Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Sure shot no failure rye tek
    #7956179 - 01/30/08 03:44 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

K, Smitty says he's going to keep this short and sweet.

Now smittie has been around for awhile and knows his shit and would never lead any one of you in the wrong direction. Smitties multiple personality also says that  if you do not like this tek then do not follow it.

Follow it, Use it, and give HybridprX some credit in his general trade forum please and thank you.

First off, I understand that allot of people have success with the rye preparation guides already available on this site, well, if they worked for me I wouldn't be posting this guide right now.

Unfortunately smitties developing several more personalities disorders in between writing this guide and in his/her home studies :wink:

No pictures, EVER!

Read carefully!!!

Once you have your rye grain, soak as usual but give it the extra time. 36hour's in total.

Next, drain and rinse in a colander as like every other tek says to do. Using hot water for the rinse will cause it to evaporate a bit faster then the rest.

Fred leaves his grains draining for a good six hours prior to filling into 1liter mason jars using tyvek filters and tinfoil to avoid water getting in and messing up the moisture content. Pressure cook the jar's at 15psi for a hour and a half, turn off the heat and let the PC cool until there is no whistling sound coming from the weight.

Leading cause of failure is removing the pressure cooker before it cools, when you remove it while it is still under pressure it actually pulls in allot of airborne contamination and a kitchen is just stuffed full of harmful spores/bacteria.

Anyways, once cooled and removed/opened. Take out your now semi-sterilized grains and re-soak.

only this time, add 1cup of coffee with 2tbs of instant coffee to the soak water, this will help aid in the colonization speed of the final sub and restore any moisture lost during the first PC process. Let it soak for 12 hours then repeat the sterilization cycle as before.

I already know RR and allot of other's are going to say I've gone and lost my mind and am using extra UN-needed steps but if you are one of those people that rye does not like, this will work every single time.

Endospores are a BITCH to kill. This will kill them for sure.

Take care, like I said, try it if you are having problems with rye sterilization/ wet spot.

The next tek posted will describe making your own prints so you can use a fully sterile print to directly innoc rye jars for maximum colonization speeds.

Take care guys and forgive the craziness of these postings. Don't trust anyone!

P.S

I forgot to mention a trivial yet important detail in maximizing your success rate, never, ever, ever! fill a 1 liter jar more then half way or higher then the jar label beveled on the glass. Filling the jar's to much can lead to colonization problems in the future, it's best to just put forth a few extra bucks and buy extra jars.

--------------------

Edited by HybridprX (01/30/08 04:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: Sure shot no failure rye tek [Re: HybridprX]
    #7956189 - 01/30/08 03:48 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Tell Smittie I said WaZup....

Invisibleim_on_a_boat
Stranger

Re: Sure shot no failure rye tek [Re: HybridprX]
    #7956226 - 01/30/08 03:57 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

werd thx

Offlineoxalic32
Male
Loc: .
Re: Sure shot no failure rye tek [Re: im_on_a_boat]
    #7957718 - 01/30/08 08:32 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

"1cup of coffee with 2tbs of instant coffee to the soak water"
Does this mean to add water that contains 2 table spoons of coffee? we're not talking about beans and instant coffee right?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract