Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTCatz
Manic
Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: Hashbury]
    #792955 - 08/02/02 03:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

next best thing to walking on the moon heehee,
when I use to do this I lived in a rural area, not much traffic so to say..
i had a 68 Camaro that would GO ------> FAST

My fav was driving when the Moon was going from 1st quarter to full...
turn off the lights, push the pedal and drive by moon light!
you could keep it under 50 and think you were hitting warp speed!
there were also times we went a bit faster hehe

i also had a motorcycle...fun as shit but a lot trickier to operate..

later on I got a 4wd and started hittin the backroads in style and also going down the beach ....fun stuff!
I don't recomend driving at all if you can't handle it...
If your up for this type of enjoyment, try it on the backroads and see whats what.
I'm 25 years older now and wouldn't do it....But damn it was fun

--------------------
Flying in a Blue Dream

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: TCatz]
    #794346 - 08/03/02 12:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

One day a gal trippin on peyote parked her car in the middle of the road on a curve and went off to take a piss. My uncle and his buddy were killed when they hit her car. They were around 23 years old. This was back in the early seventies.

Leaf

InvisibleTCatz
Manic
Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: nezshoo]
    #794611 - 08/03/02 03:57 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i agree.
sadly enough some folks don't know their own limits,
as did the Idiot girl on Peyote in leafblowers post, truly tragic

--------------------
Flying in a Blue Dream

Offlineanonymous_dude
just some guy
Loc: outside of Jacksonville,F...
    #794648 - 08/03/02 04:28 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I think driving under mind altering substances is generally wrong. If you were on a small to moderate dosage of coke or amphetamines you could probably drive even better though.

--------------------
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
-Dr. Johnson

Anonymous

#794656 - 08/03/02 04:35 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

It is hard to "know your limit" on a highly variable substance. You must be real special.

Leaf

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: ]
    #794665 - 08/03/02 04:45 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

If you're tripping, you shouldn't be behind the wheel. I could drive home everytime I trip, but no, I put on some music and enjoy the long walk home.

InvisibleTCatz
Manic
    #794766 - 08/03/02 06:27 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

well its wasn't "being special" or rocket science for me to know my limit.,
I didn't do large doses and then decide I would try driving ,
and then decide if I was able to drive or not
and there were many times I did not not drive, because I knew my capabilities and my limits

like Mr Crisper and nezshroom,...imo they have a good handle on the driving thing and,they also seem to be able to know when and when not to...

nez said it well < I doubt anybody is going to do 6g's and go out driving.....>
of course theres always a Peyote girl around to muck shit up.

when I use to do this I always had friends with me, they loved it..
find a designated/sober driver and give it a try.
if he can get you to some deserted back roads in the woods,
give it a shot yourself...

like I said its been along time since I did this (25yrs),

But damn it was fun

btw anonymous dude,
mushrooms and driving=not drive good
Speed and Coke and driving=drive more good?
heehee, your some Funny Shit Man

--------------------
Flying in a Blue Dream

Edited by TCatz (08/03/02 06:36 PM)

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #795199 - 08/04/02 05:55 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Knowing your limit makes it ok and safe? Yes - sure if their were NO other people on the road, but their are.

I think driving a 4 wheeler on a beach would be both safe (on a lower dose, or comming down) and fun as long as their nobody and nothing to hit. Driving a car - under the influence of anything is just NOT a good idea. If someone else were to hit you - you would be the one blamed - your fault or not. If something were to happen at all - like a blown tire at 40mph and you spin into a tree or something - you would be jailed or fined for either driving under the influence, or leaving the scene of an accident/hit and run.

What I'm basically saying is that it would be better to enjoy your trip sitting, walking, dancing, whatever rather then driving... What can be so much more appealing about driving during a trip? Its it just the fact that your being a badass? If it is - you've really gotta grow up a little.

Edited by TeKHeAD009 (08/04/02 05:58 AM)

OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Loc: Under the Influence
Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #795326 - 08/04/02 07:28 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I am very pleased with this thread all of you have chipped in alot of your opinions on the subject and there wasnt to too much bad karma. I kinda felt like it would be a good topic to discuss. keep on keepin' on PEACE

--------------------
AT THE SHROOMERY, IT'S ALWAYS

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #795493 - 08/04/02 09:37 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

sorry man, but your uncle and his buddy shoulda been watching the road. i can go around any turn and i should be expecting something to be in the road. knowing how to drive and use your eyes to see the road is part of getting your driver's liecence.

i've driven while peaking on 3.5g of shrooms before and i was fine. also i drove at the tail end of an acid trip and that was pretty fun. every car looked like a cop car during both trips. i think driving while tripping is pretty easy because you are processing things faster and you tend to be a lot more paranoid as to where other cars are around you, pedestrians, and what color the traffic light is. if you've been driving for a few years. you know how to drive and can do it without specifically thinking about everything you do. so when you're tripping, the driving-auto-pilot kicks on and its all good. i won't drink and drive though cause alcohol impairs senses and coordination and you can easily be breathalized. if somehow i get pulled over trippin, i'm not gonna reek like booze and chances are i'll be able to pull off a pretty convincing sober person.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Anonymous

Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: Eightball]
    #796359 - 08/04/02 05:21 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Eightball

>"sorry man, but your uncle and his buddy shoulda been watching the road. i can go around any turn and i should be expecting something to be in the road."<

Dude, if you believe that, you must be one stupid mother fucker. Apparently you have little understanding of the distance required for braking. Lets face it, we risk our lives daily on the road from dumb mother fuckers because road conditions are often such that in certain locations you're dead if some fool decides to stop in the middle of the road.

To the pencil neck who suggested that I give it a try to understand what driving on acid is like... I've done it, buddy. When I was a stupid fucking kid I drove on acid on a couple of occasions, and I sure as hell ain't proud of it.

Listen to me. Don't drive high. You're fucking up.

Leaf

OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #796464 - 08/04/02 06:18 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

the point is that anything could have been in the middle of that road and they still woulda hit it. also those yellow recommended speed signs will make you go slow enough around any turn to have stopping time.

simple cause effect relationship. the car smashing into the stopped car was the last event to happen. remember, the peyote girl didn't send her car flying into theirs. so play the blame game if you want but just because you got wigged out trying to drive on acid doesn't mean no one can drive on it. people will find themselves in situations where they're just gonna have to deal with it and they will and it will be a wild ride.

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#796502 - 08/04/02 06:47 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I suppose you could drive with sunglasses at night but your an idiot for doing it. Reflexes dont get better with acid or shrooms

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

InvisibleTCatz
Manic
    #796543 - 08/04/02 07:16 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I agree hashbury, its a good subject and a good post...

I really don't see why some are getting so upset to the point that they are calling others names.....?
differences of opinions , thats all.

thinking how my teenage daughter would say......
just chill a bit, there we go, much better now

--------------------
Flying in a Blue Dream

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Loc: California
Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #796545 - 08/04/02 07:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

People are going to do shit... Nuff said! Life is Life! Is the person is going to die then the person is going to die. You know it sucks but things happen..

Don't Drink and Drive!

OfflineBlipKorterly
Blue Thumb
Loc: North America
    #796564 - 08/04/02 07:22 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

PLEASE!!!!!!! NEVER A GOOD IDEA.......

Blip

--------------------
"Mycologist," he corrected. "And you shoud know the difference, a biologist like yourself. Mushrooms aren't plants. They don't have chlorophyll." --Just a Couple of Days

Anonymous

#796642 - 08/04/02 08:06 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Eightball

>"also those yellow recommended speed signs will make you go slow enough around any turn to have stopping time."<

You really are one stupid mother fucker, aren't you? And that isn't calling names. I'd say it was a fairly accurate description of your intellect and not harsh enough when one considers that you?ll probably be killing somebody someday. Actually, in my uncle?s particular situation it was more of a curve with a dip. I hope the cop who finds you has a smoke before he starts CPR. A couple of smokes.

And I wouldn't describe my experience driving on acid as having "wigged" me out. Fortunately I was smart enough to recognize that the perceptual changes experienced on acid made driving under the influence of it a potentially deadly practice and I stopped doing it.

Unfortunately, being in possession of an IQ of only about two points above plant life places you in the position of having to just take our word for it.

Offlinefunwithgus
Loc: Philadelphia area
Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #796745 - 08/04/02 09:31 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I agree that stimulants do not impair your driving ablity as long as you haven't been on a binge. The government gave amphetamines to pilots in World War II to combat fatigue. I certainly think flying a plane is more complicated than driving a car.

To anyone who kills themselves while driving intoxicated, oh well. You knew the risks and chose to take them. I don't feel sorry for them just as I don't feel sorry for people who die in car racing and skydiving accidents. All in all it should strengthen the gene pool. To the innocent all I can do is give my condolences.

I think that cell phones, fast food (like spilling your coffee, nachos, or 1/2 gallon soda), and fatigue probably contribute to more accidents than all drugs combined, except possibly alcohol, and yet are legal to "drive under the influence of."

--------------------
Say, can I have some of your purple berries?
Yes, I've been eating them, for six or seven weeks now, haven't got sick once.

Anonymous

Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: imjustagirl]
    #796747 - 08/04/02 09:33 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

One of the biggest problems while driving under the influence is other people. You may be able to handle your car and keep a safe distence from other cars, but there are other people out there who may be mroe fucked up than you or just plain stupid and run into you. I can honestly say that, after the other night, I will never drive while extremely fucked up again. As long as I don't feel like I have 100% control over my body and mind, driving is out of the question. Previously to August first, 50% would have been fine. But I, like many more sensible people, have come to be completely anti-driving while fucked up. If you're going to drive while under the influence, be ready to accept the consequences of your actions, most importantly of which is the bad reputation you build upon for the drug you are using. Be responsible and know your limits.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: Driving and tripping! [Re: funwithgus]
    #796782 - 08/04/02 10:06 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Ya? and if the thread was titled "should I drive while I'm on my cell phone?" I'd say No as well .

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom