Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineoobroxoo
Stranger
Female User Gallery
first time.. lots of questions
    #7983986 - 02/05/08 07:09 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

So this is my first grow. I got a visiongrowkit because i wanted to do it by the book and not mess anything up. I got everything and Lysol everything. trying to be as clean as possible. I injected spores into 12 jars. my temperature has been a little low but I've been trying to keep it at least at 75 degrees. i injected on Saturday.

i have a few questions..

1. when do you introduce clean air. the kit says you use a air pump twice a day for 30 minutes. didn't say when to introduce though.

2. it came with a fish tank heater it's the kind that clips on to the side, it says the waterline has to be all the way up on the heater but they have it just touching the bottom. will it break?

3. does anyone have tips for using the visiongrowkits. i got the ultra, kinda regretting, it seems like a piece of shit.

I'm very nervous. scared of contamination and all please help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGabe McFadden
Qwiet, I'mhunting wabbits.

Re: first time.. lots of questions [Re: oobroxoo]
    #7984024 - 02/05/08 07:16 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Be patient man, an dchill, you will contam plenty before you egt it right.

Become self sufficient, don't order kits and jars pre-prepared man, it a lot cheaper if you make your own.

It is a piece, but you can make it work man.

We all start out poorly, and make bad choices, thats waht life is all about.

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: first time.. lots of questions [Re: Gabe McFadden]
    #7984049 - 02/05/08 07:20 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know how much you spent on the kit but trust me, It would have been allot cheaper to go out and buy those supplies yourself.

The air pump is to be used once your substrate has been fully colonized, this is to provide FAE since mycelium creates CO2 as it breaks down nutrients for consumption.

The fish tank heater is used to keep the fruiting chamber at 72f (optimum temperature for mushroom development)

I don't know the kit your talking about but if it's from the keeper that guy is a piece of crap in my eyes. Later man, hope all works out for you.

--------------------

OfflineSLAG
shirm whisperer
Male

Re: first time.. lots of questions [Re: HybridprX]
    #8028589 - 02/15/08 06:33 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I just got the same kit. Had the same questions. The kit is good if youre unwilling to make everything from scratch. The jars they sell are for the most part good quality. Just be prepared to see contam more often than not because this takes time to get good at like anything else. Just relax and really try to do it for the love of the hobby and not so much for the big payout. There are so many different ways to try and this is just one.
As far as the kit is concerned, the best thing to do is to dry run it for a few days and get the feel of exactly what it takes to keep it at optimum levels.

--------------------
I post lies to look cool

Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Loc: Gondwana
Re: first time.. lots of questions [Re: SLAG]
    #8029105 - 02/15/08 08:30 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Read more.

Quote:

The kit is good if youre unwilling to make everything from scratch. The jars they sell are for the most part good quality. Just be prepared to see contam more often than not because this takes time to get good at like anything else.

Contamination comes from poor sterility and nothing else. Maybe ignorance, but that's it.

1. Introduce fresh air when it's time to fruit.

2. You must understand that I have no idea what you're talking about, because I never bought one. Be more specific.

3. Advice? Do it yourself next time.. but you already know that don't you?

In reality, though, as long as you really study the post archives on this site, and really learn what you read, you will succeed. That's truth. The parameters are no different for what you're doing, than they are for any other grow out there. Don't pay for shit, unless it's spores to get started, or 30 lb. spawn bags. Be clean. BE PATIENT. UTMFGDSE! Really though, good luck. I want to see you succeed, and be fruitful, but that is all up to you.

Read more.

Edited by thedefone (02/15/08 08:33 PM)

OfflineSLAG
shirm whisperer
Male

Re: first time.. lots of questions [Re: oobroxoo]
    #8034604 - 02/17/08 12:52 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

so hows it going now?

--------------------
I post lies to look cool

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale