Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: I QUIT [Re: MOTH]
    #7976815 - 02/04/08 08:19 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
I quit pot two days ago, haven't smoked since, and remembered my dreams for the first time last night.

that always happens to me as well. they come back so vibrant.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: I QUIT [Re: Syle]
    #7976844 - 02/04/08 08:27 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

It was awesome to remember them but at the same time I am really suffering from feeling jittery and excessive night-sweats. 

I'm sure it'll pass though.  I'm sticking this thing out.  I can already feel my willpower returning!  :smirk:

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

Re: I QUIT [Re: zSDMF]
    #7976848 - 02/04/08 08:28 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Good luck man.:cool:

If I was ever to quit "all drugs", I'd still trip maybe once or twice a year. But thats just me.

--------------------

OfflineAhimsa
µdose
Male

Re: I QUIT [Re: Robo]
    #7976939 - 02/04/08 09:04 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

No i won't. I'm going in a different direction all together. I've been telling myself drugs would be helping in meditation or would bring me in touch with naure and cosmic reality and so on... but now i stop using them and want to see for myself what meditation really is, what being in touch with nature really is, what cosmic reality really is. And that means getting down to doing meditation, living a more healthy natural life and comtemplating the stars and summer evenings by the campfire... or so. Lol. If not that then what?

OfflineAhimsa
µdose
Male

Re: I QUIT [Re: wildchild68]
    #7976948 - 02/04/08 09:08 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah and no offence. It's al up to you. But i'm focusing on other things that interest me. I really don't feel a need anymore to try something else than getting high on filosofie and yoga and stuff... and amazingly it works! Anyway, drugs thrilled me, i now seek those thrills without them. Thanks.

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: I QUIT [Re: Ahimsa]
    #7977031 - 02/04/08 09:35 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

GL!

i'll be quitting after langerado in a couple weeks :-D

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: I QUIT [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #7977037 - 02/04/08 09:40 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
most municipal water is 'contaminated' with things like chlorine and fluoride,
some add a great number more, a few cities add nothing, I live in one of those
cities, my water comes from an artesian spring that pumps about 3 million
gallons a day, a big factor in my moving here was water quality and how
difficult it would be to contaminate it

the stuff in your bottled water is the same as what's in my toilet, you can tell
by the bits of toilet paper floating in your bottle, you gotta look carefully

God, isn't it awesome to have an amazing water supply to drink from?

--------------------
!

Invisiblemanyc
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

Loc: Axis Mundi
Re: I QUIT [Re: jewunit]
    #7977278 - 02/04/08 11:05 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

No i won't. I'm going in a different direction all together. I've been telling myself drugs would be helping in meditation or would bring me in touch with naure and cosmic reality and so on... but now i stop using them and want to see for myself what meditation really is, what being in touch with nature really is, what cosmic reality really is. And that means getting down to doing meditation, living a more healthy natural life and comtemplating the stars and summer evenings by the campfire... or so. Lol. If not that then what?

I know what you mean. I came to the conclusion a while ago that sobriety is purity. I mean, I do believe that entheogens have great potential when used correctly. But you can honestly only go so far with them before you're just doing the same thing over and over again. That's why I've reformed my ingestion for this period of my life to be seldom, but when I do it will be a huge dose and in the forest. I believe doing it this way - very much less frequently but a higher dosage - will yield much more bountiful spiritual results for myself.

One day I will only trip once every few years.. I'm not there yet, but it'll get there. I will always be partaking in ritualized entheogen use.

When you reach a trance naturally, it's more exciting. It reminds you of the fact that you don't need drugs to reach that state - but you aren't guaranteed it in the same way you are when you ingest. You eat some shrooms or acid.. you know it's coming, and you're not going to stop it.

Pure, unadulterated meditation takes a little more willpower.

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
Re: I QUIT [Re: manyc]
    #7977411 - 02/04/08 11:39 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

manyc said:
Quote:

I know what you mean. I came to the conclusion a while ago that sobriety is purity. I mean, I do believe that entheogens have great potential when used correctly. But you can honestly only go so far with them before you're just doing the same thing over and over again. That's why I've reformed my ingestion for this period of my life to be seldom, but when I do it will be a huge dose and in the forest. I believe doing it this way - very much less frequently but a higher dosage - will yield much more bountiful spiritual results for myself.

One day I will only trip once every few years.. I'm not there yet, but it'll get there. I will always be partaking in ritualized entheogen use.

When you reach a trance naturally, it's more exciting. It reminds you of the fact that you don't need drugs to reach that state - but you aren't guaranteed it in the same way you are when you ingest. You eat some shrooms or acid.. you know it's coming, and you're not going to stop it.

Pure, unadulterated meditation takes a little more willpower.

Indeed. When you start to become more sensetive to the world around you, it becomes aparent that most drugs hinder the crystal purity of thought, which reflects in overall decrease of spiritual and extrasensory perseption. Even when this happenes ever so slightly, its hard to not see the idiocy of hurting yourself again and again by partaking in their use. For these reasons i have permanently given up alcohol and cigarettes. Its harder to fully say no to weed but i think i am close, at least for the time being. Things like coke leave adverse effects that i can feel for over a week. Occasional entheogen use is still benefician to progress tho.

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

OfflineAhimsa
µdose
Male

#7982373 - 02/05/08 11:53 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Two things:
a) today is day 35 since i stopped all drugs... just for the record
b) reading those last two msgs makes me think like..."would it be bad if i never took any drugs anymore at all" lol, just kidding, i mean it its fullstop... already i start to see the bad shape reality is really in, i guess the drugs kept me in my private universe too much... mmmm... one month and i'm starting to see clearly... gosh

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #7982406 - 02/05/08 12:01 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I understand stopping weed, meds and cigs... but shrooms? did you abuse them?

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

DONOTDELETE

Re: I QUIT [Re: danlennon3]
    #7982442 - 02/05/08 12:13 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

No, it's a personal thing. I want to be just me, as i am, unchanged. The reality shrooms showed me doesn't do it for me. It's unreal in that it's just an exagerated version of my everyday vision on things. See, shrooms only enhance what i allready percieve. Downside being that after shrooms i'm left exhausted and none the wiser. I've had plenty of beautifull insights in the past month while being sober. Thanks for asking.

OfflineAhimsa
µdose
Male

Re: I QUIT [Re: danlennon3]
    #7982443 - 02/05/08 12:13 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

No, it's a personal thing. I want to be just me, as i am, unchanged. The reality shrooms showed me doesn't do it for me. It's unreal in that it's just an exagerated version of my everyday vision on things. See, shrooms only enhance what i allready percieve. Downside being that after shrooms i'm left exhausted and none the wiser. I've had plenty of beautifull insights in the past month while being sober. Thanks for asking.

edit: no idea where msg #7982442 came from - not me!

Edited by Ahimsa (02/05/08 12:25 PM)

Invisiblelesh
Stranger
Male
    #7985336 - 02/06/08 12:32 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Hi Ahimsa, excellent thread. Thanks for sticking around and sharing (as well as sparking off the interesting dialogs with the other members of the community). I'm sure a lot of people found it useful.

Edited by lesh (12/02/10 04:15 PM)

Offlinefrisky_
don't panic.

Re: I QUIT [Re: lesh]
    #7985431 - 02/06/08 01:32 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Good luck to you with your choice! :grin:

Personally, I don't see myself quiting the things I do. I just don't seem to have a reason. Maybe one day, there will be one...

But as for now there isn't! :gethigh:

--------------------
:piggy:your horse is too tall:piggy:
:piggie:and your brain is too small:piggie:

Offlineeggystardust
Viva elDirector!

#7985463 - 02/06/08 01:47 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i've done this, and it is truly it's own drug (sobriety for u folks that can't believe it... ;p ). Of course, i couldn't write this without saying i slipped these past couple years, but a truly enlightened individual--and the experience of knowing u did it to YOURSELF without any aid--is truly the most rigorous and humbling experience in itself. others that have done the same can surely agree with me.

that being said, i DO believe certain drugs can awaken the clarity in more modern-thinking beings more rapidly than meditation and self-awareness. not to say any which way is better, but being in this modern fast-paced "technologically advanced" world, some people seem to need that push to understand what life is really about. these so-called drugs are what can snap a person out of this systematic live-and-die by the system ideal, and awaken the inner spirit. our spirit has been decaying and dying so much with western civilization that our modern society has not even placed it on the back-burner, and even more so denied its very existence outwright! re-awaken what it means to be alive, and u can save yourself. re-awaken your fellow people and there's a slim possibility we can save what it means to be human...

i dunno, my 2 cents. unfortunately i think it's too late now, but hope never dies...

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
Re: I QUIT [Re: Crasher]
    #7985505 - 02/06/08 02:07 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Hmm. Have fun

Offlineimpgl
CrimethINCspecial agent
 User Gallery

Loc: california!
    #7985559 - 02/06/08 02:33 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

quitter

--------------------
omg really?

Invisiblelesh
Stranger
Male
Re: I QUIT [Re: eggystardust]
    #7985599 - 02/06/08 03:29 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

eggystardust said:
i've done this, and it is truly it's own drug (sobriety for u folks that can't believe it... ;p ). Of course, i couldn't write this without saying i slipped these past couple years, but a truly enlightened individual--and the experience of knowing u did it to YOURSELF without any aid--is truly the most rigorous and humbling experience in itself. others that have done the same can surely agree with me.

What do you mean by "without any aid"? As in without using NA meetings to help quit, or using herbs and supplements to remove withdrawals or without aid from friends and fam or what?

OfflineAhimsa
µdose
Male

#7986510 - 02/06/08 12:38 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Well i was using weed about once a week and shrooms once a month... medicine use was very low. Some strong multivitamine tabs and some tryptofaan (gets your head calm but able to function fast when the situatoin requires, sort off). So then only real withdrawal is a sense of going without the mind-altering experience drugs provide. Furthermore, i do feel more "in one piece" then before. About not being in two frames of mind i think.

The sober high is my natural condition. But. The psychedelic experiences did make me think deeply and for a long time about everything... they even set me of on a spiritual quest upto today. I'd say because of psychedelics i've gained a deep and unchanging interest in meditation, (breathing) yoga and eastern philosophy.

I've been smoking weed since is was 18. I took some LSD back then, and shrooms, but those are also a recent thing. But now it's full stop. Change of plan!

It's kind of funny but drugs have made search for what is meaningfull to me in this life. And now i no longer need them... it's just a memory.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom