Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinepashroomer_27
pashroomer
Male
Not really an alcoholic
    #7989053 - 02/06/08 08:46 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'm 28 now 2 years away from 30 and in my early 20's I used to drink really heavily and went to aa meetings and there answer was god. Recently my sponsor and other people at aa said I should quit taking my medication for my schizoaffective disorder becuase i'm not really mentally ill and all I need is god. I didn't believe it and had nothing to do with them and haven't been going to meetings. I drank twice this week and only had 2-3 drinks a couple days apart and that was the first time I drank in one and a half years and feel no need to do it again. I've become a very occasional drinker, I probally won't have anything to drink for a very long time. I would like to shroom but can't because of my schizoaffective disorder maybe someday I will be able to. I think the reason I was such a heavy drinker was because I was young and things were really stressful back then. I think that alot of people that have a drinking problem don't know when to draw the line and can learn to draw the line and they don't really need god so bad.
Later

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleappleorange
Rainbow Technician
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavík
Re: Not really an alcoholic [Re: pashroomer_27]
    #7989079 - 02/06/08 08:52 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

do you have a question or need some advice?

:hippie:

Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

#7989087 - 02/06/08 08:53 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Have you tried looking into other programs than AA?

--------------------

Offlinepashroomer_27
pashroomer
Male
Re: Not really an alcoholic [Re: appleorange]
    #7989094 - 02/06/08 08:54 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

No, I was just saying that what works for some people doesn't always work for everybody.

Offlinepashroomer_27
pashroomer
Male
Re: Not really an alcoholic [Re: ivi]
    #7989111 - 02/06/08 08:57 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I've been to outpatient rehab before and they helped me better than aa they didn't try to push the god thing on me. I also go to an outpatient mental health center too and the medication really helps me.

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7989119 - 02/06/08 08:58 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

The ability to quit an addiction comes from within, rely on yourself.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
Re: Not really an alcoholic [Re: Ferris]
    #7989333 - 02/06/08 09:39 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ferris said:
The ability to quit an addiction comes from within, rely on yourself.

god can be found within, or so some say...

Quote:

pashroomer_27 said:
all I need is god.

try it out.

my oldest brother use to talk about suicide and stuff at a young age(around 13-4, i think). my mom put him in therapy, which led to medication. then she started going to church. my brother accepted Jesus Christ as his lord and savor and since then he's been great.

personally, i've tried it several times without luck. the first time i thought it was all good and told my mom, which told the church we went too, and then i got baptized in front of people. i never really felt a difference in my life though.

lately though, since my last bad trip(my "purgatory" trip) i've been thinking about it a lot and have even tried a few times but nothing ever seems to happen.

give it a whirl, you never know, it might work for you...

http://www.wikihow.com/Accept-Christ-As-Your-Savior

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
    #7989408 - 02/06/08 09:51 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

pashroomer_27 said:
I think that alot of people that have a drinking problem don't know when to draw the line and can learn to draw the line and they don't really need god so bad.
Later

Alcoholics don't simply just not know when to draw the line, they have no control over the compulsion to keep drinking no matter how wreckless the consumption becomes.

They certainly can not learn to draw the line. Ask any alcoholic who has been in AA, stopped going and had a relapse or 10. Some of them are able to drink in moderation for a short while, but they quickly careen out of control again.

Being an alcoholic is like being pregnant, either you are or you're not. Maybe you're not. Time will tell. But even if you're not, God (in whichever way or form you choose to view God) will improve your life anyway.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Not really an alcoholic [Re: BoneMan]
    #7989495 - 02/06/08 10:10 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Im an alcoholic and for me once I have a more then a sip its like catching a fish I definately want more every time. Thats what they refer to as the "allergy" so its not the last drink that gets me its the first one.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

InvisibleGratos
Just thinkin anddrinkin
 User Gallery
    #7989664 - 02/06/08 10:49 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

pashroomer_27 said:
I'm 28 now 2 years away from 30 and in my early 20's I used to drink really heavily and went to aa meetings and there answer was god.  Recently my sponsor and other people at aa said I should quit taking my medication for my schizoaffective disorder becuase i'm not really mentally ill and all I need is god.  I didn't believe it and had nothing to do with them and haven't been going to meetings.  I drank twice this week and only had 2-3 drinks a couple days apart and that was the first time I drank in one and a half years and feel no need to do it again.  I've become a very occasional drinker, I probally won't have anything to drink for a very long time.  I would like to shroom but can't because of my schizoaffective disorder maybe someday I will be able to.  I think the reason I was such a heavy drinker was because I was young and things were really stressful back then.  I think that alot of people that have a drinking problem don't know when to draw the line and can learn to draw the line and they don't really need god so bad.
Later

Heh, you sound like every alcoholic Ive ever known :shrug:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale