Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflushme
Shroomery OG
Male User Gallery

Loc: Kazakhstan
Re: Strain Discussion Thread-HERE ONLY! [Re: Rose]
    #7968655 - 02/02/08 01:07 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

yeah there is many variables cause if you pick them when they are small ive found them to be much more potent, i just figured since we are all sharing our experiances cause with B+ i tryed on cakes and bulk any they had the same effets on MY body, anyways, did you put up mexican albino?

--------------------
TRUST IN THE FLUSH

Take Salvia Cuttings Successfully

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strain Discussion Thread-HERE ONLY! [Re: flushme]
    #7968755 - 02/02/08 01:29 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Ha... I'll add Mexican Albino now... I've been meaning to post that for days.

I have FOND memories of B+ myself... especially of eating YOUNG FRESH ones.

I believe it to be one of the MOST potent cubes... and yet... around here it is known as a VERY WEAK cube. Do a search... you'll see what I mean. When it comes to B+ there is MUCH debate over potency and there has been for a LONG time.

I believe I could tell you WHEN I am tripping on B+ after a BLIND TASTE TEST... but alas, I have no proof.

p.s. Thank you Roadkill for your recent additions to my journal.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strain Discussion Thread-HERE ONLY! Penis Envy Updates!!! [Re: Rose]
    #7969578 - 02/02/08 05:09 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Here are three updated descriptions for 3 different varieties of Penis Envy Strains; Penis Envy (classic), Penis Envy Uncut, and Penis Envy #6.

I consider each of these strains unique.

I have not yet updated the description for Albino Penis Envy (APE) because it has not yet been released to the public... and the jury's still out. You can read all about APE in my journal... or try the Search Feature.

If you have anything to add, or debate about these descriptions, please visit my journal. I'll continue to update these descriptions to specify.

If I have described anything incorrectly, please let me know.

More updated descriptions will follow.

Penis Envy (Classic)
According to various sources including long-time Shroomerite, Mushroom John Allen (AKA mjshroomer), Penis Envy was discovered in Amazonian Columbia by Terrance McKenna and his brother.

Penis Envy was thought, by many, to be long lost until Mushroom John found a bulk print vendor, Rick Gee of MycoTech (see link at end of description), who was selling viable swabs* of PE. Long-time Shroomery Sponsors (including www.Sporeworks.com and www.thehawkseye.com) later, reintroduced Penis Envy in print and syringe form, to the public.

Today, many vendors sell Penis Envy.

PE has been successfully crossed with other strains, giving us new PE variations including PE #6 (Texas crossed with PE), PE Uncut (PE crossed with albino), and Albino PE (again, crossed with albino).

Since the cap rarely separates too far from the stem, a Penis Envy fruit can look like a circumcised penis.

Penis Envy often has a thick gnarly stem and releases very few spores.

With Penis Envy, just because you see fruits does not mean you will see spores. Penis Envy fruits are often sterile (few or no spores drop) and the gills of the sterile fruit can be light yellow in color (Instead of spore-filled and dark). Later flushes usually bring more spores than the early flushes, but often only a couple fruits drop spores.

Penis Envy fruits often grow slower than a typical cube (but your results can and WILL vary). Those thick stems can take a while to reach full maturity. The DENSE fruits don't shrink much when dried.

It is not uncommon for Penis Envy to flush the occasional ALBINO fruit.

Because it looks like a penis when fruited, Penis Envy is a love/hate strain. Many people have different opinions about this odd and unique cube.

*A sterile, cotton swab is sometimes rubbed along the gills to collect spores from hard to print strains.

Source link: http://www.sky-tribe.com/Uploads/st_42358_CULTIVATING_THE_SHROOM_WI

Penis Envy Uncut
Workman... while attempting to cross PF Albino with Penis Envy happened across an interesting isolate. While this PFA/PE cross shared many of Penis Envy's external, macroscopic traits, the veils often stayed attached to the stems. This means the fruits can look like uncircumcised penises.

PEU albinism is not unheard of. But the, "Strain" is not yet known for its albino fruits... just its, "Namesake veil" to quote Workman.

Like Penis Envy, PEU is often sterile, and spores may be few and far between.

This is still a relatively new strain. Perhaps there is still more to be learned about the traits of PEU.

Link to primary source: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7182930#7182930

Penis Envy #6
Shroomery veteran RogerRabbit, "Crossed a standard PE with the Tex strain." The result was PE 6.

RogerRabbit's efforts were an attempt to create a PE strain which produced more spores... but the spores were accidentally released too early... when a few prints were unintentionally mailed out, in a stack of other prints.

Here's how RogerRabbit says PE 6 came to be.

"A single sector fruiting isolate of PE, and another of TEX were placed on a petri dish with rattlesnake venom added to the agar. The snake venom helped the two dikaryotic strains share genetic information to form a third sector, which was which was labeled PE6. Other Isolates of the PE were labeled PE 1-7, and apparently, some of the 6, which was the cross, were in the same batch of prints. The idea was to get a good spore producing PE, but I never had time to stabilize the strain due to accidentally releasing it early. That's why sometimes they look like texans and sometimes very much like PE."

PE 6 looks like a cross between Penis envy and Texans. The fruits often have LARGE caps, which open fully, unlike classic PE. They also produce spores. While the stems look quite a bit like PE. Thick and textured. Like little logs.

RogerRabbit confirms this description: "the caps that opened fully have fewer spores like PE, and they have the same gnarly stems too. Only the caps seem to be bigger and to open all the way."

Link to Primary source: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7624855#7624855

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (02/05/08 01:43 PM)

OfflineCubie
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Down the rabbit hole...
    #7969851 - 02/02/08 06:15 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I havnt read this whole thread but I wanna say this. Everyone says cubes are cubes but their are differnt chemicals in differnt strains that can slightly influence the type of trip.

And what's the deal with hawaiians?????

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strain Discussion Thread-HERE ONLY! Penis Envy Updates!!! [Re: Cubie]
    #7969876 - 02/02/08 06:21 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

PESH are not NATIVE Hawaiian cubes.

There are NO native Hawaii cubes currently on the market... and to my knowledge, none have been discovered in the wild.

Quote:

Roadkill said:

Hawaiian Strain of Cubes is not from Hawaii...at least they didn't grow wild there.

The company that was selling them...was from Hawaii.

Pacifica Exotica Spora.

so they named them the PES Hawaiian.

Other companies grew them out and started selling them...and they dropped the PES from the name.

tc

I believe Pacifica Exotica Spora Co. was located IN Hawaii... but I can't confirm this yet.

I have never heard where PESH's source spores actually came from... and I fear that info may be long lost..

Can anybody confirm or add info?

As for potency, I agree... but there is little proof. I can't prove it. If something can't be proven time and time again, or confirmed by multiple sources (without argument) it shouldn't go in the formal description.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (02/02/08 06:58 PM)

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #7972006 - 02/03/08 08:11 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

p cubes are p cubes.

Some strains vary slightly but not much. Biggest strains ive dealt with that had different charactarestics are...

Mexicubes = strange veil breakage. Doesnt even leave a slightest ring on the stems. Likes to grow in large clusters with as many as 10-20 small dudes from one spot.

Lipa Yai = Consistently seam more potent.

Malabar is what i work with the most. Nice and average.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
Re: Strain Discussion Thread-HERE ONLY! Penis Envy Updates!!! [Re: Cubie]
    #7972015 - 02/03/08 08:16 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cubie said:
I havnt read this whole thread but I wanna say this. Everyone says cubes are cubes but their are differnt chemicals in differnt strains that can slightly influence the type of trip.

And what's the deal with hawaiians?????

Well there other chems in mushrooms that are psychoactive other then Psilocin and Psilocybin. Also.... The conversion of Psilocybin -> to Psilocin when you digest could alter things slightly too.

But most likely different trips are all subjective and in your head.

Every trip of mine is different in its own way. Your mental state going into the trip is the biggest factor.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strain Discussion Thread-HERE ONLY! Penis Envy Updates!!! [Re: baraka]
    #7972801 - 02/03/08 12:32 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Nice to see you Baraka!

Yesterday, I added many, many, "Strains" to my journal... and added the vendor descriptions from www.sporeworks.com www.thehawkseye.com and www.ralphstersspores.com...

I'll add descriptions from Little Shop of Spores and Dark Spores at a later date.

I now have a list of 81 cube, "Strains". There is still much work to be done... but now we're cooking. :smile:

There is now info on almost every one of those strains... that said, the vendor descriptions are often subjective and leave something to be desired. Especially Ralph's descriptions.

Ralph is a great vendor and he has a great selection... but his "Strain" descriptions are often quite bad. Check 'em out, you'll see what I mean.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (02/03/08 12:48 PM)

Offlinelovingtickels
wit a engineringdegre wo neds tono how 2 spel

Loc: North or South America
    #7975449 - 02/03/08 09:30 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

The most visual?

--------------------
I never guess. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.
- Al Franken

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strain Discussion Thread-HERE ONLY! Penis Envy Updates!!! [Re: lovingtickels]
    #7975506 - 02/03/08 09:43 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Visuals have to do with the quantity of cubes you eat, where you eat them, who you eat them with, and your state of mind, when you eat them...

People will argue which, "Strain" is the most visual seven days a week, and twice on Sunday... but these discussions are not convincing to me.

If you eat enough of any, "Strain" you will have visuals.

If a cube, "Strain" was NOT a, "Visual" strain, we'd KNOW about it by now. :wink:

Much of this has already been discussed in this very thread.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinelovingtickels

#7975526 - 02/03/08 09:48 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I apologize for wasting your time. I will delete the prior thread and this on tomorrow evening. I am just attempting to decide what strain(s) i will try next. I understand the factors associated with any experience in life affect our perception. I am just looking for something next to try. So what ever strain the first person tells me they have found to be the most visual is my next project. I will eventually have an opinion of my own. but for now, now that i confused to all hell with choices, im asking for a personal suggestion. yes i agree this is not the place for this post and i will delete it.

--------------------
I never guess. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.
- Al Franken

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strain Discussion Thread-HERE ONLY! Penis Envy Updates!!! [Re: lovingtickels]
    #7975618 - 02/03/08 10:09 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Naw, don't delete it.

You asked an interesting question.

I said what I did, to preempt the obligatory, "Which is the most visual?" debate which was to follow. :wink:

Cubes all grow the same way, so pick a strain that looks weird, or has an interesting history, or is from a place in the world you've never visited. :smile:

You WILL have a unique experience... and you'll see visuals.

Personally, I like Penis Envy, Atlantis #7 (not a cube but worth a look) or B+. All will test your patience when you grow 'em the first time.

A hobby mycologist needs to learn patience. :wink:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinelovingtickels

#7975657 - 02/03/08 10:15 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Atlantis #7? wow im learning every day. Now to search the suppliers. B+. believe it or not I have never tried it. Thank you
edit: ralphsters doesn't have this atlantis #7, any suggestions

--------------------
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

- Al Franken

Edited by lovingtickels (02/03/08 10:20 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #7975678 - 02/03/08 10:21 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

For Atl #7 I believe you need to go to www.sporeworks.com. They also carry B+ and Penis Envy, along with many other vendors.

And check out the Mexicana section in the cultivation archives. Atlantis #7 follows the same teks. Crazy, shit... research it before you decide to buy, but it is worth a look under the microscope... I swear.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinelovingtickels

#7975707 - 02/03/08 10:29 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

i love b+, all though i am trying to no end to avoid hollow stems ( dam it i will do it and write a tek. the mex i know is mex a harvested for Scotia. thanks for the supplier link and the suggestion. i appreciate opinion.
edit:dam spell check...i mean Sclerotia

--------------------
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

- Al Franken

Edited by lovingtickels (02/03/08 10:32 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #7976371 - 02/04/08 02:14 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

The Penis Envy strains have notoriously thick stems.

This means, when you dry a penis there is, ironically, very little shrinkage. :wink:

To my understanding, the PF strains are quite thick as well. I'd try the albino.

Sclerotia dries well, but be sure to check the potency before you play mad scientist. Both wet and dry sclerotia have different potency ratios than cubes.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #7978299 - 02/04/08 04:14 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Many new updates in my Strain Journal today.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Journal/117267

Including info on the origins of B+, Falbino, PF Albino (check out the link to a story of the PF strain's notorious UV degeneration!)... and microscopic photos of several different cube spores, provided by Sporeworks.

Thank you all for your contributions.

:smile:

This is a big project, and I am happy to have all the help ya'll can offer.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (02/05/08 05:20 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Strain Discussion Thread-HERE ONLY! PF Classic and PF Albino Updates!!! [Re: Rose]
    #7988512 - 02/06/08 07:26 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

New updates in my journal. Check out the posts in the PF Classic thread, about the FBI case against Professor Fanaticus... as described by the Professor himself!

Also be sure to read up about the PF Albino. Many new interesting posts and links enlighten this peculiar cube.

Just click the book icon above my avatar.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (02/06/08 08:36 PM)

Offlinetopad
Stranger
Re: Strain Discussion Thread-HERE ONLY! [Re: Rose]
    #8000545 - 02/09/08 03:02 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I think this is the right place to ask this question...
I am a total newbie to growing, and was thinking of ordering the B+ strain from hawkeye. I understand that this mushroom gets to be fairly large, and was wandering if it is possible to use the "poor man's" terrarium described here http://www.lycaeum.org/drugs/Tryptamines/Psilocybian/gg32/mmgg.htm since the B+ get so large, and 2 liter bottles are not. Thanks.

Offlinetopad
Stranger
Re: Strain Discussion Thread-HERE ONLY! [Re: mandelbrah]
    #8000569 - 02/09/08 03:08 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I think this is the right place to ask this question...
I am a total newbie to growing, and was thinking of ordering the B+ strain from hawkeye. I understand that this mushroom gets to be fairly large, and was wandering if it is possible to use the "poor man's" terrarium described here http://www.lycaeum.org/drugs/Tryptamines/Psilocybian/gg32/mmgg.htm since the B+ get so large, and 2 liter bottles are not. Thanks.

Edited by topad (02/09/08 03:11 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale