Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCakes
some guy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizonee
I Just Need To Vent A Little
    #7967599 - 02/02/08 03:51 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I decided not to sign up for my fourth semester of community college a few weeks back. I did this for a few reasons:

1. I wasn't heading in any specific direction. I was going for an AA because I didn't know what I wanted to do. Toward the end the motivation just kept getting lower and lower because being in college kept feeling more and more pointless.

2. Almost all of my family did not go to college, and they are all running successful businesses. I do not plan on getting a normal, 9-5, corporate job. I would like to start a business of my own, and work under my own terms. One could argue that a degree in business would be useful, but I'm hella good at that type of thing anyway. I know what it takes to run a business.

3. I don't want to waste away my late teens/early twenties BSing my way through college that I probably don't need. I want to have fun and adventure a bit!

I have had a steady job for over a year with the government and am going to begin working for my parents' business half way through February. I just quit the government job a couple days ago under the threat of being fired.

So now I am jobless and out of school. I'll only be jobless for a couple weeks, but man do I feel really down and loser-ish for being in a situation where I'm doing absolutely nothing. I just feel like I am going nowhere right now.

I've even been toying with the idea of starting a little computer repair/service gig for myself, and I still feel fucking useless.

I have a feeling that I should just relax and enjoy my life as a young person right now, and not worry about where exactly I'm headed. But it's difficult to just forget about my lack of direction and feel like it's okay for me to enjoy myself.

Throw in the mild depression that I've had to deal with since high school, and it makes shit seem just a little bit darker.

I guess that's all.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCakes
some guy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizonee
Re: I Just Need To Vent A Little [Re: Cakes]
    #7967600 - 02/02/08 03:52 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Damn, that was supposed to be anon.  Oh well.  :shrug:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom