Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshevanel
Gone til November
 User Gallery

Could this be a possible sub for autoclave or verm/perlite bags?
    #7981223 - 02/05/08 12:59 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I was reading a tek where it was suggested that the bags in which verm/perlite was store in could be used as a substitute for the autoclave bags which are used for pasturizing or steriling casing mix.

This is silly, but definetly worth asking about, but today I was cooking some tyson chicken wings and I noticed that the bag used to distribute these are very similar to the verm/perlite bags, similar thickness etc,. And, the actual food is stored in another individual plastic baggie inside the thicker ziplock style bag.

The reason I ask is, if these bags are equivilent, they are indeed a little smaller which could possibly be used in smaller >20qt PC's...

Go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Could this be a possible sub for autoclave or verm/perlite bags? [Re: shevanel]
    #7981654 - 02/05/08 07:53 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't risk melting a plastic bag in a $120 pressure cooker.

You could just spend $5 on 10 oven bags from the grocery store but then you still need to buy a impulse sealer to properly seal them and add the self healing silicone injection port as well as customizing the bag with a trip of tyvek to act as a FAE filter. To much work for me dude but it can be done.

Not sure about those bags those, like I said, they could melt but you never know until you try, right?

--------------------

OfflineCrazyEarl
Meat Popsicle
Male

Loc: WHAT?!
Re: Could this be a possible sub for autoclave or verm/perlite bags? [Re: shevanel]
    #7981670 - 02/05/08 08:01 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i prefer glass canning jars.
i tried spawn bags 1 time and they seemed like more work.
have to be careful not to let the plastic touch the metal sides of
your pc and have to impulse seal.
glass owns imo.

if your selling sub and spawn materials id say
use bags because of the lower cost when compared to glass.
but only because your mailing them out.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder