Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineease3RT0
Stranger
Fate and stuff...
    #795032 - 08/04/02 04:33 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have to just get some opinions from people on an interesting idea.
I'll start in the middle of nowhere... ok, so everything that happens in present happens as it should. The universe reacts with itself, and the outcome/present/future is the outcome/present/future. The past cannot change, nor can the future. As they are essentially one. The future and present are the product of the past, so would it be safe to say neither can change? Look at it like, the future as being the answer to the past, change the equation, you change the answer. If we cannot change the past, then we cannot change the future, correct? Could you also see that the future has basically already happened, we just haven't experienced it yet, or we havent been in that time period yet - but it will react/happen b/c of the past as it should. Now lets say we could see into the future. Could you change your future if you seen how it would already happen?
The past is the Happened, and the future the Unhappened. The present is the Happening.
But also know that it is possible to travel forward in time, example; I seen on TV once how a fighter jet with an atomic clock aboard flew to max speed, comming back with the clock timed just a short moment ahead, showing that the jet slightly travelled forward it time. So if you were the pilot of the jet, you would be existing in the past (slightly but none-the-less). And the world on the ground would have part of the future existing in the present. God is all of time, the past, the present, the future. Would one disagree? If he was the future, or knowing of the future, then would it be safe to say that your fate is predecided? God knows before you were born if your going to hell or not, so do what you need to do b/c you can't change that. He knows how you will end up. (So why He bother making us? What a big suprise! We are going to turn out exactly as he expected. How much love and joy to be derived from that [from a God's POV], which is why we were created, isn't it? Out of love?) And, if God cannot see into the future and we are free to create it, then I suppose He is not ALL powerful after all, the creator of all things cannot even fully exist in his own domain. Time is a creation of God, (creator of all things) but he is limited to the present? Just kinda doesnt seem right... maybe just me, but seriously.... "God" having "limits"?
I'm really really tired, and I keep thinking about this stuff and not really knowing if it's totally meaningless or I'm opening doors for questions, etc... cuz questions often lead to answers. questions+answers=facts/knowledge. I dunno, I sleep now and write more when clear minded.. hehe

peace yous

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Fate and stuff... [Re: ease3RT0]
    #795097 - 08/04/02 06:11 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The past is the Happened, and the future the Unhappened. The present is the Happening.

How do you know that the past has happened? How do you know the future will happen? Embrace the moment.

So if you were the pilot of the jet, you would be existing in the past

Time is relative to the observer. The jet pilot will not notice any difference in himself, but everybody else will be slightly older to him. Everybody else will have not noticed any difference in themselves, but the pilot will not have aged as much.

We are going to turn out exactly as he expected. How much love and joy to be derived from that

Does an artist not feel joy and satisfaction upon the completion of his work.

And, if God cannot see into the future ...

... and man creates God in his own image.

questions+answers=facts/knowledge

With knowledge what need has one for questions, answers, or facts?
To know, ask not.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlineease3RT0
Stranger
Re: Fate and stuff... [Re: Seuss]
    #796904 - 08/05/02 03:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

How do I know the past has happened? The past is the past. That's what the past is, it is... the past. The past is what it is, how do I know? Because everything is what it is. Of course. When I write this and post it, in the future one might say "why this child has posted this message in the past sometime" and it will be true, as this is going to be the past as everything else that is behind the present. What the... I don't know where your really going with any of this really, sorry...

peace yous

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology