Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekillerthc
Memories
Male

Firecrackers my frist try
    #8052001 - 02/21/08 01:56 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Well me and my bro just made some firecrackers and ate them... no crackers though... and we are feeling some effects but im not sure if it will work as good as others have claimed...

The recipe:
2grams bud put in tin foil in an oven for 20 mins on 220F
2tbls peanut butter
1tbls butter

We added the bud to the peanut butter and butter slurry and drank it... sorta tasted nasty.... but i hope that this will work... i have heard that .5 of a gram can get you messed up so wish me luck :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecokaznrebel
BBQ CHK CHZ STK

Loc: Mile High
Re: Firecrackers my frist try [Re: killerthc]
    #8052404 - 02/21/08 03:40 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I was under the impression that a firecracker is when you put peanut butter on crackers, then put weed in the center. Finally, pressing the 2 crackers together, you get the weed completle engulfed in peanut butter, then bake the peanut butter crackers with weed in them for 20 minutes at 300...

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: Firecrackers my frist try [Re: cokaznrebel]
    #8052444 - 02/21/08 03:51 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

If you put the bud in the tinfoil and cooked it, and put the peanut butter in after, your not going to get high.

--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Offlinekillerthc
Memories
Male

Re: Firecrackers my frist try [Re: cokaznrebel]
    #8052446 - 02/21/08 03:52 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i dunno but i take back wha i said this high is worth the 20$ i spent :laugh:

:bongload::jointsmile::bigblunt::stoner::gethigh:

OfflineBanana03
The 3rd Conchord
Male User Gallery

Loc: PA
Re: Firecrackers my frist try [Re: killerthc]
    #8052487 - 02/21/08 04:04 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I started making and eating them a week ago tonight. Really enjoy them, going to make one in about an hour so it kicks in for Lost tonight.

I take really oily organic peanut butter and spread it on 2 graham crackers(really just one broken in half so there are two equal squares). Sprinkle the grinded up bud onto it, so the surface is completely covered in bud. Than I put the two pieces together like a sandwich and cover up the sides of it with more peanut butter so that you cannot see any of the bud. Wrap it in tin foil and put it in the oven for 20 minutes at 320 degrees. Works really well for me. And I've only been doing it with mids, can't wait to try this with some nice headies.

Edited by Banana03 (02/21/08 04:05 PM)

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: Firecrackers my frist try [Re: anyone420]
    #8052573 - 02/21/08 04:24 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

anyone420 said:
If you put the bud in the tinfoil and cooked it, and put the peanut butter in after, your not going to get high.

Why not? The heat should've converted the majority of the THC acid to THC, and he put it into peanut butter, which is rich in oils... seems to satisfy the two criteria for making weed effective orally.

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

Re: Firecrackers my frist try [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8052588 - 02/21/08 04:27 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Because THC is soluble in fat, not tin foil. I don't think just cooking bud and putting it in peanut butter would achieve what you want it to, but i could be wrong.

--------------------

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8052669 - 02/21/08 04:42 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

anyone420 said:
Because THC is soluble in fat, not tin foil. I don't think just cooking bud and putting it in peanut butter would achieve what you want it to, but i could be wrong.

I think that you are, though I admit I'm not 100% sure either... I guess how high the OP gets should give us the answer though.

My understanding is that the fat/oil helps with the uptake of THC in the stomache... it'd probably be a little more effective to totally dissolve it first, so he may not get as as when making them the regular way.

But I'm pretty sure that heating the weed has a significant effect on oral potency unrelated to dissolving the THC... when you make green dragon, the THC is dissolved either way, but you get more stoned if the weed was toasted first to convert THCA to THC.

How high the OP gets should tell us whether or not the THC needs to be dissolved in oil, or just have oil present, to help with uptake in the gut.

Offlinekillerthc
Memories
Male

#8052858 - 02/21/08 05:29 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

wow man this sucks shit.... my bro is puking all over the place.... and i have to clean it.....

Offlineanyone420
mad buddah abuser
 User Gallery

#8052903 - 02/21/08 05:40 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Entropymancer said:
Quote:

anyone420 said:

I think that you are, though I admit I'm not 100% sure either... I guess how high the OP gets should give us the answer though.

My understanding is that the fat/oil helps with the uptake of THC in the stomache... it'd probably be a little more effective to totally dissolve it first, so he may not get as as when making them the regular way.

But I'm pretty sure that heating the weed has a significant effect on oral potency unrelated to dissolving the THC... when you make green dragon, the THC is dissolved either way, but you get more stoned if the weed was toasted first to convert THCA to THC.

How high the OP gets should tell us whether or not the THC needs to be dissolved in oil, or just have oil present, to help with uptake in the gut.

But THC is also soluable in alcohol. My understanding is that fat and alcohol both provide 'vehicles' for the thc. In other words, the fat will absorb the THC when you cook it, and acts as a catalyst. Without the fat, i don't think the THC would have anywhere to go and simply would not be captured. Because if, as you say, you can cook it without peanut butter (fat) and eat it that way, then why would you even use peanut butter to begin with?

Green dragon (is this the same as dragon juice? I think so.) acts the same way, the alcohol gives the THC somewhere to be stored. An edible vehicle.

Anyway, i don't know which one of us is right, as we both seem to have the same amount of understanding (or lack of, haha)

My question to the OP is, did you infact cook it with the fat, or cook it and put the peanut butter in afterwards?

--------------------

Invisiblebmiles
artist
Male

Loc: on the left side
    #8052924 - 02/21/08 05:45 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i smoke everyday, but i tried firecrackers for the first time a few days ago. i ended up eating a gram and a half of chronic, and was still high when i woke up the next day, and for about 3-4 hours after that. it was a kind of unpleasant high though. it was really nice at first, but then after about 3 hours i really started to feel like shit and i just wanted it to go away. be careful with your dose.

--------------------
Never go with a hippy to a second location.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

#8052939 - 02/21/08 05:51 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

anyone420 said:
Green dragon (is this the same as dragon juice? I think so.) acts the same way, the alcohol gives the THC somewhere to be stored. An edible vehicle.

Anyway, i don't know which one of us is right, as we both seem to have the same amount of understanding (or lack of, haha)

I think you're missing the point I'm trying to make.

I brought up Green Dragon (Weed+Everclear) because it demonstrates that solubility is not the only way weed gains potency when you eat it. If you just put weed in everclear, wait for the THC to all extract, then drink it, you'll get stoned. But if you toast the weed before making the Green Dragon, you'll get a lot more stoned (because inactive THCA has been converted to active THC).

There isn't a similar method common method of consumption that addresses the extent to which solubility is an issue. Maybe the fat and oil in the peanut butter won't help at all since he didn't dissolve the THC in it... but on the other hand, since the powdered weed was stuck into peanut butter, I think it's at least possible that the prescence of fats/oils will help the stomache absorb the THC (though probably not as effectively).

My reason for thinking this is from personal experience (which admittedly may not 100% relevent). Several hours after eating a bunch of weed brownies, my high had plateaued... then I ate a really greasy breakfast, and started to get more stoned again... which makes me think that just having fat/oil present in the stomache may help absorbtion.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates