Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Obama: US soldiers in Afghanistan so poorly equipped they use Taliban equipment.
    #8055747 - 02/22/08 10:06 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

OBAMA: You know, I’ve heard from an Army captain who was the head of a rifle platoon — supposed to have 39 men in a rifle platoon. Ended up being sent to Afghanistan with 24 because 15 of those soldiers had been sent to Iraq.

OBAMA: And as a consequence, they didn’t have enough ammunition, they didn’t have enough humvees. They were actually capturing Taliban weapons, because it was easier to get Taliban weapons than it was for them to get properly equipped by our current commander in chief.

OBAMA: Now, that’s a consequence of bad judgment. And you know, the question is, on the critical issues that we face right now, who’s going to show the judgment to lead? And I think that on every critical issue that we’ve seen in foreign policy over the last several years — going into Iraq originally, I didn’t just oppose it for the sake of opposing it. I said this is going to distract us from Afghanistan; this is going to fan the flames of anti-American sentiment; it’s going to cost us billions of dollars and thousands of lives and overstretch our military. And I was right.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/21/debate.transcript/index.html

WTF our troops are using Taliban weapons because U.S troops don’t have weapons of their own?

So our troops are now scavenging from captured/dead Taliban?  Scavenging for Guns and munitions because our military is so strained from Iraq.....

:rolleyes:

THIS IDIOT CANNOT BE COMMANDER IN CHIEF!

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Edited by lonestar2004 (02/22/08 10:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Obama: US soldiers in Afghanistan so poorly equipped they use Taliban equipment. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8055877 - 02/22/08 10:38 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Why, because he sees a problem with not protecting our own troops well enough and he seeks to improve it? :strokebeard:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Obama: US soldiers in Afghanistan so poorly equipped they use Taliban equipment. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8055907 - 02/22/08 10:46 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I think he meant Dubbya, but IDK.

--------------------

"The choiceless truth of who you are is revealed to be permanently here permeating everything. Not a thing and not separate from anything."--Gaganji
"Yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream."
"My karma ran over my dogma!"

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Obama: US soldiers in Afghanistan so poorly equipped they use Taliban equipment. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8055983 - 02/22/08 11:04 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:
Why, because he sees a problem with not protecting our own troops well enough and he seeks to improve it? :strokebeard:

Honestly, do you believe we are not suppling our troops with guns???????

what are we fighting the Taliban with? Sling shots?

It scares the fuck out of me that the potential Commander in Chief believes this crap.....

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
Re: Obama: US soldiers in Afghanistan so poorly equipped they use Taliban equipment. [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8055997 - 02/22/08 11:11 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

This also happened frequently in Vietnam. It wasn't uncommon for U.S. soldiers to ditch their M-16 for an AK-47 off a dead Charlie. The M-16 (original models) were prone to jamming because of its complex mechanisms. The AK-47 only had three moving parts, so it was a good alternative. However, the unmistakable sound of an AK-47 often brought on friendly fire from other soldiers.

I wouldn't be surprised. I've heard elsewhere that the equipment is starting to wear out. And with good reason. It gets used. A LOT. So I wouldn't doubt there's some validity to his statements.

But yeah, he shouldn't be president. :thumbdown:

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #8056012 - 02/22/08 11:15 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archives/255488.php

Quote:

A few points:

* Lieutenants command platoons. Captains command companies.
* The U.S. Army would not, under any circumstance, split up a rifle platoon and ship half of them to Iraq and the other half to Afghanistan. They train to work as a team. This simply would not occur, ever.
* There has never been a shortage of weapons or ammunition for U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan. On occasion, American forces (especially Special Forces) have used Soviet weapon designs, but they have done so by choice, not necessity.

In the clip above, everything Barack Obama said was a lie... probably including the part where he said he spoke with an Army Captain (has anyone checked to seek if Deval Patrick spoke with Jesse McBeth?).

This leaves us with two possibilities.

Barack Obama is a liar. He (or someone he plagiarized) simply made the tale up out of the whole cloth.

Barack Obama is a rube. Anyone with any sense of how the military works at all would immediately sniff this out as a series of false stories. Perhaps Barack Obama, the man who would be Commander in Cheif, is so ignorant of all matters military that he could be easily fooled by a fraud.

Neither possibility says anything good about Obama.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Obama: US soldiers in Afghanistan so poorly equipped they use Taliban equipment. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8056080 - 02/22/08 11:41 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I keep waiting for that third choice.:(

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Obama: US soldiers in Afghanistan so poorly equipped they use Taliban equipment. [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #8056090 - 02/22/08 11:44 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

that makes a lot more sense then Obama claiming they are so poorly equipped that they have no choice but to fight with captured enemy weapons.....

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Edited by lonestar2004 (02/22/08 11:53 AM)

Invisiblebradmassive
KingOfTheHill

Loc: VA
Re: Obama: US soldiers in Afghanistan so poorly equipped they use Taliban equipment. [Re: Icelander]
    #8056096 - 02/22/08 11:46 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:

Ron Paul?

--------------------
"In the beginning, I had no name. i was a shape, a snarling shadow of the Old World which slipped into this existence" - Steven Erikson

"Our progress as a species rests squarely on the shoulders of that tenth person. The nine are satisfied with things they are told are valuable. Person 10 determines for himself what has value." - My good friend Za -

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Obama: US soldiers in Afghanistan so poorly equipped they use Taliban equipment. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8056109 - 02/22/08 11:50 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

In the clip above, everything Barack Obama said was a lie... probably including the part where he said he spoke with an Army Captain (has anyone checked to seek if Deval Patrick spoke with Jesse McBeth?).

Barack Obama is a liar. He (or someone he plagiarized) simply made the tale up out of the whole cloth.

Barack Obama is a rube. Anyone with any sense of how the military works at all would immediately sniff this out as a series of false stories. Perhaps Barack Obama, the man who would be Commander in Cheif, is so ignorant of all matters military that he could be easily fooled by a fraud.

IMO he's BOTH! (ignorant and a liar)

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Obama: US soldiers in Afghanistan so poorly equipped they use Taliban equipment. [Re: bradmassive]
    #8056120 - 02/22/08 11:52 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bradmassive said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

Ron Paul?

Unfortunately Ron Paul says he can't afford to lose focus on the next primary for his House seat.

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
    #8056168 - 02/22/08 12:06 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

that's old news buddy! you gotta get the latest! this is a good end of the week for ron paul.

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Invisiblebradmassive
KingOfTheHill

Loc: VA
    #8056169 - 02/22/08 12:06 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

bradmassive said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

Ron Paul?

Unfortunately Ron Paul says he can't afford to lose focus on the next primary for his House seat.

They are trying to shoot him in the ass by taking away his house seat. I say vote for Paul since Obama is such a lying, ignorant fuck.

--------------------
"In the beginning, I had no name. i was a shape, a snarling shadow of the Old World which slipped into this existence" - Steven Erikson

"Our progress as a species rests squarely on the shoulders of that tenth person. The nine are satisfied with things they are told are valuable. Person 10 determines for himself what has value." - My good friend Za -

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #8056195 - 02/22/08 12:15 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:

He's sticking with the Presidential race as well, as you can still vote for him in your states primary or caucus.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinecrumblebum
The Guy Who's Really Bad At Sex

#8056244 - 02/22/08 12:28 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Wow. Dubya's been lying and idioting for like, 8 years now. This guy drops one out, and you're surprised?

Politicians lie. Duh. We're talking about a profession where changing your mind because new evidence has come to light is viewed as a weakness.

Know why he lied? Cause it's a bullshit war, and he wants to stop it. Why? There's probably around 100 reasons, all of which can't really be gone over in an interview, and most of which everyone is already familiar with.

So yeah, rather than spouting the same old drivel that hasn't gotten anyone else elected, he either fibbed or allowed himself to believe a fib.

Eight goddamned years we've been flooded with what's obviously pro war lies and propaganda, and ANY of you are surprised that the anti war side dosen't have it's own lies an propaganda?

Obama is playing the game, and he's playing it how it's played.

I'll vote for him because he clearly opposses the war, and that's pretty much the issue that concerns me.

He won't win, cause he's black.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Obama: US soldiers in Afghanistan so poorly equipped they use Taliban equipment. [Re: bradmassive]
    #8056249 - 02/22/08 12:30 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bradmassive said:

They are trying to shoot him in the ass by taking away his house seat. I say vote for Paul since Obama is such a lying, ignorant fuck.

Who is this mystical "they" and how are they "taking away" his House seat?

Ron Paul, Pussy.

Apparently he refuses to debate his opponent and suggests that his opponent go "debate himself".
http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/017055.php#comments

--------------------

Offlinelonestar2004
 User Gallery

Re: Obama: US soldiers in Afghanistan so poorly equipped they use Taliban equipment. [Re: crumblebum]
    #8056334 - 02/22/08 12:45 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

crumblebum said:
I'll vote for him because he clearly opposses the war, and that's pretty much the issue that concerns me.

He won't win, cause he's black.

which war does he "clearly" oppose?

The future war in Pakistan

I understand that President Musharraf has his own challenges. But let me make this clear. There are terrorists holed up in those mountains who murdered 3,000 Americans. They are plotting to strike again. It was a terrible mistake to fail to act when we had a chance to take out an al Qaeda leadership meeting in 2005. If we have actionable intelligence about high value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will."

Barack Obama

The ongoing war in Afghanistan?

"One of the things that I think is critical, as the next president, is to make absolutely certain that we not only phase out the Iraq but we also focus on the critical battle that we have in Afghanistan and root out al Qaeda. If we do not do that, then we're going to potentially see another attack here in the US."

Barack Obama

Or the War in Iraq?

Q: Will you pledge that by January 2013, the end of your first term, there will be no US troops in Iraq?

A: "I think it's hard to project four years from now, and I think it would be irresponsible. We don't know what contingency will be out there. I believe that we should have all our troops out by 2013, but I don't want to make promises, not knowing what the situation's going to be three or four years out."

Obama won't win, not "cause he's black" but because he is full of shit.....

--------------------

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#8056354 - 02/22/08 12:49 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I know some Marines who have been in Afghanistan that used AK-74's... because using a M16 or SAW was "too easy."

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #8056765 - 02/22/08 02:37 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Barack Obama is a liar.

Barack Obama is a rube.

Fuck but you people will believe anything if it fits in with your worldview.

If you'll tolerate a brief intrusion from reality, which I know is a scary thing for you...

Quote:

The Associated Press said:

The Obama campaign offered no details to support the captain's story, making it impossible to verify. A spokesman did not immediately respond to questions about who the captain was and when and how the candidate learned about the allegation.

ABC News said it talked to the unidentified captain, whose account of shortages in Afghanistan was for the most part accurately summarized by Obama, although not verified.

The captain said, however, that the unit did not go after the Taliban for the purpose of getting their weapons, but sometimes used those weapons when some were captured.

Obama said the platoon was supposed to have 39 soldiers. A platoon does not have to consist of 39, but can have between 16 to 40 soldiers, according to standard Army unit organization. It is also commanded by a lieutenant and not a captain.

According to the ABC report, the captain was a lieutenant when he took command of the rifle platoon.

But you're right, I'm sure the monolithically liberal ABC Newsroom has decided to fabricate this soldier in order to collude w/ the Obama camp to steal the nomination.

What the fuck ever. I love how the apes on the Right bash the press one day for covering a Mccain story with no evidence, then turn around and call Barack Obama a liar WITH NO FUCKING EVIDENCE.

Double standard much, morons?

edit for link: http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gUW0ApBGkGgu5CfdiXsMTzGe8jDAD8UVJ74O0

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Obama: US soldiers in Afghanistan so poorly equipped they use Taliban equipment. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8056858 - 02/22/08 02:57 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I just posted a link. Here's another one:

http://minx.cc/?post=255523

Quote:

Tapper sternly scolds bloggers for calling bullshit on Obama, but right there, he himself calls bullshit -- he just wants to pretend Obama's got it right. The source himself denies he had to "capture" enemy weapons and equipment to fight -- he is claiming that he did in fact use such weapons on occasion, but that is different than warfare generally... how?

As for not having the weapons to train with at home -- well, that sounds like bullshit too. Tapper thinks his job is done if he merely talks to a guy making these claims; but perhaps he should actually do some actual reporting and find out if our army is being denied key ammunition in training.

The left has a habit of claiming victory when some small detail is corroborated. Obama fucking claimed our troops HAD TO -- not chose to on occasion -- capture the very weapons with which they were expected to fight the enemy.

Tapper gets a guy claiming "Yeah, once we took a captured Soviet heavy machine gun and used it on a truck."

Then they say, "Ah-ha! You owe Obama an apology! He was Right!"

They did the exact same thing with Beauchamp.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom