Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next >
OfflineAnt89
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: Colbadol]
    #24283068 - 04/30/17 01:54 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Colbadol said:
no.

no.

nothing, absolutely nothing gives you the right to throw bottles at cyclists. Have you ever crashed a bike @ 25mph landing headfirst onto concrete? or worse, in the middle of a pack of other cyclists?

share the road. it's compromise. it's law. it's good natured. relax man. slow down your life. if youre in such a hurry that you cant wait 10 seconds for room to pass a couple cyclists then you might want to think about loosening your schedule.

cyclists riding in a group arent trying to save the world. It's exercise; the best form of, in fact. Nothing is better than cycling if you want to keep a low body fat without destroying your knees. Cyclists dont ride in the gutter because that part of the road is always full of rocks and chips which easily flat a thin road tire @ 100psi.

be carefule, indica. If you make the first move of violence you better be prepared to get whats comin. Someone will get your plate and get the law on your or chase you down. I know some cyclists who can sprint up to 38mph, and if theyre drafting you can reach 45+. If you ever threw a glass bottle at me, I would follow you until you go inside a building and slash all of your tires or go underneath your car and drain all of your oil out. I wouldnt do this because you drive a car. I would do this because youre a fucking asshole who took the first step.

All of you need to lighten up and remember that youre piloting potential murder weapons. How irresponsible of you to lose your temper while in position to kill another. You would injure someone just for making you have to think "uh oh, someone is in the road, i should go around." HOW MUCH OF AN INCONVENIENCE. There are many stories on cycling message boards of people who have been hit by motorists...get into their shoes, youll learn some perspective.

Swimming shits on cycling as far as excercise and poses no potential joint ingury. You also wont get hit by a big ass heavy car...or fall off the fucking bike

Ride your bikes on the sidewalk or in the woods. I love bike riding. But its almost like these cyclists are trying to prove something, especially here in Portland.

I love cycling, but get the fuck out of my way

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:whathesaid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecrackbaby
shitpost aficionado
Male

Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: Great Scott]
    #24283174 - 04/30/17 04:37 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

PeyoteZen said:
Quote:

indica said:
There are no words to describe the rage that exists inside me when I see a bunch of cyclists riding two abreast on a one lane street, about 2 meters away from the gutter

GET OFF THE FUCKING ROAD OR RIDE SINGLE FILE AND MOVE THE FUCK OVER

YOU FUCKERS ARE ABUSING A ROAD FOR WHICH MY TAXES PAY FOR, YOU DO NOT REGISTER YOUR BIKES AND THEREFORE DO NOT PAY TAXES TO THE ROAD. DRIVERS/MOTORCYCLISTS HAVE RIGHT OF WAY OVER YOU! I DONT GIVE A FUCK IF YOU SAY YOU'RE SAVING THE WORLD WITH CARBON FUCKING EMISSIONS, YOU FUCKERS ARE USING A PURPOSE BUILT ROAD THAT IS A MODE OF TRANSPORTATION, NOT YOUR FUCKING CYCLING TRACK.

THEREFORE I JUSTIFY MY RIGHT TO THROW GLASS BOTTLES AND RUBBISH AT YOU.

GET THE FUCK OFF MY ROAD OR RIDE SINGLE FILE... AND IF YOU GET HIT BY A FUCKING CAR ON A 100KM/H STRETCH OF ROAD IT'S YOUR OWN FUCKING FAULT FOR FUCKING WITH SOLID 1-TONNE VEHICLES THAT ARE TRAVELLING 10X FASTER THAN YOU ARE.

GET FUCKED

ALSO, YOU ARE NOT CARBON FRIENDLY, YOUR SPORT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISRUPTION OF MILLIONS OF MOTORISTS IN FRANCE, ALSO HELICOPTERS, COUNTLESS CARS AND MOTORBIKES ARE USED IN BROADCASTING AND TAKING CARE OF YOUR STUPID FUCKING SPORT, SO GET FUCKED... YOU ARE JUST AS BAD AS THE CARS YOU SAY ARE DIRTY,

ALSO, THE LAST THING I WANT TO SEE IS YOUR ASS IN TIGHTS CLENCHED OVER A BIKE SEAT WHEN I AM STUCK BEHIND YOU DOING 30KM/H

SO AGAIN, I SAY GET THE FUCK OFF THE ROAD AND EAT A BOX OF COCKS, YOU ARROGANT FAGGOT ARSEHOLES

that is all

I totally agree.

Me too.

--------------------
:awedance:

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: crackbaby]
    #24283179 - 04/30/17 04:47 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

this topic is ten years old wtf :lol:

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: Colbadol] * 1
    #24283184 - 04/30/17 05:00 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Colbadol said:
All of you need to lighten up and remember that youre piloting potential murder weapons. How irresponsible of you to lose your temper while in position to kill another. You would injure someone just for making you have to think "uh oh, someone is in the road, i should go around." HOW MUCH OF AN INCONVENIENCE. There are many stories on cycling message boards of people who have been hit by motorists...get into their shoes, youll learn some perspective.

Seriously.

There was a guy in my area who police were searching for because he was trying to run over bicyclists with his car. I can't imagine being so self-righteous and selfish that you feel like you deserve to kill somebody just because you feel like you deserve the road more.

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: Ant89]
    #24283231 - 04/30/17 06:42 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Ride your bikes on the sidewalk or in the woods.

You aren't allowed to do that, here: sidewalks are for pedestrians. I have actually been stopped by cops before, just for riding on the sidewalk. "I'm only on the sidewalk because of all the crazy drivers!" I said to him. "Yeah, well we all have to obey the laws" was his only response :nonono:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleOhMrJohnson
Modern Day Alchemist

Loc: Terra Incognita Flag
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: trendal]
    #24283239 - 04/30/17 06:55 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

That's how it is here in Denver for the most part

Then again there's a big dif between cyclists who actually follow the rules of the road & keep to the side versus cyclists who just don't give a fuck and ride recklessly

It's not hard to ride in harmony with the traffic, you just gotta keep your wits about you

--------------------

Diminish the sub-principle and leave its toxic trace..
Once and for all!

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: OhMrJohnson]
    #24283250 - 04/30/17 07:02 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

The exact same can be said for drivers :wink:

Note: I'm a recovering bicyclist who now drives everywhere I have to go

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: Canadian Jesus]
    #24283251 - 04/30/17 07:04 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Canadian Jesus said:
Road cyclists can be quite rude. I'm not talking about the ones in town who follow the rules of the road and stick to the side. The ones I hate are clad in spandex and ride in flocks taking up both lanes of 80Km/h roads in between towns. They never move off to the side and ride in single file. They either make you drive behind them at their 25Km/h speed or make you lay on your horn and force your way around them. It's not bad when it's only 1 or 2 riding down the county roads, that's fine, but why do they need to ride in groups of 10-15 and act like they own the highway? Those roads were built specifically for cars. There's no shortage of biking trails in the area.

I totally see both sides of this argument, but I have seen the side of spandex in groups being correlated with arrogance.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: MagicMush123] * 1
    #24283254 - 04/30/17 07:08 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
You mean in cities like mine. Where they actually take out an entire lane  to separate for cylists? Or dead end roads on purpose for cars can't use them? I like how cities like mine spend millions to accommodate cyclists yet cyclists contribute nothing to roadways.. not mention the insurance spikes from cyclists getting injured

It is not actually the case that cyclists contribute nothing to roadways. For that to be true, it would mean that all cyclists paid no taxes whatsoever. Motorists do pay additional taxes, but automobiles also contribute disproportionately to road wear.

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: psi]
    #24283263 - 04/30/17 07:17 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Semi trucks are most responsible for tearing the roads up, but they pay heavy taxes to fix the roads. Up here in the upper Midwest, they say there are two seasons; winter and road construction.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

Invisibledeucedbi9
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: psi] * 1
    #24283378 - 04/30/17 08:36 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

psi said:
Quote:

MagicMush123 said:
You mean in cities like mine. Where they actually take out an entire lane  to separate for cylists? Or dead end roads on purpose for cars can't use them? I like how cities like mine spend millions to accommodate cyclists yet cyclists contribute nothing to roadways.. not mention the insurance spikes from cyclists getting injured

It is not actually the case that cyclists contribute nothing to roadways. For that to be true, it would mean that all cyclists paid no taxes whatsoever. Motorists do pay additional taxes, but automobiles also contribute disproportionately to road wear.

...Or that cyclists are not also drivers.
Iv'e seen plenty of cars with the bicycle racks mounted on the back. :facepalm3:

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

OfflineAnt89
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: deucedbi9]
    #24285745 - 05/01/17 01:06 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Seriously if 2 cyclists are riding side by side in the road they are dumb as fuck. Its asking for trouble. Ride single file only.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2:
:whathesaid:

Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: indica] * 1
    #24285761 - 05/01/17 01:15 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Are you insane? If I had a car, and cyclists got too close to me, I would never dream of getting angry at them. I'll never understand how people can be like that.

OfflineBrown Buffalo
paisley superstar
Male

Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: Ant89]
    #24285768 - 05/01/17 01:18 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

in my country if you pass a cyclist without leaving 5 ft from your vehicle to his bike you get 700$ ticket

problem is we have the smaller streets in the whole world probly, so you should be driving in the opposite lane :rolleyes:

That said, Im loving my bike lately :sun:

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: Brown Buffalo] * 1
    #24285784 - 05/01/17 01:36 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

9 year thread The Cyclical war didn't seem like it lasted that long

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Invisiblecrackbaby
shitpost aficionado
Male

Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: thirtygoats] * 1
    #24285807 - 05/01/17 02:12 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

thirtygoats said:
Are you insane? If I had a car, and cyclists got too close to me, I would never dream of getting angry at them. I'll never understand how people can be like that.

Here's the thing, as far as I'm concerned...often the cyclists hugging the road side of the gutter lane will force the motorists behind them to move dangerously into the oncoming lane in order to get around them, especially when it's on a winding road.  Add to this the tour de France outfits with the skin tight spandex shorts on middle aged chubby guys with attitudes, and there is the recipe which can make my blood curdle.  CURDLE I TELL YOU :psycrankey:

--------------------
:awedance:

Invisibledeucedbi9
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: Ant89] * 1
    #24285853 - 05/01/17 03:38 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ant89 said:
Seriously if 2 cyclists are riding side by side in the road they are dumb as fuck. Its asking for trouble. Ride single file only.

It is defensive riding. They force any traffic coming from behind to treat them as they would any other slow moving vehicle. They have to wait until it is safe to pass.

Riding in "single file" or, a single rider, hugging the side of the road, encourages the impatient driver to pass closer to the rider/s than is safe. A fast moving car generates a 'bow wave' or, air current, that can destabilise a rider.

Edit. Bear in mind. The vast majority of a car drivers 'hold-ups' will be other drivers and general traffic. Not bicyclists.

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: deucedbi9] * 1
    #24285863 - 05/01/17 03:46 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

deucedbi9 said:
Quote:

Ant89 said:

It is defensive riding. They force any traffic coming from behind to treat them as they would any other slow moving vehicle. They have to wait until it is safe to pass.

Riding in "single file" or, a single rider, hugging the side of the road, encourages the impatient driver to pass closer to the rider/s than is safe. A fast moving car generates a 'bow wave' or, air current, that can destabilise a rider.

Edit. Bear in mind. The vast majority of a car drivers 'hold-ups' will be other drivers and general traffic. Not bicyclists.

All the more reason to get the fuck off the road and stop impeding traffic

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: MagicMush123]
    #24285949 - 05/01/17 05:46 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

I don't like fossile fuel guzzling vehicles in the city.

Gasoline, diesel and LPG produce noxious gases in their combustion, along with fine particulate dusts which enter your bloodstream directly through your lungs and add to the plaques in your arteries.

We need to move away from combustion engines and towards fuel cells, batteries and similar forms of getting from A to B that do not pollute.

Clean air. To breathe.

Yay pedestrians, bicycles, rickshaws and electric powered vehicles.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleMagicMush123
moon person
 User Gallery

Loc: Chinada Flag
Re: I fucking hate cyclists [Re: Asante]
    #24285958 - 05/01/17 05:55 AM (6 years, 10 months ago)

They'll be here eventually. Until then, keep exercising beside one:lol:

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | Next >

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom