Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: off grid organic intentional community in oregon [Re: azurite]
    #8018748 - 02/13/08 05:59 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

azurite said:
i'll probably get solar later this year too.

look into wind turbines, quick easy build, a lot from junk laying around, that
give projects for the winter months so you dont stagnate, the current from these
can be done in any configuration from 12 volt DC, 115/240V AC single phase up to
460v 3 phase, though it's not likely you'll be using industrial power for anything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

Re: off grid organic intentional community in oregon [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8018801 - 02/13/08 06:17 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'd love to swing out there this summer when I don't have class if thats cool.
I love being outside and I'm not afraid of hard work.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Offlineazurite
4got10horse
Male

Loc: oregon coast range
Re: off grid organic intentional community in oregon [Re: DragonChaser]
    #8018964 - 02/13/08 07:05 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

spring is good here. i usually start growing brocoli,kale, and peas and then the strawberries start coming in. the raccoons like them too though and they're hard to catch. it's usually a balance of sun and rain until june. i initially set it all up with inheritance and am trying to support it with the berry sales. i have a biodiesel processor which i haven't used yet due to too much else going on, but i should get it going soon. just got it last fall and had to build a shed to make it in. i'd be into wind turbines but i honestly haven't looked into it yet. dragon chaser, pm me if you want to try it out.

Offlinerawtoxic
Stranger
Loc: smokey mountains
    #8019041 - 02/13/08 07:21 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i think you should make a www site explaining your place that would be really cool I'd love to check it out!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: off grid organic intentional community in oregon [Re: rawtoxic]
    #8019445 - 02/13/08 08:24 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

he should also look into setting himself up as a CSA farm, obtain crop insurance
with a CSA you're paid before the seeds hit the dirt, the crop insurance ensures
you can return the cash if the crops do fail to produce, I've had 3 successive bad
years, it's gonna be 3 more before any of my trees are producing

azurite... what sort of equipment are you using, I'm on 85 acres and run a 65hp
tractor for many of my needs, it damn sure helps with clearing land, it took me a
day to fell, limb and stack about 30 trees by myself

Offlineazurite
4got10horse
Male

#8020215 - 02/13/08 10:46 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i have a john deere 27hp tractor with a tiller and bucket. it runs on biodiesel too. i'm trying to get away from using the tractor for tilling. last year i turned a large portion of my row crops into raised beds that have to be hand forked to add the compost. the crops grew so much better than they did before. deeper soil, higher soil temperatures and the soil pests have a harder time getting around from bed to bed. i still use the tiller for the acre of sweet corn though. as far as getting logs, we raid the clearcut slash piles at night. we lift them with a hand tool onto the bed of the truck and push them in. i use the tractor and chains to pull them out of the truck and stack them, then to lift onto the mill. i also go out after storms and grab the trees that have fallen across the roads. i've thought about the csa situation, but i sell everything at natural food stores and farmers market. it's more fun to meet people at the farmers market too. 85 acres makes my place seem piddly. that's a huge bite to chew on. i only use 3 acres of the 21 for farming and i'm just letting all of the trees grow since i get them for free. it would be easier to move them though if i could use my tractor in the clearcuts. that would just be crazy though if i got caught. i'd probably lose my tractor and truck. this way i can scope out my targets in the daytime and know what i'm doing at night, get in and out quick. i also have a pto chipper for the tractor that makes nice woodchips. they just cut the alder here and let it rot or burn it. there's so much waste in the forest industry it's sick. we used to go to this slash pile we called maple mountain. it was bigger than my house. we took wood all summer and through the winter until we went there one day to find it burned up for replanting. it was so sad. the wood there would have supplied me for probably ten years or more.

Offline5150
phantom
 User Gallery
    #8027540 - 02/15/08 02:12 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

yah i,ll pm u at some point, thats a nice area of the country, i spent around 3 months camping out around Bend a few summers back, sometimes spend time around seattle on vashon island,an anarchist ey-interesting

--------------------
"the way of the warrior is the resolute acceptance of death"

Miyamoto Musashi

Offlineoldflip
Stranger
    #8027727 - 02/15/08 03:08 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

HI I just joined this site to talk to you about the mission your on. I am about to head out from my current location in Pacific City Or now that the winter has passed and would like to see what you have going. I came to this coast with the intention of joining a group of some sort but the first place I went was a fraud at best. This hasnt dapened my spirts about the idea though. So I still wander with a tent and backpack, I hope to hear back from you soon to maybe arrange a mutually benifical relationship, and give me a general direction to head. thanks for reading this TTYL oldflip

Offlineazurite
4got10horse
Male

Re: off grid organic intentional community in oregon [Re: oldflip]
    #8030200 - 02/16/08 05:29 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

pm me, what was fraudulent about your last situation?

OfflineIolaa
iolaa, not lolaa
Loc: Humco
    #8030320 - 02/16/08 07:36 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i'm bookmarking this...for a year or two down the road. it might help to have an RN around

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#8030358 - 02/16/08 08:01 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

azurite said:
i'm trying to get away from using the tractor for tilling.

pigs, they're natures tillers, they'll uproot weeds, roots and rocks, just
run solar fence charger and a couple strands of wire to contain them.

chickens will help with pest control as well as weeding, goats can handle most brush

Offlineazurite
4got10horse
Male

#8030826 - 02/16/08 11:08 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

you gotta really like pigs to own them. we tried chickens but they fly over fences and like to get into newly planted stuff and scratch to get under the mulch. with oregon tilth any uncomposted manure on the crop has to go through a 120 day preharvest interval before food can be sold, so it's best to use the animals in winter or somewhere else and compost the manure for the required amount of time and temperature. goats would eat my berries too. baby southdown sheep would fit in well here but i'd still have to remove them and put into the pasture by january. not really worth it unless you're a conventional farmer or just not certified.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order