Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomalicious
You may say I'ma dreamer...

Loc: The Shire
People please, why not repsect all others opinions
    #800038 - 08/06/02 01:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Understand, this is not born of anger...I deeply love all people. Also, this is in general, not pointed towards anyone. ( I think this is philsophical, and spiritual...this would fall under the commandment "Thou Shall not Judge".)

Obviously everyone has seen a lot of slagging off of other people lately. Those people are free to do this but I really think it is completely unnecessary. Why not say "I don't agree and here is why" rather than saying "you are close minded", "you are not enlightened (like me)" or simply just calling them idiots.

Does someone here know everything? Does anyone know 100% of the truth in the Universe? Unless the answer is yes that it is my opinion that nobody has the right to judge others to the point of saying you are wrong, I am right. Unless you are perfect you must except that you are imperfect, along with everyone else and instead of mudslinging perhaps you could intelligently state your case so that we might better understand. And to those who might say, "but nobody will ever listen". Do you know EVERYBODY? How do you know unless you try? And also, if you really think it is futile then why even bother to slam them? Also, saying it is useless so I don't even want to try is just giving up, quitting...which is your right but if you want that to be your legacy...

We don't need more anger, the world has plenty IMO...if everyone took the attitude of "I don't have to change the world, I just have to do my part locally" than the WHOLE world would be a better place. However, if everyone took the attitude of "Awe, whatever I don't matter in the big scheme, so I don't have to do my part" than we would be even worse off then we are now.

If love doesn't start with you than what is your contribution?

Anyways, this is my opinion.

Peace to everyone, especially those who upeset me, because peace is needed the most with them.
Love to everyone, especially those who do not love me, because love is needed the most with them.

--------------------
Shroomalicious - :smile: I love you and in doing so I love myself, because we ARE all one :smile: - "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the whole world blind and toothless". - Mahatma Ghandi

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Loc: Here.
Re: People please, why not repsect all others opinions [Re: Shroomalicious]
    #800058 - 08/06/02 02:04 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Does someone here know everything? Does anyone know 100% of the truth in the Universe? Unless the answer is yes that it is my opinion that nobody has the right to judge others to the point of saying you are wrong, I am right.

I agree....nice to see you back in action Shroomalicious

--------------------
Those who know do not speak.
Those who speak do not know.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #800060 - 08/06/02 02:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I agree.

Judgements are limiting and cause breaks in communication. Although I am not ignorant enough to declare that I do not judge anyone, that is my ideal, and I think if it was everyone's ideal we would have alot more understanding and compassion towards one another, regardless of our faults.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlinemr freedom
enthusiast
    #800111 - 08/06/02 02:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Idiot n. 1. an utterly stupid or foolish person; 2. a peson having the mental age of less than three years(websters)

I don't know that calling a stone, a stone, is necessarily a bad thing.

All kidding aside. I believe that one should look to the post in question; this seldom happens here. Most are more interested in attacking the poster, without consideration for the topic at hand.

Of course, when one sees 2 weeks of post's on religion and the following level of "communication", then I can see where one may want to use the term "idiot".

It is not my intention of changing anyones mind; that is their job. I just present the argument, what an indivdual chooses to do with that information, debate it, question it, analyze it or refute it for that matter, is out of my control.

I don't think that you have to know 100% of everything to be correct. In the same light, I don't think that you have to know NOTHING and be wrong.

Simple courtesy in engaging in arguments would be most beneficial to this forum; as well as being able to question ones stance, when presented with a fundamental argument that calles into question ones premises.

Anonymous

Re: People please, why not repsect all others opinions [Re: mr freedom]
    #800265 - 08/06/02 04:10 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Some people need to just learn how to not respond in a negative way when someone asks them politely enough to. You wouldn't post a complete opposite subject in a thread would you? If the thread starter doesn't wan't to hear some opinions it should be considered not a part of the thread.
If someone posts something thats open for debate then go ahead and post your opposite opinions.
I came here and posted my first thread about some experiences I've had and some of the first posters were telling me what I think is not true, etc. But I enjoyed hearing what they said because I can laugh at them. But if I didn't want to hear what they have to say on something I feel is very important to me then I hope they'd respect me enough not to.
Peace

Anonymous

#800345 - 08/06/02 04:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Overall I would say your post is well said. That said, however, there are correct opinions and incorrect opinions.

"Does anyone know 100% of the truth in the Universe? Unless the answer is yes that it is my opinion that nobody has the right to judge others to the point of saying you are wrong, I am right."

I do not have to know everything in the world to know what color chair I am sitting on. If a person disagrees with me then they are wrong. What I see are a lot of people so connected to their own ego that they cannot brook any disagreement. That is their problem, not mine.

I eschew people who wear their specious sensibilities like a Seiko and hide behind them because they cannot face reality.

Thank you, that is all.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology