Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblelorbitherize
Stranger

artificial sweeteners AKA ice *DELETED*
    #8011467 - 02/12/08 12:06 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by lorbitherize

Reason for deletion: ...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: artificial sweeteners AKA ice [Re: lorbitherize]
    #8011557 - 02/12/08 12:34 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I fucking knew it

I keep telling my friend that drinking Coke Zero isn't good for him at all.

I honestly feel the only soda people should drink is soda made with real sugar. Soda isn't something you drink every day. It's a treat. This artificial crap that people keep putting in their bodies is sickening. Not only are they feeding it to themselves... but then they're giving it to their kids... and wonder why kids have ADD and ADHD. It's fucking McDonald's and high fructose corn syrup and splenda.

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: artificial sweeteners AKA ice [Re: StonedShroom]
    #8011564 - 02/12/08 12:36 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Pop.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: artificial sweeteners AKA ice [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8011567 - 02/12/08 12:37 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Oh god, no.

Fuckin' soda, man.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineColbadol
Reality Mechanic
Male

Re: artificial sweeteners AKA ice [Re: lorbitherize]
    #8011568 - 02/12/08 12:38 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

well, still....the good thing about coke zero and diet mtn dew, and other diet drinks is that they dont contain high fructose corn syrup. I find that when i drink a diet mtn dew, i dont crash in 1 hour like i do with regular mtn dew.
same for diet energy drinks. you dont crash as hard. it has to do with the insulin levels in your blood.

and fuck studies conducted on rats. ive heard LOTS of tesimonies from people who switched to diet mtn dew and lost like 30-50 pounds. But these are from people who drank regular pop a LOT. So, the switch really changed the amount of calories they took in.

--------------------

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

Re: artificial sweeteners AKA ice [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8011569 - 02/12/08 12:38 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

actually I call it pop but said soda so I wouldn't appear like a redneck.

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
    #8011570 - 02/12/08 12:38 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Oh god, no.

Fuckin' soda, man.

Queue ef tee.

--------------------
!

Offlinemikeytro
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8011572 - 02/12/08 12:39 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

StonedShroom said:
I honestly feel the only soda people should drink is soda made with real sugar. Soda isn't something you drink every day. It's a treat. This artificial crap that people keep putting in their bodies is sickening. Not only are they feeding it to themselves... but then they're giving it to their kids... and wonder why kids have ADD and ADHD. It's fucking McDonald's and high fructose corn syrup and splenda.

QFT

seriously I remember when I was little my friends drank like 5 cans a day. I have always preferred juice to pop

but I must say having a coke with some carryout pizza every month or so hits the spot

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8011573 - 02/12/08 12:39 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Oh god, no.

Fuckin' soda, man.

In your heart, you know it's pop.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #8011575 - 02/12/08 12:41 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Why I oughtta

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinemikeytro
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8011576 - 02/12/08 12:41 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

StonedShroom said:
actually I call it pop but said soda so I wouldn't appear like a redneck.

I thought pop was a more northern thing? I've always referred to it as pop and im from chicago.
when I went to georgia a few years ago I asked for a pop and the person automatically asked where I was from :lol:

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein

Edited by mikeytro (02/12/08 12:42 AM)

Invisibleim_on_a_boat
Stranger

#8011578 - 02/12/08 12:41 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

it's a coke.

dont matter if it's a dr pepper, sprite, whatever it's a coke..

and yes amen on the people drinking soda everyday.

people are fucking idiots.. they sit there with their fat tank ass and stained teeth drinking diet soda every day and they're like why am i still gaining weight?

..i'm drinking diet!

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Re: artificial sweeteners AKA ice [Re: mikeytro]
    #8011581 - 02/12/08 12:42 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Nope, just you silly midwesterners. I've found Buffalo to be about the middle ground between soda and pop.

--------------------
!

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8011588 - 02/12/08 12:44 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mikeytro said:

I thought pop was a more northern thing? I've always referred to it as pop and im from chicago.
when I went to georgia a few years ago I asked for a pop and the person automatically asked where I was from :lol:

I was born and raised in Chicago but I've been going to school in Wisconsin for the last 6 years.  I always called it pop growing up, but I get funny looks if I say pop here.

Soda sounds so fucking *lame*.

--------------------

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

#8011592 - 02/12/08 12:46 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah my parents never kept pop in the house. we only had it every once in a great while. I think they were still using real sugar too when I was a kid. I distinctly remember when I went into Jr High pop suddenly started to taste like chemicals and I didn't drink it as much.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8011599 - 02/12/08 12:48 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I go to Trader Joe's and get this "Boylan's Ginger Ale." It's made with real cane sugar and it is so much better than regular ginger ale as to be unbelievable.

It makes me wonder what we're missing w/ all this High Fructose Corn Syrup nonsense...

--------------------

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
    #8011605 - 02/12/08 12:50 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Boylans is great we sold that at the grocery store I worked at. Does Jones Soda have real sugar or HFCS?

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: artificial sweeteners AKA ice [Re: Tangerines]
    #8011608 - 02/12/08 12:52 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Jones Soda is full of the syrup.

Jones is overly sweet for my tastes.

--------------------

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
    #8011612 - 02/12/08 12:53 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

If I ever drink pop I drink Coke. The occasional Mr. Pibb if I can find it.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Re: artificial sweeteners AKA ice [Re: Tangerines]
    #8011615 - 02/12/08 12:54 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

It uses inverted cane sugar, so they can put cane sugar on the label, but it's basically the same thing, if not completely the same thing.

I looked that up a coupla weeks ago after going to Shi-Sha (hookah bar in Columbus for you non-C-Bus residents) and getting a Jones.

--------------------
!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom