Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemisos
A wandering soul
 User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere.
Direct Mycelium Inoculation?
    #7977969 - 02/04/08 02:57 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

So, I am wanting to start some BRF jars and I have a fully colonized corn jar of GT's. I was wondering if it would be reasonably possible to take pure mycelium and inoculate the BRF jars using the oven tek? It's more of an experiment I guess, but would like some feedback. Any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

--------------------
"If I had a single wish, I would have every single human on this planet see this natural world the way I see it; the beauty in such simple things such as a fallen tree that is covered in moss and that has new trees growing from it. To some, fallen trees are ugly. But in reality, it is the circle of life at its finest. This is a beautiful world, its time that we recognize that before its all gone."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlackPeace
Self proclaimed CEO
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Direct Mycelium Inoculation? [Re: misos]
    #7977976 - 02/04/08 02:59 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

If your BRF cakes is clean of contaminant and your inoculation is done really clean it's gonna work. But the I dont think the corn's gonna stick to the cake very well.

--------------------

Offlinexeallos
Sore wa himitsudesu!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Woods of a Thousand Y...
Re: Direct Mycelium Inoculation? [Re: misos]
    #7977980 - 02/04/08 03:00 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I have attempted to create "mycelium water" or a poor mans LC by shaking a full grain jar and then injecting sterilized distilled water and sucking it back into the syringes after some more shaking about.

Do a search function on "mycelium water" and you'll get more than enough info on others who have attempted it.

You could also try a "G2PF" by skipping the top filter of verm only, possibly the colonized grain dispersed on top would serve as a natural contam barrier as it reaches downwards?

InvisibleDay Tripper
Got a goodreason, for taking the easyway out.

Loc: Rocky Mountains
Re: Direct Mycelium Inoculation? [Re: xeallos]
    #7977992 - 02/04/08 03:03 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

You can just tweeze off little bits of myc, and drop it into rye grain, and as long as you are clean, you will have great results.

Try dropping a promising pin from a nice clump in a rye jar, great way to clone clumping characteristics.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies