Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments
    #7986257 - 02/06/08 11:14 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

A shining example of how the media engaged in a witch hunt as part a coordinated campaign to sink the presidential campaign of Congressman Ron Paul is when they attacked him for vaguely racist comments made by other people in the 80’s, while completely ignoring the fact that Republican frontrunner John McCain openly said he hated "gooks" more recently.

James Kirchick’s New Republic hit piece, which was echoed by every sector of the establishment media for weeks on end, was a vitriolic, biased, and agenda-driven smear attack that lumped in half-truths, outright lies and guilt by association in an attempt to demonize Ron Paul as a racist.

Bear in mind that the comments Kirchick based his article on were largely drawn from newsletters put out in the 1980’s of which Ron Paul had no editorial control over. Despite the fact that the comments were made by other people, Ron Paul apologized anyway and yet the feeding frenzy that ensued blatantly exposed the fact that the establishment had been chomping at the bit to seize on anything negative to attack the Congressman with.

Meanwhile, John "Keating Five", ahem I mean John "anti-corruption" McCain, disgracefully said he hated "gooks" in public for assembled reporters to hear during his previous presidential campaign in 2000.

"I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live," McCain said on his campaign bus.

‘So what? This happened eight years ago and McCain apologized for it soon after’, would be the likely Neo-Con riposte.

Compare it to Ron Paul, who is still apologizing for comments made by other people 20 years ago, as establishment hacks ninny and obsess about his imaginary links to white supremacists.

But McCain can openly spew racist slurs in public and the media doesn’t even give it the time of day when the man looks set to go head to head with Hillary for the White House and possibly become the President for over 12 million Asian-Americans, or "gooks" as McCain calls them.

Double standards? That hardly covers it. The corporate media are once again protecting their war candidate, Mr. "bomb bomb bomb Iran", Mr. "stay in Iraq for 100 years" while crucifying Paul for comments made by other people that pale in comparison to McCain’s personal vitriol about his deep-seated hatred of "gooks".

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #7986320 - 02/06/08 11:33 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Link?

And I hardly think its a slam-dunk that Ron Paul didn't say those things. I've read him claiming to have written them, of course, this was before he claimed he had never even read them. And then before he claimed that he had not read them, but didn't agree with them. And before he said he had no idea who wrote them. And before he said it was his near and dear campaign manager.

Yes, the media loves Mccain. You will get no argument over that from anybody.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #7986967 - 02/06/08 02:22 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Ignored it? I heard quite a bit more about that in the media than I did about Lew Rockwell ghostwriting bigotry for Paul.

--------------------

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7987069 - 02/06/08 02:46 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Ignored it? I heard quite a bit more about that in the media than I did about Lew Rockwell ghostwriting bigotry for Paul.

And that's the last you'll ever hear of it in the mainstream media.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Minstrel]
    #7987105 - 02/06/08 02:54 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Wanna bet?

--------------------

OfflineYossarian22
Stranger
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7987630 - 02/06/08 04:55 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

First of all, whether or not Ron Paul actually wrote it is irrelevant. It(and by "it", I don't mean a single off-hand racial comment, I mean many articles over a decade many of which were misogyny, homophobia, and racism) was published in his newsletter without even attaching the author's(assuming the author was someone other than Ron Paul) name to the piece. If you publish something under your name, you're responsible for it, and if he was stupid enough to let some Klan leader publish articles in his magazine without even glancing at the content over a period of years, then he deserves the criticism for his stupidity.

And it wasn't "vaguely racist". This is blatant, hateful and inexcusable racism. Here are some choice quotes:

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the "criminal justice system," I think we can safely assume that 95% of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal."

"Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks three days after rioting began. ... What if the checks had never arrived"

"I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities."

"gays in San Francisco do not obey the dictates of good sense... these men don't really see a reason to live past their fifties. They are not married, they have no children, and their lives are centered on new sexual partners... they enjoy the attention and pity that comes with being sick."

Or that time when he responded to Al Sharpton's protest outside the Statue of Liberty for the renaming of NYC to Martin Luther King Jr city, he suggested Welfaria, Zooville, Rapetown, or Lazyopolis instead and added, "Next time, hold that demonstration at a food stamp bureau or a crack house."

Yup, just a little bit of forgivable vague racism. Nothing to see here.

As for McCain, I'd like to see the source you cite. Not that I like McCain; the thought of another Republican taking over the White House turns my blood cold. But don't think that the mainstream media are running scared from and pulling no punches against Ron Paul; the guy's a lunatic clown who nobody in their right minds takes seriously. The Gold Standard for fuck's sake!

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Yossarian22]
    #7987705 - 02/06/08 05:14 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think you meant to respond to me.

--------------------

OfflineYossarian22
Stranger
    #7987768 - 02/06/08 05:26 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I just typed into the "quick reply" box at the bottom, so, no, I didn't.

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
    #7988672 - 02/06/08 07:48 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Be beaten, tortured, and brainwashed by a certain set of humans from a particular race.....
and see if you might have a tad of resentment that comes out in the form a racial slur............

If I ever were put in McCain's shoes, "Gook" would be the same as saying "and"

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

OfflineUCX_911
VideoSlave

Loc: Great North
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #7988705 - 02/06/08 07:52 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Ron Paul is the only candidate deserving enough of the presidency.
He's consistent, and the only example of a truly non-neo-conservative republican.
But American media would never tell you that, would they?

--------------------
"Reefer Madness."

OfflineYossarian22
Stranger
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: UCX_911]
    #7988713 - 02/06/08 07:54 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Do you know what neo-conservative means?

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Yossarian22]
    #7988734 - 02/06/08 07:56 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Who are you responding to?

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.

Edited by SirTripAlot (02/06/08 07:57 PM)

OfflineUCX_911
VideoSlave

#7988739 - 02/06/08 07:57 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Yossarian22 said:
Do you know what neo-conservative means?

obviously not. why dont you give us your take on this, sir?

--------------------
"Reefer Madness."

OfflineYossarian22
Stranger
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: UCX_911]
    #7988830 - 02/06/08 08:10 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Neo-conservatives are a group of foreign policy hawks, such as Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, Francis Fukuyama, and others. They follow a specific current of conservatism, rooted in Trotskyism and the thought of conservatives such as Irving Kristol and Leo Strauss. It sees the United States as being the governing body of the world and advocates strong foreign intervention. Read the Project for the New American Century's statement of principles(the Project for the New American Century is a prominent neo-conservative think-tank). Someone like Huckabee for instance would definitely not be a neo-conservative(he's more of an old fashioned paleo-conservative) although McCain and Romney both subscribe to many neo-conservative beliefs and advocate many neo-conservative policies. I don't mean to be a pedantic dick, it just annoys me when people use the term too loosely or just use it as a synonym for "all the bad parts of Republicanism" or any kind of non-libertarian conservatism.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#7988840 - 02/06/08 08:11 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Huckabee is not Conservative on anything except gays, abortion, and evolution.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineUCX_911
VideoSlave

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7988853 - 02/06/08 08:12 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Huckabee is not Conservative on anything except gays, abortion, and evolution.

i like how he dodged the question on the Colbert Report by stating his belief in "devolution"

--------------------
"Reefer Madness."

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7989552 - 02/06/08 10:25 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Link?

And I hardly think its a slam-dunk that Ron Paul didn't say those things. I've read him claiming to have written them, of course, this was before he claimed he had never even read them. And then before he claimed that he had not read them, but didn't agree with them. And before he said he had no idea who wrote them. And before he said it was his near and dear campaign manager.

Yes, the media loves Mccain. You will get no argument over that from anybody.

I love how you ask him for a source and proceed to make some pretty wild
claims....without providing a link.

ffs...

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: afoaf]
    #7989591 - 02/06/08 10:33 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I had read that originally as an article.

Now that I read it it seems like his original thoughts.

The only reason I asked for a link was because I thought it was the former.

:flowstone:

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#7989819 - 02/06/08 11:26 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Ron Paul is not racist nor can he possibly lose the nomination.

People under estimate Paul's Secret Weapon: He has a blimp.

No one with a blimp has ever failed to succeed until the early 20th century.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #7990645 - 02/07/08 06:50 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

VisionaryTools, when you cut and paste someone else's article and present it here, the forum rules require you provide a link. That screed reads like something from infowars or prisonplanet or alternet or znet or rense.com. Which was it?

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #7992353 - 02/07/08 03:46 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/13/21 01:16 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #7992760 - 02/07/08 05:27 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

The people seemed to be rather divided themselves. But that's OK for you when one side is Marxist murderers. How'd them monks do under the commies?

--------------------

Scholar
Male

#7994033 - 02/07/08 09:28 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/13/21 01:17 PM)

Offlinebodhiman777
Stranger
Male

Loc: Adirondacks
    #7994050 - 02/07/08 09:35 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:

Meanwhile, John "Keating Five", ahem I mean John "anti-corruption" McCain, disgracefully said he hated "gooks" in public for assembled reporters to hear during his previous presidential campaign in 2000.

"I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live," McCain said on his campaign bus.

where is it documented he said this? Where did you hear/see this from?
i need some proof. what is your source?

--------------------
... and so forth

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #7994155 - 02/07/08 10:05 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

There you go.

Every post, no matter what the subject, you have a hard on waiting to burst for "Amerika"

I did nothing to defend the Vietnam war, but merely refer to an individual that was tortured during it....thereby creating some stereotypes or prejudices in his own mind. I'm sure if you were tortured, no matter if the circumstance was justified or not, you would be able of break thru thought processes such as these, due to your superior grasp of all things "right",no?

It is very easy to sit back, decades later, and be a pundit/armchair general while NOT in the moment.

Are you aware of the mishaps and blunders of other nations, as in depth to that of the USA? Or do you specialize on this in particular? It seems that every post points out the USA and its errors, but somehow others counties faults are in lapse.

Hmmmmm....lets have a test. Can you explain the bad history of the following places? (I will fill you in, if you have some questions)

Spain
Belgium
France
Germany
Portugal
Great Britain
Cambodia
China

Further, can you state a nation in which blood was not spilled in error or deliberately?

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.

Edited by SirTripAlot (02/07/08 10:07 PM)

Scholar
Male

#7994529 - 02/08/08 12:09 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/13/21 01:18 PM)

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

#7995358 - 02/08/08 09:11 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not trying to make this an insult or flame by any means....but if you dont want to pay taxes to the American government, why dont you immigrate to another country?

I think it is quite easy for you to say, that in the event that you were tortured repeatedly over the years, you would have no sort of grudge against who tortured you.I went into war with some preconceived ideas, only for them to be completely obliterated, as war was not like the training I went thru or the Hollywood movies people watch. Some things in life you just have to actually experience, before making any concrete judgments.

I have actually seen natives of a Afghanistan and Iraq help American troops during several raids and searches. What about them? If the above you said is true, I guess they must be doing this because they are scared,huh?

Although, I believe you try and take somewhat of a noble path, you embellish American influence to the nth degree. Vietnam had it share of problems well before the Americans arrived, but to say one caused ALL or the MAJORITY of the counties problems is inaccurate. 9 out of 10 Vietnamese moved south when the partition happened in the 1950s....this set the stage for conflict.

Ever hear the old adage:

"Pointing fingers turn to pointing guns, as no one listens to pointing fingers"

(?)

Unfortunately, war will always be a part of the Earth we live in, as it has ben since history was recorded.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.

Offlinebodhiman777
Stranger
Male

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: bodhiman777]
    #7995625 - 02/08/08 10:08 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bodhiman777 said:
Quote:

Visionary Tools said:

where is it documented he said this? Where did you hear/see this from?
i need some proof. what is your source?

blah blah bla. where is your proof McCain said those things? i'm still waiting

--------------------
... and so forth

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: bodhiman777]
    #7995681 - 02/08/08 10:22 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

:google:

--------------------

"The choiceless truth of who you are is revealed to be permanently here permeating everything. Not a thing and not separate from anything."--Gaganji
"Yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream."
"My karma ran over my dogma!"

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: SoY]
    #7997167 - 02/08/08 05:20 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com/cin_mysticalmccain.htm

It's worth reading that entire page. He's just another shill.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7997229 - 02/08/08 05:33 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

> blah blah bla. where is your proof McCain said those things? i'm still waiting

I saw a documentary on PBS when I was still living in the US, so before 2002, about POWs. They talked a lot about McCain and interviewed him about his experiences as a POW. The two things I remember from the interview with him:

1) He talked about being tortured and how one day, before they started, he found oneness (not his wording, but matches his description). The guy that was going to torture him saw something in McCain's face and refused to proceed.

2) He referred to his captors as "gooks". I remember thinking that it was pretty nasty for a politician to use such a racial adjective, but that if anybody had a right, it would be somebody that was tortured.

Sorry, I don't remember the title of the show.

Edit: Google is amazing... I'm guessing the show I saw was Return with Honor, http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/honor/

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Edited by Seuss (02/08/08 05:43 PM)

Offlinebodhiman777
Stranger
Male

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Seuss]
    #7998283 - 02/08/08 09:57 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> blah blah bla. where is your proof McCain said those things? i'm still waiting

I saw a documentary on PBS when I was still living in the US, so before 2002, about POWs. They talked a lot about McCain and interviewed him about his experiences as a POW. The two things I remember from the interview with him:

1) He talked about being tortured and how one day, before they started, he found oneness (not his wording, but matches his description). The guy that was going to torture him saw something in McCain's face and refused to proceed.

2) He referred to his captors as "gooks". I remember thinking that it was pretty nasty for a politician to use such a racial adjective, but that if anybody had a right, it would be somebody that was tortured.

Sorry, I don't remember the title of the show.

Edit: Google is amazing... I'm guessing the show I saw was Return with Honor, http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/amex/honor/

i did you the favor of reading the transcript. there is no mention of what you said. nowhere in McCain's text does the word 'gooks' pop up.
unless it has been erased from existence.

i'm no fan of McCain, in fact i could give 2 $h!t$ about him but you can't just say "he said gooks" without some proof.

--------------------
... and so forth

Scholar
Male

#7999578 - 02/09/08 10:16 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/13/21 01:19 PM)

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

#7999631 - 02/09/08 10:39 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

i've been to jail for the crime of exercising the most fundamental of all human freedom

Remember to have a spotter whilst you urinate in public! :laugh:

--------------------

"The choiceless truth of who you are is revealed to be permanently here permeating everything. Not a thing and not separate from anything."--Gaganji

Scholar
Male

#8000196 - 02/09/08 01:39 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/13/21 01:19 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8000459 - 02/09/08 02:42 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

EP, how many Vietnamese fishermen and peasants were murdered by your communist friends both before and after we left? Answer: millions. How do you think they came to power in the first place?

Quote:

At least 50,000 people were executed, a figure proportional with the number of Chinese butchered during Mao’s agrarian “reforms” in China in 1949-50. Most victims were chosen virtually at random in order to terrorize the rest of North Vietnam’s rural population. As in Maoist China, entire families were made to suffer. “The motto was similar to [that] in China,” writes Margolin: “‘Better ten innocent deaths than one enemy survivor.’” As many as 100,000 people were thrown into prison, and 95 percent of the cadres in the Vietminh were purged.

The above refers to the communist takeover of N Vietnam. This is what happened in the South:

Quote:

As for the people living in the affected countries, the result was a humanitarian disaster. The claim that there was no “bloodbath” in South Vietnam is true only by comparison with what happened to its neighbor Cambodia. On top of the more than 275,000 South Vietnamese who died fighting in the country’s armed forces, at least 65,000 were murdered or shot after “liberation”—the equivalent of three-quarters of a million people in today’s United States. According to the scholar D.R. Sar Desai, the Communist regime forcibly relocated or sent to “reeducation camps” somewhere between one-third to one-half of South Vietnam’s population; perhaps as many as 250,000 died of disease, starvation, or overwork, and the last inmates were not released until 1986. Ironically, the victims included many former members of the National Liberation Front and Vietcong, who realized too late that they had been puppets of the North all along. Another million or so Vietnamese, most of them ethnic Chinese, fled by sea from the new regime; an unknown number died or were lost at sea.

And this in regard to your assertion that Vietnam was artificially divided;

Quote:

South Vietnam was never the artificial American creation that critics claim. The political division of the country into northern and southern halves dates back at least to the 17th century, and was marked by sharp cultural and even linguistic differences. Indeed, the boundary between the two Vietnams set in the Geneva Accords roughly followed the south’s line of fortifications constructed centuries earlier to fend off the north.

As to your 90% Buddhist bullshit there's this:

Quote:

The south was also Vietnam’s pluralist face, with a population in 1954 that included Christians, Buddhists (nearly one-quarter of the population), and ethnic Chinese, as well as 800,000 refugees from Ho’s terror.

There are more now but that is irrelevant to then.
Notice the phrase; "800,000 refugees from Ho’s terror."

All quotes above are from here:
https://www.commentarymagazine.com/viewarticle.cfm/Who-Owns-the-Vietnam-War--11006?page=2
There's much more and other places to find info for those interested.

Your ridiculousness increases with every post. You suckle at the teat of every Marxist, Maoist butcher and profess that they attained power through some noble people's uprising and that those millions who opposed them and lost their lives were tools and dupes of some oligarchy. How charmingly naive. And ignorant. Talk about a blinkered dupe.

You also say this:
"For example, although i've been to jail for the crime of exercising the most fundamental of all human freedoms"
Let me guess. It had something to do with your mouth and didn't involve eating. It also probably had something to do with some other activities concurrent with that mouth excreta which were the actual charges. It is laughable and telling that you think of that as the "most fundamental of all human freedoms." The freedom to whine ceaselessly is rather new and far from fundamental. Or was it that you just wanted to get stoned?
Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness seem somewhat more fundamental to me but I can see why you would think that the freedom to flap your gums or further numb your mind is most fundamental. I also strongly suspect that any taxes you might pay in no way rise to the level of covering your share of the services you receive even deducting any money spent on war, police, defense or anything else you might disapprove of.

" I wish that Bush, Cheney & the CEOs of every war-profiteering & sweatshop/slave labor-exploiting corporation would emigrate back to Europe, "
I doubt you want it to end there, Kemosabe. Perhaps you would prefer the near stone age existence of the noble, non slave owning (ha!), peaceful (haha!) democratic (hahaha!) indians who invaded this continent at an earlier date. Go for it. There are plenty of places in America where you can do just that.

--------------------

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#8000538 - 02/09/08 03:01 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.jackmclamb.com/

Top Cop Says McCain Was Never Tortured
Former Vietnam vet with top secret clearance - Republican frontrunner is "a lying skunk"

A former Vietnam veteran with top secret clearance says he has personally spoken to numerous POW's who dispute John McCain's claim that he refused to provide information after he was captured and tortured in Hanoi, saying that in fact McCain's code-name was "Songbird" because of his willingness to tell all to avoid torture.

Jack McLamb served nine years in secret operations in Cambodia and other nations before going on to become one of the most highly decorated police officer's in Phoenix history, winning police officer of the year twice before taking a role as a hostage negotiator for the FBI.

"I know a lot of Vietnam veterans and a few POW's and all the POW's that I've talked to over the years say that John McCain is a lying skunk," McLamb told the Alex Jones Show.

"He never was tortured - they were there in the camp with him and then when he came in....he immediately started spilling his guts about everything because he didn't want to get tortured," said McLamb, contradicting the official story that McCain only offered his name, rank, serial number, and date of birth.

"The Vietnamese Communists called him the Songbird, that's his code name, Songbird McCain, because he just came into the camp singing and telling them everything they wanted to know," said McLamb.

McLamb said the POW's told him that McCain had sustained two broken arms and a leg injury from not pulling his arms in when he bailed out of his A-4 Skyhawk that was shot down over the Truc Bach Lake in Hanoi.

The POW's said that McCain made 32 propaganda videos for the communist North Vietnamese in which he denounced America for what they were doing in Vietnam.

"They have these sealed now, our government has these sealed, we can't get to it, they have it classified," said McLamb, adding that in truth "the POW's hate John McCain."

It is commonly accepted that McCain was treated better than other POW's and afforded medical care immediately after the North Vietnamese discovered that his father was a top admiral.

Several Vietnam veterans groups do solely exist to expose McCain's abandonment of veteran's interests as well as his lies about being tortured, including Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain and U.S. Veteran Dispatch.

Doubts over McCain's alleged war hero status and his support to curtail efforts to look for missing POW's contributed to torpedoing his presidential campaign in 2000 and those same questions will undoubtedly surface again should the Senator win the Republican nomination.

--------------------

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

#8000541 - 02/09/08 03:01 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I was referring to the movement of population of the newly formed North territory. Roughly 800,000 left (mostly Catholics) while just over 100,000 left the "newly formed" South.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8000630 - 02/09/08 03:32 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:
http://www.jackmclamb.com/

Top Cop Says McCain Was Never Tortured
Former Vietnam vet with top secret clearance - Republican frontrunner is "a lying skunk"

A former Vietnam veteran with top secret clearance says he has personally spoken to numerous POW's who dispute John McCain's claim that he refused to provide information after he was captured and tortured in Hanoi, saying that in fact McCain's code-name was "Songbird" because of his willingness to tell all to avoid torture.

Jack McLamb served nine years in secret operations in Cambodia and other nations before going on to become one of the most highly decorated police officer's in Phoenix history, winning police officer of the year twice before taking a role as a hostage negotiator for the FBI.

"I know a lot of Vietnam veterans and a few POW's and all the POW's that I've talked to over the years say that John McCain is a lying skunk," McLamb told the Alex Jones Show.

"He never was tortured - they were there in the camp with him and then when he came in....he immediately started spilling his guts about everything because he didn't want to get tortured," said McLamb, contradicting the official story that McCain only offered his name, rank, serial number, and date of birth.

"The Vietnamese Communists called him the Songbird, that's his code name, Songbird McCain, because he just came into the camp singing and telling them everything they wanted to know," said McLamb.

McLamb said the POW's told him that McCain had sustained two broken arms and a leg injury from not pulling his arms in when he bailed out of his A-4 Skyhawk that was shot down over the Truc Bach Lake in Hanoi.

The POW's said that McCain made 32 propaganda videos for the communist North Vietnamese in which he denounced America for what they were doing in Vietnam.

"They have these sealed now, our government has these sealed, we can't get to it, they have it classified," said McLamb, adding that in truth "the POW's hate John McCain."

It is commonly accepted that McCain was treated better than other POW's and afforded medical care immediately after the North Vietnamese discovered that his father was a top admiral.

Several Vietnam veterans groups do solely exist to expose McCain's abandonment of veteran's interests as well as his lies about being tortured, including Vietnam Veterans Against John McCain and U.S. Veteran Dispatch.

Doubts over McCain's alleged war hero status and his support to curtail efforts to look for missing POW's contributed to torpedoing his presidential campaign in 2000 and those same questions will undoubtedly surface again should the Senator win the Republican nomination.

This is a blatant smear job.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8000657 - 02/09/08 03:38 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

From your link:

Quote:

Officer Jack McLamb, also a military vet from the Vietnam war era, has one national police and military organization, and one international police and military organization. Both work with all volunteers (including himself) to educate his fellow police and military members about who the true internal enemies of God and our Republic are; and the various programs these international elitists are using on the American people to remove their freedoms and sovereignty so that they can be merged into a world totalitarian government system in the near future (now in their 27th year).

Another Alex Jones douche.  If he knows these POWs let's hear from THEM.  Amazingly none are named.

Quote:

"They have these sealed now, our government has these sealed, we can't get to it, they have it classified," said McLamb

:rofl2:

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #8000659 - 02/09/08 03:39 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

i did you the favor of reading the transcript. there is no mention of what you said. nowhere in McCain's text does the word 'gooks' pop up.
unless it has been erased from existence.

I read it as well, and noticed the same thing. I'm pretty certain that is the show, as I remember the part about the click codes... but I also remember them talking about how they would pass messages with sweeping patters... a long swish or a short swish of the broom would mean dots or dashes in their click code and I didn't see this in the transcript. I may have the wrong show, or the transcript may be truncated. (or I may be mis-remembering, though I feel fairly confident that I am not)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#8000663 - 02/09/08 03:40 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Ha awesome, I cant wait for this to come out in the attack ads in a few months. I was so amused by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, this one sounds like itll be even grander

Scholar
Male

#8000937 - 02/09/08 04:34 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/13/21 01:21 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8001307 - 02/09/08 05:31 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Do you attend an institution of higher learning that receives taxpayer funded dollars? Do you drive? Do you eat food purchased from any other source than a farmstand? Do you use a computer to access the internet? Is there a fire department where you live? Can you understand just what you are being given for your annual $2 tax contribution?

I don't care if you like the guy. Ho Chi Minh was a thug who took power through murder and terror. Just like Mao and Pol Pot. To think otherwise is just ignorant.

--------------------

Offlinebodhiman777
Stranger
Male

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Seuss]
    #8001772 - 02/09/08 06:44 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/hongop.shtml
http://quest.cjonline.com/stories/030100/gen_slur.shtml

got it. look what you can find on google. looks like it was pretty well documented too. i just picked a couple sources. i love his defense.

Quote:
`I apologize if I offended anyone,'' McCain said recently. ``But the validity of my statement, as I said, it was applied to a small group of sadists and murderers and the kindest word I could use about them was that.

well, he'll be perfect for the presidency. he possesses the ignorance and misguided judgment of Bush II, stale old ideals that didn't work 60 years ago, plus pent up hostilities from abuse. Bush's vendetta was family " he went after my dad " but with McCain, its personal. this will greatly help our foreign policy and elevate the overall opinion of America in the rest of the world.

someones gonna bring up this issue when we get into the final stretch of this race, but McCain will win. the americans (that vote) like some one simple, and as ignorant as them, but who instills a little fear. and don't tell me i'm wrong because they voted Bush II into office for not one but two terms. i never heard of anyone who shot themselves in the head twice.

--------------------
... and so forth

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

#8003002 - 02/09/08 10:38 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

i never heard of anyone who shot themselves in the head twice.

Sorry for being off-topic, but I was just reading something about that young police officer's shooting rampage in Crandon, Wisconsin.  Supposedly he shot himself in the head three times.....

:roulette:

--------------------

Offlinebodhiman777
Stranger
Male

#8003145 - 02/09/08 11:26 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

you follow a lot of my posts. are you following me?

--------------------
... and so forth

InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
    #8003204 - 02/09/08 11:48 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

John McCain's racist remark very troubling

Thursday, March 2, 2000

By KATIE HONG
SPECIAL TO THE POST-INTELLIGENCER

On his campaign bus recently, Sen. John McCain told reporters, "I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live." Although McCain said he was referring only to his prison guards, there are many reasons why his use of the word "gook" is offensive and alarming.

It is offensive because by using a racial epithet that has historically been used to demean all Asians to describe his captors, McCain failed to make a distinction between his torturers and an entire racial group.

It is alarming because a major candidate for president publicly used a racial epithet, refused to apologize for doing so and remains a legitimate contender.

Contrary to McCain's attempt to narrowly define "gook" to mean only his "sadistic" captors, this term has historically been used to describe all Asians. McCain said that "gook" was the most "polite" term he could find to describe his captors, but because it is simply a pejorative term for Asians, he insulted his captors simply by calling them "Asians" -- a clearly disturbing message. To the Asian American community, the term is akin to the racist word "nigger." A friend of mine, a white male Vietnam veteran, pointed out that veterans, especially Vietnam veterans, know how spiteful the term "gook" is. It has everything to do with labeling someone as "other," the enemy and yellow. McCain sent the message that all Asians are foreigners and remain forever the "other" and the enemy.

Continued at http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/hongop.shtml

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #8004031 - 02/10/08 09:54 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

bodhiman777 said:
you follow a lot of my posts. are you following me?

Following you?  I AM you!  :yinyang: :levitate:

oh wait this is the politics forum not P&S.....

--------------------

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #8004537 - 02/10/08 12:49 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

if i spent five and a half years under torture in a POW prison, i would call my captors whatever the hell i wanted, and i certainly wouldn't apologize for it.

do you think mccain hates vietnamese people in general?

--------------------

Scholar
Male

#8004637 - 02/10/08 01:17 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/13/21 01:21 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8005806 - 02/10/08 06:20 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

George Washington didn't take power

--------------------

Scholar
Male

#8006154 - 02/10/08 07:36 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/13/21 01:22 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8006175 - 02/10/08 07:42 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'm going to repeat myself. George Washington didn't take power.

--------------------

Scholar
Male

#8006529 - 02/10/08 09:01 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/13/21 01:22 PM)

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

#8006665 - 02/10/08 09:43 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
Then the British aristocracy must have handed him power peaceably, without any conflict involved, being as they were the ones who had power previously & didn't allow it to change hands democratically.

Also, I never claimed Ho Chi Minh didn't take power. The Vietnamese independence movement forcibly took power from the French colonialists (& their internal collaborators), & then from the American imperialists (& their internal collaborators); I've not denied that. Along the way they attempted to have elections (which, as has been said, all historians & even Eisenhower acknowledged who the winner would have been), but foreign powers had a strong interest in resorting to any means necessary to prevent a true democracy from taking hold.

Being as political power comes from the barrel of a gun, there is often only one way to achieve it; take it forcibly. Those living under a colonialist, imperialist, or otherwise oppressive regimes have only one path to achieve freedom, independence, & self-determination; armed struggle... unless, of course, they want to wait for their oppressors' government to collapse on its own or change its mind, which may or may not happen in an undetermined period of time, but some people want freedom, independence & self-determination sooner rather than later.

I am glad that you agree that Independence and sovereignty can unfortunately only be achieved by war and conflict. Unless this is not the case, is there any proven other form?

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8008853 - 02/11/08 01:39 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

George Washington didn't take power. He reluctantly served as President for eight years while doing little more than keeping people who actually had power together. GW eschewed the dictator role many would have had him take.

--------------------

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery

Loc: Chocolate City
    #8009206 - 02/11/08 03:10 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:

I never heard about the gook comment... just about how a bunch of pissy ass feminists talking shit about mccain in 2000 for saying something about Nine Inch Nails

Offlinebodhiman777
Stranger
Male

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: wilshire]
    #8010953 - 02/11/08 09:13 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

wilshire said:
if i spent five and a half years under torture in a POW prison, i would call my captors whatever the hell i wanted, and i certainly wouldn't apologize for it.

do you think mccain hates vietnamese people in general?

yeah, you have a right to be prejudice, but i wouldn't vote for you to be the commander and chief of the most powerful military in the world.

you think McCain's' big enough to stop the cycle of abuse?

--------------------
... and so forth

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #8012044 - 02/12/08 04:59 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
Unfortunately, war will always be a part of the Earth we live in, as it has ben since history was recorded.

Nonsense, the reasoning for this is not sound. The causes of war are predictable, and the consequences of war are increasingly detrimental to everyone's interests. If there is no incentive for war, there is no war. A goal that can be achieved is the alleviation of the incentive for war. I think you'll see this realized more and more in the short-term.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8015307 - 02/12/08 09:45 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Please provide historic examples of independence (in the form of a nation, or nation - state)gained from an absolute abandonment of anything violent. Also, point out how to eliminate "incentives" for going to war (or human perceptions thereof).

History is on my side,along with human nature. Your Utopian ideals are nonsense and do not contain a shred of realism.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8015797 - 02/12/08 11:56 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SirTripAlot said:
Please provide historic examples of independence (in the form of a nation, or nation - state)gained from an absolute abandonment of anything violent. Also, point out how to eliminate "incentives" for going to war (or human perceptions thereof).

History is on my side,along with human nature. Your Utopian ideals are nonsense and do not contain a shred of realism.

If he mentions Ghandi as an example, I'll probably throw myself off a bridge.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #8015910 - 02/13/08 12:24 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Its as simple as identifying trends. Reality doesn't stay the same forever, you know? Things change. There is a natural force known as evolution that is evident in stuff. :lol:

Its more subtle than that. Anyone who will only define how reality will be tomorrow, five years, fifty years down the line, only within the framework of what has already existed, no consideration of the potential that exists within all things, is not really paying attention to the nature of reality. :wink:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Scholar
Male

#8022540 - 02/14/08 01:54 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (02/13/21 01:23 PM)

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

#8022679 - 02/14/08 02:36 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not a psychologist or sociologist.........what I do know is that humans have been killing humans since the dawn of time; whether for political, economic, or whatever.....its just a fact.

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order