Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

Re: Radiohead [Re: BrAiN]
    #8030464 - 02/16/08 08:45 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

God I live in chicago and i believe the closest show is in Atlanta.

Man shit.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Radiohead [Re: awesomebastard]
    #8030466 - 02/16/08 08:47 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

awesomebastard said:

Man shit.

Only the first leg of the tour is on sale...they will return in summer and play dates in Chicago and other cities..

I'm also hearing a rumor that at All Points West Festival here in the Tri-State Area, the organizers are trying to get Radiohead to play both Friday AND Saturday nights...guess that means I'll have to double my dose. :grin:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: Radiohead [Re: awesomebastard]
    #8030473 - 02/16/08 08:48 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

You'll have to look for tix on Ebay or something for the St. Louis, MO show on May 14.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: Radiohead [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8030477 - 02/16/08 08:49 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Quote:

awesomebastard said:

Man shit.

Only the first leg of the tour is on sale...they will return in summer and play dates in Chicago and other cities..

I'm also hearing a rumor that at All Points West Festival here in the Tri-State Area, the organizers are trying to get Radiohead to play both Friday AND Saturday nights...guess that means I'll have to double my dose. :grin:

You're a bastard, you've seen them like 20 times!  :smirk:

Male

Re: Radiohead [Re: idiotek]
    #8030483 - 02/16/08 08:52 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Depending on my money situation this time around and if I can get tix I am gonna try and see them in NYC, Boston, and Philly.  You should try and come up for the APW festival...Radiohead, Wilco, Alberta Cross, and many more...August 8-10...you can crash on my couch. It's gonna be a no-camping festival. Every day we go to Battery Park, southern tip of Manhattan, and get a ferry ride over to Liberty State Park. :yesnod: C'moooooon

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#8030487 - 02/16/08 08:55 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

There's a damn good chance that it would be possible in August. I'd fucking love to see Wilco/jeff tweedy.

Do you like In Rainbows? What's yer favorite album of theirs anyway?

Invisibleawesomebastard
Lost
Male User Gallery

#8030491 - 02/16/08 08:58 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

They are playing in chicago but the date is unknown.

Thanks OMR I would have missed it for sure i thought that was the full tour.

This will be my first time seeing radiohead i didnt discover them until a few years after hail to the thief came out. I hope Its all its cracked up to be.

--------------------
"Absolute certainty is a privilege of uneducated minds and fanatics." ~ C.J. Keyser

Mr. Cypher said: "I just tell the girls how sexy I am and their panties melt."

Male

#8030497 - 02/16/08 09:00 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I love In Rainbows...I've been on a huge Radiohead kick for the last month or so listening to everything..I fell back in love with OK Computer, and the past few days I've been remembering what a great record Amnesiac is. I think if I had a gun to my head and had to choose a favorite though, I'd say The Bends. That album just kills me start to finish.

But I love in Rainbows..more all the time. .I could talk about Radiohead for hours (my roommate Ryan always gets me going on it..) and In Rainbows to me just seems like this return for them...I dunno, they seem like a BAND again on it. You can feel that they are more excited to be making music now than they have been the last couple of albums. All the shit that goes down in Meeting People Is Easy (have you seen that movie?) really fucked with Thom's head, and all of their heads I think...and I think in Rainbows is the first album where they're really over that hump.

You know Bodysnatchers was recorded in a live take (some overdubs were done I would assume in the studio) with the whole band playing it, in an old Victorian house? I can't listen to it the same now, knowing that. Crazy that that is a live take recording.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#8030527 - 02/16/08 09:12 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I had heard that about Bodysnatchers. It took a few listens before I could warm up to that song.. the ending really kicks ass though.

That album is a bit less "warm" to me than the others. Of all their work, Kid A stands out to me as the most epic. It was the first of their music I ever heard - I bought it the same day that it came out, got one of the first 1000 copies sold in the USA. I was very very blown away by it and have been enamored with it ever since.

I think Videotape is one of the best songs ever written by them, but I feel like the album version was overthought and nowhere near as good as it had the potential to be. It really bothers me how "All You Need" just ends so abruptly too.

It came out when I was living in Hawaii, so I ordered it online that night and dosed on mushrooms with my good friend who is also a fan. We listened to it as we were peaking, and it will forever remind me of being in Hawaii. We were in my a-frame hut and it was raining on the metal roof pretty hard. I dunno, it was cool but we weren't sure how to feel about it. It's hard to not have certain expectations about their music - I was hoping it was going to be jazzy, like Kid A/Amnesiac/Hail To the Thief.. but it had absolutely no jazz to it at all.

I have Meeting People Is Easy on VHS. Thom's experiences from that situation really fueled his writing of Kid A/Amnesiac and it really shows.

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #8030548 - 02/16/08 09:21 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i could strangle somebody right now. my friend went to the ticketmaster retail location to get tickets right as they went on sale so we could get some good seats, but the incompetent morons working there didn't know how to work the system and it took them 20 fucking minutes to figure it out. so we missed out on good seats and these complete and total failures ended up selling my friend 4 $20 parking passes thinking they were tickets. he left in disgust, and went to another ticketmaster place where they aren't brain dead and got some lawn tickets. we plan to call ticketmaster and get our money back for these parking passes since it's their employee's fault. i'm also going to raise hell and demand they sell us some seats since it's their fault we  missed out on them. i'm not sitting on the stupid fucking lawn during radiohead.

every single seat at two shows i'm going to was sold out in 15 minutes on ticketmaster online. FUCK YOU ticketmaster! :mad2:

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: Radiohead [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #8030558 - 02/16/08 09:26 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Ouch.. that sucks dude.

I didn't even realize the bastards had retail outlets. I was lucky to get something other than lawn tickets, even though I'm off to the left of the center of the stage.. I'm about halfway down, so I'm cool with that. I always take binoculars and I'll take my camera to get some good zoom photos.

Where are you going to try to see them?

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery

Loc: Chocolate City
    #8030567 - 02/16/08 09:29 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yea ticketmaster sucks...

BUT

I blame the scalpers even more though. They're the ones buying up HALF the tickets just to resell them for 2-3-4 times the price. Just look at how masny are on ebay ALREADY.

I got stuck with lawn tix just because I got bumped to the back of the online queue.. fuckin stupid ass system

But hey... its better to be in the lawn than not to be there at all. Consider yourself lucky. They're all gonna be sold out probably any minute

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
    #8030570 - 02/16/08 09:30 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

fuck sitting on the lawn. i dont think im going.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery

Re: Radiohead [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #8030584 - 02/16/08 09:34 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Meh the lawn ain't that bad. LIke I said.. it's easy to smoke there and yo get to toss around the ol' fribee and shit.

Plus.. it's really no worse than standing 50 yards back at a festival like Coachella. At least with lawn tickets there's a slope so you get to sit down.

Next time around radiohead should research which states have the toughest scalping laws and only go there.

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #8030585 - 02/16/08 09:34 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i'll be at the charlotte and virginia shows.

and yeah i'd rather sit on the lawn then not be there at all. i feel cheated out of a good seat though.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

Re: Radiohead [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #8030593 - 02/16/08 09:35 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ts727 said:

I saw them from the lawn at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Maryland back in 2003 when they toured for Hail to the Thief and it was WELL worth it.

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery

#8030595 - 02/16/08 09:36 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yea me too. I'll be at the virginia show in the lawn too :wink:

But like I said... Follow my lead with the scalper/ebay fuckover method. I tried it last time around and dude... you no idea how AWESOME it felt when I had a bunch of ppl selling 200 dollar radiotickets asking me for the payment and then emailing me, cursing me and threatening me when i told them to fuck off.

It was such a great feeling to get under their skin.

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
    #8030598 - 02/16/08 09:37 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i think lawn tix are like 90 bucks. that's a bit steep for so far away. I'd pay more to be closer.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery

#8030601 - 02/16/08 09:37 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

1d10t3k said:
Quote:

ts727 said:

I saw them from the lawn at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Maryland back in 2003 when they toured for Hail to the Thief and it was WELL worth it.

I was at that one too.... I don't know how but I somehow managed to get TWO GREAT TICKETS in the 200 level section for 30 bucks each off of ebay. SOme couple couldnt find a babysitter last minute in DC and sold em really cheap. The price listed on the ticket for the awesome seats was like 1 bucks so they must have gotten em for free.

Invisibleidiotek
 User Gallery

#8030604 - 02/16/08 09:37 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JonnyOnTheSpot said:
i'll be at the charlotte and virginia shows.

and yeah i'd rather sit on the lawn then not be there at all. i feel cheated out of a good seat though.

I wish I could afford to go to Bristow too. Fuck.. I doubt I could get off from work for both shows. If I can, though, and can afford it.. I might try to go. It will be a very unlikely scenario, but one show's good enough for me.

I've seen a lot of shows at Charlotte, it's not bad. The lawn isn't that far back.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom