Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsylocybinFiend
homie
Too much overlay?
    #806389 - 08/09/02 05:47 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I'm currently growing a Cubensis strain from Thailand using Cow poo compost as casing. The Mycelium growing look good but I read something recently that concerned me. There was a post about a possible mutation and someone replied that it may be due to too much overlay and since the top layer of my casing is almost totally white I feel as if I may be in the same boat if what the person said was tru about too much overlay.....do I have reason to worry?

--------------------
Organized religion is a tool of the masses to explain what they fear and are too ignorant to understand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: Too much overlay? [Re: PsylocybinFiend]
    #806467 - 08/09/02 06:28 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Too much overlay can hender if not hault mushroom growth. Overlay seals the casing layer, preventing the mushrooms from growing through it. It has a different consistency than regular mycelia in that it feels reel hard and spongy. The best ways to deal with it are to remove the overlay by scraping it off, and replacing with a new layer, or deep scratching. And lastly, just turn it upside down and recase with a fresh layer. bluhoney

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

OfflinePsylocybinFiend
homie
    #806764 - 08/09/02 08:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

well being that this is my first time growing and I guess I wouldn't really know the difference between a lot of mycellium and overlay would it be a good idea to scratch a small are if I don't see any pins in like a week?

--------------------
Organized religion is a tool of the masses to explain what they fear and are too ignorant to understand.

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

#806798 - 08/09/02 09:08 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yes try it, from what you have said though I'm pretty sure its overlay. bluhoney

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
706 topic views. 27 members, 133 guests and 89 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 14 queries.