Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: Swami]
    #795476 - 08/04/02 09:17 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I was riding the bus a few days ago to visit some family in Indiana. One of the stops the bus stoped at was in Atlanta. I had to wait there for an hour while the bus refueled. I walked inside and was in the customer service line to see what gate my bus would be at. A guy who looked about 20 or so gave me his story about how he was 9 bucks short of getting a bus ticket. He was going to miami, so he said. I reach in my backpack and pulled out a handfull of change. There was about 4 bucks in there. He thanks me and was on his way. I later went outside to get away from all the people. No luck, there were tons of people outside. While outside another male came up to me and asked for money. I reached in my pocket and gave him a dollars worth of quarters. He thanked me and went on his way. Later ANOTHER male came up to me and asked me for some change, and i thought to myself ... "this is getting oldddd". So i told him I had none to spare. He smiled and said "thats alright". then proceeded to talk to me about senseless things. I didnt mind his company, for i was a stranger in a strange land. Though i felt odd talking to him about the stuff he was talking about. He left after about 5 minutes of chatter.
15 people or more asked me for money that night. I felt bad because i think i would become poor myself if i tried and help every single one.

Not a very good example, but the best i could come up with right now.

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: ]
    #795492 - 08/04/02 09:37 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Great story Shroomism.

I forgot to add:

Sometimes I cover my mouth when I cough.

Cheers,

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#795600 - 08/04/02 10:41 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

A guy came into my workplace and had a very sad desperate look to him, he looked like he hadnt showered in a couple weeks.He came up to the counter and very shighly asked if he could have a shower. I said go for it, people underestimate how important a hot shower can be.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Edited by sir tripsalot (08/04/02 10:47 AM)

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #795613 - 08/04/02 10:47 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

where do you work?

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

OfflineShroomyMcPot
Male

Loc: TX
    #795637 - 08/04/02 10:58 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

one time at my college there was this fine ass caribean chick who was all into god and being good and shit. Well she had the normal fucked up christian view about drugs being satan and shit. Well i finally got her in the sack and then got her to smoke weed and drink.

I opened that girls eyes to sex and drugs.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: ShroomyMcPot]
    #795640 - 08/04/02 11:02 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Step back, we have a winner!

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #795642 - 08/04/02 11:02 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well as usually the case in my life, one of the few times a good samaritan came to my/our rescue help was not needed or wanted. When I was living out west a friend of mine decided to trash his truck as needed a new one and wanted to cash in on the insurance. I agreed to be an accomplis to this nefarious deed for a cut of a coupla hundred bucks out of the insurance money. We drove outside of Calgary to a deserted stretch of highway and he opened the hood and poured gas all over the engine and threw a match to it, I don't know if this actually would have worked but I could almost see the dollar signs in his eyes so I would have to say things were going pretty well.....he was sort of jumping up and down saying:"Burn baby BURN!!! Mwha ha ha ha".......so there we were standing in the night with our faces aglow with the light from this fire.......all of a sudden we hear a car door shut back up on the highway and this guy with a fire extinguisher comes running up to us and without speaking a word starts to extinguish the fire. Of course we had to ACT grateful at least. "Good thing I came along when I did eh fellas?" My friend wanted to beat the guy up but me being the peacenik I am talked him out of it

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: Eightball]
    #795688 - 08/04/02 11:35 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

A Gym.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #795693 - 08/04/02 11:40 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My family was heading back from a day at the beach. We were having a philosophical discussion about how far you would go to help a stranger, especially if it involved personal danger.

As we were driving through the seedy part of downtown Norwalk, (Rhode Island or Connecticut?) with the windows down, we hear this woman screaming and running. Without a second thought, my bro Mike, who was driving, pulls over and jumps out of the car. "Get in!" he commands and she obeys. At this point some big wild-eyed latino male comes huffing up to the car in a rage; red-faced and eyes bulging. Now Mike is fit, but is hardly imposing at 5' 10", 150lbs, (he is a long-distance runner) and is not a fighter at all. The "boyfriend" screams in his face, "Get the fuck out of my way asshole!" with spittle going everywhere. (If you are wondering where I was, this all happened so fast and I was stuck in the back seat of a coupe and couldn't get out quick enough.)

Mike is a born-again Christian and he is very resolute and deteremined (read: stubborn). He stands there with folded arms, looks the guy square in the face and says with an icy calm,"She is under my protection now." The guy tries to push past Mike to reach for the car door. As soon as the predator does this Mike says "You don't EVEN want to do THAT!" in a way that was quite spooky because he was definitely filled with power at that moment. The guy stopped and looked stunned. Mike got back in the car and we drove the woman a mile or so and let her out. She didn't want police involvement.

I could not believe that the enraged bull with foam on his mouth did nothing. It was an incredible moment.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#795730 - 08/04/02 12:02 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If you are wondering where I was, this all happened so fast and I was stuck in the back seat of a coupe and couldn't get out quick enough.)"

Was that so you could help.....or run away? lol, J/K wit ya man. It's truly amazing how if a person can remain calm in the face of a menacing situation and exude a certain confidence that the aggressive person is forced to reconsider his position.....most enraged bulls are really cowards at heart anyway, the fact that he was terroizing some woman just goes to prove my point

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#795765 - 08/04/02 12:30 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I finally decided on a story to tell, not so much as it displayed any overhelming generosity on my part, but in so much that it affected another human being so deeply that I feel/think it is worth sharing. I was visiting San Francisco in the fall/wineter of 72(courtesy of my student loan ). I was staying at a hotel where the rooms were a frugal $17.50 per week so you gotta know I didn't exactly excude a sense of wealth at the time.......I was walking along Market street one night and this black guy with no ears(no actual external appendages such as ear lobes etc) approached me and asked if I wanted to buy one of his "paintings" Needless top say it was obvious that he had found these things in a dumpster somehwere. Without thinking I dug into my pockets and pulled out the grand total of 17, maybe 18 cents. I put the change in his hands and he went to give me the picture and I said:" No man, it's alright, you keep it and sell it to someone else". At that point the guy's eyes start filling with tears and he says to me"You're beautiful man".........then we spontaneously embrace and I was crying too.........I can't even think back to that moment without my eyes misting over, even now. I know this post will no doubt get a lot of comments like "pass me the kleenex" but whatever.........it was one of the most beautiful moments of my life.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #796255 - 08/04/02 04:30 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

That was a wonderful story. It moved me as well.

Cheers,

InvisibleSpiffy
Defender of theGnomes

Loc: Next to your mom
    #796511 - 08/04/02 06:55 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

This is a beautiful thread. I don't even know what I can share. I have no big story to tell. Just little things. Once, a few months ago, I was in Philidelphia visiting a friend. One night we were walking in the city and we saw this guy digging through the trash looking for food. To my friend, this is a common occurance and she just kept walking, but it really bothered me that so many people would just walk past this man and not even stop to think how awful it would be to have to dig through the garbage for food. I couldn't bear to watch, so I took him to McDonald's and bought him so food. He was very greatful. My friend and I decided that the next time I go visit her, we are gonna make a bunch of sandwiches to give to hungry people. I never have enough change to go around. But I like helping people and any chance I get, I'll take. Everyone should. If we all expressed compassion to our fellow man, the world would be a far better place. Keep it up you guys.

--------------------
Namaste: "I honour that place in you where the whole Universe resides. And when I am in that place in me and you are in that place in you,
there is only one of us."

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: Spiffy]
    #796552 - 08/04/02 07:19 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Nice story. - Hey, like your avatar .

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSpiffy
Defender of theGnomes

Loc: Next to your mom
    #796586 - 08/04/02 07:31 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you

--------------------
Namaste: "I honour that place in you where the whole Universe resides. And when I am in that place in me and you are in that place in you,
there is only one of us."

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
    #796592 - 08/04/02 07:38 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i don't know what to say. this is beautiful. this is love.
i've never really not helped a person who needed it. ya know? i try to show love as much as i can, and because i long to, God (roll your eyes if you must ) brings many many opportunities to me.
i have a friend who comes and goes in my life. actually he's not really a friend, but i know him. anyway, every week or so he'll show up at the door of my apartment with some homeless young guy he picked up. he introduces me, and then he always leaves the next day. leaving the homeless guy behind. so i look at this as a way for me to help people on a continuous basis. i always feed the confused young people he leaves with me, because it's what my God requested of me as his child. i'll feed them, help them find a job, or use my tithe money to send them on their way. whether they need a plane ticket, bus ticket, or enough for food to hitch hike to the next state. if they want to stay in dallas i try to set them up with the best things i can, job, ymca ect.. it's my way of helping in a dark world. if i make a difference in one persons life, then that will make my whole life worthwhile.

that's not really as touching and emotional as everyone elses stories, but i find it hard to "pat myself on the back". peace braas

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #797300 - 08/05/02 07:17 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I generally try to be a nice guy, holding doors, picking up things wich dont belong. When i have money, i give it to people in need, and tip people REAL well. I go through money too fast... This has no meaning.

Someone above said all you need to do is ask. That is SO true. So many times I see someone and wanna help them but maybe im too shy, or think they will take it the wrong way, or figure they have help, or someone else will help them... If they asked me i would be more than happy to help. I like to give help all i can, but sometimes its not apparent that people need help either. Asking will help.

At work when people were nice to me i would undercharge them. This was making less profit for my corporate giant, so i guess its a bad thing... But the way thier policy works, I would rather reward someone with the same gift for being a nice caring person who will return the favor to someone else than to give it to the heads. All items are overmarked due to theft(i guess im a thief too) but whatever.

Speaking of theft, and other things. Let say someone was going to steal something...that would upset me, but i would give it to them free, and more if they didnt try. I guess thats not good on my part.

I dont wanna sound big headed, but I give money, i stop and pick people up, i drive people where they need to go, i buy people meals, somedays i would buy lots of lunchmeat, etc and make alot of food and go downtown and feed the homeless. People are doing an obsticle course to try and make it out of some parking lot without hitting the shopping cart, ill move it out of thier way. I give people jumps, etc. If there is something i have that i can contribute i will do so if it doesnt cost me too much(time/money)

The thing is, i never get it back. I figure what goes around comes around... Not always, not even most the time. I get discouraged and think WHY CANT PEOPLE BE NICE, then i get mean. I try and maintain my cool, but its frustrating... I know hwen someone does something nice for me, it hits me. It makes me a better person, and im more likely to return the favor to someone else. Thats why i keep going, but its hard..

I dont recall specifics either, this is just random talk...i needed to vent on the subject ~

Offlinewhiterastahippie
lover

Loc: look into a child's eyes,...
Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: tak_old]
    #797361 - 08/05/02 07:45 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

you may not get it back in this life. but the next life might be ten times as good.

--------------------
Peace and Love to all!

Offlinemumblz
mushroominspector
Loc: new jersey
Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: whiterastahippie]
    #797561 - 08/05/02 09:15 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

a month or so ago i was in a chinese restaruant and a homeless person came in asking for money for food...i had just gotten my food and offered to give him half, i can never eat it all cuz they give you alot...and he laughed at me and said no i want my own food...that pissed me off so i told to get a fu**ing job....

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Random Acts of Kindness [Re: mumblz]
    #797591 - 08/05/02 09:51 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

It's weird how some beggars are choosers.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds