Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSoFarNorth
Hindu BuddistInitiate
Loc: Far away from here
Thinking out loud...
    #797531 - 08/05/02 10:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well, as I sit here pondering the fate of the kit I bought that is nearing the end of it's successful life - one very healthy flush: all picked - and, apparently a second on the way, with no noticable contamination. I can look into the rubbermaid container and see that there's a ton of mycellium in the manure medium, now what to do with it. I'd already planned on using a lot of it to innoculate an outdoor compost heap as well as set up an outdoor grow hole - ala Moe's tek - but I was wondering what the odds of success would be to leave a little (mebbe a 1/2-lb, one quarter of the total manure) in the container, and cover it with pasturized cow or horse manure and see if I can get a second colonization out of it. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm going to go ahead and do it regardless, just to satisfy my curiousity, but would welcome any opinions y'all might have...
thanks!

--------------------
"Those that would sacrifice essential liberties for some temporary safety deserve neither."
Ben Franklin

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Thinking out loud... *DELETED* [Re: SoFarNorth]
    #797537 - 08/05/02 11:00 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by phrozendata

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

InvisibleSoFarNorth
Hindu BuddistInitiate
Loc: Far away from here
Re: Thinking out loud... [Re: phrozendata]
    #797541 - 08/05/02 11:02 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yep - that's what I'm hoping for, anyhow. Color me greedy if you will - though I like to think of it as enlightened recycling but I'd like to see if I can coax a few more out of the culture if I can...

--------------------
"Those that would sacrifice essential liberties for some temporary safety deserve neither."
Ben Franklin

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation