Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Salvia trips, what happens to you?
    #2354220 - 02/19/04 09:55 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ok, for some reason i've got this urge to talk about salvia, it's been awhile since i've done it and this was my first real drug after all (besides weed and alcohol) i'm wondering if you all have similar effects after smoking it?

onset: 0-1min.
peak: 5-10min.
comedown: 30-40min.
afterglow: 12-24hours.

The Trip:

sometimes after using a soda pop can to smoke it, i just kinda stare at the can and let my eyes drop out of focus, than "BANG!" before I know it, I feel like i'm moving even though i'm just staring at the can standing still and I don't even know i'm tripping or what i'm staring at, it feels like i'm in an old 2D video game where the charater i'm playing is the soda can (though my brain does'nt reconize it as "soda can", it just see's it as a blurry unknown object) and my room is the level and the point of the game seems to be "what's the voice i'm hearing saying and who is saying it?", and than after I start to realize what's happening and that the reason i'm chasing this voice is because I smoked some Salvia, the trip comes down really quick from there on, I realise that i've been staring at the can most of the time and just walking back and forth in my room.

there was this one time after smoking it I was staring at the corner of my room waiting for the usual effects when all the sudden the "BANG!" hit me, and everything in my room (the ceiling, the walls, my bed, the floor) turned into diangle lines and shapes that seemed to be stacked up like a row of ribbons, and in each of the ribbons I saw rows of faces, hundreds of them (they looked kinda maya/aztec, sorta like the faces I see on other lsd and shroom trips), all of them talking in sync, I was finally seeing the voices i heard on so many other salvia trips, and the words they were saying seemed to be making since this time, part of my brain still said there just rambling and not making any since but the other part of me knew what they were saying, like they been speaking another language all this time and thats why i could'nt understand them, and now i could speak there language, they told me some secrets, not secrets that I should keep to myself, but secrets of about all the evil things that happen to the first nations people that we're here before us, this was the most amazing thing i've ever felt on a drug in my life, I felt both ashamed and I felt relieved afterwards, it felt like i'd just apologies to every first nation person for what we've did after this trip, ever since i first smoked salvia i've always felt like this strange connection between me, salva and the world, sorta like "Salvia found me, I did'nt find Salvia" type thing, ya know? maybe i got aztec blood in me, maybe my house is built on some old ancient indian burial ground, or maybe i was just tripping my balls off, but I would give up all my LSD and Shroom trip just for this one, i learned alot from this little plant, about me, about indians, about life and everything else, thank God for this plant.

Effects:

CEV: about 80% of my cev are in 2D, they tend to be either hundreds of hands spinning in a circle or hundreds of mouths spinning in a circle, the other 20% are in 3D, usually a tunnel type thing that spins around, sometimes i see people, places and things being sucked in and spinning away with it.

OEV: usually 2D pictures of people and face's on most everything (aztec/maya looking ones), weather i'm in a dark room or with all the lights turned on, i did'nt really start seeing them until around the 10th time smoking it, I saw what looked like about 12-16 tv screens stacked on my wall with all them showing the exact same thing, a guy sitting at a desk doing something on a computer, hardly anything amazing compared to lsd visuals, but hey, there still pretty cool, sometimes i see the Tunnel thing with eyes open too, sometimes everything i see get's to my brain in frames sorta like weed or dxm, ususally i feel like I get shot to the back of my head and see things like i'm in someone else's body like in the movie "being john malcovich"(?), I can see my thoughts (sorta like seeing sounds when on lsd, but on this you see your thoughts).

Sounds: I hear voices, I usually can't understand them but they always seem to be trying to explain something to me and I feel like shit because it sounds so important, they sound anywhere from everyones voice i heard in my life speaking at once to two three people talking at once, i also sometimes hear my own thoughts in another room usually coming from the muffled sounds of a tv.

other: I SWEAT ALOT! holy shit, my shirts are alwys soaked afterwards, i tend to do it shirtless because of this, panic and fear, for the first 50 times or so that is, i've gotten used to it, the tv talks to me, well, sorta...you see on the "Coming down" part after the trip my brain naturally is looking for words and sentences to decribe the way i feel and what I thought about the trip, so if the tv is on during this time I tend to get sentences from the tv and into my head as if it were my own thoughts, weird? oh, it's really fuckin' weird, one time that eminem song "loose youself" came on the tv, i was looking down at the box that I put the salvia in and i was just thinking about what just happen, about my trip, next thing i know i'm freaking out about this stuff, not in a bad trip type way, just really scared of Salvia, I felt like it was the ring from the lord of the rings, I grab it and ran to the bathroom and was about to destroy (flush in down the toliet), than something stop me, i said to myself "what am I doing?", I was perfectly sober all the sudden and had that nice afterglow feeling i always get afterwards, I put the salvia away and ended up laughing about the time i was in the lord of the rings, it's some crazy shit man, I gotta be careful with stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: Salvia trips, what happens to you? [Re: JCoke]
    #2354890 - 02/19/04 01:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

were you smoking the extract or the leaves?

anyway VERY nice trip report!! once i trip like this on salvia i will post about it!

so far, i've only smoked the leaves and that just left me with a "gravity bomb" feeling for about 5 minutes :frown:

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: Salvia trips, what happens to you? [Re: lukeboots]
    #2355153 - 02/19/04 02:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

all the effects and trip reports above happend on the 5x extract, i've done the 10x (it works about the same as 5x for me) and the 20x, the 20x is too stronge for me, did it about 5 times and I can't remmember a single one of 'em, i just kinda blacked out for those trips, i'm thinking about getting the fluid extract to see what that's like.

oh yeah, i forgot to mention another effect of Salvia, meeting Lady Salvia herself! i've never met any beings or entities on acid or anything else, but she's in this plant, I think i heard of other people meeting or hearing a womans voice on this, does anyone here know anything of this? or what about on acid? what are entities like on that?

also, one time I saw my future self while tripping, i looked up at my bed and there I was, i'm not shitting you, beleave me! it really made me think about where i'm gonna be in 10 or 20 years and how i've never really put much thought into that, I started thinking about my life, my friends and all that stuff and how I should be more to people than the guy who always has the best bud or always the one who share his shrooms with who ever asks, I knew it was better to be known as a good friend rather than just a friend who has good bud.

Salvia gives me great clarity of mind, i can look deep and solve problems easily after using it, it's like giving my brain a bath, the afterglow is just as amazing to me as the trip itself.

Edited by JCoke (02/19/04 02:53 PM)

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
    #2355200 - 02/19/04 02:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I just checked my mail, and my 15x and 5x wasn't there :frown: Hopefully it will be there tomorrow....yes, tomorrow :laugh:

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

Offlinetoofew
curiouslyincomplete
Male

Loc: sudbury, ontario
Re: Salvia trips, what happens to you? [Re: anarchyhollow]
    #2355476 - 02/19/04 03:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

anarchy where did you order from? you say you checked your mail, so i assume you dont have to sign for the package? if this is true, please let me know.

--------------------
lime and limpid green the sound surrounds the icy waters underground

Offlineanarchyhollow
Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
Re: Salvia trips, what happens to you? [Re: toofew]
    #2355527 - 02/19/04 03:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I ordered it off ebay (and to my dismay, somebody told me that buying salvia from ebay is a bad idea after buying it). I ordered it to my p.o. box, and don't think that i'd have to sign for it. It shouldn't be that big of a package, they should put it in my mailbox i think. Peace

--------------------
See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2355734 - 02/19/04 04:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Great trip report and detail! I posted this explanation in the Spirtual & Philsophy board, but I'll repost it here because I think it fits in with what you're saying.

I?ve noticed something very interesting about Salvia (really, what?s uninteresting about it?). Every time, it seems to be showing me something. There aren?t any entities, or such, but it?s almost like it changes my perception so what I see almost literally, becomes apart of me. I feel layers, and it?s almost as if I extend who I am to include my surroundings. It?s sounds totally foreign and bizarre (really, what?s unbizarre about salvia?), but maybe someone else who?s experienced it can understand what I mean. I?ll make an analogy here, and I?m only using this as a metaphor, it?s almost like a substance which is trying to teach something by changing physiology.

I can only speculate, but it certainly extends the idea that we?re apart of everything, and that we experience ?ourself? through individual people. Separate thoughts and personalities, but really apart of each other.

Just an observation, and it could entirely be my perspective, but it makes sense to me.

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#2356045 - 02/19/04 05:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My first breakthrough was intense.  I smoked 1 big bowl.  Then I think I may have packed another (not sure).  Then I just jumped into complete ego loss.  I could see the things in my surroundings but they were only blurry colors put together in a way that made no sense.  I felt like I was on a game show, and the game was to figure out what happened to you.  I realized I had smoked salvia, I think, then I started to hear my breath.  Then I remember who I was a little bit.  Then I regained my self and went inside to lay down. 

I had forgotten what happened for a few minutes and then I remember, holy crap, something intense happened! :wink:

My last salvia trip, I remember the salvia was controlling me and it made me keep smoking more!!!  I also kept hearing The Doors - Touch Me in my head, and I hadn't heard that song in a long time so it was pretty random.  Then I just layed back in bed, and the whole room was just whirlin and twirlin around everywhere, but there was never really complete ego loss.

Offlinetemperance
ma[ybe]gician

Loc: southern ca
    #2357903 - 02/20/04 02:26 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Great trip reports!!

I finally just broke through with some 10x + 5x about 3 days ago after my 4th time trying it. I got that feeling that Amber_Glow mentioned that Salvia was telling me to smoke more. Actually, it felt like she was making me smoke more, as if I had no choice in the matter to debate it. Never even got the chance to!

After exhalation of my last rip (took about 4 or so), there I went.

No ego, no thoughts, no imprints, no clothes, no eyeballs, no body. Just awareness. Simplicity. Despite no humanoid eyeballs, vision still existed. 2 dimensional, psychotic carousel. Totally alien to my brain, yet somehow eerily familiar to my consciousness.

My boyfriend said something, and I slowly started to remember 3rd dimensional existence, then humans, then that I was inhabiting a humanoid vessel, then that I was inhabiting a female humanoid vessel, then that I was wearing clothes that I'd picked out to wear that day, and so on... until I was fully back to ordinary reality as I've come to know it.

That intense moment only lasted no more than 10 seconds, according to my boyfriend, but had he told me it lasted 10 hours, I'd have believed him. Had that 2 day afterglow that JCoke mentioned, plus quite euphoric sleep that night. Couldn't stop laughing about the fact that I had a personality, was wearing clothes & shoes, and speaking with some funny language that we call English. Complexity!

I don't think I have ever appreciated this complex 3rd dimensional experience as much as I did upon returning to it, not because what I experienced with Salvia was scary, but just because! I can walk around, hold a cat in my arms, brush my hair, HAVE hair, etc. WEIRD, yet AWESOME! :smile:

Quote:

it?s almost as if I extend who I am to include my surroundings.

and
Quote:

it?s almost like a substance which is trying to teach something by changing physiology.

I completely feel/felt that too. Beautifully put, Twirling.

I feel a distinct friendship with Salvia now. I feel allied by her and her by me.

Edited by temperance (02/20/04 02:38 AM)

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Salvia trips, what happens to you? [Re: temperance]
    #2358718 - 02/20/04 09:26 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

about meeting the Lady Salvia entity, I remember after I smoked some 5x, it felt like there was some motherly entity telling me to lie down on my bed. I felt like a little child getting under the covers, she was very soothing.

Actually, it felt like she was making me smoke more, as if I had no choice in the matter to debate it

Another time I remember saw/heard a male and a female presence talk to me. They said if I want to go where they are going I have to smoke more salvia. Though I didn't feel out of control like you did, I decided to smoke more because I was curious.  The male presence was very persistent that I hurry up and smoke it but not in an aggressive manner at all. After I smoked another half bowl I found myself to be on a sunny country side (this was all happening behind my closed eyelids) with  a few beings that lived there.... all I can say is WOW! I remember right after I came down my friend called my house and I was literally unable to describe to him what I just experienced, it was so amazing, I just told him to get his ass to my house ASAP so he can try it out for himself. this thread got me all excited about salvia again  :laugh:

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Salvia trips, what happens to you? [Re: temperance]
    #2359393 - 02/20/04 12:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

temperance said:
Couldn't stop laughing about the fact that I had a personality, was wearing clothes & shoes, and speaking with some funny language that we call English. Complexity!

I don't think I have ever appreciated this complex 3rd dimensional experience as much as I did upon returning to it, not because what I experienced with Salvia was scary, but just because! I can walk around, hold a cat in my arms, brush my hair, HAVE hair, etc. WEIRD, yet AWESOME! :smile:

Oh man, I've felt that way about life a whole lot. Just the absurdity of it all. Its great to be able to laugh at every little detail in life that we just go along with and never think about. It's hard to explain that to someone who hasn't experinced something like salvia.

What I find most humous is how people act on who they think they are. Like, we all use our identity sometimes to guide us along. It seems especially true of the bitter, uptight types. That's why I find a psychedelic experince so cleansing; it removes a lot of the nonsense that forms in daily life and allows you to connect with a different side of yourself.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Offlinethe_divided_sky
Stranger
    #2359697 - 02/20/04 02:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hey, I have a couple expirinces. Fairly new to the drug, dont have much time since im pretty serious about school and shit.

nkeryan.blogspot.com is my website, there u will find some salvia expiriances, pretty much a brief overview. Enjoy.

Invisibleorchidfanatic
retiree
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: where the wild things are
Re: Salvia trips, what happens to you? [Re: the_divided_sky]
    #8051145 - 02/21/08 09:42 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

what in the hell was that ? bizzare !
fist time 10x .. it scared the hell out of me at first ..

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia trips, what happens to you? [Re: orchidfanatic]
    #8051151 - 02/21/08 09:44 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Another zombie thread...

Personally, I feel lucky to get that scary bizarre what-the-hell!? kind of salvia experience... usually I just get the most godawful pins & needles (more like skewers and steak knives)

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
    #8051190 - 02/21/08 09:59 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

When I want to smoke salvia, I buy the strongest extract available. I pack a full bowl and smoke it all in one enormous hit. I hold the smoke in until there is nothing left of reality. The first effect I notice is that the salvia entity crashes into me either from the side or dead on. This entity pulls me to the ground with a force that is impossible to resist. Usually the entity constantly repeats my name to me or it tells me something that is very discouraging. This entity takes on different forms usually. I recall one time it looked like a mutated blue giraffe and another time is what a machine-like creature. Anyways, I usually go all the way into what seems to be another dimension. In this dimension I feel the presence of a being who for some reason seems to be my mother or other family member. When I get to this dimension it feels as though I woke up from a state of sleep (i.e. my life on earth in the reality.) I am under the impression that my previous life was a dream and that this new reality is the true one. I find this new reality to be nightmarish. In this reality I am part of a hug machine that is grinding in a centripetal manner. I try to rip myself free from the machine but I am part of this machine and cannot escape. When I begin coming back to reality, it's like waking up from the worst nightmare you have ever had. Salvia scares me when I go this far because that reality seems so real and it is a very uncomfortable state to have spend the rest of your life in, which is what it feels like to me. It is always worth venturing into this reality because it is a very spiritual and intense experience. Like Terence McKenna said, "you don't always get what you want, you get what you need."

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Invisibleorchidfanatic
retiree
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: where the wild things are
Re: Salvia trips, what happens to you? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8051191 - 02/21/08 09:59 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I felt like I was falling into a razor thin crack in time..
now my perception is altered. how long does this afterglow last
and how long do you have to wait to trip again .. it really caught me off guard .

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia trips, what happens to you? [Re: orchidfanatic]
    #8051207 - 02/21/08 10:02 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

As I recall, salvia tolerance is very short-term, so waiting an hour-ish between blast-offs ought to do it... or sooner if you smoke a little more of it.

Invisiblemother_of_pearl
Are youexperienced?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
    #8051351 - 02/21/08 10:33 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the sharing. I generally don't smoke Salvia by itself any more due to that painful feeling (pins needles by some, disorienting jolt by others). I compare it to what I imagine it might feel like to have someone toss your brain in the air and hit it with a tennis racket.

My visuals are usually about people I know and or issues in my life. Sorry no stories about imaginary aliens from other dimensions, or other such unsubstantiated claims. I do like when I have the visions of being other people women, men, black, white, etc.. or the classic of being a disembodied consciousness, and or being in other peoples bodies and saying to myself:"this is not my body" (at the time I can't remember who I am but I know that is isn't my body). Usually at that point I find myself in someone Else's body and repeat the process again (sort of like a game my mind is playing on me of musical bodies).

Salvia can be a great tool in learning how the mind excepts adapts and rationalizes things. The mind uses the imagination in many ways to understand how things work by creating working models to understand. One thing you always here people say is "I didn't think it would be like that" (which translates in my mind to "I imagined it would be different"). We are constantly comparing everything we come in contact with to everything we have experienced before.

I do use salvia by itself occasionally now but primarily only smoke it with klip dagga, blue lotus, and eucalyptus (eucalyptus helps the other compounds enter the lungs into the bloodstream better and gives it a fresh aftertaste as well)

Also I try to work it to where I get the dosage from my trips from one inhalation (less plant matter in the lungs that way).

Edited by mother_of_pearl (02/21/08 10:42 AM)

Offlineheilfire
the candy man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rhode Island
    #8051410 - 02/21/08 11:03 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I've only done it once and it was 1 gram between 4 people. I didn't get much off it. It felt like I just had 2 shots of vodka, a little tipsy, but not worth the taste.

--------------------
You swallow propaganda like a birth control pill,
Sellin' your soul to the eye on the back of the dollar bill

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia trips, what happens to you? [Re: heilfire]
    #8051421 - 02/21/08 11:10 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

:lol:

You're aware that doesn't really qualify as a salvia experience, right?  Feeling "a little tipsy" means you didn't get a fully active dose, so I'm not sure how you can evaluate whether or not it was worth the taste.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order