Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

encapsulating mushroom powder? WHAA? * 1
    #800321 - 08/06/02 02:36 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Hello all. Bruka here. I pose a questione....

I heard from a birdie that one can grind mushrooms to a powder, then put the powder into capsules (ie. like here http://www.cap-m-quik.com ) and ingest then this way. Can it work? Will the capsules interfere with the effects of the shroomies? I would like some feedback, the dam shanooks are getting crazzie here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: encapsulating mushroom powder? WHAA? [Re: Brukan]
    #800709 - 08/06/02 05:26 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Do a search, there's been a ton of posts about this. And yes it does work, and saves you having to chew down unpleasant shrooms (if the taste bothers you).

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

Re: encapsulating mushroom powder? WHAA? [Re: Sheepish]
    #802627 - 08/07/02 01:36 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks, I found a very useful string on this board.

OfflineBlipKorterly
Blue Thumb
Loc: North America
    #803663 - 08/07/02 11:47 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I use capsels sometimes, but I prefer to use them as an easy way to carry them with me and to measure with. I use the OOO size horsepills and dump them out into OJ when I trip--kicks in much faster (15-20 min. verses an hour if you do take the capsels). But, it is an excellent way to dodge the taste, and they look very inconspicious in an old herbal supplement jar...

--------------------
"Mycologist," he corrected. "And you shoud know the difference, a biologist like yourself. Mushrooms aren't plants. They don't have chlorophyll." --Just a Couple of Days

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #803812 - 08/08/02 03:18 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

While it is true that some individuals powder their mushrooms into capsules, it is not what the experience is all about. as noted above in one post, the high comeon is rather fasrt.

The Mazatec Indians who have used these sacred mushrooms for thousands of years take from 10 to 30 minutes or more to eat a dose. This is so the experience and effects of the mushrooms come on gradually, very slow in waves and ripples. This is part of the high and it does not shock the nervous system as does making a tea or capsule which brings the high on real fast. They do it that way for a reason and two thousand years of culture doing them that way mut have some substance to why they do that like that.

So many individuals bebased the sacred mushrooms with their methods of ingestion or attempts to be instanly on another plance or level of consciousness by getting there in a hurry.

Wlell people who are in a hurry go nowhere fast.

When the the comeon is slow and natural the high is much more comfortable without the quesuness or shakjiness or shocked nergous system effects when taken in a tea. Which often causes confusion to the user during the intial take off.

When slow you will find that the visuals will last longer and the high will be a good for hours of colors.

Of course most individualas never do attain a state of being equivalent to a Mazatec Indian Ceremonial dosage and many individuals tell me they never see visuals or colors. Well that is because they do not eat the proper dosage and I usually tell them that maybe they were never meant to see anything. The reason they do not is because they do not eat the right amount. Most consume one to three grams of ccubies and that is a mild dose.

OF course that is what most people can handle.

mj

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

Re: encapsulating mushroom powder? WHAA? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #803884 - 08/08/02 04:31 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

That's an interesting thing you say mjshroomer. I notice that modern humans (technologically based one) have developed a low tolerance for patience. Things need to be done efficiently and immediately; no time to waste. Perhaps this is an exaggeration, yet I see some truth in it.

Yet I must disagree with you on what you said; "Well people who are in a hurry go nowhere fast." I don't believe that is completely true, yet again there is some truth there.

I leave you with some questions mjshroomer, or for someone else who would like to answer:

- Do you know of any cultures who historically ground the dried psychedelic mushrooms into powder for ingestion?

- How may one ingest powdered mushrooms and allow a slow onset of the psychedelic effects (where legal to do so)?

peace and love
Brukan

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #803893 - 08/08/02 04:44 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Strange, I've always found capsuled mushrooms take a lot longer to come on than drinking powdered mushrooms with juice. Usually a good 2-3 hours longer.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

Re: encapsulating mushroom powder? WHAA? [Re: Xlea321]
    #803944 - 08/08/02 05:27 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

They do.. Grinding them up and putting them in a tea will make the effects kick in faster..

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #804000 - 08/08/02 06:17 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I forgot to mention that the Mazatec and other indigenous peoples who consume these mushrooms do so after a twenty-four hour fast. If you have food in your system then it will take a lot longer to conme on. heavy food and then eating them might not get you off very much becasue the poswer would get caght in the food in your stomach and not get into your system until it was very weak and expired chemicals.

mj

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

#804034 - 08/08/02 06:41 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Perhaps taking 2-5 dried grams, powdered, on an empty stomach (in 2-5 "00" capsules*) might provide a window of 30 - 70 minutes before the "journey" begins. Wash it all down with your favorite liquid. Of course time modifications may need to be made depending on a persons body weight.

Sounds like it may work!

*on average, a "00" sized capsule can hold a maximum of 1000mg (1g) of powdered "vitamin".
? This post, it's readers, and it's creator, is protected under the Pala Islanders diclaimer at http://vgiurlan.tripod.com/disclaimer.html

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

#804042 - 08/08/02 06:44 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

2-3 hours? Alex123, did you fast prior to ingesting?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #804410 - 08/08/02 10:02 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah i usually trip sunday morning - don't eat anything from around 8pm the previous night. When i drink the powder in juice it comes on in around 10 minutes. Use the capsules and i'm still waiting 2 hours later.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinehenryp
Refugee from the Group W bench

#804472 - 08/08/02 10:22 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Have you been successful in getting 1000mg (1gram) of powdered shroom into the "00" caps, or do you use the "000" caps? I have trouble cramming 500mg into the "00" caps, and there's no way they'd take more than that.

I find the onset with caps to be about the same as when eaten fresh or dried, about 30-45min, depending on whether I've eaten anything before them or not. My spouse always has a window of about 1.5-2 hours before they kick in for her. YMMV......

--------------------
"You do know how to whistle, don't you, Steve?  You just put your lips together and.....blow"

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

Re: encapsulating mushroom powder? WHAA? [Re: henryp]
    #805085 - 08/08/02 03:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

No, I haven't tried capping mushroom powder yet into the "00" capsules. I have capsulated ground Syrian Rue (an MAOI) into "00" capsules . I have a Cap-M-Quick setup ( http://www.cap-m-quik.com ) for both "0" and "00" capsules, and a tamping tool that presses the powder tight into the capsule. I use VCAPS in both "0" and "00", but I like the "00" because you can get about 1000mg (1g) of "vitamin powder" into each capsule (if you tamper it tight).

QUESTION: I don't know the density of mushroom powder. Is the same as Syrian Rue? If they are about the same, then one can get 1000mg (1g) of mushroom powder into one "00" capsule

Edited by Brukan (08/20/02 04:23 AM)

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
    #805105 - 08/08/02 04:02 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I always dose with capsuels, that way i can avoid eating the damn things!

If the wait time is bothering you with casuels there is an easy way around that. Fill your casuel as normal but before you dose open up the 2 parts of the casuel carefully. Dont open them all the way, just enough so the 2 sides are loosly holding together, carefully put the casuels on your tounge and drink some juice. I find with thise the trip begins to come up within 10 minutes. The only downside is the come-up is very short and strong.

If you would like the trip to come on slow then take 2 casuels and take 2 in 30 mins etc. until your dose is reached.

I find that you can put 1 gram in 00 casuels is you pack it down alot. I filled both sides of the capsue as much as i can. I used a pencil(ya i know it sucks) to jam the powder down on both sides, put some more in the cap and packed again. Then i put all my hand power into closeing the cap. The weight of the casuel came out to 1.1 g(0.1 g is the casuel weight).

Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Offlinehenryp

#805290 - 08/08/02 05:05 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

That Cap'M'Quick setup is the exact same one I have, and I can't get more than about 550mg in each one (and that's if I work at it--getting 500 in there is usually a matter of filling, tamping, filling, tamping, etc. Then I press each one hard with an unsharpened pencil, fill some more, and fill the tops to get 500mg)....

A coffee grinder works great for grinding 'em, and the powder gets pretty fine, but there's always some little fibrous pieces that take up space.

Anyone else have any experience with this? I thought it was more or less a given that the 00 caps will hold half a gram.....

--------------------
"You do know how to whistle, don't you, Steve?  You just put your lips together and.....blow"

OfflineBrukan
a dead gnome

#805519 - 08/08/02 06:33 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

henryp, if you already have the Cap-M-Quick rig, then it pays to get the tamper. It's rather affordable (about $5). You can buy it online if need be (refer to the link I posted above)

I just thought of this, not everyone gets their mushrooms to the same dryness. Some get them pretty dry, some very dry, and some cracker dry. Depending on what dryness is achieved greatly influences the weight of the powder (the extra weight being water). This is something to consder henryp, how dry is your powder?

I think that sifting out that fibrous material will leave you with a fine powder that will allow a densely packed "00" capsule. Of course, I don't know if there is any "elf spice" in the fibrous material you mention. If so, keep it and keep any gold nuggets you find from the sifting

Lastly, I think all our questions can be answered if we can get a consensus on the density of powdered mushrooms. Who can we ask?

Just in case, Density = (Mass) / (Volume)

? Mass is in milligrams, Volume is in milliliters

Edited by Brukan (08/08/02 07:07 PM)

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #805851 - 08/08/02 08:59 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

mj, is it okay to drink stuff like fruit juices and v-8 while fasting for a trip?

Offlinehenryp

#806265 - 08/09/02 04:45 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yep, I have the tamper (got the whole setup at once), and I sift the powder with a flour sifter, and still can't get more than about 550mg in 00 caps. They're cracker dry (stored in a glass container with a generous layer of drierite to keep the air water free). Just like the American Revolutionary soldiers, I keep my powder dry

It'll be interesting to see what experience others have had with this. Anyone else able to get more than 0.5g in 00 caps?

--------------------

Offlinehighoman
Stranger

#806499 - 08/09/02 06:50 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i have gotten .6 grams and the cap. weighs .1 craker dry, i mean craker dry. pressed down into both side with a nail, yes that does suck. thats it no more. i bout shit when someone said 1grm. mine are all bloated and shit barelly able to close. thats just me.

--------------------
FREEDOM IS NORML

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order