Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJadis
..Just waituntil you seethe bats!
Male User Gallery

Re: Removing WBS Floaters [Re: doc34]
    #8046577 - 02/20/08 10:09 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yep this is all so fascinating. I think I'm becoming obsessed. The past 3-4 days I've been reading hundreds of posts and all about mushrooms/fungi for hours/day. Someday I'll be able to write a library with all the information I'll have learned. Just waiting for my spore syringes to get in and then I'll be able to get some first-hand experience! Thanks!

--------------------
Do you realize that everyone you know someday will die?
And instead of saying all of your goodbyes,
Let them know you realize that life goes fast.
It's hard to make the good things last.
You realize the sun don't go down;
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinnin' round.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledumbfounded1600
Stranger

Re: Removing WBS Floaters [Re: doc34]
    #8046691 - 02/20/08 10:44 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'm against adding vermiculite to grain jars for the simple fact is this:
If you add the vermiculite to the jars if you have excess moisture, it sucks it up...If you have the right moisture it screws it up making the grain content to dry! The trick is to learn to get the right moisture content. Grains should be totally dry on the surface before loading jars. That's all. It's simple. The moisture inside the grains is what you want. Either use a towel to dry after draining, or drain the grains after a simmer, and toss them around in the strainer so the steam can dry the surface.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Removing WBS Floaters [Re: dumbfounded1600]
    #8047012 - 02/20/08 12:06 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

why the hell would you remove the floaters????

You guys are so new that you do not know where/why that practice came up.
If you plan on removing the floaters please ask yourself why first???
You do not know, dont you?

Back in the day when sunflower seeds were thought to be bad they removed them. This was not done right when you added water but after it had been soaking/simmering for a few mins. The majoirty of the sunflower seeds will still be floating while the millet sink. So you will be removing 90% of the sunflower seed.

But first, ask your self why you are doing this?

SO why do we remove the sunflower seed. I posted an in depth thread about it just 2-3 days ago

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures