Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineblackegg
...has left the building.
Male User Gallery

Fuck You! I know more about politics than anyone on this forum!
    #8046247 - 02/20/08 07:00 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

:eek:
Now that I've got your attention...

http://patdollard.com/2008/02/aggressive-expressions-of-differences/

WASHINGTON - Temper, temper. Republican John McCain is known for his. He’s been dubbed “Senator Hothead” by more than one publication, but he’s also had some success extracting his hatchet from several foreheads.

Even his Republican Senate colleagues are not spared his sharp tongue.

“Fuck you!” he shouted at Texas Sen. John Cornyn last year.

“Only an asshole would put together a budget like this,” he told the former Budget Committee chairman, Sen. Pete Domenici, in 1999.

“I’m calling you a fucking jerk!” he once retorted to Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley.

With Cornyn, he smoothed things over quickly. The two argued during a meeting on immigration legislation; Cornyn complained that McCain seemed to parachute in during the final stages of negotiations. “Fuck you! I know more about this than anyone else in the room,” McCain reportedly shouted.

Cornyn chuckled at the memory of what he called McCain’s “aggressive expressions of differences.” The Texan has endorsed McCain.

“He almost immediately apologized to me,” Cornyn said last week. “I accepted his apology, and as far as I’m concerned, we’ve moved on down the road.”

The political landscape in Arizona, McCain’s home state, is littered with those who have incurred his wrath. Former Gov. Jane Hull pretended to hold a telephone receiver away from her ear to demonstrate a typical outburst from McCain in a 1999 interview with The New York Times.

McCain has even blown up at volunteers and, on occasion, the average Joe.

He often pokes fun at his reputation: “Thanks for the question, you little jerk,” he said last year to a New Hampshire high school student wondering if McCain, at 71, was too old to be president.

Other times, his ire is all too real. This has prompted questions about whether his temperament is suited to the office of commander-in- chief or whether it might handicap him in a presidential campaign against either Barack Obama or Hillary Rodham Clinton, who are not known for such outbursts.

“I decided I didn’t want this guy anywhere near a trigger,” Domenici told Newsweek in 2000.

His irascibility fits with McCain’s proud image as a straight talker willing to say what people don’t want to hear.

Yet McCain’s temper hinders his efforts to make peace with his critics and rally Republicans behind his candidacy for president. That could be a big problem, because his most persistent foes—conservative radio hosts like Rush Limbaugh and Focus on the Family founder James Dobson—talk to tens of millions of people each day.

McCain and his advisers insist the acrimony is about matters of policy: “We have disagreements on specific issues from time to time,” McCain recently said of his critics.

In fact, the disputes often are as much about style as they are about substance.

McCain’s tone was certainly on Dobson’s mind when he issued a stinging anti-endorsement on Super Tuesday. He mentioned various issues, but Dobson also said the senator “has a legendary temper and often uses foul and obscene language.”

Privately, some conservatives grouse that McCain can seem more convivial toward his liberal colleagues. Just last week, McCain had an animated conversation and shared a belly laugh with liberal Democratic Sen. Ted Kennedy, his partner on controversial immigration reforms, on the Senate floor.

And then there is his choice of words—not just the expletives, but also the use of dismissive phrases such as “agents of intolerance” to describe televangelists Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell during the 2000 presidential campaign.

Yet McCain reconciled with Falwell before his death in 2007 and has done so with many others.

McCain has also smoothed things over with Sen. Thad Cochran, who had said very recently that the idea of McCain as GOP nominee sent a chill down his spine. McCain has battled for years with the Mississippi Republican, a senior member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, over pet projects or “earmarks” inserted by committee members into spending bills.

On the Senate floor last Tuesday, Cochran greeted McCain warmly, with a broad smile and a hug.

Grassley described his relations with McCain as “friendly, but not close.”

“John’s a person that I have a lot of disagreements with, but you’ve got to have a lot of respect for him,” Grassley told reporters recently. “For what he’s done to defend freedom, as a Navy pilot and as a POW, you’ve got to have a lot of respect for him for sticking to his guns, being way out ahead of the president that the policy needed to change in Iraq.”

“I’m not speaking as if I’m a born-again supporter of John McCain, I’m just trying to express it the way that I see him, and maybe some aspects of him being a good president,” Grassley said.

McCain’s defenders are weary of talk about his temperament. They point out that for all the decorum of the Senate, many members are known for raging at colleagues or even throwing shoes and other objects at aides.

For that matter, Dobson, the Focus on the Family founder so concerned about McCain’s “legendary temper,” apparently has a temper of his own. “He once berated one of our staffers to tears because he simply had to wait a few minutes to see the member,” said a Capitol Hill aide who requested anonymity out of deference to his boss. Another aide said he witnessed the scene.

Since he rolled up big victories on Super Tuesday and forced his main rival, Mitt Romney, from the race, McCain has worked quickly to win over his enemies.

He delivered a well-received speech at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington, and he met last week with some of his biggest congressional foes, the uniformly conservative House Republican leadership.

Progress won’t happen overnight, said conservative Republican strategist Greg Mueller.

“I hope they’ll be resolved by the time we all go to convention, but it’s going to take a while to mend some of the wounds and get everybody back together,” Mueller said.

(AP)

--------------------
'Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain and leave the Shroomery.' ~ Jim Morrison

Edited by blackegg (02/20/08 11:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Fuck You! I'm know more about politics than anyone on this forum! [Re: blackegg]
    #8046309 - 02/20/08 07:56 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

You are know more? :strokebeard:

Quote:

“I would be proud to have President Bush campaign for me and support me in any way he feels is appropriate,’’ McCain said, “and I would appreciate it.

Perhaps McCain is so close to death that he doesn't smell it when it approaches? :shrug:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineblackegg
Male User Gallery

Re: Fuck You! I'm know more about politics than anyone on this forum! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8046535 - 02/20/08 09:56 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

You are know more?

???

--------------------
'Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they're wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It's all in how you carry it. That's what matters. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you're letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain and leave the Shroomery.' ~ Jim Morrison

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Fuck You! I'm know more about politics than anyone on this forum! [Re: blackegg]
    #8046666 - 02/20/08 10:34 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Look to your subject. :wink:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#8046673 - 02/20/08 10:36 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Wasn't that same story posted here just a few days ago?

I think the McCain temper angle is overblown as it relates to his being tempermentally fit for office. And his temper pre-dated Vietnam so those who suggest his being tortured made him crazy are mistaken.

Also, many politicians have bad tempers and no one makes as big a deal about it. Take Dick Cheney for example on the floor of the Senate.

"Cheney, who as president of the Senate was present for the picture day, turned to Leahy and scolded the senator over his recent criticism of the vice president for Halliburton's alleged war profiteering.

In response to Cheney, Leahy reminded Cheney that the vice president had once accused him of being a bad Catholic, to which Cheney replied either "fuck off" or "go fuck yourself."

Here is a short video clip of Cheney receiving karma from a resident when Cheney was spouting BS while using the backdrop of Gulfport, MS as a photo op after Katrina:

Edited by zorbman (02/20/08 10:47 AM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Fuck You! I'm know more about politics than anyone on this forum! [Re: zorbman]
    #8046873 - 02/20/08 11:30 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

:rofl2:

Grammar becomes him.

--------------------

Offlineblackegg
Male User Gallery

Re: Fuck You! I'm know more about politics than anyone on this forum! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8046988 - 02/20/08 11:59 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

HahAH!!
:rofl:
That is pretty funny!
:rotfl:
I had no idea what you were talking about.
I made a grammatical error!
hahahaha!
(sigh)
soooo...anyway.

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#8047115 - 02/20/08 12:34 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

It's songbird McCain! The worst of the three televised candidates at the moment.

http://www.namvets.com/Reading/john_mccain_is_no_war_hero.htm

During the past 10 years, I have written a lot of articles about the POW/MIA issue. Aside from a few complaints about the apparent lack of legislative concern, primarily from the Senate side (Fred Upton's office has been very responsive and proactive), I have not as yet involved myself in any serious character assassinations.

This article will change that. For years, people have asked me who I thought was most responsible in Washington, D.C., for undermining genuine efforts at reconciling this issue. While I had definite ideas on the subject, it has taken me this long to compile enough circumstantial evidence to offer an educated opinion on the matter.

The person in Washington has done more to bury the POW/MIA issue than any other elected official is none other than U.S. Sen. John McCain from Arizona. Himself a former POW.

He is portrayed by the establishment press as a "war hero." Often, when I. receive responses from legislators on certain POW-related bills, they tell me in no uncertain terms that their views were heavily influenced by John McCain,

Who can argue with a former POW, after all?

It has been a definite uphill argument for me, I admit. People seem to have already forgotten that he was one of the infamous "Keating Five" and heavily involved in the Savings & Loan scandal years ago. In fact, he was alleged to have been on U.S. Sen. Bob Dole's "short list" of possible vice presidential candidates, and he has barn notably mentioned as a possible presidential candidate in the year 2000.

He did in fact spend six years in captivity during the Vietnam War. It's a tough argument to suggest that he would undermine the PO%V issue.

For years, I was confused by his actions with respect to this issue. He would oppose any POW/MIA related piece of legislation, including the recent Missing Personnel Act, and the bill I sponsored through Fred Upton, the POW/MIA Rescue Act, which would have granted political asylum to any southeast Asian national who brought a living American POW to freedom.

Why would anyone oppose such a bill ... particularly a former POW?

He disagreed with the findings of the 1990 Senate Foreign Relations Committee, which concluded that our government had indeed abandoned some of our men when the war ended. '

Then, in 1991, he was appointed to serve on the long-awaited Senate Select Committee, which was created to investigate the entire issue. Chairman John Kerry wanted to appoint him as co-chairman, but this was greeted by a national uproar from the American Legion, and virtually every national veteran's group in existence who were already suspicious of his previous actions.

U.S. Sen, Bob Smith from New Hampshire was chosen instead, a minor victory at the time by POW activists, .

This particular Senate Committee was single-handedly undermined (in my opinion) by the actions of John McCain. During the course of their several month-long investigation, they heard unbelievable testimony from hundreds of people. No less than four former Secretaries of Defense testified that men were left behind. National Security analysts testified that they tracked the movements of our men long after the war ended. Radio transcripts of American POWs being moved in Laos were recorded in the early 1980s:

There were satellite photos of pilot distress signals taken as recently as 1992, complete with pilot name and authenticator code numbers. Former Soviet Commanders testified that they debriefed our men in the Soviet Union, and even Boris Yeltsin admitted American POWs had been transferred there.

No less than four committee investigators provided the Senators of their estimates ranging from a low of 150 to as many as 600 men who they believed were still alive and in captivity. This doesn't even include the testimony they heard behind closed doors that supposedly endangered our national security.

The conclusions of this committee was that "no credible evidence was provided to support the possibility that Americans were still alive and in captivity," This, despite documents from Soviet Archives that showed that the Vietnamese were holding more than 1,200 American POWs, and released less than 600, John McCain signed his name on this incredibly flawed report.

I was not in Vietnam, and was certainly never a POW, so perhaps it could be argued that moss of this falls in the "there but for the grace of God go I" category, but I'm not the one who is being portrayed as a war hero, a potential presidential candidate, and a spokesman for veterans with respect to this issue.

John McCain is, and as such, his character can and should be examined.

What is the real story behind his days as a POW? The U.S. Veteran Dispatch had an article in June of 1996 entitled "POW Songbird McCain Wrongly Described As A Hero." It recounted numerous instances where John McCain violated the Military Coda of Conduct, which specifically orders American personnel to give the enemy no information other than name, rank, serial number, and date of birth. It requires that they accept no favors from the enemy, and to make no written or oral statement disloyal to the United States.

The fact is, in exchange for better medical treatment, McCain violated this code four days after being captured on Oct. 26, 1967. In a U.S. News and World Report interview dated May 14, 1973, two months after he was released, McCain admitted that he exchanged military information in exchange for spending six weeks in a hospital normally reserve for North Vietnamese Military officers.

U.S. government records show that less than two weeks after he was taken to the hospital, Hanoi's press began quoting specific military information, including the name of the aircraft carrier on which McCain had been based, information about the location of rescue ships and the order of which his attack was supposed to take place. The records demonstrate, according to the Dispatch article that McCain continued to collaborate with the Communists after he recovered from his injuries. He did a number of propaganda broadcasts that were aimed at destroying the moral of American servicemen fighting in the jungles of South Vietnam, On June 4, 1969, a U.S. Wire Service story reported one of McCain's broadcasts.

The service reported "Hanoi has aired a broadcast in which the pilot son of the U.S. Commander in the Pacific, Adm. John McCain purportedly admits to having bombed civilian targets in North Vietnam and praised medical treatment he has received since being taken prisoner."

McCain committed other breaches of the Code of Conduct by meeting with and giving interviews to foreign news reporters and anti American delegations.

McCain admits to talking with numerous high-ranking North Vietnamese leaders, including General Vo Nguyen Giap, their Minister of Defense.

He also did a cozy interview over coffee, oranges, and cake wish a Cuban psychiatrist, which took place in the Hanoi office of the Committee for Foreign Cultural Relations.

He failed to "evade answering questions to the utmost of his ability;" by actually conversing with his interviewer in Spanish.

Perhaps these are some of the reasons why John McCain hip been so instrumental in discounting any suggestion that live prisoners of war still languish in Southeast Asia. It certainly does explain to me why he traveled to Hanoi in May of 1993 with soon-to-be Ambassador to Vietnam Pete Peterson, and convinced the Communist leadership to agree that they would NEVER MAKE PUBLIC THEIR INTERROGATION FILES OF AMERICAN POWs.

It should have made him ineligible to sit in judgment of those men who still wait for freedom. I believe it clearly makes him morally unfit to ever lead this nation, to be the Commander of all our armed forces someday.

Paul E. Ritenberg of Granger. Ind., is a former Niles resident. Readers are invited to submit their opinions for publication.

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Fuck You! I'm know more about politics than anyone on this forum! [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #8047277 - 02/20/08 01:16 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

What toilet bowl did you scrape that from?

And who the hell is Paul E. Ritenberg of Granger, a former Niles resident (wtf?), and why should anyone believe a word he says?

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: Fuck You! I'm know more about politics than anyone on this forum! [Re: zorbman]
    #8047955 - 02/20/08 03:57 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:
What toilet bowl did you scrape that from?

And who the hell is Paul E. Ritenberg of Granger, a former Niles resident (wtf?), and why should anyone believe a word he says?

The moar you know....
You only read it, and (for simplicity's sake) lets assume you are an intelligent human being. There are no negative results (on you) from your exposure to these ideas, unless you happen to be John McCain.

Why should you believe what the Ministry of Mainstream Media tells you through your tube?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Fuck You! I'm know more about politics than anyone on this forum! [Re: Minstrel]
    #8047989 - 02/20/08 04:04 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

If all you got on McCain is some dipshit rambling that the Cong are still holding prisoners you really need to get some kind of hold on reality.  I, myself, cannot prescribe such things but I understand there are public facilities with lots of nice doctors who are happy to help.:syringe:

--------------------

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: Fuck You! I'm know more about politics than anyone on this forum! [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8048045 - 02/20/08 04:18 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
If all you got on McCain is some dipshit rambling that the Cong are still holding prisoners you really need to get some kind of hold on reality.  I, myself, cannot prescribe such things but I understand there are public facilities with lots of nice doctors who are happy to help.:syringe:

No, McCain makes his ugly soul quite public.  What we have on him is warmongering, racism, and childish temper.

But that's not what Americans respond to.

--------------------

Offlineblackegg
Male User Gallery

Re: Fuck You! I'm know more about politics than anyone on this forum! [Re: Minstrel]
    #8050436 - 02/21/08 02:52 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Sex scandals sell...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom