Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepsychejam
Musician

Loc: Surfers Paradise, Queensl...
Bad Trips and Recovering.
    #7949256 - 01/29/08 06:14 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

For those of you who have experienced a psychedelic trip to hell and back, how long did it take for you to recover from the horrors that you were forced to witness? Maybe you haven't totally readjusted to normal reality just yet? Share your stories of pain, suffering and convalescense. :psychsplit:

I had a fairly intense mushroom trip off an eighth about two months ago and am only *just* starting to feel 'normal' again. I guess the only things that are making me anxious these days are the slight lingering visual effects of the trip, which I'm sure will wear off with another 6 months or so. It's amazing how a few little floaters can piss you off so much.

Sharing is caring!

--------------------
"You mean we're smoking dog shit, man?!"

Edited by psychejam (01/29/08 06:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Bad Trips and Recovering. [Re: psychejam]
    #7949293 - 01/29/08 06:51 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like you were shocked to the core. What happened? What made it that horrible?

I very often have excruciatingly difficult trips when I take psychedelics. Usually though I manage to solve the issues within the trip and then all this suffering is rewarded by the latter part of the trip, which then is as profound in a good sense as the bad trip was bad.

For me the reward outweighs the suffering, Or I would've quit a long long time ago.

You however seemed to have bumped into an area of such unacceptability that yiu not just let it dominate the entire trip, but the period thereafter.

Usually it is lack of self-acceptance or being at war with life itself that drives conflicts like this.

What happened man, share what was so painful and so unacceptable.

And an eighth.. I haven't tripped on that much in this millennium. I left those doses behind me in the 1990s. More isn't always better. But I must add that 1/8oz on me has the effect 1/4oz has on most people.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineShiftedAbsurdity
Stranger
Re: Bad Trips and Recovering. [Re: Asante]
    #7949301 - 01/29/08 06:57 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I'd say I agree w/wiccan, but to comment further would definitely say you'd need to share =/

InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

Re: Bad Trips and Recovering. [Re: Asante]
    #7949303 - 01/29/08 06:59 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
And an eighth.. I haven't tripped on that much in this millennium. I left those doses behind me in the 1990s. More isn't always better. But I must add that 1/8oz on me has the effect 1/4oz has on most people.

I'm the same way. I've eaten a full eighth maybe three times, and I can't imagine going past that point. It's extremely intense; sometimes I don't even know if my eyes are open.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that we both scored 'INFJ counselor-idealist' on the typology test?

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Bad Trips and Recovering. [Re: Blend]
    #7949310 - 01/29/08 07:04 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that we both scored 'INFJ counselor-idealist' on the typology test?

That sir warrants a poll *runs off to make it*

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinepsychejam
Musician

Loc: Surfers Paradise, Queensl...
    #7949357 - 01/29/08 07:26 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

I don't remember much of the trip, just some very mentally disturbing parts. For example, the point where I knew it was getting too intense for my liking really frightened me, as did the awakening of my third eye. That was f**king unexpected as hell. I had my eyes shut for a lot of the trip whilst lying on my bed, which, looking back, was a pretty shitty idea as it almost forced me to look "inside" my mind. I regret a lot of things regarding that night, such as not being brave enough to just face the fact that I ate too much and had to live with it for a few hours, as well as not trying hard enough to turn it into a good trip. I was too scared at the time.

I guess the reason why I decided to do an eighth was down to me feeling fine and having a blast off of 2.5 grams. Taking it that extra gram really f**ked me up the...er...ass.

Ever since the trip, I often feel not completely at home in my own head. I'm sure many of you can relate to how that feels - quite scary. I am feeling a lot better lately, as I am slowly but surely killing the anxiety by learning to live with whatever is bothering me. The floaters and visual static are a bitch though and I'm fairly positive that they are the main cause of whatever anxiety I have left in me.

I should add that it was a few weeks after this insane trip that the anxiety really kicked in, after smoking some herb one night. Haven't touched any drugs since, apart from big gay al(cohol).

So far, psychedelics have given me nothing but regrets. I guess some people are just aren't meant for them..

So that's my story.

--------------------
"You mean we're smoking dog shit, man?!"

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #7949372 - 01/29/08 07:36 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

My most horrific trip was the first time I dosed 5gs and lost all connection with reality.  Everything exploded into golden rainbow bits enfolded by the cosmos.  I thought I was in a mental institution and that everything else was a fantasy, and I spent hours of the trip just WAITING IN PANICKED TENSION to hear the Nurses voice, who would save me and draw me out of my madness.  It was really horrific, but the reason why was because in my inexperience (this was about 4 years ago) was because I had fought the trip, instead of surrendering gracefully to it.  When I came down, I was still tripping for about a month afterwards, experiencing severe symptoms of psychosis.  The only thing that got me through was reading the Psychedelic Experience by Timothy Leary, getting interested in Buddhism, and then tripping a month later on a much smaller dose.  My next trip was healing, and helped put the "big one" into perspective. 

It was a learning experience though; if I hadn't had this insane trip, I would never have learned how important surrender, acceptance and flowing are to the mushroom experience.  They are integral, in my opinion. 

Anyway, that's my horror story.  All the others pale in comparison.  The only one that comes close is when I saw this kid shoot himself in the head while tripping on shrooms.  I am still dealing with leftover trauma and integration from that trip...everytime I shroom, I relive it all over again.  But I keep shrooming...because it's therapy for me. :shrug:

:heart:

InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

Re: Bad Trips and Recovering. [Re: MOTH]
    #7949379 - 01/29/08 07:42 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
The only one that comes close is when I saw this kid shoot himself in the head while tripping on shrooms.  I am still dealing with leftover trauma and integration from that trip...everytime I shroom, I relive it all over again.  But I keep shrooming...because it's therapy for me. :shrug:

:heart:

Holy God.  I can only imagine.
I've had a hellish experience, my first, on 3.5g and this thought occurred to me, you know... if I could just get it to STOP.  It's a horrible feeling.  If only the poor kid could have waited an hour or so.  :heart:

InvisibleBurningBeard
The IncomparableMr. Flannery
Male
Loc: The bottom of the bottle.
    #7949526 - 01/29/08 08:33 AM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Wow. This one hits very close to home, as I had an awful trip just last Saturday. I put a report up here and have wanted someone to start some meaningful dialogue with me on the matter ever since. The report is at: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7936985/an/0/page/0

Fortunately, I think I've been able to come to terms with it now... only three days post trip. But that hasn't been without some serious effort on my part and some long dialogue with family and friends.

To incapsulate the mess... I took waaay too huge a dose of salvia 15x, left this plane of existence, and found myself bombarded, in the midst of a void, by this tangible evil... a sort of force pressing against me. When I came back down, the feeling of returning to my physical bodywas impacted further by talking, not realizing that my voice was my own, and hearing it three feet behind me, as though it belonged to someone else. Frightening, disturbing, but fortunately I've analyzed it and I think I know what went wrong. See the trip report for that bit.

--------------------
Daedalus, your child is falling and the Labyrinth is calling.
Renegade heaps, humanity abandoned
Bower of the vowels, you lit them and fanned them.
Mercury, the courier, celestial messenger
Bed with Dawn, your bride.
Arrowhead of Diane, pierce the mind of a man,
Tongueless muse of time

OfflineQuilch
Noob
Male

Loc: Ny
Re: Bad Trips and Recovering. [Re: BurningBeard]
    #7950379 - 01/29/08 01:08 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe you guys just find some awesome stuff because about a week ago I did my largest dose and had visuals (things decaying and then 'un decaying') and I tend to get really deep (I tend to always look at how we (people) are just like any other organism living in a petri dish and how all (or most) our social interactions tend to be so empty...maybe it's just what i see in the people around me. Usually lasting only 5 hours at best.

Anyway back to point I did like 8 grams...does body weight affect the potency?

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Bad Trips and Recovering. [Re: Quilch]
    #7950397 - 01/29/08 01:16 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

my first ego shatter is actually what brought me to this site. i needed help and consolation because no one in my circle of friends in my "real" life had experienced anything like what i went through, so it was tough finding some positive help. but after reading about ego loss and "bad trips" in general, i realized they are quite common and are actually deemed sometimes as the best trips because one can learn so much from them. since my first bad trip, i still haven't fully recovered, because i am not the same person i was prior to that trip. that isn't a bad thing, as i feel i have grown since then.

the original poster, i think you just need to accept your new window of perception and take a look at the positives that most likely came from it. it will most likely take time, as my first traumatic experience with psychs took place over 2 years ago, and i still think about it every other day.

good luck

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineQuilch
Noob
Male

Re: Bad Trips and Recovering. [Re: psychejam] * 1
    #7950426 - 01/29/08 01:31 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Please don't take this the wrong way but I almost wish I could have a bad trip just because it sounds so f*ucking intense....I'm sure if I did have a bad trip I would regret every word of that sentence but I'm sure you guys understand what I mean.

My next dosage I think is going to be 14 grams...

So during a bad trip it's just like even though you rode this roller coaster a thousand times suddenly something just seems wrong and you wanna get off but you can't?

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
    #7950457 - 01/29/08 01:44 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

the worst ever for me was last weekend, or maybe the weekend before. but i did 5.5 grams (neveragain) and i was the only one not drinking while shrooming so all these vioelentdrunk tripping fuckers were scaring the shit out of me, and i kept snapping back into reality facing a wall in a corner in the dirtiest basement ive ever seen. i just kept ending up there, like that was my destination and there was no where else i could go. anyways it was extremly messed up and i hated it. but i talked myself through it but it took me a couple days to finially get grounded again.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
    #7950470 - 01/29/08 01:46 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Quilch said:
Please don't take this the wrong way but I almost wish I could have a bad trip just because it sounds so f*ucking intense....I'm sure if I did have a bad trip I would regret every word of that sentence but I'm sure you guys understand what I mean.

So during a bad trip it's just like even though you rode this roller coaster a thousand times suddenly something just seems wrong and you wanna get off but you can't?

every person's experience is different than any other's. i liken a bad mushroom trip to what i think insanity would be like. it's just pure utter "unrecognizle-until-you're-there hell". and underneath it, there is something familiar about it, and that can either cause you unease or comfort imo.

wanting a bad trip seems fine to me, it's just you wanting to experience the unknown, and that is what psychs are all about.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

#7950482 - 01/29/08 01:49 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Quilch said:

your joking right?

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #7950582 - 01/29/08 02:20 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

During a 9g excursion I experienced the cosmic loneliness but was healed I guess by my own defense mechanisms because my brain experienced a mini-amnesia where the most mind blowing and too intense for the mind to take secrets were blocked from me for weeks after that experience. However, with more experience tripping and working through memories from the experience I remember and sort of understand what happened, now.

In fact, I awoke exactly six hours after I had taken the mushrooms and had no recollection but vague notions of what had just happened, if you want to read about it search for "The Ides of March."

I was recovered in that very night and actually felt like my head had just been cleaned out completely.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Bad Trips and Recovering. [Re: mecreateme]
    #7950708 - 01/29/08 02:49 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

bad trip to me is lookin in the past seein something you never saw then and saying aww shit wouldve i got myself into, thats why i think when i had an idea that i was gonna kick the bucket it seemed so real

one bad trip i looked back as if it was a lie and went to my own personal hell

another bad trip i looked back on life and thought wow that was intense, why the hell did i plan to OD today?

both times i felt something unrecognizable, one time dealing with it, another time conforming with it

tho im scared now cuz i dont wanna ruin nothin that i have feelings for

everything is one big  :strokebeard:

OfflineQuilch
Noob
Male

Re: Bad Trips and Recovering. [Re: Syle]
    #7950750 - 01/29/08 02:58 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Syle said:
wanting a bad trip seems fine to me, it's just you wanting to experience the unknown, and that is what psychs are all about.

Good to see someone completely understands.  :biggrin:

As for the 14 grams - Yes my last 3 times tripping was around 8 grams and for certain reasons I will need to remain clean for a while and not have anything around me so I don't have the time to try like 10.5 so I figure I will just jump to 14. Who knows maybe it will be a stupid idea but I have never had any bad experiences with any drugs and dont fear I will (which I think is a part of it sometimes). I like to push things to the limit and see how far I can reach to the sun before I am burned. :shineon:

I have a feeling 21 will come after 14g's. but we will see I get excited just thinking about it. :bouncysmoke:

:mushroom2:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7950771 - 01/29/08 03:03 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Quilch said:
Please don't take this the wrong way but I almost wish I could have a bad trip just because it sounds so f*ucking intense....

When it comes to mushrooms, intensity is never hard to come by for me. I can't even imagine 14 grams. Or even 7.

Quote:

To me it's always a different roller coaster, but yeah. It almost always starts when I begin to get alarmingly higher than I had planned, and my mind starts saying "Oh man I wish this was over." Right there is where it turns bad, when you realize there is no escaping it... you can open your eyes, close your eyes, bury your head in a blanket, splash water on your face, but nothing has any effect. You want it to slow down, to stop, but instead it heinously accelerates you upward.

Resisting it and wishing it would end always makes it worse, but to relinquish all control and drift into insanity is also quite scary. The one thing you lose -- and that you didn't realize you had been holding onto your whole life -- is your composure. You get to see exactly how vulnerable you really are. You become confronted with the depravity of your selfish, animalistic desires for security and esteem. It gets pretty fucked up.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Re: Bad Trips and Recovering. [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7950816 - 01/29/08 03:15 PM (16 years, 1 month ago)

just wait until you shit and piss yourself because you forgot how to do it on your own because you've lost all basic motor skills. then you'll know you've taken to much.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom