Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: SHARPTON CALLS ON THE DNC TO NOT SEAT MICHIGAN AND FLORIDA DELEGATES [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8024099 - 02/14/08 09:28 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

So what is the fuss about? Doesn't the party, well the delegates, pretty much do whatever they want in the democratic party? Last I checked, almost 40% of them didn't need to justify their vote whatsoever.

So what's all the fuss? Do they just want to have an excuse to nominate hillary, rather than alerting more people to the fact that the democratic primaries are pretty much nothing more than a taxpayer-financed poll, a facade?

I really think they want to act like the democratic primary is more democratic than it really is... why else would this even be an issue?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: SHARPTON CALLS ON THE DNC TO NOT SEAT MICHIGAN AND FLORIDA DELEGATES [Re: johnm214]
    #8024328 - 02/14/08 10:18 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

No, you're thinking of superdelegates, and it only goes to them if a candidate does not get a majority of regular delegates, who are bound to vote as result of the primaries and caucuses.

Superdelegates are Democratic governors, Congressmen, and other party leaders. Its quite likely that they will vote for Obama. Hillary is going to fuck her party up if she keeps doing this desperate grab for any power she can reach. The fact she is calling for these delegates to be seated (because they are hers) shows just how desperate she is - she knew the rules when she began.

I see more reason for the superdelegates to go the way of Obama anyways - the party is afraid of splitting the party by Clinton continuing to fight agansit the flow like this. They also fear giving McCain the advantage of months in a national campaign. They know that Obama is far more capable of beating McCain than Hillary is. They pretty much know that either candidate, all the Democrats will vote for them, but they want to bring in the Independents, which is something that McCain has some advantage of doing apparently (he'll take Huckabee as Vice President to win over the social conservatives :hehehe:).

I would expect to see Obama/Daschle. Daschle is already speaking to these superdelegates on Obama's behalf, and I think he's the natural choice for Vice President.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: SHARPTON CALLS ON THE DNC TO NOT SEAT MICHIGAN AND FLORIDA DELEGATES [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8024673 - 02/14/08 11:37 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

well I cited the 40% number previously, but wikipedia has an apparently sourced figure of 20% superdelegates in the democratic convention at the moment

either way, its enough to win.

And they can change the rules at any time prior to the election. They could add 50,000 superdelegates if they wanted. The primaries are an expensive government-funded poll, any support of the party for the popular candidate is an acquiescence

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: SHARPTON CALLS ON THE DNC TO NOT SEAT MICHIGAN AND FLORIDA DELEGATES [Re: johnm214]
    #8029100 - 02/15/08 10:29 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Well, luckily, Obama has a lot of support of his party. :smile:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang: