Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul is toast [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #7957040 - 01/30/08 06:14 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I suppose you're right.  I'll go support someone I don't agree with instead. :rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: Ron Paul is toast [Re: Blend]
    #7957076 - 01/30/08 06:19 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ron Paul is toast

=

??

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
    #7957146 - 01/30/08 06:30 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

support the easter bunny if you want to. he won't get elected though. :shrug:

man, i've been where you're at before, in 2000 when i voted for the first time. i was the same way. it feels good to vote your conscience and stick to your guns, but it's really a sort of silly way of doing things. if you really want to stand fir something you believe in i'd suggest you try and figure out a way to wake people up to unconventional candidates like paul, or other third party candidates, so that in future elections people like him might have a chance. that's what the country really needs. being stubborn and delusional, and pretending someones going to win when it's mathematically impossible isn't really doing much for anyone though. unless of course it's the thought that counts. :wink:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Ron Paul is toast [Re: Robo]
    #7957182 - 01/30/08 06:41 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Omni said:
Its harder for Americans to get into the Netherlands than you think...
they have no obligation or responsibility to give you a job even if you have more qualifications or skills than a Dutch applicant. From what I hear, it's nothing like here.

since when is anyone here obligated to give you a job?

InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

#7957229 - 01/30/08 06:53 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I just don't see how voting for a guy that parallels my ideals is being 'stubborn and delusional.' :shrug:

So far in this thread I've been told that A. I have to vote, or I'm part of the problem, and B. I shouldn't vote for the underdog, the only candidate I can actually agree with, because it "insults my intelligence."

So by those standards, I should vote for the person everyone else is voting for.  Otherwise I'm an idiotic, delusional no good American. :wtf:

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: Ron Paul is toast [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #7957272 - 01/30/08 07:03 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

If someone here doesn't give an immigrant a shot with the same qualifications and skills as a native applying for a job, you are looked down upon. The immigrant can contact media and make you look like a bigot ass on television, and they will blow it out of proportion. This goes for racial minorities that are natives of the US as well.

Elsewhere around the world the situation is not so from what I've been told. Its just the social way the good old US of A has come to be. Equal opportunity for all, civil rights, blah blah. I'm sure in the Netherlands they have the right to not give a rats ass about an individual having to start a new life in a new country, having to adjust and find employment, even if you have all the schooling and the degree,etc. Difference is they probably don't sick the media parade on you and there isn't that social pressure present in the hiring process. That's just what I was told about Americans going abroad and trying to find employment, that it's tougher because of this.

Invisiblemanyc
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫

Loc: Axis Mundi
    #7957279 - 01/30/08 07:04 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I'm voting for him, personally. Even though I do not believe it means a damn thing - I think voting is totally rigged. It's all a show. Maybe I'm just a paranoid conspiracy theorist, but.. I don't care. I go with what I gather.

The drug war is a waste of money and illustrates the government's craving to control the way people think. They gladly circulate narcotics when it suits their needs, but wish to completely eradicate the Cannabis plant. What the fuck kind of thinking is that - to eradicate a plant??

"Increased Eradication
As of September 20, 2005, DEA’s Domestic Cannabis Eradication/Suppression Program supported the eradication of 3,054,336 plants in the top seven marijuana producing states (California, Hawaii, Kentucky, Oregon, Tennessee, Washington and West Virginia). This is an increase of 315,628 eradicated plants over the previous year.76
For the 2005 eradication season, a total of 5 million marijuana plants have been eradicated across the United States. This is a one million plant increase over last year. The Departments of Agriculture and Interior combined have eradicated an estimated 1.2 million plants during this 2005 eradication season.77"
http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/marijuana_position.html

The system is always struggling the solve the problems it created in the first place.

If you legalize Cannabis, or any other drug that can be grown, harvested, and extracted or processed if need be...

...stupid people will continue to buy from dealers, while the smart ones will get everything they need to produce their own personal supply.

If you legalize Cannabis, anyone can grow it on their window sill.

No one will need to rely on connections that are tied to violent gangs and whatnot (which are just as corrupt and power-hungry as the government), or ANY connections for that matter.

Ah. Whatever.

We're all doomed.

--------------------

Hemp could Save the World.

"There is no flag that is large enough, to hide the shame of a man in cuffs." -Serj Tankian

:mushroomgrow:Know Thyself.:mushroomgrow:

"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on."
-Terence Mckenna

Edited by manyc (01/30/08 07:06 PM)

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Ron Paul is toast [Re: Leanin]
    #7957280 - 01/30/08 07:04 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Leanin said:
i agree, if obama gets elected i predict assassination or mass exodus, same with hilary

America - The land of the free :awesome:

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: Ron Paul is toast [Re: MarijuanaCarman]
    #7957292 - 01/30/08 07:06 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MarijuanaCarman said:
Please tell me this is a joke! Damn it

Is it really that hard to believe?

OfflineMarijuanaCarman
Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Surfside Beach
    #7957303 - 01/30/08 07:09 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Its not about picking who you think is gonna win or who's getting the most publicity...its about picking who you believe will do the most good for our country. No one said anything about him winning...I've only heard words of support. Just because something isn't the popular idea doesn't mean its the wrong idea. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I think it is incredibly rude of you to talk down to anyone because of something they support. I completely understand how our government operates; change takes time. I know that even if he was elected into office everything wouldn't be fixed in the blink of an eye it would take many years to repair our declining economy.

--------------------
~You could love me or hate me,
I swear it won't make me or break me~

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

#7957306 - 01/30/08 07:11 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

no you should vote for whoever you want! what i mean is that ron paul is running for the republican nomination, and let's face it, his chances of winning are pretty damn slim. so vote for him if you'd like out of principle, but don't some how convince yourself that he's going to win. that's what i meant about being stubborn/delusional. because when someone else gets the nomination you'll have to find someone else to get behind and support because as far as i know ron paul doesn't plan to run for president as a third party candidate if he doesn't win the nomination. i guess i'm more or less addressing all the ron paul fanatics who refuse to admit that he isn't going to win no matter how amazing they think he is. he isn't going to get the nomination but that shouldn't stop you from voting for him in the primaries if he shares you views and you think he's right for the country.

i guess some of the blind optimism in this thread was kind of bothering me a bit. it's time to face the numbers and look to the future of this 08' election.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#7957322 - 01/30/08 07:15 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Omni said:
If someone here doesn't give an immigrant a shot with the same qualifications and skills as a native applying for a job, you are looked down upon.

there's nothing forcing us to give anyone a job, there's nothing that says you
cant be fired for no reason. understand that each time Al Sharpton makes an
appearance at a 'racist' establishment it hit's national news, that's millions of
homes that now know your company... that's free publicity, thats boosted revenue

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #7957333 - 01/30/08 07:17 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
each time Al Sharpton makes an
appearance at a 'racist' establishment it hit's national news, that's millions of
homes that now know your company... that's free publicity, thats boosted revenue

lol you could look at it that way I suppose. That's looking at it from the companies perspective though, little foreign man still has no job :lol:

OfflineCokedUpHobit64
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7957335 - 01/30/08 07:18 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Ron Paul is in the Republican debate live on CNN right now, I dont think hes dropping out quite yet.

--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: Ron Paul is toast [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #7957344 - 01/30/08 07:21 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I donated a little to the campaign, so they send me emails constantly now. I got an email saying that they are fighting a fight against big media and elitist politicians blah blah something something and that it is rough for the campaign and dr. paul. But I didn't see anywhere that he was dropping out just yet. I still don't see how he stands a chance,though.

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: Ron Paul is toast *DELETED* [Re: Robo]
    #7957369 - 01/30/08 07:27 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Chemy

Reason for deletion: If you are sure you want to do this, click the button below. Yes, I want to delete this post.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

#7957381 - 01/30/08 07:31 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Omni said:
little foreign man still has no job :lol:

good for him, I hear they may be hiring in some other country, pass the word along

InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

#7957383 - 01/30/08 07:31 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Your remarks are expected, and someone had to say it.
I'm sure most everyone understands that his chance at winning the republican nomination is very slight. Which means he needs all the support he can get.

To me, he's the only one that's right. I've never voted before, simply because I've never found a candidate I can wholly agree with. Ron Paul is my guy. Whether he wins this election or not, emphasis on not, I don't see much hope in anyone else.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Ron Paul is toast [Re: Chemy]
    #7957393 - 01/30/08 07:33 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Chemy said:
I don't understand why he didn't advertise here at all

he might have tried

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

#7957505 - 01/30/08 07:55 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

if no one i can honestly support gets a nomination i usually just vote for a third party candidate i believe in, just so i can say i voted. politics in the US are fucked up atm. it's sad when half the country is choosing "the lesser of two evils", and the other half isn't even voting at all. maybe one day a third party revolution will occur, and we will have some good choices again.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom