Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Q4 FEC Reports: Ron Paul Receives More Military Donations Than All Other Republicans Combined
    #7978977 - 02/04/08 08:05 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Total military donations nearly as much as the total of all other remaining candidates - Republican and Democrat

ARLINGTON, Va. — According to newly released FEC reports, Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has received more military donations than the other three remaining Republican candidates combined.

"The latest numbers make it clear: the troops support Ron Paul," said Ron Paul campaign chairman Kent Snyder. "Dr. Paul has worked his entire career working for veterans, and has many awards and endorsements due to his dedication to their cause."

A search of the FEC database by employer reveals that Dr. Paul has received 1160 donations from military donors, nearly triple that of John McCain, and more than McCain, Mitt Romney, and Mike Huckabee combined.

Dr. Paul's total military donations of $249 thousand are almost as much as the $260 thousand of combined donations received by the other five remaining candidates.

Congressman Paul is no stranger to military support. Former president Ronald Reagan once said, "Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country!"

According to the FEC reports, these are the total number and amount of military donations for each of the presidential candidates*:

Ron Paul: 1160 $249k
John McCain: 438 $83k
Mike Huckabee: 126 $37k
Mitt Romney: 126 $24k
Barack Obama: 443 $76k
Hillary Clinton: 154 $41k

*Methodology: Searched FEC reports for occupation/employer contains: "Army" "Navy" "USN" "USAF" "Air Force" "Marine" "USMC" "Coast Guard" "USCG" then removed duplicates and non-military occupations (i.e. "marine repair").

main article here

I'm pleased to see Mitt Romney got the least amount of donations.

--------------------
Wiccan_Seeker said:
slide down a pole than with your legs spread and using your pussy as a brake. Ask the fire department :imslow:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Q4 FEC Reports: Ron Paul Receives More Military Donations Than All Other Republicans Combined [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #7979552 - 02/04/08 09:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

ya and i saw spray paintings of ron pauls face at my college campus
and then i was handed a barack flyer later that day
mega campaigning at college

--------------------

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: Q4 FEC Reports: Ron Paul Receives More Military Donations Than All Other Republicans Combined [Re: Coaster]
    #7980196 - 02/04/08 11:35 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

But,  but.....Ron Paul is BAD on war!  Mc Cain knows how to handle war! ( Bomb Iran!)
Ron Paul is BAD!!!!
He's a racist!
You can't vote for him!

:kaboom:

--------------------

Edited by Minstrel (02/04/08 11:48 PM)

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Q4 FEC Reports: Ron Paul Receives More Military Donations Than All Other Republicans Combined [Re: Minstrel]
    #7980635 - 02/05/08 12:36 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

He *is* a racist.

His foreign policy *will* be ruinous.

He *is* bad.

But you can vote for him.

It is America, after all.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: Q4 FEC Reports: Ron Paul Receives More Military Donations Than All Other Republicans Combined [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7980826 - 02/05/08 01:11 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
He *is* a racist.

His foreign policy *will* be ruinous.

He *is* bad.

But you can vote for him.

It is America, after all.

No, it's because it's America that I CAN'T vote for him.

And just who gets this supposed ruination from his foreign policy? The American people? Military families? The military industrial complex? Israel?

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Q4 FEC Reports: Ron Paul Receives More Military Donations Than All Other Republicans Combined [Re: Minstrel]
    #7980845 - 02/05/08 01:17 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

A whole bunch of countries when people realize we won't do anything.

Believing that everyone else is completely and abjectly devoted to peace while the United States is the country causing everyone else to live in perpetual strife and conflict is simplistic in the extreme.

There are many bad countries out there that would like to harm other countries but don't because they know that there will be consequences. Denying this is to deny thousands of years of human history. It's a simple fact.

And if you think the status of other countries around the globe don't matter, think again. The states of the world today are 1000X more interdependent upon each other than was true in decades past. Everything is connected nowadays.

You can't just sit back on an island and watch the rest of the world burn around you. Sooner or later some embers are going to float across and start a fire on your island, and you might not find anyone there to help you put out the fire.

This may be melodramatic because I'm very high, but I think you get the point.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Q4 FEC Reports: Ron Paul Receives More Military Donations Than All Other Republicans Combined [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7981417 - 02/05/08 05:04 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

> He *is* a racist.

Why do you think so?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#7981701 - 02/05/08 10:18 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
There are many bad countries out there that would like to harm other countries but don't because they know that there will be consequences. Denying this is to deny thousands of years of human history. It's a simple fact.

Hurry! I hear there's opressed people in Zimbabwe! Liberate them! They don't have any oil or WMD's, but america will save the world!

--------------------
Wiccan_Seeker said:
slide down a pole than with your legs spread and using your pussy as a brake. Ask the fire department :imslow:

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #7981735 - 02/05/08 10:37 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:yawn:

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: Q4 FEC Reports: Ron Paul Receives More Military Donations Than All Other Republicans Combined [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #7982129 - 02/05/08 12:45 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:
Quote:

Madtowntripper said:

Hurry! I hear there's opressed people in Zimbabwe! Liberate them! They don't have any oil or WMD's, but america will save the world!

watch out or im gonna put a jihad on you!

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Q4 FEC Reports: Ron Paul Receives More Military Donations Than All Other Republicans Combined [Re: Seuss]
    #7982136 - 02/05/08 12:48 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> He *is* a racist.

Why do you think so?

For all the reasons previously discussed in other threads...

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#7982150 - 02/05/08 12:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Visionary Tools said:
Quote:

Madtowntripper said:

It's nice to belittle an idea with pictures.

Did you have an actual thought on the matter?

--------------------

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #7982268 - 02/05/08 01:22 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

As far as him being a racist, believe whatever you want to. This is America after all. However, having never seen or heard him utter anything remotely racist, I reserve my judgment. That's right up there with Obama being a racist because of Louis Farrakhan....

And about sitting back while the world burns.....

Quote:

MadTownTripper said:
The states of the world today are 1000X more interdependent upon each other than was true in decades past. Everything is connected nowadays.

This is precisely why things will remain stable after America deploys its military to protect its own borders. People underestimate the desire and need of all countries to trade with each other and prosper.

I agree with you that there are scumbags with evil intentions that need to be dealt with. But those who disrupt the peace must be dealt with locally. America does not have the resources to continually police the globe. If there is a problem in Pakistan, it is up to India and surrounding neighbors to fix it. America is like the overprotective big brother. For the sake of our future we must teach our *siblings* to defend themselves, for we cannot finance our current policy indefinitely. Also, I believe that many more countries will be motivated to deal with jihadist thugs and keep the peace when they know that no one will be riding in to save the day.

--------------------

"The choiceless truth of who you are is revealed to be permanently here permeating everything. Not a thing and not separate from anything."--Gaganji
"Yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream."
"My karma ran over my dogma!"

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
Re: Q4 FEC Reports: Ron Paul Receives More Military Donations Than All Other Republicans Combined [Re: SoY]
    #7982503 - 02/05/08 02:27 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

SoY said:
I agree with you that there are scumbags with evil intentions that need to be dealt with. But those who disrupt the peace must be dealt with locally. America does not have the resources to continually police the globe. If there is a problem in Pakistan, it is up to India and surrounding neighbors to fix it. America is like the overprotective big brother. For the sake of our future we must teach our *siblings* to defend themselves, for we cannot finance our current policy indefinitely. Also, I believe that many more countries will be motivated to deal with jihadist thugs and keep the peace when they know that no one will be riding in to save the day.

I agree with you on this point. I just don't agree with RP on any of his other points and it wouldn't matter if I did because he is already dead meat.

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Q4 FEC Reports: Ron Paul Receives More Military Donations Than All Other Republicans Combined [Re: SoY]
    #7982691 - 02/05/08 03:25 PM (13 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

SoY said:

Like someone else said, that is certainly one rational viewpoint.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion