Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGaryW
Stranger
Bug Spray?
    #793550 - 08/02/02 11:47 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My Neighbor had a problem with knats on the second flush of his casing. He tried Tobacco juice, pepper juice, and peroxide, but the knats still thrived.

He had pretty much given up on a third flush so he sprayed bug spray on and around the casing just to keep the knats out of the house. He's so lazy that He just left it there and didn't throw it away.

But now there are pins a plenty ready for a 3rd flush. I told him not to eat these shrooms as I'm sure some bug spray toxins will make there way into the flesh. He agrees but says that He's going to let the grow only for print making and that bug spray won't transfer to the spores and would be so minimal it won't matter. Opinions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineindianfarmer
man with cane

Loc: Lost in the dark,Missouri
Re: Bug Spray? [Re: GaryW]
    #793617 - 08/03/02 01:49 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My opinion is that he's crazy. But what do I know really? Before he starts growing again he really should clean out his terranium and surroundings, spray his grow room out a little, etc. I have had so many problems due to nats that came from bringing unsterilized manure into my room in a terranium. The very humid terranium and 80 degree room provided the perfect setup for maximum reproducing of the "nats." I looked in the the mushroom cultivator and identified the "nats" I got. They are less than 1mm long,they fly, and are almost naked to the human eye. They live in compost/decaying matter. (IMPORTANT): Mites, nats, etc. infesting your grow area could be the result of unsatisfactory sterility/pasteurization, etc. (in my case unsterilized manure) Also having non airtight terraniums/growroom can give pests the opportunity to infest crops. I have struggled with casings, composts, etc. because these Cecid flys I had were hard to get rid of I started over and over cleaning everything and never did it good enough I guess or something because they came back in search compost/dirt. I no longer have dirt around so I don't see these bugs. I really, really suggest he just start over. I suggest cleaning terraniums, etc. with dilluted chlorine bleach water and throw away that casing if he can afford to and making everything more airtight. Personally I would be worried about the insects coming back possible larvae,eggs somehow getting on the sporeprint he made threatening the next generation in an endless stressful cycle. (maybe I'm being overparanoid but I don't think its worth the risk) So at least do the following things please:1. make risky sporeprint from casing or even better get new spores ordered2. clean everything with dilluted chlorine bleach maybe in a spray bottle and rag to scrub or something?3. spray bug spray/insecticide in room and around house maybe too if he has the energy4. Start using better sterility/hygiene around area during work5. don't use unsterile compost/casing please pasteurize or sterilize depending on what is needed6. make everything airtight if you can in the room if he can't it'll probably be okay too7. start over fresh and clean a little wiser and hopefully more lucky I have been traumatized a little by my experiences with the pests please don't let him go through what I did. Just think sterile thoughts

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: GaryW]
    #793733 - 08/03/02 05:13 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

Re: Bug Spray? [Re: Effed]
    #794402 - 08/03/02 12:57 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

martha is good stoner entertainment

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflinekloK
ShRoOmEr!ShRoOmIn

Loc: La La Land
Re: Bug Spray? [Re: GaryW]
    #794455 - 08/03/02 01:32 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

actually i learned how to get grass stains out of my pants from her

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale