Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Coir, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Man o man, need some help from a experienced bulk grower.
    #8009432 - 02/11/08 06:16 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

So, poor old Jake here went and done it now... I blame work for switching me from nights to afternoons to days, messed up my sleeping schedule which in turned mest up my patience...

Anyways, Here is what happened, I spawned 3 liters of rye to a bucket tub of a coir/coffee ground ratio 3 inches, problem is, one of them is partly colonized and I can see that I left it abit to wet during the initial spawn run, that is fine I can wait a few extra days for it to finish running but the one I recently did.

It's going on day 2 of incubation at 74f, it's a 4 inch deep coir/coffee ground bucket tub (those crystalline kitty liter containers) and it was spawned with three liters of rye as well...

I need to start preparing my spawn like before when I had some sleep and better judgment at hand, I feel like a moron asking this but anyways.

Is it possible for me to spawn another three liters of rye but before that, can I simply take hand fulls of the pasteurized coir/coffee grounds and squeeze out the excess moisture, mix in some more spawn for a faster colonization time?

need some help quick on this, I'm limited in time to fix this screw up. Thanks in advance guys.

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblelarge_dose
Melonhead
 User Gallery

Loc: Right in the Middle
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Man o man, need some help from a experienced bulk grower. [Re: HybridprX]
    #8009490 - 02/11/08 06:36 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

you should have just followed the instructions on the brick of coir when you hydrated it so that you were sure to get the correct water content.

opening up the tub and mixing in more spawn is just another vector for contamination to get in.
if the myc has already started to take foothold of your sub you probably dont want to mess with it anymore.

i would just wait to see if things go on schedule if not toss and try again, IMO.

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Man o man, need some help from a experienced bulk grower. [Re: large_dose]
    #8009813 - 02/11/08 07:44 PM (13 years, 22 days ago)

It was pre-hydrated coir.... I didn't know it was hydrated at the time since I'm a hippie of sorts from the 90's and ended up using all of it in two shots (like I said, they're a rip off)

I'm just going to take my chances with adding more rye spawn to it after a quick squeeze of the bulk. Bulk has been established it's best fully run by day 7-8, I'm sure if I'm actually careful with spawning this next bit of rye that it will be able to run the substrate before day 8 and it's on day 2, six days....

Well guys, I don't know if RR has the answer to this or not, but lets see abit of a chance experiment :wink:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Coir, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation