Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepeacinanarchy

mushroom tea???
    #800152 - 08/06/02 01:01 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i recently heard from one of my friends that mushrooms tea is stronger than just eating them, is this true?? that would be pretty cool considering i could get a better trip of the same amount...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: mushroom tea??? [Re: peacinanarchy]
    #800168 - 08/06/02 01:12 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Mushroom tea comes on faster and stronger than simply eating the shrooms. The trip does not last as long, but the peak is a lot stronger.

I've personally found, though, that there is some potency loss because of the heat used in making the tea. Thus, it is necessary to use a bit more shrooms in the tea than the amount you would normally just consume.

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #800182 - 08/06/02 01:23 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

It depends on how you make the tea. If you blend shrooms into a tea broth and chug the result, then you get hit very hard and very fast (within half a minute to a few minutes on an empty stomach). If you just soak the shrooms in a tea solution and the strain out the fruit bodies, the result can be quite a bit weaker than if you had eaten the fruits. You also want to make sure you tea is only luke warm to keep the heat from breaking down the "fun" in the shrooms.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Loc: Under the Influence
Re: mushroom tea??? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #800664 - 08/06/02 05:03 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

There is hardly any lost because your never actually boiling the shrooms...They're in hot water but not hot enough to destroy the active ingredient. I wouldnt worry about lossing any.

--------------------
AT THE SHROOMERY, IT'S ALWAYS

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #801381 - 08/07/02 01:48 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

the psilocin is not very water-soluble...
and since the psilocin/psilocybin ratio can vary greatly with species, strain, growing conditions, etc... well, ymmv...
(of course, you could always do a methanol extraction on the "spent" marc, but...
& well, i think there may be some shroom solids from a batch of tea (well, psillycider...) sitting under a layer of rum in somebody's kitchen...
what to do, what to do? rum/shroom glop into chunky cinnamon applesauce, maybe?)
~
and so on...
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleSoFarNorth
Hindu BuddistInitiate
Loc: Far away from here
    #801856 - 08/07/02 07:04 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Tea is how we do it. I brew up a batch of green tea and add a fair bit of honey to it. Let it cool down to almost drinkable temp, and then I go one of two routes:

1. Fresh shrooms. Put shrooms and tea in a blender and let 'er rip 'til it's all whacked up. Drink quickly.

2. Dried 'shrooms. Whack the dried 'shrooms up fine and then add tea to the powder/chunks.

In either case, I get results in <20 minutes, and the trip tends to last about 4-5 hours.

--------------------
"Those that would sacrifice essential liberties for some temporary safety deserve neither."
Ben Franklin

Offline_will_
hoots
Re: mushroom tea??? [Re: SoFarNorth]
    #801930 - 08/07/02 07:44 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

i make like an once an made tea have 2 glassses and i was ripped

Offlinepeacinanarchy

#801960 - 08/07/02 07:58 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey do you guys think that 10 5" mushrooms in tea would be good enough for about 4 people...i mean i know it varies on how they were grown and stuff but on average what do ya guys think?? what level would it bring us to?? im just curious because tonight me and some family and friends are gonna go camping...

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: mushroom tea??? [Re: Hashbury]
    #802201 - 08/07/02 09:52 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Okay, well the tea recipe here on the shroomery says to boil them, so I guess I was following wrong instructions then.

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlinedarkfly
LysergicExperimenter

Re: mushroom tea??? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #802292 - 08/07/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I like to do this, but i have found it doesnt really work all that great for dried dudes. Take a pot of water and boil it then let it cool down to where you wouldnt burn yourself if you stuck your finger in it. Cut up the fresh dudes with scissors right over the pot and take an egg beater and whip the shit out of it for like 15 minutes and let it chill for 10 more minutes. Pour this liquid into a glass through an old tshirt and squeeze all the juicy goodness out of it. Make up some kool-aid (make it according to the package, but put half of the water that it says to) then mix your shroom juice with this and drink, yum yum. I find grape kool aid works best to cover what is left of the shroomy flavor.

--------------------
Everything Is Blue In This World. The Deepest Shade Of Mushroom Blue.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains