Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinekloK
ShRoOmEr!ShRoOmIn

Loc: La La Land
What is this
    #794277 - 08/03/02 11:34 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i been eating this green slimy goo on my mushrooms and it gives a rather mellow buzz pls let me know if u know what this is

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: What is this [Re: kloK]
    #794288 - 08/03/02 11:39 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

is it mushroom snot?

OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

#794751 - 08/03/02 05:52 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

That is Probably some poison kicking it, you will most likey feel sudden sharp pains in your stomach area, and soon stop breathing and all that good stuff. But really i have no clue, if its "green" you shouldnt really eat it unless its weed, brussle sprouts, lettuce, and all those other green vegtables

OfflinekloK
ShRoOmEr!ShRoOmIn

Loc: La La Land
    #796042 - 08/04/02 02:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i grow p.cube eq's and this green slimy stuff always seems to grow on them ive been eating the slime stuff for like 2 months now and it give a real mellow pot like buzz i donno wtf it is but i know it aint poison cuz im not dead pls if anyone else has has had this grow on ur mushrooms let me know and if u have eatin it even better give me info i need and crave info about this pls let me know what this stuff is or im gonna go insane in the membrane! wow i sure have typed alot and i cant stop mayb cuz im trippin mayb cuz not but i saw this show on tv bout being insane and some guy jumps off a cliff cuz his girlfriend beats him with a bamboo pole then the other day i was walking along this rainbow and i fell off and felt like that guy did when his girl was beating him ive been watching the stars and the moon but i see no future for us all then boom the apocalpse oh man i cant fuckin stop typing my fingers wont stop lol someone please tell me what to do before my fingers break off or something mayb im going insane or something like that guy who dies along time ago feel free to comment on this post cuz i sure would if i were you thanks and have a great night

Offlineravingbanana
Every Girl'sSexual Desire

#796046 - 08/04/02 02:54 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

The only thing I can tell you is that you're not an experiances mycologist so I wouldn't recommend eating any strange growths on your mushrooms.

--------------------
If Bin Laden eats worms.. Would he be equal to nutritional value of worm castings?
If you could have sex with a person's voice.. Your voice would be the one I'd pick to rape.
Don't worry.. I have a seven inch penis.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #796281 - 08/04/02 04:42 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

if you havent already, i would recomend asking in the contam forum.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #796687 - 08/04/02 08:40 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Shroomie Cultivators are always afraid of contams, especially bacteria when still on jars and green mold when birthing, among other contams. Its weird that you havent heard of it before. As far as i know, green isnt the right color for shroomies. Slimy also is not a word that goes well with mushrooms. Here is my 3-step advice:

1 STOP EATING GREEN SLIMY MOLD
2 Take some pic and post it in the contamination forum, wait for some serious responses.
3 DO NOT EAT GREEN SLIMY MOLD AGAIN

Thank God you are still well in your health.

TAKE CARE. Cultivating mushrooms is NOT like cultivating beans. There are serious hazards hidden there. Take every step with care and check everything twice prior to smelling and putting anything in your stomach.

PEACE

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

Offlineravingbanana
Every Girl'sSexual Desire

Re: What is this [Re: kykeon]
    #796692 - 08/04/02 08:45 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Especially if it's growing on a lot of shrooms.. It could be a serious health hazard in the future.. not all poisonous bacteria cause effects immediately.. eventually some mold can cause cancer of many sorts..

--------------------
If Bin Laden eats worms.. Would he be equal to nutritional value of worm castings?
If you could have sex with a person's voice.. Your voice would be the one I'd pick to rape.
Don't worry.. I have a seven inch penis.

Invisiblevkk_
DNA Timebomb

Loc: Planet Erf, Yo.
Re: What is this [Re: kykeon]
    #796701 - 08/04/02 08:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Fresh cubes usually have slimy caps, but green is nicht gut.

--------------------
I remember, the first time, I... smoked DMT.

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: What is this [Re: ravingbanana]
    #796703 - 08/04/02 08:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, u r so right, there is no standard effects, as we dont know for sure what the f*** is this... but there is no actual need to cause any panic right now. Perhaps he is lucky for being color-blind lol

Anyway, i think someone should bump again that thread with this poor guy who almost died of smelling a contaminated jar... it is funny that some people dont take necessary precautions, right? I mean we are all adults, we do something somehow extreme, there is no need to do it with our eyes closed!

Peace

Kykeon
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

OfflineCaliChronic
Loc: Gulf Coast, USA
    #803731 - 08/08/02 01:48 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

there are such things as periods and commas, Klok....lol

--------------------
overgrow

Invisiblepsyconaut
NASA trainedpsychonaut
Loc: The Great White North
    #804223 - 08/08/02 08:30 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I can tell you exactly what it is. It's slime mold (I'm not joking, that's the common name for it).

It's toxic in large-ish amounts and you're not very bright at all for eating it. It's also a sign that your growing conditions are far less than optimal -- too much moisture, too many foreign bodies entering the growing environment.

Stop eating it.

-psyco

--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: What is this [Re: psyconaut]
    #804454 - 08/08/02 10:17 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

psychonaut, not all slime moulds are poisonous, some are even edible, though none are very apealing.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#806242 - 08/09/02 04:26 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Green and slimy, if it's not moldy, is likely a Pseudomonas primary infection accompanied by any number of other bacteria thriving under the biofilm that the Pseudomonas [an obligate aerobe] creates.

So you're eating a hodgepodge, any psycho response is just that. Or a light allergic reaction.

Dig in, have fun man.

Invisiblegregre
    #839599 - 08/24/02 12:37 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If I would give you a pile of shit, would you eat it? Your killing yourself you dumbshit!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck