Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepunkhardcore92
The navigator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Smokeys PF strain on WBS
    #8032929 - 02/17/08 12:01 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

So im thinking the grain is alittle dry but like roger rabbit says the moisture is inside the grain not on the outside so i'll set that behind me.
The other jars i inoculated with are WAY to dry to colonize, i had moisture problems with my grain jars so i chose to not boil this time, wich made my moisture content look really good at first but after a couple days they seem overly dry. This is a jar of WBS after 8 days after inoculation. It is very rizomorphic growth, i havent seen myc look that ropey in a LONG time (then again i havent even seen myc in a long time with my recent failure streak). Im slightly concerned about the jar drying out before the myc fully colonized and you people are supposed to assure me its not going to!

anyways the plan: ima soak some WBS for 24 hours, drain, rinse, light boil for 45 mins, drain and dry for at least 30 mins upwards to an hour, put in jars, Pressure cook for an hour, let cool over night in pc. Im going to take these jars and put them in the glovebox with this jar of myc after its 100% colonized and inoculate those jars with approx a teaspoon of myc in each. Once those jars colonized i will make LC syringes and be set for my evil plan to save the world...

--------------------
Guns, the only thing more dangerous is not having them.

Support the 2nd amendment or give up all your civil liberties.

Everything said by me is fiction.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleWolfgang
Male User Gallery
Re: Smokeys PF strain on WBS [Re: punkhardcore92]
    #8033764 - 02/17/08 07:45 AM (13 years, 15 days ago)

The grain should look very dry because the moisture is inside the grain if you see ANY moisture outside the grain than more than likely it is too wet. Always be worried about too much rather than too little in this hobby. :wink:

Your method is working and rather well I might add I wouldn't change it. Boiling for 45 minutes is a LONG time a rapid boil for 10 minutes should be plenty. The reason we boil is so the excess water evaporates quicker and you don't have to wait all day for it to drain off. The grains will not explode because they have already been fully hydrated from the 12-24 hour soak.

Offlinepunkhardcore92
The navigator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Smokeys PF strain on WBS [Re: Wolfgang]
    #8034351 - 02/17/08 01:36 PM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Snap wolfgang, i never understood that concept about boiling grains, i always thought it was to get the most moisture in the grain as possible but your right, after the 24 hour soak its pretty darn fully hydrated. I'll try for a 10 min flash boil.

--------------------
Guns, the only thing more dangerous is not having them.

Support the 2nd amendment or give up all your civil liberties.

Everything said by me is fiction.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation