Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedestindiver1980
MuffDiver
 User Gallery

Storing cakes
    #8061993 - 02/23/08 06:58 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Very new too this. Have looked at previous posts but do not see any posts containing this info. I read in the cultivation guide that after sterilizing your cakes in jars they can be stored indefinabley. Is this true? If so how is the best way to store my sterilized cakes. Waiting for spores and the cakes are done. I know I jumped the gun, thats just how I am but now I need to know what to do with them in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Storing cakes [Re: destindiver1980]
    #8062027 - 02/23/08 07:08 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

A few days sitting on a shelf isn't going to hurt anything while you wait for your spores. Jars definitely can't be stored indefinitely though.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinedestindiver1980
MuffDiver
 User Gallery

Re: Storing cakes [Re: FooMan]
    #8062093 - 02/23/08 07:26 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks, yeah I know my spelling needs work, but oh well. Maybe they should change the beginners grow guide about that info. It does say can be stored basically forever. I am a master at other forms of growing "GREEN THUMB" but this is my newest venture and I am very excited about it. Should work great! I know it will take time as does everything, I am in no hurry to master this art. Thanks again!

--------------------
:3some: Original poster of this is highc: 

I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You :bongload:

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #8062111 - 02/23/08 07:32 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I wasn't cracking on your spelling. I italicized the words to put a little emphasis on them. I know plenty of people I consider geniuses that can't spell for shit, so I don't consider spelling to be that important unless it has to do with the name on my paycheck :smirk:

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

OfflineJadis
..Just waituntil you seethe bats!
Male User Gallery

#8062144 - 02/23/08 07:48 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

lol well said fooman

--------------------
Do you realize that everyone you know someday will die?
And instead of saying all of your goodbyes,
Let them know you realize that life goes fast.
It's hard to make the good things last.
You realize the sun don't go down;
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinnin' round.

Offlinedestindiver1980
MuffDiver
 User Gallery

Re: Storing cakes [Re: Jadis]
    #8062403 - 02/23/08 09:34 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Couple more quick questions.  After I took them out of the PC I noticed condensation inside, not a lot just a little.  Is this bad?  Should I use caution when handling them as to not contaminate?  I have 4 very small holes in each jar.  Should I cover them, or leave them exposed in my cabinet?

By the way, thanks for the kudos fooman :thumbup:.

--------------------

I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You :bongload:

OfflineJadis
..Just waituntil you seethe bats!
Male User Gallery

#8062439 - 02/23/08 09:47 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

you got a dry verm layer on top?

--------------------
Do you realize that everyone you know someday will die?
And instead of saying all of your goodbyes,
Let them know you realize that life goes fast.
It's hard to make the good things last.
You realize the sun don't go down;
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinnin' round.

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #8062477 - 02/23/08 10:02 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

They should be left covered with the foil until after you inoculate them, assuming you have the dry verm layer as mentioned above. I wouldn't worry about a little condensation. You just don't want standing water on the bottom of your jars.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Offlinedestindiver1980
MuffDiver
 User Gallery

#8062499 - 02/23/08 10:11 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yes I have dry verm. on top, so keep foil over them and I should be good, thanks. No standing water.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract