Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: wiggles]
    #8084509 - 02/29/08 12:43 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Hug the curb and stay out of the middle of the road.

Unless you like getting run over

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: niteowl]
    #8084528 - 02/29/08 12:49 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Hug the curb and stay out of the middle of the road.

Unless you like getting run over

"Hug potholes, debris, busting your tires, all while trying to make it easy for some teenage slut to text on her cellphone while she's missing her first class of the day."

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: GnuBobo]
    #8084567 - 02/29/08 12:58 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Either use a mountain bike or stfu!

Driving a bike down the middle of the road is STUPID. :imslow:

There are cars driving down the middle of the road. Bikes are much smaller and can easily drive along the edge of the road........I have done it. It ain't that freaking hard to do ya'll.

Riding your bike down the middle of the road is just asking to get run over IMO

--------------------

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

#8084583 - 02/29/08 01:02 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

No, fuckface. You take a left turn--you hang to the middle of the center line. Otherwise, you get relegated off to the right, where all the shit is.

Pretty clear if you do this commute everyday, who the hell wants to ride on shit-cracked asphalt?

--------------------

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #8084590 - 02/29/08 01:04 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Either use a mountain bike or stfu!

Driving a bike down the middle of the road is STUPID. :imslow:

There are cars driving down the middle of the road. Bikes are much smaller and can easily drive along the edge of the road........I have done it. It ain't that freaking hard to do ya'll.

Riding your bike down the middle of the road is just asking to get run over IMO

pretty much everyone on the planet realizes this. even most of the cyclists in this thread realize it. still, there are a handful of them who are either a) not very bright b) pricks or in some cases both.

they remind me of the militant non-smokers and anti-abortion crowd bill hicks used to refer to, only twice as dumb.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: GnuBobo]
    #8084620 - 02/29/08 01:12 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

GnuBobo said:
No, fuckface.  You take a left turn--you hang to the middle of the center line.

Where you get your ass run over.:lolz0rz:

Quote:

Otherwise, you get relegated off to the right, where all the shit is.

Right where you need to be IMO

--------------------

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #8084677 - 02/29/08 01:28 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

wiggles said:

And yes, I mean kill me. See, theres this formula in physics called "force"
You calculate it by taking mass (in my case, a 170lb rider and a bike... in a drivers case, one tun of steel and fiber glass), times velocity (about 35 in both cases). One ton times 35 miles per hour = dead cyclist.

I consider every car I see as a potential chance for me to get killed, because 99.9% of drivers don't pay any attention. Don't believe me? Think about it next time you fiddle with your radio and aren't looking at the road. Or the next time you miss a car in your blind spot. You have metal, airbags, and a safety harness.

I have pavement.

If you miss a car in your blind spot you'll fuck up your car.
If you miss me in your blind spot, I'm dead.

that's the risk you run for riding a bike on a crowded street full of cars, that was designed for cars, and that's your choice to do that. your personal danger doesn't give you the right to slow everyone else down by blocking traffic. why can't you seem to grasp that? the roads were designed for cars, that's why they are the width of cars. get it?

when i see someone driving around in a miata i think to myself "that guys really fucked if he gets in an accident" same thing goes for you, only to a much greater extent. i don't think to myself "oh no, a miata! we all better slow down because his car isn't very safe!! be careful everyone, here comes a miata!!" you don't get any special treatment, and why should you if you're just going to be an inconsideate prick about eveything anyway?

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #8084704 - 02/29/08 01:36 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

:congrats:
Well said

--------------------

Offlineimpgl
CrimethINCspecial agent
 User Gallery

Loc: california!
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: dudemanstan]
    #8084737 - 02/29/08 01:48 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dudemanstan said:
cyclists = ghey

motorcyclists however, my kind of people. 

i have both, dumb ass :albanomario:

--------------------
omg really?

InvisibleGnuBobo
 User Gallery

#8084768 - 02/29/08 02:02 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Quote:

GnuBobo said:
No, fuckface.  You take a left turn--you hang to the middle of the center line.

Where you get your ass run over.:lolz0rz:

Quote:

Otherwise, you get relegated off to the right, where all the shit is.

Right where you need to be IMO

It's called law, and general decency.  I honestly do not know how better to explain it.  :shrug:

Hmm--sort of funny this is in the Pub, and yet we get lots of asshole motorists failing to understand a bicyclists' perspective.  Way to go on your hippie ideals, people.  Best Policy Evar.

--------------------

Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #8085139 - 02/29/08 07:37 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JonnyOnTheSpot said:
Quote:

wiggles said:

And yes, I mean kill me. See, theres this formula in physics called "force"
You calculate it by taking mass (in my case, a 170lb rider and a bike... in a drivers case, one tun of steel and fiber glass), times velocity (about 35 in both cases). One ton times 35 miles per hour = dead cyclist.

I consider every car I see as a potential chance for me to get killed, because 99.9% of drivers don't pay any attention. Don't believe me? Think about it next time you fiddle with your radio and aren't looking at the road. Or the next time you miss a car in your blind spot. You have metal, airbags, and a safety harness.

I have pavement.

If you miss a car in your blind spot you'll fuck up your car.
If you miss me in your blind spot, I'm dead.

that's the risk you run for riding a bike on a crowded street full of cars, that was designed for cars, and that's your choice to do that. your personal danger doesn't give you the right to slow everyone else down by blocking traffic. why can't you seem to grasp that? the roads were designed for cars, that's why they are the width of cars. get it?

when i see someone driving around in a miata i think to myself "that guys really fucked if he gets in an accident" same thing goes for you, only to a much greater extent. i don't think to myself "oh no, a miata! we all better slow down because his car isn't very safe!! be careful everyone, here comes a miata!!" you don't get any special treatment, and why should you if you're just going to be an inconsideate prick about eveything anyway?

That street was designed for carts and horses. Around here the streets have been in place since the 1600 and 1700's so how exactly did they telepathically design them for cars? It later grew. The only streets not designed for all street vehicles are major highways/expressways/interstates.
If you're not on one of those, you are wrong. Don't believe me? Call the police department or department of transit and ask. But hey, I guess those 'share the road' signs they have all over mean that you are right, and the road is cars only.

Also, whoever said 'mountain bike only' really doesn't know very much about bikes. A mountain bike is for a mountain, or trail riding. A road/street bike is very different, lighter, often has different gear ratios to allow for faster acceleration, and tends to be very fragile when dealing with things like potholes, etc because of the way the tires are designed. Its meant to be ridden in the middle of the lane.

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8085265 - 02/29/08 08:48 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

While the law gives you equal rights to the road, common sense states otherwise. To whomever was quoting physics and force:

I drive a small European car. I know if I get in an accident with a car significantly bigger than mine I will be fucked. Hence, when I'm driving, Semi-Trailers and large trucks/suv are given the right of way. If I see a big ass truck that's doing something I think is dangerous I GTFO of the way. My point is that even though I share an equal right to the road as these vehicles, I will definitely yield to them, and even pull over if necessary to avoid getting my car destroyed and myself hurt. EVEN IF I HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY and something happens to threaten me, I will yield. I don't understand why you folks on bikes who are so much more vulnerable to being fucked up by vehicles drive more aggresively than I do in my car! Similarly, if I'm driving a motorcycle I move the fuck out of the way of everybody! Same if I'm on a bike. I think your special clip shoes and tight, bright pink clothes are cutting off circulation to your brain somehow.

Whenever possible I try to accomodate cyclists on the road, but I fucking hate getting on a 1 lane each way 55mph road with some jackhole in the middle of the lane riding 25mph with a fucking line of cars behind him. In this situation I will do my best to pass, and will probably NOT be quite as concerned about their safety. If you move to the right and yield to the larger vehicles everyone can continue at their given speed. Just because you don't want to go faster than 25mph doesn't mean everybody else doesn't. My biggest problem with bicyclists is that they require everybody to come down to their level if they are being douchebags. As previously said, when I'm going somewhere in my car I think, "okay, it'll take 15 minutes for me to get there." Based on the speed limits of the road. Whoever brought up comments like, "Why are you in such a hurry to get somewhere?" needs to stfu. I'm in a hurry because I'm in a hurry. When I drive my car and I'm not in a hurry I drive in the slow lane and drive defensively so as to not slow anybody else down! Be consciencous! I don't mind sharing the road! I DO mind having to slow down for 10 minutes because some prick won't move over a litle.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: circularvortex]
    #8085336 - 02/29/08 09:12 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

:congrats:

--------------------

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #8085363 - 02/29/08 09:23 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

If anyone blatantly keys my car in front of me I will try to kill them. I would lose it with someone showing me that much gross disrespect. Your faggot little bicycle laws won't save you.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: Cowgold]
    #8085583 - 02/29/08 10:40 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

If a cyclist can keep up the pace of traffic,(35-45mph) then I have no problem letting them ride down the middle of the street.

More power to ya.

If they can't.........they need to get the fuck out of the way.

--------------------

Offlinevinylcassett
Beat Master General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shapoopy
    #8085686 - 02/29/08 11:00 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

this thread is fucking retarded...

I thought people had more respect for bike commuters.

I guess in my town its not that big of a deal.. Almost every road has a bike lane that is not full of potholes and gravel.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: vinylcassett]
    #8085730 - 02/29/08 11:08 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

vinylcassett said:
this thread is fucking retarded...

I thought people had more respect for bike commuters.

I guess in my town its not that big of a deal.. Almost every road has a bike lane that is not full of potholes and gravel.

Good to see that there are communities that are accommodating cyclists.  Maybe all cyclists should move there and leave the motor roads for motorists.  :crankey:

My bias is for what I'm driving at the moment.  It all comes down to courtesy from everyone on the road.  I don't have a preconceived attitude toward either because I automatically assume that  given the chance, everyone will be courteous.

Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8085741 - 02/29/08 11:10 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cowgold said:
If anyone blatantly keys my car in front of me I will try to kill them. I would lose it with someone showing me that much gross disrespect. Your faggot little bicycle laws won't save you.

And if he keys your car because you tried to kill him by bumping his rear tire, you are an attempted murderer and deserve to be in front of a firing squad.

Sounds fair to me.

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
    #8085766 - 02/29/08 11:16 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Sadly my motivation for not bumping you off the road has nothing to do with your well being, you just happen to benefit. I wouldn't bump someone's bike because it would damage my car. Keying someone's car or any other type of vandalism is how an immature person handles their problems. It's probably the reason they're riding a bike.

Offlinevinylcassett
Beat Master General
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shapoopy
    #8085781 - 02/29/08 11:21 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cowgold said:
Sadly my motivation for not bumping you off the road has nothing to do with your well being, you just happen to benefit. I wouldn't bump someone's bike because it would damage my car. Keying someone's car or any other type of vandalism is how an immature person handles their problems. It's probably the reason they're riding a bike.

someones immature because they ride a bike? Ur crazy

I ride a bike because of gas prices and parking costs.
Its also environmentally friendly. which is not really a reason for me but a plus.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate