - 02/23/08 01:24 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I've had half-awake, half-asleep experiences where I'm paralyzed and am unable to wake myself up for a few minutes. It takes mustering up every little bit of strength I have to move.

Next time this happens to me though, I am determined not to fight it and see where I go.

--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:

:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#8060551 - 02/23/08 01:56 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah man, that happens to me sometimes.  You cant fight it like you would fight something physically.  You have to will yourself awake.  Try 'lifting' yourself out of the dream.  Lucid dreams for me go two ways- if I don't want to wake up, normally I will, and if I try desperately to wake out of them, the harder I'm stuck down in them.

And boxcarguy, it sounds like you're describing sleep paralysis.  Thats happened to me before- the more you try to fight physically, and thrash around or scream, the more you will feel constricted, and weighted down.  If you surrender to it, and calm yourself, you should either 1)drift off into nothingness 2) wake out of it or 3) project out of your body and enter the astral plane :smile:

--------------------
My name is Mud

Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Trapped in a lucid dream. [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8060564 - 02/23/08 02:00 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Number three is what I'm hoping for!!! :grin:

--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:

:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

InvisibleMushouse
Mycomancer

Re: Trapped in a lucid dream. [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #8060581 - 02/23/08 02:02 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I have had many lucid dream and sleep paralysis experiences.

Here's a more recent one: I was sleeping one day, and I had pulled the blankets up over my head because it was uncomfortably cold. After a while I "wake up" from my sleep, but I am unable to open my eyes or move in any way. The blankets are still over my head, and I get the idea that I'm suffocating. I struggle to move, so that I can pull the blankets away from my face, and the whole experience was very panicked. After a few minutes I suddenly regain the ability to move, and I rip the blankets away from my face.

The air is cold on my face, so I pull the blankets back over my head and go back to sleep. The paralyzed suffocating panic happened two more times; I would wake up, then decide to go back to sleep with the blankets up over my head, thinking that it wouldn't happen again.

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
Re: Trapped in a lucid dream. [Re: Mushouse]
    #8060596 - 02/23/08 02:05 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Ive been there too more so in sleep paralysis and what dragon chaser said is very true just roll with it those out of body experiences can be very trippy.

--------------------

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

Re: Trapped in a lucid dream. [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #8060657 - 02/23/08 02:19 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'm very close to being able to project I think. I'm able to achieve a state close to sleep where I am still very much aware but no thoughts are passing through my head. Vibrations cover my body, and a loud whistling noise begins. I can feel my spirit or 'astral body' begin to loosen from my physical body, but I can't fully separate yet. When I open my eyes and decide stop practicing and roll over and just go to sleep, I can barely move my eyes or the muscles of my face, and my arms and legs feel weighted down. I immediately drift off into sleep after this. I have only practiced for a few nights in a row though, so I think I'm progressing very quickly.
I encourage everyone to try it- whether its 'real' or all in your head it doesn't matter. This practice can take you to other places that seem very real to you where you can manipulate almost everything and remain completely aware of what is happening. Some people report conflicts with malevolent beings, but the best way to deal with them is as with sleep paralysis- don't panic, remain calm, show them you are not afraid, and they should dissipate.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Edited by DragonChaser (02/23/08 02:20 PM)

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #8060658 - 02/23/08 02:19 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Every night i dream, and every morning i remember what i was dreaming. Sometimes i wake up screaming, sometimes i wake up and just laugh about whatever i was doing in my dream. But i lucid dream almost 2-3 nights a week. I have a lot of nightmares when i am lucid dreaming, thus the reason i wake up screaming. It scares the living hell out of my wife when i do lol.
I used to dream about a cloaked man dresses all in black. He would chase me and try to kill me. A lot of the times he would kidnap people i care about and i would have to save them from him. It scared me to death when i would lucid dream that stuff. One night i was trying to rescue my little brother and my mom from him, so i turned into a dragon and flew after them. I caught up with the car and ripped the hood off. I grabbed the man in all black and bit his head off. I woke up happy as hell, because this thing that tormented my dreams finally got his lol. I didn't dream about him again until i had my son, now the battle continues.
I know, i have insane dreams. Almost to the point of insanity.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #8061411 - 02/23/08 04:58 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I've had sleep paralysis regularly since I was a kid. And I occasionally have a lucid dream. But I had one of the most fucked up lucid dreams ever a few years back.

I made a post about that dream here.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Offlinercticwolfy
Gravity Director
Male

Re: Trapped in a lucid dream. [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #8062889 - 02/24/08 12:39 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

hmm I have had this experience once when I was litle... My arm had fallen over my mouth while sleeping... I awoke trapped in my body trying to move my arm frantically . For a while I was floating above watching myself in bed... then suddenly I managed to rip my arm off me face and take one breath ... oh it was good and I ran to the sitting room where me mum was watchn tv, very disturbed.. hmmm it was very odd to see everything but not be able to do nyfn.

--------------------
He who says A must say B, likewise, and as he had  yielded the first time, he had to do so a second time also.

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Trapped in a lucid dream. [Re: rcticwolfy]
    #8065759 - 02/24/08 07:07 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

every time i have sleep paralysis and i wake up i soon drift back in the sleep paralysis state i will do that like 5 or 6 times before i can actually fall asleep. it never just happens 1 time its always a series of them in a row, this happen to anyone else?

--------------------

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #8065816 - 02/24/08 07:20 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Phish_Dude said:
every time i have sleep paralysis and i wake up i soon drift back in the sleep paralysis state i will do that like 5 or 6 times before i can actually fall asleep. it never just happens 1 time its always a series of them in a row, this happen to anyone else?

Yeah. Not every time but it is common. In fact sometimes when I have just come out of a sleep paralysis event I can practically induce it again at will within a few seconds if I want to. But other times it passes and doesn't return.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Offlinercticwolfy
Gravity Director
Male

Re: Trapped in a lucid dream. [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #8065865 - 02/24/08 07:30 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

hmm it usally just happens once... and then I just sleep with no dreams or nothing after

--------------------
He who says A must say B, likewise, and as he had  yielded the first time, he had to do so a second time also.

Offlineharoldmeeks
Stranger
    #8065896 - 02/24/08 07:37 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

yeah its called life >>>>>>

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Trapped in a lucid dream. [Re: haroldmeeks]
    #8065917 - 02/24/08 07:41 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

its cool but sometimes its really freaky and i just want to sleep, but if i get up and get a drink of water or somthing it wont happen again. i think being totally awake will kill it if anyone is struggling with this same thing.

--------------------

Offlineharoldmeeks
Stranger
    #8065952 - 02/24/08 07:50 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

sometimes you just got to put 1 and 1 together and make 1
heheheh....
ill sleep when im dead which i already am so i may sleep some, but then if i dream i might wake up in the dream so that i can take a nap=beer. beer quick kid!!!! do not tell your mom though. about the beer

OfflineBeaver
Stranger
Re: Trapped in a lucid dream. [Re: haroldmeeks]
    #8070759 - 02/25/08 11:12 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

This ever happen to anybody??? After a night of partying you lay down to go to bed and after about 5/10 minutes u feel your body "sink". Its like your entire body falls asleep but your head is fine and still awake. If its happened to you you know what i mean. Its like your body is more tired than your head and its falling asleep first. Also if anything is on your body when it sinks (blankets, hands) it feels like a million pounds. Let me know

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder