Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: What State and Country has Psilocybian Mushrooms? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #79900 - 09/02/99 01:50 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

What about Florida??? South, Ft. Lauderdale area...

Peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#79901 - 09/02/99 07:29 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

OK Ill try this again.... :smile:

EVERYBODY PLEASE READ!!!

mjshroomer IS NOT HERE....

He will be away for about 1 month... So if you post, he will not respond for at least 1 month.......

In case you newbies are wondering, mjshroomer is our resident expert who started this thread. I dont believe there is anybody else as qualified to answer your questions here concerning this topic. So try asking 1 month from now if you are still interested...

Cheers,

Thor....

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #79902 - 09/06/99 07:29 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Hi, I am back for the week and will leave on Sept 12th for Southeast Asia. I will try to answer any questions in this thread between now and the 12th then I will be gone for a month

ANd thanks Thor for guiding people elsewhere while I was on vacation.

Mj

Anonymous

#79903 - 09/06/99 02:42 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

I need some help. I am new to the SE Alabama area and went shrooming in a local field here a few nights ago. I found several shrooms in cow pie's, but surprisingly they were not cub's which I thought were prominent in this area. I can't ID these shrooms and was wondering if you could help. They are pure white, stalk and cap, and the stalk is very strong. They grew in cow pie's and there were from 1-15 in each pie. Some were super small while some were up to 1 1/4" caps. The stalks were up to 4 inches long and they did not brue blue. What have I picked and what else is common around here? Anyone know of any good areas around here for cub's?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #79904 - 09/06/99 03:29 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Hi there,

Most likely you picked some mushrooms known as Panaeolus antillarum. This is common in cattle in most parts of the world.

They are not psychoactive and they tend to have a silvery look to them with age.

If Ythan returns then I will learn how to post a picture in the forum box so I can show you what it looks like.

Mj

Anonymous

#79905 - 09/06/99 08:39 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

how about New Jersey (central)? If so, can you recommend an information source on finding & identifying them?

Anonymous

#79906 - 09/07/99 01:23 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Hi MJ,
Could you tell me one more time what I might find in Calgary, AB, Canada.. I've heard reports of people finding Psilocybe Cyanescens and Psilocybe semilanceata, but those weren't on your list for species in Alberta. Help me out, here! I don't know what to think..

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #79907 - 09/07/99 05:00 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Hi There,

First all we havee one listed species for Neww Jersey, Psilocybe graveolens, a species related to psilocybe zapotecorum used by the Zapotec Indians of Oaxaca, Mexico.

This species has a cap which is convex to subumbonate (With a protrud like nipple), and is slightly straite at the margin (meaning that the gill plates show throught the top of the cap when the mushroom is moist). The cap is hygrophanous (Changing color as it drys) from brownish fading to a cremy white or pale orange-brownish color, with some dark green staining tones.

The gills are brown to chocolate-brown and the edges are of the same color.

The tem is equal towards the base with bluing. it is also hollow white to browninsh and the base is covered with soil.

Its habitat is caespitose or gregarious on marshy soils in meadows and fruiting in November.

Known only from hackensack, New Jersey. It has a strong odor and its names means "strong smelling."

If it is in one place, it could very well be in other parts of NJ besides Hackensack.

Now for the second question.

I too have heard rumors of both P. cyanescens and P. semilanceata being found in Alberta, yet no one has made any herbarium deposits of either species.

It is possible, but I cannot say for sure.

The shrooms I listed in an earlier thread are definately there and scarse to find. Good luck.

Mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #79909 - 09/12/99 06:38 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Well There are several species of a big orange mushroom known as Gymnopilus in Ohio. These Gyms are associated with rotted wood and/or dead treees stumps or trunks.

Paul Stamets reports Psilocybe azuresens freom Ohio nut I think this is in only one persons backyard.

Psilocybe caerulipes is a bluing species which can be found in the late fall around streams and Riverbanks.

Where in Ohiop I do not know. only that these species are there.

Mj

Anonymous

#79910 - 09/12/99 02:49 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

I was wondering if you could tell me about Kentucky??

Thanks alot...

------------------
Peace...

Anonymous

#79911 - 09/13/99 06:59 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Hi again.. still wondering about New Hampshire. Today I picked what I hope was a pan subbalteus (sp?). Anything else in New Hampshire? Thanks

Anonymous

#79913 - 09/13/99 10:52 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

OK... Since mjshroomer is away, I figured I should let everbody know.. :smile:

So anybody waiting for answers to unanswered questions, please be patient.. mjshroomer will be gone till I think 12th October..

Mohobie: If your looking for Pennsylvania in this thread, do take the time to double check to see if it has been answered. Remember you have to put some effort into research, because mjshroomer has put so much effort into this thread already...The least anybody can do is to read the whole thread to see if their question has been answered. If it has not then please post it...

Lets not forget all the work Mushroom John puts into this place! We dont want to give him extra work for no reason....

Cheers,

Thor...

Anonymous

#79912 - 09/14/99 09:13 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, love the pick I've seen from ya. You might have listed the mushrooms in Pennsylvania, but I really don't want to scroll through all 71 repliese to find out. Thanks

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
    #79914 - 09/14/99 11:26 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Ej, what is with bohemica, does it grow anywhere?

OfflineSpringbok
enthusiast
Loc: Ehime, Japan
    #79915 - 09/16/99 07:23 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Yo! This is cool, but wouldn't it be easier to simply load the whole list in some archive, so that everyone can view it? This doesn't appear to be very efficient.

Regards,
JAke

--------------------
---------------------------------------------
"What does it all mean, Mr. Natural..?"
- Art Crumb

Anonymous

#79916 - 09/16/99 01:01 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Springbok: Yeah that what be nice, but again this place involves people putting in their own personal time... So if such a list was created, it would require someone to do it... Which of course would take some time, but would be well worth it.

After Mushroom John gets back, Ill talk to him about making a html document with as much info about shroom locations as can be done.... Im not saying I will make this up for sure, but you never know... It would be really handy for reference...

Cheers,

Thor...

OfflineSpringbok
enthusiast
    #79917 - 09/16/99 11:43 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Thor man,

Thanks for the quick reply. However, I wuz under tha' impression that he had a ready made list. That is why I wuz winderin' why tha' mon didn't just post the bloody thing to being with. Now I understand, of course. So, to everyone:

What mushrooms grow in Africa? Is anyone aware of an interesting website or book devoted to Africa? I already have the Mushrooms of Southern Africa book, BTW. Also, I am interested specifically in P. Natalensis, and this Stropharia mushroom (hallucinogenic) reported by a French scientist in West Africa (Cote D'Ivoire). The man got too hopped up on shrooms to be able to properly identify it, and there is a great deal of controversy over whether it is even a Stropharaia or not.

Regards,
Jake

--------------------
- Art Crumb

Anonymous

#79918 - 09/17/99 04:49 PM (24 years, 6 months ago)

I did what ya said, and found two reported speices, and they all hinted that there is posibbly more types growing in PA. Do you know of any that might grow in an area such as PA, but havn't been reported? Just wondering, I'd kind of like to find something new to this area.

Thanks

OfflineSpringbok
enthusiast
    #79919 - 09/18/99 12:44 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yeah, another quick question...

You stated that Psilocybe semilanceata exists in Virginia, yet I have never once seen it despite numerous forays into the Virginian hinterland. I have found nearly every remotely hallucinogenic mushroom there is in this state (roughly six altogether), but I didn't think that Psilocybe semilanceata was included... I have only seen those in the Pacific Northwest.

Could you please clarify?

Regards,
Jake

--------------------
- Art Crumb

Anonymous

#79920 - 09/19/99 09:45 AM (24 years, 6 months ago)

Heh I know its a long shot but do any psilocybes grow in the Midwest? Particularily the Southeast corner of South Dakota, where it borders with Nebraska, Iowa, and Minnesota?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix