Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Re: *VOTE* Should STP Be A Sponsor/Vendor Here? [Re: TM]
    #812052 - 08/12/02 05:24 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

One entry found for profiteer.

Main Entry: prof?i?teer
Pronunciation: "pr?-f&-'tir
Function: noun
Date: 1912
: one who makes what is considered an unreasonable profit especially on the sale of essential goods during times of emergency
- profiteer intransitive verb

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisibleshane67
Keeper
Re: *VOTE* Should STP Be A Sponsor/Vendor Here? [Re: ]
    #813228 - 08/12/02 04:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Captain...my Captain!

You seem to be getting a little upset.

Are you upset because I am stating that you are charging too high of a price for your spores? Hmmm...now you are the one dictating to me how HIGH a spore syringe should be sold ...based on what Captain?!?!?! YOUR COST?

You want to set the minimum and the maximum prices for syringes now? Boy...you just want it all don't you!?!?

You state: "Don't be trying to pull the wool over peoples faces with your bullshit on what a syringe should cost. "

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING RIGHT NOW...LOL...LOL!!!
So...your time is worth...say....$10 per syringe? You are thinking oughly high of youself are you not my Captain?

You state: 'When you consider the cost of anything in today's world, $12 for a syringe is nothing'.

Well Captain that would depend on who you are asking...wouldn't you say? Try telling a member that in a few weeks when they just bought the exact same syringe with their last few bucks from our new site and not from yours.

You also state: "$12 is only for a single syringe. Very few people buy just the one syringe, 90% or more buy one of the package deals which all vendors offer and which work out to a much lower cost per syringe, closer to $6 - $8."

Allow me to do the math....3 syringe x $8 = $24 + s/h
3 syringes x $3 = $9 + s/h.

Hmmmm...Well, I am no mathematician but, I believe that your prices still SUCK!

My site will be able to ship same day or next morning.
Send a UPS tracking number via email to each member.
Guarantee that it is a viable and a clean syringe.
I have enough spores of each strain to last me about 20 years!

You state: If the price gets any lower, there will be little profit to be made and no motivation to be a vendor.

You want to deny the members of the Shroomery this service because you might have to go get a job!?!?! lol lol!!!

You state: "I vote NO, we've got enough sleazy vendors around here. Another troublemaker running a puppet vendorship would take the cake!"

Captain...who is the sleazy vendor here?
Someone trying to sell syringes for $12 each when there is a site that sells the same ones for $2 - $3?
Hmmm...doesn't this sound familiar Captain? The only difference is that now the shoe is on the other foot!

You have said over and over that no one would support me so, what the hell are you worried about!
Again...if I do not deliver like I state then the ENTIRE Shroomery will know about it.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: *VOTE* Should STP Be A Sponsor/Vendor Here? [Re: shane67]
    #813309 - 08/12/02 05:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Shroomery community for costing shane a customer, namely me.

I had done a search for spore suppliers, and found STP. I was interested, and thinking of buying from him, but continued searching.

That's when I found the Shroomery.

People here set me straight. Now I know that $90 for a syringe is a ripoff unless the spores are from a new strain that has interesting new properties, and then only for a spore grower, who is supplying a vendor, or someone who is at least more than a hobbyist.

Complain all you want about vendors reselling the creeper strain. I do believe those people may owe you for a liscense to resell your strain, but many unkowledgeable hobbyists have fallen for your scheme, and losing controll of your strains is just karma coming back on you.

Just because "this is America" any you have the "right' to do something, doesn't make it the right thing to do. You have become a victim of the free market you have exploited, and your kettle makes all the rest look grey in comparison.

--------------------
(•_•)
<) )~  ANTIFA
/ \
\(•_•)
( (>    SUPER
/ \
(•_•)
<) )>    SOLDIERS
  / \

Don't vibe my harsh, bro.

Anonymous

Re: *VOTE* Should STP Be A Sponsor/Vendor Here? [Re: ]
    #813365 - 08/12/02 06:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Like I've said in prior posts, you get up in the morning, and with the first step out the front porch you start taking risks...

Leaf

Anonymous

#814440 - 08/13/02 08:43 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

>You have said over and over that no one would support me..

I' ve never said anything about people supporting you, thats you making things up, as usual.

The SporeLab doesn't undercut the competition nor fleece customers. We charge the same as everybody else.

You however both fleece customers with your $90 spores and undercut the competition with your $3 crap.

It's that type of sleazy marketing, scheming used car-salesman trickery that we don't need......we got enough of that crap around here already!

And your 3000 word macman-esque essays.....gotta go!

Offlineleafblowerz
Shroom mumbler
Re: *VOTE* Should STP Be A Sponsor/Vendor Here? [Re: Thor]
    #817754 - 08/15/02 12:27 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Well, while the system managed to dump all of my wonderful posts with the recent crash, it sure as fuck remembered that I had already voted. Heheh.

Leaf

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: *VOTE* Should STP Be A Sponsor/Vendor Here? [Re: leafblowerz]
    #817804 - 08/15/02 12:53 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

>while the system managed to dump all of my wonderful posts with the recent crash

Your posts are still there:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/dosearch.php?Cat=&Forum=All_Forums&Words=leafblowerz&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts

Offlineleafblowerz
Shroom mumbler
Re: *VOTE* Should STP Be A Sponsor/Vendor Here? [Re: Anno]
    #817859 - 08/15/02 01:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Anno

It shows they are present in your link but when I click on any going back any further than today, they aren't there. Oh well. But I never ever said anything ugly about you, honest. Just that mean cap'n max. Ok, well maybe a couple of other people in OTD. :3)

Leaf

Offlinestaindblue
enthusiast

Loc: GodsCountry
    #821371 - 08/16/02 04:51 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

The "creeper strain" belongs to the God that created the mushroom and us
so you can't steal something that was given to us as a gift. One of the things i like most about the shroomery is the integrity of it's members. Allowing the keeper to sell here would be like whoring this site out for money. So if the wolf puts on sheeps clothing do you let it become part of the herd? Of course not. If the shroomery needs cash we can raise it. If i have to become a vendor, buy space
and sell syringes to help out I will do it , just say the word. I'm not a vendor btw.
Or the friend of one. I am a shroomerite that cares about this community.
I trust Thor will make the right decision.
PS Do us a REAL!! favor and crawl back in your hole Shane...Thanks in advance You got a lot of nerve Pal!!

Edited by staindblue (08/16/02 09:33 PM)

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: *VOTE* Should STP Be A Sponsor/Vendor Here? [Re: staindblue]
    #821607 - 08/16/02 06:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

if the shroomery has to stoop so low to accept the keeper for finacial reasons, maybe it should use the idea of "donation" mini-banners, or do as the FF does, and have a little sign by the avatars for contributors ( i liked that when i was there, nifty). let the members help out ,without resorting to lowering our standards by accepting a person who NOBODY here likes, or wants here.

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale