Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletoxic_mushroom
Stranger
grow setup ?'s
    #796507 - 08/04/02 06:50 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

"It?s made of PVC parts and modified 5 gallon buckets capped with a plexi-glass window for lighting. However, I have since learned that a top window is not necessary for lighting as long as a white bucket is used and there is sufficient ambient light near the grow space area.

This design is a little raw, but it offers a good starting point for a system that works rather well. This system also offers fresh air exchange, entrainment, and humidity thru a ducting system connected to a cool-mist humidifier."

i found this posted at theomc.com forums under growing chambers. i was wondering...what if the temperature for this system isnt what the temperature would be for growing conditions... does anyone have any ideas to add to this to help keep the temps right? i was thinkin about a using a fishtank heater in some way to do this but i havent quite came up with the way yet. any input will be appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTripsAreForKids
addict

Loc: Not In The US
Re: grow setup ?'s [Re: toxic_mushroom]
    #796580 - 08/04/02 07:29 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

However, I have since learned that a top window is not necessary for lighting as long as a white bucket is used and there is sufficient ambient light near the grow space area.

Well, Im pretty sure they grow in the direction of the light, I mean, wont shrooms grow in total darkness? Correct me if im totaly wrong, but if you put a light to the side of the terrarium, theyre gonna grow sideways, I would put a light directly above them just so that they grow more uniformly, straight up, instead of twisty stems.

As for the heat, i think pvc would insulate pretty well, and you also need fresh air... I would add a fan somewhere, i dunno where, but its gotta be filtered intake too, those filterdiscs are what i use, and i put the fan and ultrasonic mister on the same timer so it circulates and gets every part of it humid...

--------------------
Everything posted above was out of fun, none should be taken serious. I am currently under the influence so take that into consideration.

Invisibletoxic_mushroom
Stranger
    #796633 - 08/04/02 08:02 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

has anyone had any experience with using warm mist humidifiers instead of cool mist humidifiers? or do you think something like that would make it too warm?

Offlinetwisted

Loc: croatia
    #796651 - 08/04/02 08:12 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

handmisting rocks !!!!

--------------------
Jesus! Did I say that?Or just think it? Was i talking ? Did they hear me?

http://www.fsre.org/

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: twisted]
    #796656 - 08/04/02 08:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by matts (08/04/02 08:21 PM)

Invisibletoxic_mushroom
Stranger
Re: grow setup ?'s [Re: matts]
    #796817 - 08/04/02 10:32 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i am just worried about not having the right temps cuz my last effort at growing went bad and seemed i didnt have the right conditions... i was wanting a automated setup.. after messin w/ the pic a little i made a version of that design that i think if i made it , it would turn out to be like this:

i drew racks made of pvc on there for the buckets would have somethin to sit on. and i added little cool mist humidifier in pic as well does it look like a good working setup to you guys? seems to me like the design should work great.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: toxic_mushroom]
    #797046 - 08/05/02 04:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Invisibletoxic_mushroom
Stranger
Re: grow setup ?'s [Re: Anonymous]
    #797506 - 08/05/02 08:46 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

thanx myco, when i saw the pic for ur design lightbulbs jus started lighting up everywhere ! u make great designs for cultivation chambers i must say... and im sure youve heard that one before i was thinkin about mounting little light fixtures above each one with light bulbs that dont produce too much heat. ill probably be trying to build it here pretty soon. ill expirament around with it and if i can get good enough pic's of it when complete ill let you see how it goes again thanks for all the ideas ive gotten from you (way too many ideas, im scarin myself )

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck