Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Shroom-Wizards's shroom safari report!!
    #80064 - 11/01/99 10:39 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you for the report Lizard. It was good having you visit and you even brought your own "smokes", thank you. When the fields kick in real good with pounds of shrooms I will be sure to send you another email invitation. Glad you got home safely.

------------------
I am not a human being having a spiritual experience, I am a spiritual being having a human experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTriGuy
Skeptic

Loc: Georgia
    #80066 - 11/02/99 08:55 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

So, another pilgrim makes the voyage.

Yup, finding them is rewarding in many ways. This morning (way before work) I went on a short hunt with "Experimentalist", to I-20, exit 45a, but found nothing except the field. It was too soon after yesterday afternoon's rain so I don't think they had time to fruit. Air/ground temp has been cool since the good rain, but today they should get sunlight and some warmth to get them going. Not wanting to return empty handed, the great shroom spirit moved me to share 3 decent sized caps with my new college age friend. These were from the hurricane eve. So, let it be known Mr. Wizard that your good karma is working. Eventhough we did not find any, he is pretty confident in his ability to identify them since he had some homegrown 3 years ago. I passed on what little experience I have.

Let me know too (if you don't mind) when the next crop "kicks in". In the meantime I've read your grow guide (twice), and I have 7 different strains (including the Gulf Coast print) to try as an experiment under the same conditions and timing. I'll take notes and pass the info back to you.

Congrats Lizard_King! Hats off to Wiz!

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #80067 - 11/02/99 03:24 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Hello TrGuy,
I got your E-mail and I think it would be great to join you on a hunt. I'm not sure exactly where off exit 45a. I went to exit 44 and found an acsessable field about 2 miles off the ramp. I could see cubes growing when I drove by but it was broad daylight so I couldn't get em'. I returned three days later and there was nothing. Well there probably was something but I was very scared and left, it was my first time in a field. Since the Wizard has shown me how to enter fields and not be seen, I feel more comfortable now. I olan to return tonight to see what I can Find, I'll let you know how I do and mabye this weekend I'll give you a call and we'll meet up somewhere and go pikin'
-peace-

The Lizard,

--------------------

Anonymous

#80068 - 11/02/99 06:18 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I just got back from checking two fields near me. Pickin's were slim tonight. Only found two shrooms from about ten minutes in each field. They're teeny-boppers though,,, don't even know what they are,,, maybe Copelandia's,,, but thats only a guess,,, they turn blues though. So let me know if your fields begin to produce, and I'll do the same.

Lizard King: So the Shroom_Wizard showed you a way of getting in without being seen.? Do share the knowledge,,, do share please.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#80069 - 11/02/99 07:59 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

There is no real secret to it. I was just scared The first time I went. After hunting with Wizard I realized when we spread out about 20 feet we couldn't see each other. You can walk around in a field 30 yards from the farmers house and not be seen. Especially if they have an inside light on. If you want to enter and not be seen walk along the tree line and you are virtually invisible. Basically don't be so paranoid, if you can't see your partner the farmer can't see ya'll either. I just found my first Cubensis in Georgia in a field in Conyers Georgia tonight. It was very exciting to finally know for sure they do exsist as far north as Atlanta. I found three mushrooms. Two were water loged and old as hell and one had just opened up. When picked it stained very very blue. They look differebt than the Gulf Coast strain in Florida. They were white to off white, they had a purple ring and no nipple on the cap. The cap itself was the size of a silver dollar. Probably just a substrain of the Gulf Coast.
From Georgia,

The Lizard,

--------------------

OfflineNCubensis
 User Gallery
    #80070 - 11/02/99 08:06 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Yes the shroom_wizard surely is a knowledgeable and generous indivisual. He was able to show me the way on a recent trip down. Still enjoyinf the fruits of our labor. Thanks again shroom_wizard.

Got question for you shroom_wizard. I have several areas in my yard that support shrooms of various kinds. None of them desirable though. If I took the spores from our hunt and put some in these areas could shroomage grow? Would I need to spread some cow shit around there? Or am I totally off base? I want to cultivate but my environment is family like (wife, kid, dog).

I'll be in south Georgia near the end of November. Maybe we could hook up again. Hey, I'm making a shroom type piece of art on the cnc wire electrical discharge machine at my work. Email me your full address and I'll send you one. I only got the street and city. Thanks, dude. Take care.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #80071 - 11/02/99 08:15 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Just my .02
Lizard, the white to off-white sound more like a Copelandia or Panoleus. Maybe Pan. cyanescens or tropicalis? When you say purple ring, do you mean the anulus(remnants of veil)? I'm not tooo familiar with the Gulf Coasts, but they seem the typical brownish cubensis color with a mostly disappearing anulus.
Good find, I wish I had 'em around here.

------------------
I can't go on talking like this. I just had a mental picture of Angel....
Now I'm speechless.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#80072 - 11/02/99 08:41 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

The ring I'm reffering to is the remains of a broken veil, I'm not sure what the other mushrooms you mentioned looked like. I'm pretty sure though that it is some kind of Cubensis. I don't think anything else that grows out of cow shit in Georgia and stains blue. Thanks for the post though. I'll post pictures when I hook up this dam scanner, should be soon.

The Lizard,

--------------------

OfflineTriGuy
Skeptic

#80073 - 11/03/99 12:57 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Excellent,

This is very good. We have cool rain, very cold nights, sunny day today, but not very warm. However the sun hitting a pile of cowshit would get pretty warm, plenty for fruiting I'd say.

Take good pictures!

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#80074 - 11/03/99 03:40 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Last night was truley exciting. Finding wild Cubensis with out the help of a knowledgeable shroomer is a great feeling. But it was the knowledge I gained while picking with the Wizard in Jacksonville. There were only three found last night. Two I found and the other my friend found. The two I found were waterloged and rotted from the heavy rains early this week. The mushroom my friend found was in perfect shape. It was so fresh it had cow shit on the cap still. I think today we had a higher temp and tonight should produce better results. BTW TriGuy, if your interested I found these off exit 44 not 45a, just take a left off the ramp and follow the road until you can cross the railroad tracks, don't take the first road across, wait for the second. Down this road are plenty of Cubensis I spotted them earlier this month, but haven't had a chance to get out their until last night. Be cool if you go, don't want to spoil it for everyone.
-peace-

The Lizard,

--------------------

Anonymous

#80075 - 11/03/99 08:12 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Hey Lizard and fellow shroomerys, again you have brought up something that has sparked my curiousity. Waterloged Cubensis seem to be more difficult to identify. They turn to moosh quickly after they are picked, they dont really show a blueing reaction it is more of a greening graying sloppy mess, the gills get all nasty and stuck together so you cant really even take a spore print. It might just be confusion on my part but I have thrown pounds and pounds of these things away fearing that they arent even cubes. Even If they are Cubensis I wouldnt really be very enthused about chomping down on those slimey things. So normally when I go out collecting and the pickins are good,,, I separate the smaller ones I know are still fresh from the older waterlogged ones. Then i.d. them when I get home. :smile:

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#80076 - 11/03/99 08:33 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Your right, it is a little more difficult to identify Cubensis once they have been waterlogged. The ones I found did bruise blue, but I only kept the stems off the water logged ones, the caps look way to nasty to enter my mouth. The skin on the Cubensis caps can become transparent during rain. This makes them the same color as the gills under the cap, and more hard to spot at night without the regular bright white circle shape. I went out again tonight and didn't find anything. Think I probably found the only 3 shrooms in that field. I think its getting to cold out. Does growth slow in winter. I know their supposed to grow year round, but it seems like they slow way down during the winter. Anyways I agree, waterlogged shrooms suck.

The Lizard,

--------------------

OfflineTriGuy
Skeptic

#80077 - 11/04/99 09:34 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Lizard,

This is turning into a chat. I also went out last night. I spent about 2.5 hours in 5 or 6 different places at exit 44 and 45a. I went along that 2nd road crossing the tracks at 44 all the way to the dead end. There is a horse pasture there too. Also, on Alcovey that field on the NW corner of the four way (double red flashing light) looks promising. No shrooms of any kind anywhere though. I thought yesterday's warm sun might have encouraged fruiting, but yes, overall it must be too cold. It will however, get warm again and I'm definitley going to scope out that whole Conyers/Covington area. Thanks for the great tip. E-mail me privately and we will hook up down there some day/eve. This weekend I'm going to Panama City for a race and hopefully will have time Sunday to hunt a bit down there. I'll post my findings under "Hunting near Panama City FL.".

Good luck.

Anonymous

#80078 - 11/05/99 07:06 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Hello Everybody,
I am glad to see this discussion in here, us shroomers need to ban together and share our knowledge. I will be holding hempfests here in Florida for the next three weekends but on the weekend of Nov. 27 & 28 I will once again be hitting the shroom fields in search of those magical fruit. I will post a report back here on Nov. 28 (sunday) and let everyone know how the pickings went. If they are "kickin ass" in the fields I will send each of you an email inviting you back again. It was nice meeting each of you and I look forward to the time we "chase the cows" again. Sooner or later people will learn that I am a true Shroom Wizard, doing what I live (and love) to do - help my fellow man LEARN THE TRUTH !!!

------------------
I am not a human being having a spiritual experience, I am a spiritual being having a human experience.

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#80079 - 11/06/99 10:30 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Hello Wizard,
Glad to see you helping people to "LEARN THE TRUTH" at the Hemp fests this month. I just recently talked to an attorney about my marijuana situation. It seems like were going to be able to reduce my charge to disorderly conduct. I wish I could make it to hemp fest this year but I have a lot going on right now. I'm glad we have people like you trying to make the difference. Good luck pickin, I'm interested to hear how you do. After the 3 cubes I found hear, nothing else has been found. But today I found a field about the size of the one we went to in Gainsville. Looks like it could be a day time field, very promising. Now I just need some rain. I had alot of fun while I was down there and learned alot. I look foward to chasin some cows in Jacksonville again. Thanks again,

The Lizard,

--------------------

Anonymous

#80080 - 11/07/99 05:20 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Hello fellow shroomers, I have not officially met "The Wizard" However he is the man of my dreams, the man of my life and I will be meeting him face to face for the first time in 4 days. We will be spending Veterens Day weekend together along with Princess Amanita and Shroomazoid who,are my Mother and step father. We are very much looking forward to his visit and some day (hopefully sooner than later) I will be residing "Officially" Mrs. Shroom_Wizard, along with my daughter. The Wizard is a very special and super Man, I envy those of you who have already met him but my time is very near now and as I mentioned before we will be together for the rest of our lives. We have been brought toghether from the spirits above, we were meant to be, and we will forever be together within our hearts. I hope to also meet you all sometime that you return to Jacksonville for another safari visit. Take care to you all.

I LOVE YOU WIZARD WITH ALL OF MY HEART AND SOUL!!!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by The Wizard's Wife (edited November 07, 1999).]

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

#80081 - 11/07/99 08:29 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

I heard alot about you when I was in Jacksonville. That x7 was beautiful. Hope to meet you when I visit Jacksonville again someday. Welcome to the Shroomery.

--------------------

Anonymous

#80082 - 11/08/99 09:28 AM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you Lizard King. She will be attending most of my "shroom Safaris" in the months and years to come, we welcome you back to Florida anytime.

Cow shit?
Fuck it,
Thump it 'fore you pluck it.

------------------

Anonymous

#80083 - 11/08/99 10:52 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Let me first attest to all of you that the Wizard is a VERY lucky man to have the wizards wife as his mate, she will enhance him in everyway and stand up for the cause like no woman ever before.
ps lizard king: I grew the F7 and X8,the X8 is a genetic cross breed of #5 skunk from canada and F6 incica from the golden triangle, I created the x8 using these 2 strains, glad you liked it.

------------------
No officer those are not mushrooms they are alien life forms looking for a host to grow on.

OfflineTriGuy
Skeptic

#80084 - 11/09/99 12:15 PM (24 years, 5 months ago)

Hey this is really amazing! Wiz, you never told me all this was going on (I guess I never asked). If it's all true, then a BIG congratulations to both of you!

You have my e-mail and if the weather is right, I would definitely come down for another safari, and to meet these significant others in your life, especially you Mrs.Wizard.

By the way; what ARE those seeds you gave me? I read here of F7, X8 etc... I have alot to learn (and some equipment to acquire) before germinating them. Can you point me to a written growers guide for them?

Shroom on!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale