Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments
    #7986257 - 02/06/08 11:14 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

A shining example of how the media engaged in a witch hunt as part a coordinated campaign to sink the presidential campaign of Congressman Ron Paul is when they attacked him for vaguely racist comments made by other people in the 80’s, while completely ignoring the fact that Republican frontrunner John McCain openly said he hated "gooks" more recently.

James Kirchick’s New Republic hit piece, which was echoed by every sector of the establishment media for weeks on end, was a vitriolic, biased, and agenda-driven smear attack that lumped in half-truths, outright lies and guilt by association in an attempt to demonize Ron Paul as a racist.

Bear in mind that the comments Kirchick based his article on were largely drawn from newsletters put out in the 1980’s of which Ron Paul had no editorial control over. Despite the fact that the comments were made by other people, Ron Paul apologized anyway and yet the feeding frenzy that ensued blatantly exposed the fact that the establishment had been chomping at the bit to seize on anything negative to attack the Congressman with.

Meanwhile, John "Keating Five", ahem I mean John "anti-corruption" McCain, disgracefully said he hated "gooks" in public for assembled reporters to hear during his previous presidential campaign in 2000.

"I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live," McCain said on his campaign bus.

‘So what? This happened eight years ago and McCain apologized for it soon after’, would be the likely Neo-Con riposte.

Compare it to Ron Paul, who is still apologizing for comments made by other people 20 years ago, as establishment hacks ninny and obsess about his imaginary links to white supremacists.

But McCain can openly spew racist slurs in public and the media doesn’t even give it the time of day when the man looks set to go head to head with Hillary for the White House and possibly become the President for over 12 million Asian-Americans, or "gooks" as McCain calls them.

Double standards? That hardly covers it. The corporate media are once again protecting their war candidate, Mr. "bomb bomb bomb Iran", Mr. "stay in Iraq for 100 years" while crucifying Paul for comments made by other people that pale in comparison to McCain’s personal vitriol about his deep-seated hatred of "gooks".

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #7986320 - 02/06/08 11:33 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Link?

And I hardly think its a slam-dunk that Ron Paul didn't say those things. I've read him claiming to have written them, of course, this was before he claimed he had never even read them. And then before he claimed that he had not read them, but didn't agree with them. And before he said he had no idea who wrote them. And before he said it was his near and dear campaign manager.

Yes, the media loves Mccain. You will get no argument over that from anybody.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #7986967 - 02/06/08 02:22 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Ignored it? I heard quite a bit more about that in the media than I did about Lew Rockwell ghostwriting bigotry for Paul.

--------------------

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7987069 - 02/06/08 02:46 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Ignored it? I heard quite a bit more about that in the media than I did about Lew Rockwell ghostwriting bigotry for Paul.

And that's the last you'll ever hear of it in the mainstream media.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Minstrel]
    #7987105 - 02/06/08 02:54 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Wanna bet?

--------------------

OfflineYossarian22
Stranger
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7987630 - 02/06/08 04:55 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

First of all, whether or not Ron Paul actually wrote it is irrelevant. It(and by "it", I don't mean a single off-hand racial comment, I mean many articles over a decade many of which were misogyny, homophobia, and racism) was published in his newsletter without even attaching the author's(assuming the author was someone other than Ron Paul) name to the piece. If you publish something under your name, you're responsible for it, and if he was stupid enough to let some Klan leader publish articles in his magazine without even glancing at the content over a period of years, then he deserves the criticism for his stupidity.

And it wasn't "vaguely racist". This is blatant, hateful and inexcusable racism. Here are some choice quotes:

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the "criminal justice system," I think we can safely assume that 95% of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal."

"Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks three days after rioting began. ... What if the checks had never arrived"

"I miss the closet. Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities."

"gays in San Francisco do not obey the dictates of good sense... these men don't really see a reason to live past their fifties. They are not married, they have no children, and their lives are centered on new sexual partners... they enjoy the attention and pity that comes with being sick."

Or that time when he responded to Al Sharpton's protest outside the Statue of Liberty for the renaming of NYC to Martin Luther King Jr city, he suggested Welfaria, Zooville, Rapetown, or Lazyopolis instead and added, "Next time, hold that demonstration at a food stamp bureau or a crack house."

Yup, just a little bit of forgivable vague racism. Nothing to see here.

As for McCain, I'd like to see the source you cite. Not that I like McCain; the thought of another Republican taking over the White House turns my blood cold. But don't think that the mainstream media are running scared from and pulling no punches against Ron Paul; the guy's a lunatic clown who nobody in their right minds takes seriously. The Gold Standard for fuck's sake!

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Yossarian22]
    #7987705 - 02/06/08 05:14 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think you meant to respond to me.

--------------------

OfflineYossarian22
Stranger
    #7987768 - 02/06/08 05:26 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I just typed into the "quick reply" box at the bottom, so, no, I didn't.

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
    #7988672 - 02/06/08 07:48 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Be beaten, tortured, and brainwashed by a certain set of humans from a particular race.....
and see if you might have a tad of resentment that comes out in the form a racial slur............

If I ever were put in McCain's shoes, "Gook" would be the same as saying "and"

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

OfflineUCX_911
VideoSlave

Loc: Great North
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #7988705 - 02/06/08 07:52 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Ron Paul is the only candidate deserving enough of the presidency.
He's consistent, and the only example of a truly non-neo-conservative republican.
But American media would never tell you that, would they?

--------------------
"Reefer Madness."

OfflineYossarian22
Stranger
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: UCX_911]
    #7988713 - 02/06/08 07:54 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Do you know what neo-conservative means?

OfflineSirTripAlot
Semper Fidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Harmless (Mostly)
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Yossarian22]
    #7988734 - 02/06/08 07:56 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Who are you responding to?

--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Edited by SirTripAlot (02/06/08 07:57 PM)

OfflineUCX_911
VideoSlave

#7988739 - 02/06/08 07:57 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Yossarian22 said:
Do you know what neo-conservative means?

obviously not. why dont you give us your take on this, sir?

--------------------
"Reefer Madness."

OfflineYossarian22
Stranger
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: UCX_911]
    #7988830 - 02/06/08 08:10 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Neo-conservatives are a group of foreign policy hawks, such as Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, Francis Fukuyama, and others. They follow a specific current of conservatism, rooted in Trotskyism and the thought of conservatives such as Irving Kristol and Leo Strauss. It sees the United States as being the governing body of the world and advocates strong foreign intervention. Read the Project for the New American Century's statement of principles(the Project for the New American Century is a prominent neo-conservative think-tank). Someone like Huckabee for instance would definitely not be a neo-conservative(he's more of an old fashioned paleo-conservative) although McCain and Romney both subscribe to many neo-conservative beliefs and advocate many neo-conservative policies. I don't mean to be a pedantic dick, it just annoys me when people use the term too loosely or just use it as a synonym for "all the bad parts of Republicanism" or any kind of non-libertarian conservatism.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#7988840 - 02/06/08 08:11 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Huckabee is not Conservative on anything except gays, abortion, and evolution.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineUCX_911
VideoSlave

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7988853 - 02/06/08 08:12 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Huckabee is not Conservative on anything except gays, abortion, and evolution.

i like how he dodged the question on the Colbert Report by stating his belief in "devolution"

--------------------
"Reefer Madness."

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7989552 - 02/06/08 10:25 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Link?

And I hardly think its a slam-dunk that Ron Paul didn't say those things. I've read him claiming to have written them, of course, this was before he claimed he had never even read them. And then before he claimed that he had not read them, but didn't agree with them. And before he said he had no idea who wrote them. And before he said it was his near and dear campaign manager.

Yes, the media loves Mccain. You will get no argument over that from anybody.

I love how you ask him for a source and proceed to make some pretty wild
claims....without providing a link.

ffs...

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain’s “Gook” Comments [Re: afoaf]
    #7989591 - 02/06/08 10:33 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I had read that originally as an article.

Now that I read it it seems like his original thoughts.

The only reason I asked for a link was because I thought it was the former.

:flowstone:

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#7989819 - 02/06/08 11:26 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Ron Paul is not racist nor can he possibly lose the nomination.

People under estimate Paul's Secret Weapon: He has a blimp.

No one with a blimp has ever failed to succeed until the early 20th century.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #7990645 - 02/07/08 06:50 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

VisionaryTools, when you cut and paste someone else's article and present it here, the forum rules require you provide a link. That screed reads like something from infowars or prisonplanet or alternet or znet or rense.com. Which was it?

Phred

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder