Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblep4kSouL
Animals Are Cool

Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: SleepyF0x]
    #8038612 - 02/18/08 03:55 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

For the people that dont know. Yes you can black out on mushrooms. I had the exact same thing happen to me. I was standing it was about 3-4 hours in, world started swirling. Before I knew it I collapse and smashed my head on the concrete. My friends where trying to wake me up, they said I was PALE, and my eyes where rolled in the back of my head. I thought I was dieing. It faded away I got up ran to a water fountain to drink some water, fainted again my friend caught me. The rest of the night sucked. Scared that my life was going to die any second. Not only that my emotions where cranked up x10 because of the shrooms. SCARED THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME.

This is what I think caused it.

I FASTED
Maybe something with the orange juice? Im not sure about that.

I had no food in my system, and from what I have learned shrooms DO effect you physically. They fuck with your blood pressures, blood sugars something in that area. And I have been told by a doctor one time that I have low blood pressure.

I also have a good friend that took a handful of mushrooms. He ended up in the hospital, friends said he was having seizures, or something.

This is my advice. DONT FAST. Always make sure that you food in your system before you trip, you want to be healthy and you want to be safe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRam Dass
Challenger
Male

Loc: 2000 Feet Under the Sea
    #8038863 - 02/18/08 04:52 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I was at a concert with a friend. My friend was tripping and he passed out, turned out he was just dehydrated and was fine when he got a drink. You said that you felt sweaty with no perspiration so its a possibility.
peace

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: Ram Dass]
    #8038888 - 02/18/08 04:58 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i didnt even know your eyes could roll into the back of your head.

that alone is scary.

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

OfflinementalIMAGE
21st Century Schizoid Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: igwna]
    #8038972 - 02/18/08 05:16 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, like p4k said, don't fast! Also, if you're fasting, do yourself a giant favour and don't smoke pot. I have passed out twice because of doing that, and the second time was on mushrooms. I managed to catch myself the second time and just relax.

You CAN catch yourself before you black out. Find a cool, shaded area to sit (if you're outside), and sit the fuck down fast. Do some regulated breathing exercises, and just chill for a couple minutes, at least until everything is back to normal. You're not gonna die, your body is just telling you that you should eat.. but in the most unpleasant way possible.

If you're fainting, you've pushed it too far so grab some food and try to relax. What's more important, your body, or the trip?

--------------------

We are always acting on what has just finished happening. It happened at least 1/30th of a second ago. We think we're in the present, but we aren't. The present we know is only a movie of the past.
Ken Kesey

Invisiblebinarycircuit
Stranger
    #8042173 - 02/19/08 10:16 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

KrishnaDreamer said:smoking can cause you to pass out from lack of oxygen and standing up to fast. so stfu binarycircuit.

No shit. The thing is noone was smoking when it happened so how about you learn to read before you start running your cum bucket.

Has it ever happened to you? Because I dont see you adding your experience... Maybe you are the one who needs to stfu :rolleyes:

k thx bye :stoned:

InvisibleSleepyF0x
I bleed nicotine...
Male

Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: binarycircuit]
    #8043433 - 02/19/08 04:01 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

the dude said he smoked, he didn't specify whether or not he smoked directly before he passed out or not.

and yes, i know for a fact that it can happen. stfu.

ps. and yes, dehydration and overheating can cause it too.

--------------------
Everybody's a ninja...

Offlinepublicenemy1
Dr. Funkenstein
Male

Loc: Cumberland Mine Flag
    #8044588 - 02/19/08 08:15 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i had a seizure or blacked out or something one time when i ate two hits of really good blotter. i don't quite remember whether i had been eating or not (my gut is no) but i did just have a glass of water and i was feeling "fine" just tripping really hard. i started to walk away from the fridge after putting the water back and all i remember is a whole kaleidoscope play of colors. my friends said it sounded like a dead body hitting the floor. when i came to i was incredibly sweaty and pale and my friends told me i had a seizure or something... said i was shaking on the floor. after i came to though, there were few times that ive felt this good. i don't think anything of it now although i probably should. it was incredibly weird and random. peace

i also smoked copious amounts of weed... as always. so that could have also added to it.

--------------------
BE HERE NOW

Edited by publicenemy1 (02/19/08 08:16 PM)

Offlineshedontusejelly
Stranger
Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: publicenemy1]
    #9924281 - 03/06/09 05:24 PM (15 years, 25 days ago)

I have had this happen twice to me. in the first instance (i ate 4 grams of shrooms and drank 2 grams worth of shroom tea) i got up to go to the bathroom. got into the bathroom and, naturally, got stuck looking at the mirror. and thats the last thing i remimber. i woke up like 2 minutes later on the floor in the bathroom confused as shit. i was drenched in sweat (i did not have a dry sweat, i was soaking wet). when i came out of the bathroom everyone gave me these crazy looks because apparently i was pale as an egg and just pouring sweat. this happend probably about 4 to 5 hours into our trip.

In the second instance (i ate just an 8th of shrooms this time), me and my friend were standing in his room when all of a sudden i got really tired, almost weak feeling. i went and sat down on a stool (bad idea, sit in a low chair if you can). thats the last thing i remimber. from what my friend tells me i just fell face first into the floor. I then convolsed for about 15 seconds and my eyes rolled in the back of my head. just as fast as it started, it was over. i jumped up off the ground and sat down on his bed. I was drenched in sweat and pale as an egg again. this happened probably about 4 to 5 hours in again.

i had been smoking marijuana both times but the last hit i took before i fainted was probably about 30 minutes before i passed out.

i know it wasnt the shrooms, everyone else was fine.

i have my blood pressure checked regularly and it is almost always perfectly normal.

I have eaten mushrooms plenty of times before this with no problems.

i did notice that in both instances it happend right at the end of my peak, i dont know if this may have something to do with it.

ps. sorry about the shitty writing, and bringing up a dead thread... i just wanna get to the bottom of this...

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: shedontusejelly]
    #9925581 - 03/06/09 09:17 PM (15 years, 25 days ago)

happens to my sister too. she deems it normal cause each time it happens it doesnt REALLY bother her. just the people around her

so she remedies it by not taking as much or being in an area where this little otherworldy session can physically harm her.

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

Edited by igwna (03/06/09 09:17 PM)

Offlinenotserious
Subie Rally Tripper

Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: p4kSouL]
    #9926402 - 03/07/09 12:18 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

ok well first of all, if you have problems with blood sugar and/or are hypoglycemic, if you fast, your blood sugar will be very low, and orange juice, will shoot your blood sugar straight up, but the other side of that is that it will come straight down, and that i think, may have been your problem.  i am a hypoglycemic and i have fainted many times from not eating enough.

OfflineXog
Jumpgate Pilot
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: NY
    #9926752 - 03/07/09 01:50 AM (15 years, 25 days ago)

I believe the answer is simple: Sometimes the body is just weird.

We had this asian girl over at a hotel party one night with me and my friends. She had 1 beer and passed out unconscious, puking, and barely able to walk.

ONE BEER.

She doesn't have low blood sugar or anything, we all looked into it. The next week she had an entire bottle of vodka to herself and was drunk like the rest of us :\

--------------------
We are all one but not really :laugh:

Offlinescrltbgnia9
Stranger
    #10818441 - 08/07/09 03:38 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Wow I'm so happy to know this happens to other, not that it happens to you poor folks but that I'm not the only one. I've passed out(fainted) more than a few times during my childhood, nothing serious, dehydration, blood sugar maybe. I'm also experienced with substances. I've done shrooms probably more than 30x. Most times I don't pass out, but sometimes I do. I've noticed that is usually ALWAYS within 15 minutes after smoking weed, other times it has been from not drinking enough water. I have found that water is ALWAYS the solution, even if I've had enough water, slamming a bottle of it and having some splashed on my face always makes me feel better. Since it has happened a few times now I know when it is coming on, sitting or laying down is the best preventative measure I can take, when I do pass out it is never for more than 10 seconds, my eyes roll back and I usually see INTENSE visuals, then I hear my bf or friends calling my name and I snap out of it. I'm always fine afterward, I sometimes feel a little exhausted or just weirded out but nothing serious. I'm guessing that this just happens to some people and it is a combination of causes.

OfflineTheLizardKing23
Night Tripper

Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: scrltbgnia9]
    #10818645 - 08/07/09 04:08 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It's all about being hydrated man. I almost fainted once and I was just mad high on bud. I was at a concert and once I got a drink I was fine. I haven't come close to fainting on mushrooms but I did feel dehydrated once and after I drank I was fine.

I think it is safe to say that your chance of fainting while tripping is increased if you don't eat/drink and if you smoke weed.

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: TheLizardKing23]
    #10818766 - 08/07/09 04:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

this has happened to me twice... both times right after smoking weed

first time I got off the couch to grab a glass of water cuz my mouth was so dry I couldn't even talk...  got the jug of water from the fridge, went to pour into my glass on the table, then I remember everything fading to black... I woke up under the table with my ass sticking in the air and my face on the ground twitching, soaking wet... thought I pissed myself but it was just from the jug of water :lol:

second time I was just sittin on the couch, we just finished smoking some really good weed, I felt things getting a little fuzzy for a few minutes then I'm coming to and my head's on my roomates shoulder.. I was like WTF??... as were they... I was totally fine after that and ate more mushrooms

I've seen it happen to a buddy as well... right after a joint... no idea why it happens but it seems weed may have something to do with it :shrug:

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: LuSiD9]
    #10818777 - 08/07/09 04:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I think I'm gonna make poll about this... I'm curious as to how common it is.

--------------------

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #10818888 - 08/07/09 04:43 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineDonYonda
Stranger
    #11329978 - 10/27/09 07:18 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I know this is a super old thread, but I had this happen to me this past weekend. The weird thing is that everyone here seems to have passed out for a minute or two tops, but I was completely blacked out for about 7 hours. I was awake I guess, but I was completely unresponsive to any outside stimulus and I don't remember anything that was going on outside of my head. I was also having the most insanely bad trip I've ever heard of or read about, so that probably had something to do with it. Oh, and now I keep getting flashbacks/panic attacks whenever I go to sleep. Swell!

Offlinecalm
Stranger

Loc: philthadumpia
Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: DonYonda]
    #11330055 - 10/27/09 07:54 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've had seizures during mushroom trips before, and sensory overload to the point of *feeling* like I passed out. But I never have actually just fainted out of nowhere.

--------------------

OfflineDoseInTheWoods3420
LSD Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: wherever im needed Flag
Re: Fainting under shrooms... [Re: calm]
    #11332128 - 10/27/09 02:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i was tripping for my first time a few years ago. i took a half eigth and during the peek all my vision was turing into static like on tv. i was standing at the top of a staircase so i grabbed on the the railing when it started happening. then i could hear the sound of something tumbeling down the stares. my mind thought i was still standing at the top. then i  could hear my name being yelled and i realized that i must have fallen. i had fallen down about 6 stairs straight back. could have been alot worse if i hadnt landed on a pile of shoes.
same thing happened to a friend of mine while were walking down the street. he fell back and i caught his head about an inch from hitting the cement.

--------------------

You're either on the bus, or off the bus
everything i say is complete and utter bulshit :wink:

OfflineSpiral11235
Stranger

#11332423 - 10/27/09 03:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This same thing happened to me the last time I ate shrooms. But it was only about 30 minutes in, I think it had something to do with fasting and not enough water. But my vision just faded to black and I fell on the floor, twice, throwing up the second time (first time I've ever thrown up on mushrooms :S).

It was very disconcerting..

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds