Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Bush Signs 'Born Alive' Act Into Law
    #801225 - 08/06/02 10:54 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Wonderful news for life. It will once again be a crime to commit infanticide after a child has been born. Now, the next step is to get the partial birth abortion banned forever. It passed before but Clinton vetoed it and with that veto, sentenced thousands of children to death. Bush has said he will sign it when it comes to his desk.
August 6, 2002

(AgapePress) - Yesterday in Pittsburgh, President Bush signed into law the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, making it illegal to abort a child once it is outside its mother's womb. The new law affirms the right to life of newborns who manage to survive an abortion -- even if their birth was not intended or desired.

In signing the bill, Bush acknowledged that abortion is a divisive issue, but that "there is no right to destroy a child that has been born alive." The measure passed the U.S. House on a voice vote in March and by unanimous consent in the Senate on July 18. Pro-abortion groups did not oppose the bill after they were assured it would not be used to undermine Roe v. Wade, the 1973 ruling that made abortion legal in the U.S.

Wendy Wright
Concerned Women for America was one of the many pro-life organizations support the passage of the bill. Spokesperson Wendy Wright, calling the act another reinforcement of the sanctity of human life, expressed thankfulness for the bill's passage -- and that Bush's signature will be the one on it "to show his support for unborn children."

In attendance at the signing was pro-life nurse and advocate Jill Stanek. Wright had high praise for the whistle-blowing nurse who first sounded the alarm regarding the practice of letting newborn babies die of neglect. She noted that Stanek was willing to testify before Congress several times about what was happening inside hospitals -- and even lost her job because she chose to come the defense of newborns.

"Only she was willing to speak out and denounce it as wrong," Wright said. "She deserves tremendous gratitude on our part for the work that she's done and blowing the whistle on what's been happening inside these hospitals, where children are [neglected and] deliberately killed on the part of the doctors and the nurses. [It is] something that numerous people have been complicit in, yet only she was willing to speak out."

Ken Connor, president of the Family Research Council, says pro-abortion forces worry that any limitations on abortion -- such as the Born Alive Infant Protection Act -- could erode abortion rights in the United States. Connor believes they are right to be worried.

In an editorial that appeared in Monday's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Connor stated abortion advocates "oppose any legal recognition of the personhood of the unborn at any stage of development through viability and at the very instant of birth. With today's presidential action, that position will be much harder to defend," he said.

Connor believes the same logic that led to the passage of the Born Alive Act should now be extended to efforts to ban partial-birth abortion. As Connor puts it: "The only difference between the Born Alive Act and the effort to ban partial-birth abortion is a matter of inches."

A bill banning partial-birth abortions has already passed in the House and awaits action by the Senate.

'Father' Implies 'Mother' -- Which Implies 'Baby'
Elsewhere in Pennsylvania, a judge has overturned an injunction that would have prevented a woman from aborting her baby. One pro-life advocate says the case highlights how pro-abortion forces refuse to recognize unborn children.

The original injunction came about because the father of Tanya Meyer's baby did not want her to murder the unborn child. Pro-abortion supporters claimed the father should not have a say in the matter. But Judi Brown, president of the American Life League, says this goes much deeper than simply allowing the father to be involved in the decision about a child's life.

"I think one of the things that upsets the pro-aborts so much about this is the use of the word 'father,' which suggests that the woman who wants to abort her baby is a mother -- and the word 'mother' is anathema to everybody in the pro-abortion movement," Brown says. "They don't want to even suggest to a woman that because she is carrying a child, she herself is already a mother."

Yesterday's ruling dissolving the injunction means that Tanya Meyers will be allowed to proceed with the killing of her child.

? 2002 AgapePress all rights reserved

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Bush Signs 'Born Alive' Act Into Law [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #802031 - 08/07/02 08:45 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Rail Gun is my greatest argument FOR abortion...

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Bush Signs 'Born Alive' Act Into Law [Re: GabbaDj]
    #802127 - 08/07/02 09:26 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

That statement was one of your most foolish.

I have no problem with early abortions. However that is not waht the story he posted was refering to. Partial birth abortion, as well as letting a newborn die, is just wrong.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Bush Signs 'Born Alive' Act Into Law [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #802349 - 08/07/02 11:07 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Hehehe.. Yup. Yes sir ree I done dit it I signed the law and that uis the law.

See me, Feel Me, Touch me, Fuck you I am the leader huh! yeah! I tholught so. So I can sign.

And thisis not about corn crops or circle crops.

Here I am I am a swinger. Got that.

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
    #802473 - 08/07/02 12:15 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

FIrst, there is already a law on the books to protect infants from being killed. It is called First degree murder. What Bush did was massage the ego of the anti-abortion activists.

Second, there is NO SUCH THING as a partial birth abortion. There is "birth" or there is "abortion". One results in an infant, the other results in the end of a pregnancy.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Bush Signs 'Born Alive' Act Into Law [Re: mr freedom]
    #802671 - 08/07/02 01:53 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Iguess the Bush photo ended in pregnancy.

mj

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #802698 - 08/07/02 02:08 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You think that a mom who has a child that survives an abortion is going to love and cherish it? Well, maybe... But most likely she'll either give it up to adoption, or keep it... People have abortions for a reason, don't let a baby ruin your life...
I don't even know how people can argue pro-life... there is already too many people on this earth, and to bring another in to add to the downward spiral and to the misery... bah.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush Signs 'Born Alive' Act Into Law [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #802845 - 08/07/02 03:15 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

You think that a mom who has a child that survives an abortion is going to love and cherish it? Well, maybe... But most likely she'll either give it up to adoption, or keep it... People have abortions for a reason, don't let a baby ruin your life...
I don't even know how people can argue pro-life... there is already too many people on this earth, and to bring another in to add to the downward spiral and to the misery... bah.

I know a woman that ran out of an abortion clinic right after the abortionist started. Her child is alive and she loves her. Babies don't ruin lives. They may be inconvienient for some people to have, but that's no reason to murder a child. Having a dead baby doesn't fix ones life either.The children murdered through abortion are already here on earth populating it. That is no reason to murder them. There's a 5 year waiting list for adoptions. Heak, if it would stop just one abortion, I'de even adopt a child and raise it as my own.

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush Signs 'Born Alive' Act Into Law [Re: mr freedom]
    #802862 - 08/07/02 03:21 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Infants just born are commonly killed in abortion clinics. I even know of one case where an abortionist delivered a child in a way that it wouldn't breath so it would die. He wrapped the child in plastic wrap. A brave nurse came to the child's rescue, unwrapped it and resuccitated it. She was sued by her clinic for saving the living babies life.

Partiol birth abortion is real. The AMA even says it is NEVER medically necessary. The abortionist manuvers the baby around and gets it by the feet and pulls the little baby out feet first and the baby is half born and is only still in by the neck and head. At this point the half born baby will be moving it's little arms legs and hands. The abortionist then takes a pair of sharp scissors and stabs the baby in the back of the neck twisting them around and the baby goes limp. The abortionist then sticks a suction tube in the whole he made and sucks out the baby's brain. The aborionist then finishes delivering the healthy baby which he just murdered.

--------------------

Invisiblebivalve
Stranger
    #803146 - 08/07/02 05:23 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

God bless abortion doctors.

Edited by bivalve (08/07/02 05:23 PM)

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #803162 - 08/07/02 05:30 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

>The abortionist then takes a pair of sharp scissors and stabs the baby in the back of the neck twisting them around and the baby goes limp. The abortionist then sticks a suction tube in the whole he made and sucks out the baby's brain.

Sounds like an excerpt from cheesy horror flick...

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush Signs 'Born Alive' Act Into Law [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #803190 - 08/07/02 05:41 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

>>>Sounds like an excerpt from cheesy horror flick...

Unfortunatly, it's true. And due to the efforts of powerful pro-death politicians like the US Supreme Court, Ted Kennedy and Hill and Bill Clinton it remains completely legal.

--------------------

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
    #803210 - 08/07/02 05:54 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

What month of pregnancy was this in? Yes it is important. If it were in the 7th or later month, providing that there was not an imidiate threat to the mother's life, then this is NOT a partial birth abortion; it is murder.
If this procedure, as ugly as it is, was performed prior to the 7th month, then it was an abortion; period.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #814298 - 08/13/02 05:44 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Is "partial-birth abortion" an actual medical procedure?

No. "Partial-birth abortion" does not identify any particular abortion procedure. It is a term invented by anti-choice activists.

Don?t doctors provide elective third-trimester abortions?

No. Only a handful of doctors in the United States perform third-trimester abortions, and these few do so only when the fetus is severely or fatally impaired or when the woman?s health or life is seriously at risk.

Don?t "partial-birth abortion" bans target the D&X abortion by stating that a physician cannot deliver a living fetus feet-first up to the head and then collapse the skull to complete the delivery?

No. The bans do not specify feet-first or breech delivery. They do not refer to delivery of an intact fetus up to the head. And they do not mention collapsing the skull to complete the delivery. Instead, most of the bans prohibit "partially vaginally delivering a living fetus before killing the fetus and completing the delivery." In most common and safe abortion procedures, the physician may deliver part of a living fetus into the vagina before causing fetal death and completing the procedure. Therefore, the bans would prohibit an array of safe and common abortion procedures used throughout pregnancy.

But if the bans did target D&X, wouldn?t they prohibit a particularly barbaric procedure?

No. In fact, some women, especially those who end wanted pregnancies because of their own or their fetus?s health problems, ask for a procedure that yields an intact fetus so that they may hold it, grieve its loss, and bury it. Moreover, intact fetuses facilitate testing for genetic anomalies, allowing women to make more informed decisions about the risks associated with becoming pregnant again.

http://www.aclu.org/issues/reproduct/pba_myths_facts.html

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush Signs 'Born Alive' Act Into Law [Re: Phluck]
    #816081 - 08/13/02 07:24 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Quoting from the ACLU... That's right out of the devil's mouth.

--------------------

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#816148 - 08/13/02 07:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

************Therefore, the bans would prohibit an array of safe and common abortion procedures used throughout pregnancy.****************

There are no safe abortion procedures. The term is an oxymoron. Is abortion ever safe for the baby? Of course not! The baby's dead!!! Then what do you have on your hands? A mom that slew her baby and a dead baby that was just murdered... It's never safe, ever.

Women that have abortions also have greater risks of breast cancer for the rest of their lives. So it's physically unhealthy and unsafe for the mom too.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#817425 - 08/15/02 08:44 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Greater risk of breast cancer? Can you link me to the medline article on that?

There are cases where continuing pregnancy is a risk to the lives of mothers. In that case, abortion is the safest route for them.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#817443 - 08/15/02 08:49 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Okay, so I looked it up.

"Neither the National Cancer Institute nor the American Cancer Society recognizes the reliability of such an association (ACS, 1999; NCI, 2002). "

"The best available evidence ? from large population-based cohort studies ? shows no net effect that induced abortion places women at increased risk for developing breast cancer (Bartholomew & Grimes, 1998)."

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/library/facts/fact_cancer_022800.html

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#817457 - 08/15/02 08:54 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Overall, I think it comes down to this:

You can either have legal safe abortions performed in clinics by trained doctors, or you can have teenage girls dying of horrible uteral infections after sticking a coathanger in themselves.

--------------------

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
    #817902 - 08/15/02 11:25 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the appropriate links and information. As well as your unending patience.

I can't say it enough. A woman has the right to choose to end an unplanned pregnancy; they have been doing so for centurys.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder